Anyone else feeling replaced?

Comments

• Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You can simply let the summon die.

This is true, but I personally feel that it's better to just get it over with.
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    (unless it comes back with reduced HP like we do when we're res'd... then another summon would be more appropriate to catch with)

Short version, yes. o.o

When summoned, they always come with 50% hp and 0 mp. The latter is the bigger problem since they can't do more than basic attacks without mp. That includes aggro control for anything more than absorb soul-spam.

The exception is Cragglord, but anyone using that summon as a main puller is out of their minds...
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I rolled a Mystic and got to level 2. I then realized how much better a cleric would be. It's buffs are to drool for, has an awesome -35% mdef debuff, best res options, sage Magic Shell can grant my main account casters -20%ch, BB for -50% dmg+ healing. I didn't find Mystic's skills all that appealing. Time will tell.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Tsenlu - Sanctuary
    Tsenlu - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No one needs the other classes anymore.
    No one needs a Venomancer or a Blade Master or a Barbarian or a Cleric.
    Mages and Archers are obsolete now.
    I just created another thread about this and get flamed of course.
    Clerics are still in demand but not necessary and the other classes are all but obsolete.
    No one "needs" the other classes anymore.
    You don't need a Venomancer for your squad to pull anymore, you can get a Mystic instead, you don't need a Barbarian or a Blade Master to tank anymore, you can get a Mystic, you don't meed a Cleric to heal or res, you can get a Mystic.
    And they have killer magic attacks so you don't need a Mage or any other class of character.
    Just get a Mystic.
    It's all "Mystic World" now.
  • tweakz
    edited March 2011
    Clerics are still in demand but not necessary and the other classes are all but obsolete.
    You don't need a Venomancer for your squad to pull anymore, you can get a Mystic instead, you don't need a Barbarian or a Blade Master to tank anymore, you can get a Mystic, you don't meed a Cleric to heal or res, you can get a Mystic.
    And they have killer magic attacks so you don't need a Mage or any other class of character.
    Just get a Mystic.

Put crack pipe on floor and step. We don't need any particular class for most jobs for a while now.
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just get a Mystic.
    I have a 94 venomancer and a 61 mystic and quite honestly, I'd rather use my veno more to lure things and tank than my mystic. Hell, I'd rather use a Zeal genie than mystic to lure. Calling a pet on venomancer costs zero mana versus a mystic summoning which can cost a butt-ton of mana...my MP charm was thoroughly abused in a single run through the Gate of Delerium with my mystic with the constant luring and resummoning. Also, usage on pet skills on venomancer costs zero mana...you don't have to transfer your own MP like you have to with mystic.

As for revival, a mystic's revive thing is pretty expensive...I'd probably only use it on tank and cleric (tank so that way if cleric is in a sticky spot, tank can revive and hopefully lure things away from cleric). And as for the heals...while I like mystic heals with their pretty effects and all, they will NEVER replace clerics. Besides, clerics are the ones with the awesome buffs.

And killer magic attacks? If I'm not mistaken, all mage classes are pretty useless (except probably cleric) because of the APS craze with melees (-especially- if they have Bloodpaint), lol. So it's not just wizard or cleric or psychic or venomancer affected by this...mystic is, too.

So the way I see it, mystic got the best of both worlds of clerics and venomancers...but it all comes down at a price and that price is that they easily eat up a lot of MP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited March 2011
    I could agree with Yanami on most, but aps craze? - Craze for crazy? There are many things APS can't do for you like sitting in 1 spot and killing mobs around you with 1 shot without moving, or constant AoE, or killing a mob as it comes to you instead of HP'ing to it just to make it seem you kill faster. Then there's range tanking, taking little to no damage, etc. Aps is nice, but I'm sticking with casters.
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011

No. It's not.

There are a lot of things mystics cannot do. As I said in your other thread, venos and clerics have things they can do that mystics cannot. So do barbs and bms. As for mystic's luring... well Yanami's comment applies to me as well. I'd rather lure with Zeal than my summons. Mystic summon lures tend to cost far more than their worth.

