Anyone else feeling replaced?

Comments

• Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mystics casts spells faster but a mana hog. mystic's pets have a greater attack range and no penalty it they die , just mega mana usage to recall. all this talkin about mystics make me want to continue on mine.
    I HATE STARTING OVER! b:cry
    WHY PW, WHY?!?! b:angry
    I know why but wont say.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What kind of melee dmg are you talking about? None of melee pets can tank and do great dmg at the same time. And even with a scorpion its nothing compareable to BM/Archer with aps or Sin. A herc makes more dmg due reflect then with bash lvl5.

Ever heard of melee mastery? =s
    I never said amp is useless. But Iroonwood makes 30% debuff.

Sage is 40, Demon is chance of 100.

That can a cleric as well. so nothing special here.

Clerics are much less likely to use it.
    Mystic has just more use in squads then Veno, thats what i'm trying to say.

Then show it. =s
    You dont know me, you dont know how i play, yet you did offend me in your previous post, so yes i consider it as trolling.

You are an offensive troll. b:bye
    But here is a comparison of main skills.

Venomancer: Venomous Scarab
    Range 25.5 meters
    Mana 68.8
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0 seconds

Mystic:
    Range 26.5 meters
    Mana 132
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

That makes a mystic in overall 1/3 faster then a veno. Btw. Mystics AOE skill needs also only 1sec channel, while Venos 2,5seconds.

1) You didn't list the mystic skill you're on about
    2) If it's Nature's Vengeance then retire because it doesn't hit as hard. -hello?
    3) Who will get more out of -ch gear?
    4) Again as with single hit: their aoe hits lighter.

troll troll troll with nonsense.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    Ever heard of melee master? =s

i m AA Veno. I use only melee master to heal more. Its generally only usefull for Venos with HA build. I dont do any melee dmg at all, since my weapon doesnt have any physical attack. "Gain an additional 120% weapon damage in Werefox form." it doesnt give you more physcial attack, if you use a magic weapon.

Sage is 40, Demon is chance of 100.
    Demon has a chance. Clerics is in Sage and Demon 40%

Clerics are much less likely to use it.
    A Cleric who doesnt use it, fails. I use it at 90% of all bosses.

Then show it. =s
    No need to show it, you will see it.

You are an offensive troll. b:bye
    I didnt offend you in anyway at all. you called me right away a bad veno without even knowing me. That is trolling. maybe you should check the definition of "troll" first.

1) You didn't list the mystic skill you're on about
    Yes, i forgot it was Nature's Vengeance

2) If it's Nature's Vengeance then retire because it doesn't hit as hard. -hello?
    Your thought works only on one-shot mobs. Not on bosses. You saying it doesnt hit hard? Ok, here is my count.
    Since there are no Sage/Demon skills for mystics yet, we can compare it only at lvl10.

Veno: Venomous Scarab channel 1,5seconds
    Throw a virulent parasite at the enemy. Deals Wood damage
    equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon
    damage plus 966.0

Mystic: Nature's Vengeance channel 1second
    Deals Wood damage equal to your basic Magic
    Attack, plus 100% of Weapon Damage, plus 723.0.
    Slows the target by 30% for 12 Seconds.
    Absorb Soul will deal double damage to a target
    affected by this status effect.

Lets not pay attention to cool down and weapon damage of 100% since they are both same. So only basicly 966 and 723 and channel times, since its the only things that diferantiates them.

Time to kill mob within 30sec with lots of HP, who does more dmg with same skill?
    Veno:
    30sec/1,5sec channel = 20 hits
    20 hits * 966 = 19320

Mystic:
    30sec/1sec channel = 30 hits
    30 hits * 723 = 21690
    + the effect of slowing

Ergo: Mystic does on each boss with same skill more dmg then Veno. After 2nd second already they do more dmg then a veno.

