Perfect Horns

Comments

• Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Come back when you learn how the BUSINESS world works. Since you're obviously an ignorant idiot PW is a BUSINESS BEFORE it's a game...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiary
    ya if ur pw

but im a customer.. not a business

are u vicariously speaking for pwi?
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    the proof is in this thread. you have contributed nothing but insulting other players and saying how pwi fails.

i really rather enjoyed the fact you ignored my post before the one you quoted.
    the insults came after i was insulted.. did i insult u by criticizing pwi? did u want a tissue? or did i insult u by retorting to ur pixel friends? its funny how the ppl with the least amount of useful things to say, and typical "i heart pwi" crusaders with the least useful things to say are the ones posting more, but if u read my original response it was well thought out.. dont expect u to comprehend that xD
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    as if i should care about other versions and be as involved in the game every facet of where it comes from as u are xD

Yes I am aware of everything that impacts the game I enjoy and play; and I am rather well educated...
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the insults came after i was insulted.. did i insult u by criticizing pwi? did u want a tissue? or did i insult u by retorting to ur pixel friends?

lol see there you go trying to get to me did i insult you? nope but your trying to get me to stoop to your level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Yes I am aware of everything that impacts the game I enjoy and play; and I am rather well educated...
    given ur lack of knowledge surrounding the history of this game i would disagree greatly with ur self proclaimed "aware of everything".. and the educated thing is just u patting urself on the back without any merit
    lol see there you go trying to get to me did i insult you? nope but your trying to get me to stoop to your level.
    thats strange u responded to me with an ad hominem response even tho i didnt reply anything to u.. i suppose ur not gonna "stoop" to my lvl with yet another random response of how im victimizing ppl on the forum with my complaints xD
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    given ur lack of knowledge surrounding the history of this game i would disagree greatly with ur self proclaimed "aware of everything".. and the educated thing is just u patting urself on the back without any merit

thats strange u responded to me with an ad hominem response even tho i didnt reply anything to u.. i suppose ur not gonna "stoop" to my lvl with yet another random response of how im victimizing ppl on the forum with my complaints xD

i never said you were victimizing people with your complaints about pwi your victimizing them by insulting them left and right and again im not stooping to your level im just commenting on where your wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    Leolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find edens posts to you guys funny sparc and escorian, mainly cause eden literally as their first reply to my initial reply, in 1 sentance basically called me brain damaged and started my dislike of them :)
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011

How on gods green earth would YOU know the extent of what *I* know about this game.

Patting myself on the back, sure. Without merit, whatever, again you don't know me, and you SURELY don't know what level of schooling I have.

You have clearly portrayed yourself as an ignorant idiot. Comments such as 'what should I care about PW_CN because I play PWi' is just about as dumb as saying 'what should I care about the president because I live in a state'
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    your bashing everything everyone is telling you and yes you do have to defend your argument or you are a troll point blank you come on here qqing not even having the balls to post on your character.

lol if you consider this game a joke leave.

you called this game a product good think of it that way, say you buy a burger from a fast food place and you didnt like it would you go back to that same hamburger place and eat that same burger again?

get it? good now gtfo.
    the insults came after i was insulted.. did i insult u by criticizing pwi? did u want a tissue? or did i insult u by retorting to ur pixel friends? its funny how the ppl with the least amount of useful things to say, and typical "i heart pwi" crusaders with the least useful things to say are the ones posting more, but if u read my original response it was well thought out.. dont expect u to comprehend that xD

didnt expect you to reply to my post i quoted so i thought i would post it again for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    How on gods green earth would YOU know the extent of what *I* know about this game.

Patting myself on the back, sure. Without merit, whatever, again you don't know me, and you SURELY don't know what level of schooling I have.