Mystics are a jack of all trades, master of one. That "one" is summoning. They master it by being able to have up to 3 summons out at one time (spirit/"covenant" + plant + vital herb) as well as having a summon for different situations. That includes situations for which there hasn't been a summon before. That's their specialty.

Venos might seem similar to that, but they don't really have a pet for every role by default. The veno has to find or make/buy theirs, and it's strictly optional. The mystic gets theirs via quests: making it hard to miss a useful summon.
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    Like change into fox form? Purge gets us into Nirvana and that's about it.
    Purge gets Venos into NV? For the second boss? That's simply wrong, 'cause with a fast party the boss doesn't buff itself even once.
    It's mostly Amp and Armor Break that get Venos in aps NV parties. Try it urself: 6* 5.0 aps is slower than 5* 5.0 aps + 1 veno. Amp and Armor Break make the 5 aps chars deal more additional dmg in total than a sixth aps char would deal.
    Other than that venos still deal more dmg in NV than mages, clerics or psychics. But compared to aps classes, the dmg is still a joke of course.
    The class isn't done. They could come out with sage or demon skills that cause damage when they land and purge w/o having to shapeshift. They could even get an AoE amp. With the summon as a DD, and them as tank: they have much more versatility on their tank including range tanking, equip swapping, armor building, etc. In the end, it could come down to our lower cost of operation, but I think they'll get some L11 skills that take care of that too.
    http://bit.ly/pwimystic
    No purge, no amp, a 79 skill to get 2000 MP over 9 secs... many sage skills reduce mp or chi costs, still demon seems to be the better choice imo, especially with pvp/tw in mind.
    Just get a Mystic.

I guess u either play a different game or don't have too much experience.

Clerics: better heals, better rez when it's about exp loss, and most important the buffs of course, ...
    Venomancer: still better in luring, but yeah, i'd rather lure with a genie than a mystic. And there is still Bramble Guard for pve (or tw and tourney), there is Amp, there is Purge, there is Armor Break, Lending Hand, ...
    Barbarians: better croud control (aggro control), hp buff, attack buff for melees, cata puller role in tw, ...

and so on...

all the other classes r better in doing certain jobs, the mystic is an assistant. Nothing more, nothing less. The mystic is filling the spot that a veno couldn't fill because of the lack of heal and rez. Mystics r just another support class next to venos. They won't replace anyone. But a veno and a mystic together r pretty awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No1 can see Mystic as a nice supportive addition to game >.> ???
    I have to agree with tweakz on some things , seriously a veno and cleric will always perform better in a lot of situations , and APS people cant do certain things caster classes can.

I think ,overall , it depends on which class u want to play , and with what kind of people u play together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • tweakz
    edited March 2011
    Purge gets Venos into NV? For the second boss? That's simply wrong, 'cause with a fast party the boss doesn't buff itself even once.

Wrong for faster squads sure, but 5.0 aren't the only ones running it.
    It's mostly Amp and Armor Break that get Venos in aps NV parties. Try it urself: 6* 5.0 aps is slower than 5* 5.0 aps + 1 veno. Amp and Armor Break make the 5 aps chars deal more additional dmg in total than a sixth aps char would deal.

Sage amp for faster parties is useful but venos are also liabilities because most are squishy. Amp also only works on half the bosses. That said, most often another -int is desired. Armor Break for veno kinda sucks for 1-1. It hits less than 20% of the time and can shorten the duration of a 20s debuff to 9s. Better would be a totally reliable longer lasting -40% (ironwood) + -55% (tangling mire).
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I like my Mystic...but as others have said, I much prefer Venos, so far. Pulling on the Mystic is rather more haphazard than veno-pulling, and I haven't quite mastered it yet...@_@

And, having the veno-is-my-main mentality, I'm not used to being able to have more than one summon out, so I tend to forget about the plants, and I often forget to give mana to the summons...oy.

The only things I think I really, really like, is the healing abilities - Since my two main chars are a veno and a cleric...it's beautiful. <3
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sage amp for faster parties is useful but venos are also liabilities because most are squishy. Amp also only works on half the bosses. That said, most often another -int is desired. Armor Break for veno kinda sucks for 1-1. It hits less than 20% of the time and can shorten the duration of a 20s debuff to 9s. Better would be a totally reliable longer lasting -40% (ironwood) + -55% (tangling mire).