3) Who will get more out of -ch gear?
    If both have same Gear, defently Mystic since the calculation above shows faster channel=more dmg. Not to mention their bigger range even.
    4) Again as with single hit: their aoe hits lighter.
    Venos AOE is stronger but has 9 meter range. Mystics one is probably like 1k less dmg per hit yet 14meter range. But their channel is again faster. You can see the calculation above that Mystic with 1sec can beat Veno with his 2,5sec on demage. Other then this Mystics Physical Attack Skill depends on his MAG. While Venos all physical attacks depend on STR. So one way or another Mystics (like Clerics with Plumeshot) can do lots of dmg on mobs with increased magical defense. While Veno with AA build depends here most likely only on his pet..

troll troll troll with nonsense.
    ...very smart answer..yes its sarcasm lol
    b:bye
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • tweakz
    edited March 2011
    I use only melee master to heal more. Its generally only usefull for Venos with HA build.

-fail
    A Cleric who doesnt use it, fails. I use it at 90% of all bosses.

Reduce your own pdef when Veno, Barb, and BM can all reduce pdef? -fail
    Your thought works only on one-shot mobs. Not on bosses.

No: -ch, def reduction, amplifications, etc all affect it. -fail
    If both have same Gear, defently Mystic since the calculation above shows faster channel=more dmg. Not to mention their bigger range even.

If veno takes 1.5 to channel, and has -50%ch, then it's reduced to .75 to channel. If a Mystic has 1.0 to channel and has -50% it's reduced to .50. Veno gets .75 reduction, Mystic .5. -fail

-Keep proving yourself a worthless troll. I'd love for fail / lazy venos to hop on another band wagon but you're nonsense isn't helping to make it happen because it's too ridiculous.
    edited March 2011
    -fail

if you cant argument better then with fail here then it has no value at all. melee mastery adds 120% weapon demage in fox form. since you use it only in fox form, you cant use any magic attacks (only physical). That means that only HA Veno-Fox with weapon and physical attack finds it really usefull. AA Veno would use fox form only for defense and stronger heals (since stronger magic attack).

Reduce your own pdef when Veno, Barb, and BM can all reduce pdef? -fail

this sentence doesnt make any sence.Barbs and Venos pdef debuff lasts only 10 seconds and they both need chi for that (also only 30%), BM needs 2 sparks for that and those debuffs are not related to eachother since they have different icons, means they dont over-debuff.
    Clerics debuff costs nothing than mp and lasts 20seconds (also 30%), while all others only 10seconds or less. Not to use it, is fail. And for the physical reduction: ever heard of purifying? I use it even as macro right after on myself.
    And before you start here with Sage/Demon. Clerics Sage/Demon debuffs 40% and last 25/20seconds. Venos Sage/Demon 40% and 20/10seconds and a chance to zero. So Clerics pdef debuffs isnt worse then Venos in any way, neither of any other class. Considering the fact they have magdef debuff as well even better (not including BMs HF here since his debuff is totally different icon).

No: -ch, def reduction, amplifications, etc all affect it. -fail
    I consider here only one skill. If you want to go for all, mystic can summon a pet to reduce physical AND magical defense additional to their buff-skill to rise their critical hit rate (25%). still pwns. since all their skills take less time to cast then venos-turn-fox-amp-turn-back-dd (foxform: 6 seconds cooldown, that means Mystic can do 5 different attacks durring this time).

If veno takes 1.5 to channel, and has -50%ch, then it's reduced to .75 to channel. If a Mystic has 1.0 to channel and has -50% it's reduced to .50. Veno gets .75 reduction, Mystic .5. -fail
    this is nonsence. cause even at -50% channel on both, mystic will do more dmg after every second nothing more or less.

Veno: 30sec/0,75 = 40hits * 966 = 38640
    Mystic: 30sec/0,50 = 60hits * 723 = 43380 <--still wins

Just cause Venos channel gets reduced more then Mystics in % doesnt mean it goes same for their attack/dmg. It just doubles for BOTH.

-Keep proving yourself a worthless troll. I'd love for fail / lazy venos to hop on another band wagon but you're nonsense isn't helping to make it happen because it's too ridiculous.
    first go to school and learn some maths, and if you are at it learn to give a value argument cause i see nothing that impressive.

retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this is nonsence. cause even at -50% channel on both, mystic will do more dmg after every second nothing more or less.