You have clearly portrayed yourself as an ignorant idiot. Comments such as 'what should I care about PW_CN because I play PWi' is just about as dumb as saying 'what should I care about the president because I live in a state'
    right becuz learning about another version of an mmorpg equates to caring about the us president.. remember folks in the usa.. how u vote is based on how much u know about perfect world versions

again, u take this way too seriously
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    right becuz learning about another version of an mmorpg equates to caring about the us president.. remember folks in the usa.. how u vote is based on how much u know about perfect world versions

again, u take this way too seriously

This response just proves how much of an idiot you really are. Thank you for proving my point. I am done wasting my time conversing with an idiot like yourself... Maybe you will seek some education sometime in your life. Goodbye...
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    This response just proves how much of an idiot you really are. Thank you for proving my point. I am done wasting my time conversing with an idiot like yourself... Maybe you will seek some education sometime in your life. Goodbye...
    u got me there.. unfortunately i cant hand out epic lines like u comparing giving a **** about other version of perfect world that i dont play, and thus dont care about.. vs voting for an american president.

but then again ur the same guy that said u cant get into twilight temple if ur under level 60..
    Yep, I'm sure. Give it a try, see if you can get anything below 60 in. You shouldn't be able to.
    To all those who said there is no limit or cap on getting into TT/HH you're wrong. The limit is 60, if the character isn't at least 60 you CANNOT bring them into TT/HH. I don't know about other instances, but TT/HH limit IS 60.

I do agree with 'installing' the same type of 'cap' on FF/FCC/FC because I heard of people doing this too. I don't care how you try to defend it, it is an 'exploit'. You can bring a level 1 char in there "for just heads" and walk out a 36 from what I hear (in ONE run).

I fully back a limitation on this instance just like TT/HH, make it 75, heck 60 would be cool too...

so if u wonder why ur not being taken seriously its because i can tell someone who knows what they are talking about and someone who is unfortunately too caught up in their own arrogance to know when is a good time to shut up and take their captain perfect world pseudo knowledge elsewhere
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, personally, it may not bother you, but personally, it annoys the **** out of me. And as far as WC goes.. I keep that turned off 99.9% of the time because i don't want to see it either. If WC bothers you so much, you can do the same. I can not turn off the horns. IJS

Can GM's ban anyone that uses "IJS" after a sentence?

It annoyes the **** out of me, and i can't turn it of
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's not annoying, ijs
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sparc, is right, PWI didn't add the Perfect Horn to the Supply Stash, PW China did. In China they still sell the Perfect Horns, so it was no big deal there and got added to the Supply Stash for them. That change just got copied into our release, ignoring the great dislike of them here. FrankieRaye explained this in this post. He said:
    Horns are still a very popular item in the Chinese version of PW, which is why they ended up in our supply stash. Luckily it's just one horn (consumed upon use), and as you said, someone would have to consume a hammer and be level 65+ to get to it. Not to mention the fact that people who were already 65+ when the expansion launched probably already opened their 65 supply stash long ago.

All told, another perfect horn debacle like the olden days is highly unlikely.

Personally, I'd like it if they switched it out for a Teleacoustic or something else in this version, but I doubt that will happen unless there are a lot of complaints about the Horns.
    magena wrote: »
    I don't understand the issue with the horns.

Faction chat is bright blue.
    Normal chat is white.
    Squad chat is green.
    World chat is yellow.
    Whispers are dark blue.
    Familiar whispers are magenta.
    System messages are red.
    EXP/ Spirit display is orange.
    And horn text can be any color you want it to be, including any of the above colors, which can make it harder to tell apart.

However, the issue isn't the color, it's the inability to filter it out that is the issue for most people who don't like them.

P.S. People, please ignore the trolls. Nobody cares about their opinions on anything, including their opinion of you, so you there's need to clutter up the thread defending yourself against their empty insults. Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Sparc, is right, PWI didn't add the Perfect Horn to the Supply Stash, PW China did. In China they still sell the Perfect Horns, so it was no big deal there and got added to the Supply Stash for them. That change just got copied into our release, ignoring the great dislike of them here. FrankieRaye explained this in this post. He said:

Personally, I'd like it if they switched it out for a Teleacoustic or something else in this version, but I doubt that will happen unless there are a lot of complaints about the Horns.