Well, while amp only works on half of the bosses, armor break works on all. Which rly helps in making runs faster, especially on those bosses that can't be amp'd. Sage amp is nice for sure, but demon amp does the job as well. Better than no amp. XD

When looking at Armor Break, u also have to take the 2 Myriads into consideration. From my own experience i can say that either myriad or demon ironwood procs pretty often. And in aps parties the short duration is enough most of the time.

Multiple tries (while looking for the perfect line-up) showed us that aps parties with 1 veno (demon in my case) r faster than pure aps parties, especially with armor break on those bosses that can't be amp'd or dragon'd.

Sure, we could discuss if it really makes a difference if u need 6 or 7 minutes in NV. But during double drop when u r constantly doing NV, it makes a noticeable difference. time = money ;)

When not talking about aps parties, then venos r still prefered to mages or psys, as their overall dmg is higher because of the pet. I have seen 2 venos in a NV party more often than a mage or psy. Especially when one of them is sage and the other is demon.
    And again Amp and Armor Break (and in this case maybe even the Myriad Mdef debuff if there r other magic classes with u or the demon venomous if there is another veno) help the party.

The "overdebuffing" is just a matter of teamplay btw. Let the veno try to armor break first. If it doesn't proc, then the barb could armor break and so on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • FoxyGR - Raging Tide
    FoxyGR - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As going from Heavy WereFox (The PWMY version) to an arcane Venomancer, I was relived to be able to just work fast and hard in leveling my character in both International and Mylasia servers.

Now? I'm just going back to Mylasia servers, seeing just how much better it is to run around on my WereFox, and not seeing the ugly demons that are around.

Watching/Playing a Mystic, I felt like the human version of a Cleric/Veno (EP/WF in My server game) which made me disappointed.

If I wanted to play a Veno/WF, then I'd just hop in as my Veno/WF on the game. No big woop. The same goes for the Cleric/EP as well *Yes, I have at least one of each race I can get* And I really REALLY don't like playing as the human race, so I didn't see the reason for the Mystic and Seeker.

But... that Seeker is actually really nice... Between the Mystic and the Seeker, I do like the Seeker. And I play a Barb/WB as well as an ***/***. I like the Seeker more then my Barb/WB. Sorry to go off topic then.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I like my Mystic...but as others have said, I much prefer Venos, so far. Pulling on the Mystic is rather more haphazard than veno-pulling, and I haven't quite mastered it yet...@_@

And, having the veno-is-my-main mentality, I'm not used to being able to have more than one summon out, so I tend to forget about the plants, and I often forget to give mana to the summons...oy.

The only things I think I really, really like, is the healing abilities - Since my two main chars are a veno and a cleric...it's beautiful. <3

That's how I feel about it as well. Pulling with a mystic pet is just like rushing to the mobs itself. I feel safer luring with a zeal genie than with my mystic's summons. I haven't mastered it yet as well, I suppose.

The summons are nice. Any of the summons doesn't outshine Amp, though. Plus, we're the only class who can pass chi onto other players so there's nothing really that "replaces" venos., imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited March 2011
    At 100+ no one should need chi passed to them.
  • Gie_ - Archosaur
    Gie_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I feel that this needs to be said.

Those of you who are worried about being 'replaced', why? Are you really that insecure about your class' abilities and your own ability to play that class? If you're even half decent at playing whatever class you've chosen for yourself then chances are you'll only be replaced if someone, not some class, with skills greater than your own shows up.