Veno: 30sec/0,75 = 40hits * 966 = 38640
    Mystic: 30sec/0,50 = 60hits * 723 = 43380 <--still wins

You forgot to factor in cast time. Veno venomous at 50% channel - .75 channel + 1 cast = 1.75
    Mystic Nature's Vengeance at 50% channel - .5 channel + 1 cast = 1.5
    30/1.75 = 17 and a fraction, 17 * 966 = 16422
    30/1.5 = 20, 20 * 723 = 14460
    Sorry, veno wins, and uses less MP in the bargain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited March 2011
    You forgot to factor in cast time. Veno venomous at 50% channel - .75 channel + 1 cast = 1.75
    Mystic Nature's Vengeance at 50% channel - .5 channel + 1 cast = 1.5
    30/1.75 = 17 and a fraction, 17 * 966 = 16422
    30/1.5 = 20, 20 * 723 = 14460
    Sorry, veno wins, and uses less MP in the bargain.

Sorry, then i take everything back. But i m very sure that the guy above me didnt consider that even and about MP..noone of other squad members cares how much MP anyone else uses.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    To equal veno channeling, the mystic would need less channeling gears. Now they can get better bonuses like crit or +mag attack. Their dps would be higher in the end.

Not to mention that mystic uses the same stats as cleric/wiz/psy, so their base magic attack is naturally higher.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • SeedsHorizon - Heavens Tear
    SeedsHorizon - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    In my opinion, from what Ive seen (I know im still a newb >.<) But Mystics are a totally different class with different skills and whatnot. sooo your argument is invalid <3 Buuuut I understand what you are saying, well the gist of it at least, since I dont really know much about either class, but they do have different chararistics >.>.
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well, mystics for sure find their spot in parties, but imo it's a slightly different role than the one venos have. a mystic won't replace a veno tho. every class has pros and cons.

for the ppl saying that mystics deal more dmg: it's not rly true. together with armor break, mdef break, amp, reflect buff on melees and demon nova's dragon the party's dmg output is way higher. so if u add this additional dmg to the venos dmg, a veno outperforms any mystic easily.

a mystic can jump in as healer for example, therefore the veno is the better tank in case it's needed...

and u should try out different things with ur veno and u will surprise ppl and show them what a veno can do. and u won't have any problems finding any parties. i pulled in Frost when i was 9x with hh90 LA. yes, also all dragoons at once. i still pulled in Frost with hh99 AA. and i still do now (although i admit that it's pretty easy now with r9 and almost 11k hp unbuffed). show me any mystic doing it. and by pulling i don't mean 1 or 2 groups of mobs, but the whole doorways and rooms the same way a barb does for example, whole big room, all dragoons....
    Same for GV. Yes, GV. Who says u need a barb to pull the waves? I did it on my veno, works pretty well, especially since i'm demon with demon fox form and 10.9m/sec. If it's getting tough, just use hood and/or feral concentration. Venos r masters in surviving.

Oh, and someone said they solo'd fb29 with a lvl 40 mystic and wasn't able to do this with their veno on lvl 40? I'm pretty sure i did on my veno (with AA build) back then.

Someone else said that fox form doesn't add physical attack if using a magic weapon? Wtf? Magic weapons have phys attack as well and ofc fox form raises the phys dmg there as well. Sure, an AA veno won't deal as much phys dmg as any melee class, but still there r situations where it makes sense to attack in fox. And it's more about the false info that fox form doesn't do anything to ur phys attack when using a magical weapon. Reading something like this just shows me that u don't seem to know ur class well. Without glitching u aren't even able to use anything else than a magic weapon in fox (as u need a magic weapon to switch into fox).

A veno can do things a mystic can't do. Same the other way round. Neither of them will replace the other one. Both can take different roles in a party. And like someone said before: if u have problems finding parties for frost, nirvana, 3-3 or whatever, then it doesn't have to do with u being a veno in general.