And horn text can be any color you want it to be, including any of the above colors, which can make it harder to tell apart.

However, the issue isn't the color, it's the inability to filter it out that is the issue for most people who don't like them.

P.S. People, please ignore the trolls. Nobody cares about their opinions on anything, including their opinion of you, so you there's need to clutter up the thread defending yourself against their empty insults. Thank you!
    i agree lets ignore the trolls ^

if u dont like horns and the fact that u cant filter them out and complain about the fact that pwi ignores the insane amount of complaints they had before... changing absolutely nothing about the horns... then bringing them back to thumb their nose at pwi players... rest assured guys that u can hear over and over again like a fruitcake with obsessive compulsive disorder that we get pwi china version and that this is perfectly okay that pwi takes a back seat to some other version... i suppose they repeat this because we are supposed to care and maybe shut up and not complain... ya right

maybe if i was that much of an addict i would continuously excuse the things they do.. i had friends that turned into drug addicts and its epic funny how similar some of the excuses here are.. crack mmorpg addicts indeed .. btw i bet more ppl respond to this part than any other

im happy that pwi developers care enuf to continuously impliment **** from another version into this one without regard to what players in this version think of it after all what matters is what pw china thinks
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    i agree lets ignore the trolls ^

if u dont like horns and the fact that u cant filter them out and complain about the fact that pwi ignores the insane amount of complaints they had before... changing absolutely nothing about the horns... then bringing them back to thumb their nose at pwi players... rest assured guys that u can hear over and over again like a fruitcake with obsessive compulsive disorder that we get pwi china version and that this is perfectly okay that pwi takes a back seat to some other version... i suppose they repeat this because we are supposed to care and maybe shut up and not complain... ya right

maybe if i was that much of an addict i would continuously excuse the things they do.. i had friends that turned into drug addicts and its epic funny how similar some of the excuses here are.. crack mmorpg addicts indeed .. btw i bet more ppl respond to this part than any other

im happy that pwi developers care enuf to continuously impliment **** from another version into this one without regard to what players in this version think of it after all what matters is what pw china thinks

are you seriously that ****ing stupid? PWI is basically and outdated version of the chinese version. Everything they get we get but later. the only thing that pwi has control over is our boutique.

again this quote
    Originally Posted by Escorian - Dreamweaver
    lol if you consider this game a joke leave.

you called this game a product good think of it that way, say you buy a burger from a fast food place and you didnt like it would you go back to that same hamburger place and eat that same burger again?

get it? good now gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    are you seriously that ****ing stupid? PWI is basically and outdated version of the chinese version. Everything they get we get but later. the only thing that pwi has control over is our boutique.

again this quote
    rest assured guys that u can hear over and over again like a fruitcake with obsessive compulsive disorder that we get pwi china version and that this is perfectly okay that pwi takes a back seat to some other version... i suppose they repeat this because we are supposed to care and maybe shut up and not complain.... ya right
    /10chars... wow i can play the quoting myself all the time game too :D
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    /10chars... wow i can play the quoting myself all the time game too :D

yep you are that ****ing stupid how many times do people have to tell you that pwi doesnt own the perfect world game that the chinese version owns it.

here i have an idea you want the perfect horn taken out? buy the chinese version i mean their company all their shares and then you can do whatever the **** you want. god i have never seen such a failure as a troll as you besides yulk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    yep you are that ****ing stupid how many times do people have to tell you that pwi doesnt own the perfect world game that the chinese version owns it.