One more thing; it's just a game. Just have fun with whatever class you're playing.

not really. i've already been a veno for a long time, playing since 2008, and it hurted when i saw some1 kicking an herc veno (which debuffed and passed chi just awesomly) from fc squad lvl 80-90 just cause they felt like having a sin on squad. wanna talk about being "secure" now? i understand ur point, the problem is that ppl think venos r trash now, they dont even care if u play ur veno well or not, and that's really sad. as for mystics: i've already fced with 1 and that was awesome, actually it was a double joy for me since i had mystic + veno in squad (healing plants + chi can be such a relive for a lvl 80 cleric in fc). so yeap, not wanting to be mean but prepare for another veno knockout on squads... i already decided im not efforting myself to get my veno an herc anymore, it's almost pointless, the nix though is a different story >:D

anyway i agree with ur "this is just a game" atitude. if a veno gets in a cool faction or has good friends, then she/he is likely to get a squad anyway^^ i personally changed my main to a cleric cause i got sick from feeling all this "pwi hates venos" but i still didnt quit my veno =D i really admire ppl that can still keep their venos as their main and honestly i just didnt quit my cleric and went back to my veno cause i started to love it too O.O.
    my life story on pwi: born in LC server on late august 2008; made an 8 months break due to studies from mid september 2008 to end may 2009 (and just feel like i lost the best part of the game, but it was worth^^); moved to RT server on december 2009, cause i was too noob to dontcareabout/like being constantly pked; moved to archosaur when the server went live and i kept myself there till now^^; i still dream about going back to LC when i become a pro b:pleased
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, while amp only works on half of the bosses, armor break works on all. Which rly helps in making runs faster, especially on those bosses that can't be amp'd. Sage amp is nice for sure, but demon amp does the job as well. Better than no amp. XD

When looking at Armor Break, u also have to take the 2 Myriads into consideration. From my own experience i can say that either myriad or demon ironwood procs pretty often. And in aps parties the short duration is enough most of the time.

Multiple tries (while looking for the perfect line-up) showed us that aps parties with 1 veno (demon in my case) r faster than pure aps parties, especially with armor break on those bosses that can't be amp'd or dragon'd.

Sure, we could discuss if it really makes a difference if u need 6 or 7 minutes in NV. But during double drop when u r constantly doing NV, it makes a noticeable difference. time = money ;)

When not talking about aps parties, then venos r still prefered to mages or psys, as their overall dmg is higher because of the pet. I have seen 2 venos in a NV party more often than a mage or psy. Especially when one of them is sage and the other is demon.
    And again Amp and Armor Break (and in this case maybe even the Myriad Mdef debuff if there r other magic classes with u or the demon venomous if there is another veno) help the party.

The "overdebuffing" is just a matter of teamplay btw. Let the veno try to armor break first. If it doesn't proc, then the barb could armor break and so on...

thats how i feel about it too
    though the summons cant seem to hold aggro :/
    i perfer playing my veno over my mystic but since im still trying to figure out exactly how to play one ill hold off on my final verdict

(And wth why does my join date keep saying i just joined everytime i rarely post?!?! ive been here since 08 damnit)
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I can see mystics filling a spot in a squad that doesn't quite need a cleric and doesn't quite need a veno. But in those cases I don't know that the mystic is replacing the cleric/veno so much as other classes covering the roles. Only time will really tell though.
    (And wth why does my join date keep saying i just joined everytime i rarely post?!?! ive been here since 08 damnit)

Have you switched forum avatars much? I joined in '08 as well but never bothered to set my avatar until almost a year ago.
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Particually in 75-85 FF's :l. Where you are deemed 'no good' without a herc.... What, do we have to assume we have a fail tank or something?!
    Now i'm getting kicked 2 weeks after the expansion came out simply for not being a mystic.... I'm sorry i have no heals, but i have spark pass, i never have a problem with mana, i have countless debuffs- and by heck do i know how to use them.
    I'm an AA TW style veno- I kinda have OP refines on my armour, and with a barb buff i have 5.9k hp at 80. (6.4k (i think) with sage :3..... -drool-). I know how to handle myself;' when and where to give sparks (i'm always full... ty pet heal >D) I know who to bramble; and i'm always sharp on the re-buffs.
    You show me a mystic, 2 weeks in; that is more pro at their class than i am.... I never doubt myself, and i'm confident; but not cocky. Proud, but not boastful of my veno-ness :)
    And yeah, i'm gunna agree that it is insulting that we get kicked for the least of matters.... My AOE's rule ty ;). (Yay noxious and nova (noxious>nova>noxious is a deadly aggro-pulling combo without a very skilled tank b:shocked))