And btw, mystic and veno work pretty well together. Even better than each of them alone. So the mystic is more an addition than a replacement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • questi
    questi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't necessarily feel replaced as a veno...but no new pets?...REALLY? That's bullcrap, for sure. The best thing about having a veno is finding new pets. I feel gypped by the new expansion, for certain.Blegh, PWI!
  • Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary
    Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I created my veno to solo. I admit there are bosses we just can't kill alone (jewel, crimson, fb/bh79,FCC,Nirvana) and it was difficult to get a FCC group, but with some patience I did my fccs and leveled. Nirvana seems to be less picky since people are reading the same guides and purging is recommended for 2nd boss... But there are so much good with a veno: I can solo a good chunk of TTs, I love my low repair bills, and I love my low pot usage. I also feel useful since I can help faction mates without additional help.
  • tweakz
    edited March 2011
    I created my veno to solo. I admit there are bosses we just can't kill alone (jewel, crimson, fb/bh79,FCC,Nirvana) and it was difficult to get a FCC group, but with some patience I did my fccs and leveled. Nirvana seems to be less picky since people are reading the same guides and purging is recommended for 2nd boss... But there are so much good with a veno: I can solo a good chunk of TTs, I love my low repair bills, and I love my low pot usage. I also feel useful since I can help faction mates without additional help.

Wrong about jewel, krimson, fb/bh79, fcc, and some of nirvana.
  • Zeelia - Raging Tide
    Zeelia - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    In my opinion, from what Ive seen (I know im still a newb >.<) But Mystics are a totally different class with different skills and whatnot. sooo your argument is invalid <3 Buuuut I understand what you are saying, well the gist of it at least, since I dont really know much about either class, but they do have different chararistics >.>.

My arguement is not invalid. The fact you commented whilst being a 'newb' makes your input invalid.

Anyway, seeing a Mystic more I have come to the conclusion of:

LOLzROFLCOPTER.No.

I don't know what I was worried about.
    Very much still a loyal Venomancer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Begurpardon - Harshlands
    Begurpardon - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I have soloed jewels and all of 79. 69 pole is the only one I have problems with. I have even soloed fb89 and yes took a long time.
  • Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I really haven't tried jewel or Krimson for a while, so I just believed in the general opinions. Now that you said it's doable, I am pretty excited, since I haven't helped anyone who asked for help on those bosses. what pets did you use? How do you amend the debuff on pets? thanks.
  • Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Wrong about jewel, krimson, fb/bh79, fcc, and some of nirvana.

FCC and Nirvana are soloable?
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    FF is but it will take u a shytload of time (and some luck on the boss before the nix)
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystics deal more damage, but they drain mana really fast. And can't tank. AA/Ha veno ftw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I still think superman is better in everything LOL b:laughb:pleasedb:laugh

I am sure this post maybe deleted but I had to bring in some humor @ least for myselfb:pleased
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just chiming in with my own opinions. When I found out that Mystics were launched, I was quite scared. I was terrified that they would totally outclass Venos and Clerics and my two main characters are... (drumrolls) a veno and a cleric. I love them and I cannot imagine playing something else.

But when it was launched, I did try to see whether Mystics had a chance at outclassing venos and clerics, and to be honest, no. Mystics are like a Jack of All Trades but they're a master of none. They have pets that seem to be able to tank, but don't do wonderful damage compared to Crystalline Magmite or Glacial Walker. Devil Chihyu, the first summon, can't really tank monsters that are higher level, while venos can attack monsters that are probably 5-10 levels higher, if you're really good.

Another thing, Mystic's consumption of mana is insane. I was quite tempted to get a spirit charm and my mystic is only level 37! -.- It's crazy. Even meditating was not enough to supplement my pet with mana for its skills.

Also, the bad thing about having a veno background, I was playing it like a veno. So I don't know how you are supposed to use your mystic.

I think bottomline, no matter what job you are, if you are good at using the skills and playing the job well, that is what makes you irreplaceable. Not new jobs. I've seen too many venos with Hercs not being able to pull/lure. I've seen mystics just haphazardly attacking everything and dying, only to be saved by their last minute casting of resurrection. So bottomline, if you learn your character well, you'll go far, no matter what.

I hope this helps those who are worried!
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
    edited April 2011
    Someone else said that fox form doesn't add physical attack if using a magic weapon? Wtf? Magic weapons have phys attack as well and ofc fox form raises the phys dmg there as well. Sure, an AA veno won't deal as much phys dmg as any melee class, but still there r situations where it makes sense to attack in fox. And it's more about the false info that fox form doesn't do anything to ur phys attack when using a magical weapon. Reading something like this just shows me that u don't seem to know ur class well. Without glitching u aren't even able to use anything else than a magic weapon in fox (as u need a magic weapon to switch into fox).