here i have an idea you want the perfect horn taken out? buy the chinese version i mean their company all their shares and then you can do whatever the **** you want. god i have never seen such a failure as a troll as you besides yulk.
    rest assured guys that u can hear over and over again like a fruitcake with obsessive compulsive disorder that we get pwi china version and that this is perfectly okay that pwi takes a back seat to some other version... i suppose they repeat this because we are supposed to care and maybe shut up and not complain.... ya right
    /10char
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    but the GMs (or whatever the people are called) actually do have control over what is in the game- they do it all the time. adding stuff to the shop, moving NPCs around towns, gagging Duke, etc. so yes, they do have it within their control to remove the horn. its been done before, just as Duke has been gagged before. people who run private versions of the game can add or remove things from the NPC who trades things for tokens, so the stashboxes can be removed (though if someone is so desperate to have a horn to screech through that they have to buy tokens to buy the box, there are psychiatrists out there to help you).

those of us who have been in the game the longest know how thing usually operate here...a teaser is put out, so people go crazy buying packs to get whatever the hyped up item is. then, a few weeks or months later, that 'rare/special' pack becomes a permanent fixture of the cash shop, and everyone has them. example: there was the tiger pack. everyone bought them so they could have the orange tiger mount. now you see them everywhere. then another pack gave people the chance to gamble for a blue or white tiger. again, now they are no longer rare or special...but common. but at least they are quiet. the horn is inescapable, which is why any serious player hates it. it blares its garbage on all channels, making it nearly impossible to communicate with squad members. you have stop whatever you are doing, and sift through the wads of red commercials, insults, brags, and whatever, to find out what your squad leader just said...not a good idea in a dungeon full of things that want to kill you.

and, has any of the proponents of the horn considered this- with Duke, weddings, auctions all in red, whos going to see your oh-so-important message? no one, because everyone is ignoring the red, and looking for squad, faction or whisper message colours.

i just cant believe that, after the hell we went through a few months ago, the bloody thing is back again. whoevers idea that was needs to go back to mopping the floor at McDonalds at closing time, so they can stop bugging us, and ruining our relaxation time.

I hate to break it to you all, but PWE really doesn't control the main aspects of the game (like the actual rewards of the supply stash). All the main things are controlled from the devvs in China. If I am not mistaken the GMs here at PWi can only change the boutique for the most part (from what I've figured out). Why do you think it took so long to get our DQ price reduction compensation, because the resolution and approval had to come from the devvs in China. So the horn being a reward from Stash being removed simply is not going to happen.

I actually feel bad for the GMs here that have to put up with all of our complaints when often there really isn't anything they can do. However if it is within their control or abilities I've noticed they do hold true to their word. If you remember, I do recall hearing a GM say that they would NOT bring back the horns unless they made a way you could turn them off (like world chat), and they have held true to this. Like I said, I figured it out; that for the most part they mainly have control over the boutique (and little if anything else). If you noticed the horns were never fully REMOVED from the game, just 'effectively' removed by no longer being offered for sale in the boutique. I know this for a fact because I saw someone speak with a horn they must have pulled out of their bank from way back before they removed them for sale, but they used it long after they were taken off sale (and prior to the Genesis expansion). To actually remove the horns from the game, well, that would be something that would have to be approved / done by the devvs in China...

So, to my fellow player-base, I feel your pain (to an extent). The horns do suck, however if a person can only get a limited number via supply stash, it's certainly something that I can 'live with' (and I'm sure you can too).

To the GMs and employees of Perfect World International, keep up your good work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    but the GMs (or whatever the people are called) actually do have control over what is in the game- they do it all the time. adding stuff to the shop, moving NPCs around towns, gagging Duke, etc. so yes, they do have it within their control to remove the horn. its been done before, just as Duke has been gagged before. people who run private versions of the game can add or remove things from the NPC who trades things for tokens, so the stashboxes can be removed (though if someone is so desperate to have a horn to screech through that they have to buy tokens to buy the box, there are psychiatrists out there to help you).