I have nothing against mystics; more about people's sudden favoring because of their self-rez skill >.<, with heals and pet assists.... :l. Much like me, my pet has debuffs.... And by heck do i use them :D
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    its not about what we think ..its actually about others. i think a squad would rather prefer to take a mystic with them who heals and has rez buff, then a veno who can ONLY amplify. Fact is we been already unwanted before in fc squads (at least in high lvl one) now noone even pays attention to us anymore. we dont even count as DDs anymore..we are just there to fill a spot cause they couldnt find someone else.

PS: yeah i know we can still pull but i been in to many squads with zeals to consider it as a pro. since even if you say "i m gonna pull/i can pull" and you run forward...still someone runs faster and gets the boss with the zeal without warning or waiting.

the only thing that i m looking forward to, is nirvana. since to many 5aps needs still amp there and go even without a cleric.
    I feel that this needs to be said.

Those of you who are worried about being 'replaced', why? Are you really that insecure about your class' abilities and your own ability to play that class? If you're even half decent at playing whatever class you've chosen for yourself then chances are you'll only be replaced if someone, not some class, with skills greater than your own shows up.

One more thing; it's just a game. Just have fun with whatever class you're playing.
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    its not about what we think ..its actually about others. i think a squad would rather prefer to take a mystic with them who heals and has rez buff, then a veno who can ONLY amplify. Fact is we been already unwanted before in fc squads (at least in high lvl one) now noone even pays attention to us anymore. we dont even count as DDs anymore..we are just there to fill a spot cause they couldnt find someone else.

if yer findin yerself in that situation with FC+veno: here's your sign...

YER DOIN IT WRONG b:chuckle

a veno with a good tanking pet (dosent even HAVE to be a herc.. armored bear can tank some bosses in there) is useful in frost.

a veno with leveled up aoe's (noxious gas and parasitic nova) is useful in frost. (nox nova nox does quite a bit of aoe damage in a short time... even with my nova being lv1 and me being a *properly* built heavy armor veno: aka i'm lv90 and using hh90 weapon and hh90 armors)

clerics'll love ya if you pass 'em sparks, especially if they dont have to ask you to do it. (or BM or someone else.. helps things keep moving along)

and there's been many times i've ran the superslash boss up and down the hall with lv3 summersprint and demon foxform to keep it from resetting while everyone else got back on their feet.

i've even heard veno can tank all bosses in there... but i'm guessing thats with a herc (which i do have) and a higher lvl (which i dont.. i'm 90)

and i could continue, but i've already been on the forums long enough lol... veno can do alot more than *just* amp in frost
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
    edited March 2011
    i have a herc recently and before that i had a glacial. i couldnt tank any bh bosses so i got kicked few times. as i said its not what YOU think you can do as veno, its all about what others think. i love my veno.
    and as for fc...read again what i said ..HIGH LVL. after lvl89 you get third spark and noone needs sparks then. i have a cleric and never needed any sparks from a veno after reaching lvl89. if anyone else does, then he fails. and for debuffs...cleric can debuff all bosses as well. they take sin+bm+archer+wiz+cleric+barb there you have your squad. ever saw someone shouting "LF Veno without or with herc as DD" nop..they all want either wiz, sin or archer. and even at bosses sins can tank as well btw. who needs a herc? i m talking now out of expirience as cleric even.
    yes i do find myself to compare only veno+fc cause no other instance is so picky when it comes to classes. all others are bh and they just want to fill the spot (gamma doesnt count since noone does gamma nowadays). fc is something else, i think it shows pretty much the "preference" of DDs and venos get the last spot.