as i asume you mean mobs and bosses with high mag defence?
    I stil do more damage on mag. resistant mobs in human form then in fox form. and as i remember i said it has no USE for me as AA veno to deal physical damage, so physcial attack on weapons doesnt concern me. other then this dex is still 5, i miss every 3rd-5th hit even in fox form.
    fox form is only usefull for me as AA to rise my physcial defense. I still do more damage at any kind of bosses/mobs (mag. resistant, high mag. defense) in human than in fox form, hence i stay in human form unless the boss has physcial AOE range. You prolly played your HA veno to long. Think again before calling someone a fail veno.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    *kicks the dirt with shoe*

SO Mystics are here huh, oh and no new tameable pets in the new lands.
    I admit to not knowing a lot about Mystics, but from what I have seen they are a lot like veno/clerics. Sorta.

Without this expansion the feeling that venos are being slowly outcasted already had started, from Zeal genies to being classed as a non AOE DD therefore not needed for FC.

veno does have a purpose in FC, and veno can AOE DD in FC too.. try leveling you noxious gas and parasitic nova lol. and veno can tank bosses in FC, which i've found alot of barbs and such appreciate not having to pay massive repair bills.

We arnt good enough without a herc // nix and now I can see we wont be good enough for squads since this new hybrid came out.

again veno's still 'good enough for squads'... even without a herc if you can find people that realize herc isnt what makes a good veno. i've even heard of armored bear tanking bosses in frost(and not with strong+protect either, just what it has leveled up and knowing how to use it)

I'm QQing. And I am not ashamed : x

**** I never QQ let me have this one time.

What are your thoughts on the new Mystic and this BS about no new pets?

and yea there's already a slew of good pets out there, even outside of cash shop pets: dark wanderer can put out some nice normal hits DPS, varicose scorpion puts out nice damage, glacial walker's a pretty good tank pet with good damage too, armored bear is also a good tank pet, petite sawfly and cloud skatefish for high dmg flying pets, and there's a whole mess of other already tame-able pets... how many we really need? lol.. we've only got 10 petbag slots with the largest bag

but to answer the question in the title, i'm not feeling replaced at all. there will always be things veno can do that mystic cant, just like cleric-mystic. and not to mention i doubt a mystic'll be able to solo fb51 area at lv63 like i did (even though that was with herc, but still.. i dont see mystic being able to do it lol)

we also dont have to send MP to our pets to do petskills, nor does it cost us mana to get out our pet, nor does it cost us mana to lure mobs/bosses, and we're still the most MP efficient caster class, if not the most MP efficient class ingame (short of melee/archer just using normal hits lol)

mystic is a nice combination of 2 or more classes, but their abilities do not, and never will, match those of the classes they are combined from.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hmmm well to be honest I rolled a mystic when the expansion first came up, level her to 54, then got back to my veno, veno is more fun to me, more convenient, and cheaper xD
    Mystic has a lot of potential but .... I can't stand the MP drain of a mystic, used apoth pots (3k mp ones) no use, I still run low on MP.
    When I used to squad on mystic: I enter, no cleric in squad, xxx: ok so we are good to go. I'm not a cleric ******it >_> however most mystics now act like clerics, they even tend to heal my pet on veno b:chuckle

Mystics might be more fun on end-game, but as a non power leveler, and I usually like to do all my quests ( yea I'm old school ) I'd side with veno for that.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Still Venomancer > Mystic to me, in every way possible.

Although having an extra healer and player that can "revive" is always useful, I just see the Mystic inferior to the original classes. It does stand up on its own though and has it's own uniqueness.
    I'm having tons fun with my Mystic right now but I still like my Venomancer more b:chuckle

It's a new class, new playstyle, new things. That's what I like.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • mglass93
    mglass93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    so basicly the only thing we have going for us is our debuff, other than that, who needs us.

mystics are BS...b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • tweakz
    edited April 2011
    mglass93 wrote: »
    so basicly the only thing we have going for us is our debuff, other than that, who needs us.

mystics are BS...b:angryb:angryb:angry

Rarely is a specific class needed for anything. Most if not all classes have debuffs. Most if not all are decent DDs if used right.
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    as i asume you mean mobs and bosses with high mag defence?
    I stil do more damage on mag. resistant mobs in human form then in fox form. and as i remember i said it has no USE for me as AA veno to deal physical damage, so physcial attack on weapons doesnt concern me. other then this dex is still 5, i miss every 3rd-5th hit even in fox form.
    fox form is only usefull for me as AA to rise my physcial defense. I still do more damage at any kind of bosses/mobs (mag. resistant, high mag. defense) in human than in fox form, hence i stay in human form unless the boss has physcial AOE range. You prolly played your HA veno to long. Think again before calling someone a fail veno.