those of us who have been in the game the longest know how thing usually operate here...a teaser is put out, so people go crazy buying packs to get whatever the hyped up item is. then, a few weeks or months later, that 'rare/special' pack becomes a permanent fixture of the cash shop, and everyone has them. example: there was the tiger pack. everyone bought them so they could have the orange tiger mount. now you see them everywhere. then another pack gave people the chance to gamble for a blue or white tiger. again, now they are no longer rare or special...but common. but at least they are quiet. the horn is inescapable, which is why any serious player hates it. it blares its garbage on all channels, making it nearly impossible to communicate with squad members. you have stop whatever you are doing, and sift through the wads of red commercials, insults, brags, and whatever, to find out what your squad leader just said...not a good idea in a dungeon full of things that want to kill you.

and, has any of the proponents of the horn considered this- with Duke, weddings, auctions all in red, whos going to see your oh-so-important message? no one, because everyone is ignoring the red, and looking for squad, faction or whisper message colours.

i just cant believe that, after the hell we went through a few months ago, the bloody thing is back again. whoevers idea that was needs to go back to mopping the floor at McDonalds at closing time, so they can stop bugging us, and ruining our relaxation time.

that is not an item implemented by pwi that was put in by the chinese version why do you think they were never fully removed? the coding comes from pw-ch yes private servers have all sorts of stuff modded why? because they dont pay for the right to sell stuff and use it. why do you think most private servers work on a "donation" system. because its not legal for them to actually say hey we are gonna charge you for this item. your right people who have been here longer do know more i have been here longer then you and even i know this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011

They may literally be able to do these things, but that doesn't mean they can do them without permission. The boutique is also entirely separate from seriously editing the game itself. If PWE were allowed to make all of the modifications they wanted to cater to us, it would be too difficult to get the updates that the CN version gets; that and PWE is probably not legally allowed to change whatever they want anyways. People who run private servers don't have anyone to answer to, so they can do whatever they like. I really don't think PWE would add horns back to the boutique (something within their control) because the backlash would be extreme. Maybe if PW CN demanded that they do (something out of their control) but that would be... really unlikely. It wasn't PWE's idea to put them back in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @Eden - please don't spam black text. Thank you.

Everyone, please discuss with each other all you like, but keep in mind to be polite to each other. Flaming and cursing at forum members isn't recommended.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think everyone should get a perfect horn, and they should NOT be consumed when you 'horn'. Thus, everyone can SPAM AWAY ALL DAY like Duke.

Oh... Trying to fix the problem, then yeah, just take them out of the stash, and put something useless in like timed fashion or a 3 minute timed flyer.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I think everyone should get a perfect horn, and they should NOT be consumed when you 'horn'. Thus, everyone can SPAM AWAY ALL DAY like Duke.

Oh... Trying to fix the problem, then yeah, just take them out of the stash, and put something useless in like timed fashion or a 3 minute timed flyer.

thats not within pwi's control only pw-ch can change whats in that box.

here is a tip everytime pwe wants to change something in pwi they have to pay pw-ch to change it and get permission to change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So many insults and raaage v.v

I can see why people find the horns ridiculously annoying because they can't be filtered. If they had their own window that could be moved more easily and didn't show up in normal chat window they'd probably be more tolerable. You could move the window across the screen or somewhere you won't see if you wanted.

I just wish the fishy smiles were in the CS :3 they're super cute.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    thats not within pwi's control only pw-ch can change whats in that box.

here is a tip everytime pwe wants to change something in pwi they have to pay pw-ch to change it and get permission to change it.

Do you work for PWI, or a company like PWI? You know this information... how? Post a link to these forums where you got the information.

Because, TBH, I REALLY do not buy that ****.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    thats not within pwi's control only pw-ch can change whats in that box.true

and last part is not true...only licensed version pays for patches such as PW-MY and so on =)
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Do you work for PWI, or a company like PWI? You know this information... how? Post a link to these forums where you got the information.

Because, TBH, I REALLY do not buy that ****.

PWE just liscenses the Perfect World Game they dont own it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

This discussion has been closed.