Edit: ..i could tank with herc fc at lvl81 all bosses except the first (since he needs to run away from red cycles), but then every meelee can after lvl85-90+ (along with sin) and your example with summerspring is only an exception. its not like every squad expect to gets wiped you keep the agro and run around. that can do a bm, archer or sin as well.
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    a veno with a good tanking pet (dosent even HAVE to be a herc.. armored bear can tank some bosses in there) is useful in frost.

a veno with leveled up aoe's (noxious gas and parasitic nova) is useful in frost. (nox nova nox does quite a bit of aoe damage in a short time... even with my nova being lv1 and me being a *properly* built heavy armor veno: aka i'm lv90 and using hh90 weapon and hh90 armors)

clerics'll love ya if you pass 'em sparks, especially if they dont have to ask you to do it. (or BM or someone else.. helps things keep moving along)

and there's been many times i've ran the superslash boss up and down the hall with lv3 summersprint and demon foxform to keep it from resetting while everyone else got back on their feet.

i've even heard veno can tank all bosses in there... but i'm guessing thats with a herc (which i do have) and a higher lvl (which i dont.. i'm 90)

and i could continue, but i've already been on the forums long enough lol... veno can do alot more than *just* amp in frost
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • tweakz
    edited March 2011
    Venos can be great in FFC. Build, strategy, experience, etc can make a difference. A starter scorpion can tank most of the bosses there. If you don't have a herc; why FFC? -you're just digging a deeper hole.
  • Wyld_Elf - Dreamweaver
    Wyld_Elf - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok After reading through all this I only wish to say this.

Having Played a Veno Myself I enjoy the ability to lure with a Walker or whatever pet as it doesn't cost Mana. I enjoy the Simplicity of a Veno's Skills which offer great damage, Debuff and Amplified abilities. Over All A Venomancer Is a wonderful character class to play. Yes we can Tame Pets and that is what makes the Class itself to play.

I've got a Mystic right now at lvl 46 and I am enjoying her as well. Granted a Mystic can out drink a Psy or a Wiz in Mana because of our Pets needing it for skills yet even without feeding a pet Mana we still go through it like mad. Why Simply Because our cool down times on certain skills are slightly faster. Yes this is a draw back that can be slowed through the use of Focus powder ((of which I have become addicted )). As a Mystic I do not even try to lure or pull a Mob. Simply because it is safer to Speed kill with my devil taking aggro from 3 mobs at a shot. Currently We can kill 2 of the 3 Mobs (depending on their damage and lvl) Before I Have to heal it. Over all a Mystic is a well balanced class of a Veno, Cleric and Wizard.

That Being Said,

A Mystics Pets/Summons has one Draw back That a Veno does not have. The Summons Defense and attacks are Based off 2 Areas one is obviously the Skill lvl of the Summons ie Devil Summons lvl 7. This yes increases damage and over all abilities.

The Other Area is gear. A Mystics gear such as Armor and weapons play a Important role in the Summons abilities. The Better Pdef you have on your Mystic the better the Pdef you have on your Devil.

A Veno's Pet Gains experience through Fighting and when it reaches a New lvl it gains all The HP it lost plus more from a Fight as well as new Pdef and attack Ranges. In order for a Mystic's Summons to gain these benefits we must resummon it every new lvl to keep it Current.

As for the worry about a Mystic Replacing a Veno..... Have No fear Mystic are not replacing anyone even with our AoE Heals and Pets/ Plants. We have Limits as to how many we can have out. The Plants themselves have a Limit on how long they ca be summoned and In use.

I prefer the Mystic over all because of it versatility and enjoy playing a SUPPORT role in a squad, if you look at the over all Skills and the way they are set up that is what a Mystic is a SUPPORT Class. We can heal faster yes, we can DD faster Yes But the price we pay for these is a Lower range of effect on said skills. Our Most Powerful Attack Skill takes 5 seconds to cast. Our res Buff that has a catch as well it only works when the Squad member is alive. Meaning that when they do Die it saves a Cleric from having to stop Healing the Main Tank aka a Barb or a BM or whatever during a fight.

For a Veno we can be a great benefit, While your Busy Tanking a Boss Like Suzerix or Farren or whomever We can assist you in healing your Herc, Walker or whatever pet you use. This freeing you to Cast poison Nova or Amplify Damage. Thus saving you valuable time.