I never played a HA veno, just fyi. I'm pure magic. And i want to see how u deal any magic dmg (in human) on magic resist or wood resist bosses. inb4 "resist, resist, resist,.. waiting for pet to do the job".
    And on mobs with increased mdef i deal more dmg in fox than i do in human (with -30% chan, 16% crit w/o taking demon masteries into consideration, 12k - 17k magic attack), so i am pretty sure i know what i'm talking about. Fox works way better there.

On normal mobs / bosses u r right. Magic spells deal more dmg here, but again there r situations where it's useful to attack in fox to not steal aggro from ur pet for example. As even nix can't hold aggro once i start attacking with magic spells. Neither can herc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • marin1987
    marin1987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Still Venomancer > Mystic to me, Till you die
    Although having an extra healer and player that can "revive" is always useful, I just see the Mystic inferior to the original classes. It does stand up on its own though and has it's own uniqueness.
    I'm having tons fun with my Mystic right now but I still like my Venomancer more b:chuckle

It's a new class, new playstyle, new things. That's what I like.

Fixed...

inb4 mystic is not a veno..
    Honestly people really think (REALLY) that mystic is based off Veno for some reason.
    Beast Master vs. Summoner?
    Veno you run around and tame strong useful pets that require little assistance,
    Mystic summon a pet that has to be BREAST FED everything.
    Honestly the fact that there's a thread comparing the 2 is stupid, don't talk about a class unless you play it. If you even spent 30mins on mystic you'd see how much of a veno it's not. Btw Kudos for more mp usage, least the mystics don't have to buy HP pots, 1 invetory space saved.
    Least mystics don't have to level a pet, yay I can have a life.
    Least mystics don't have to lure ****!, yay for not having to devote time to learning how to.
    Least mystics can save time and money from a wipe, and help the healing process on both PLAYERS and Veno pets, but nah lets skip that part cause mystics apparently was ment to replace veno not aid them~
    Least mystics can constantly debuff an enemy endlessly thanks to them crack pot plants, oh wait i forgot someone said mystics cant debuff.
    Sorry but Veno ALL about their pet/Fox form... Mystic = all about being all around useful...The pets are there to close the gap, and punch mages in da face while they casting.

Also take note, Mystic is a casting class that does alot of physical damage -without ever having to get close themselves- (pet slapping + absorb soul) << magekillermuch? Also if you really wanna compare the class it seems to be based off the Arden Faction of Jade Dynasty, not the Venomancer class of Perfect World.

Last thing if you are dependent on your pet as a mystic, you are playing it wrong. Pet's really just there to take the damage that you can't/dish out the melee damage that you cant deal. aka He's not meant to do the work for you. If anything mystics make having a Veno in the squad MORE worthwhile, not Less, get the facts str8 plz. I would think mystics make it so having a HERC is not necessary as much as before kudos to massive attack speed reduction spell with 100% proc rate.
  • Fluxal - Dreamweaver
    Fluxal - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    marin1987 wrote: »
    don't talk about a class unless you play it

*snaps to attention* *puts on best forrest gump face*

"Sir, yes sir!"

b:chuckle

Honestly the fact that there's a thread comparing the 2 is stupid

Last time I checked, this was an open forum...stupid posts included.

Least mystics don't have to lure ****!, yay for not having to devote time to learning how to.

Better set some time aside, mystics lure the exact same way a veno does.

Last thing if you are dependent on your pet as a mystic, you are playing it wrong. Pet's really just there to take the damage that you can't/dish out the melee damage that you cant deal.

Gee, I must have forgotten the definition of "dependant", can you please remind me, because that sure sounds like 2 dependencies to me.
    And I will strike down on thee with great vengeance and furious anger...the life you thought you led is gone, and your catshop is on an island surrounded by dinosaurs.