Everyone here is looking at the So called Replacement value of a Mystic and Not seeing the benefits we can provide, I think this is wrong and needs to be thought out a little more on your behalf.
    edited March 2011
    @Wyld_Elf i do appriciate your passion for both classes and i myself love my veno and mystic more then my cleric. but like i said its not what you think you can do for squad, its what others think.

if they have only one spot left in squad and need to decide between veno and mystic, i can swear it will be always a mystic. noone gives a poo how much mp he would use, what pets he summons, how much skills he has. the main fact for squads and especially for cleric is...
    1. better DD then veno
    2. rez buff for cleric
    3. heals

Thats actually what about. I think noone of us here thinks that a mystic is better then a veno when it comes to play a class. But before that it was hard to find a squad for us, now its even harder. So i dont mean that only mystics are more preferable in squads then veno, every class is. Venos and barbs bite the dust, tho Barbs at least got some more value after the instances got buffed up.
  • tweakz
    edited March 2011
    the main fact for squads and especially for cleric is...
    1. better DD then veno
    2. rez buff for cleric
    3. heals

1. Than a bad veno.
    2. probably not a big issue to most clerics
    3. harder to get healed when there's more than one healer in the squad, and this argument never worked for wizards, or psychics.

I think some people just have a self demoralizing attitude. They assume they aren't picked because of their class. Really; they might know you from one of their alts and just not like you. They may have got 30 replies for the position. They may already have a veno. They're probably tired as am I of all the worthless lazy venos. -that's the part we can work on.
    edited March 2011
    1. Than a bad veno.
    2. probably not a big issue to most clerics
    3. harder to get healed when there's more than one healer in the squad, and this argument never worked for wizards, or psychics.

I think some people just have a self demoralizing attitude. They assume they aren't picked because of their class. Really; they might know you from one of their alts and just not like you. They may have got 30 replies for the position. They may already have a veno. They're probably tired as am I of all the worthless lazy venos. -that's the part we can work on.

Mystics do more dmg then a veno. I'm pure AA on both and can compare.
    They have strong heals with very fast channel. Psy heals is not even that strong (only + is its for all members), decent but not that strong as Mystic.
    And i never ever got called bad neither on my cleric nor on my veno (i'm considered even as very good cleric and veno). I know as a cleric that after lvl89 you dont need sparks from veno. If you want to troll do it somewhere else. I play alot on my Mystic and Cleric and hear alot lately "we better get archer or sin, no need for veno", "we better get a AOE DD than Veno, sin can tank" and then i know why i rarely get picked. The usuall demand for Venos is getting lower and lower. Since almost every new class is better than a veno. I said it even before, i talk as from my Clerics point of view, not as venos. Even i would prefer to have a mystic than a Veno (alone due rez buff, support heals for myself and faster channel at heads with aoe..who knows what happens, especially since noobs reach lvl100 and you can get still killed due their mistake). Cause every meele dubass can tank bosses in fc after lvl90, then better to get second sin which makes the run 15min faster (and there are mass of them).

FYI: english is not my mothertounge.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystics do more dmg then a veno. I'm pure AA on both and can compare.

What exactly are you comparing as if there's something to compare? Do mystic pets get reflect, howl, etc? Do Mystics get ironwood, and amp? Can mystic do great melee dmg? The best you can do is speculate based on observances, but there is no straight line of comparison.
    If you want to troll do it somewhere else.

Do as you say.
    I play alot on my Mystic and Cleric and hear alot lately "we better get archer or sin, no need for veno", "we better get a AOE DD than Veno, sin can tank" and then i know why i rarely get picked.

Is sin better AoE? Archers aren't always popular either since they slow things down by breaking up mobs under AoE. A lot can do with who you're already with.
    The usuall demand for Venos is getting lower and lower.

There's never been great demand for venos, and we don't really need it. We're capable of soloing most things.
    Since almost every new class is better than a veno.

Every class is better than another class at something including veno.

I said it even before, i talk as from my Clerics point of view, not as venos. Even i would prefer to have a mystic than a Veno (alone due rez buff, support heals for myself and faster channel at heads with aoe..who knows what happens, especially since noobs reach lvl100 and you can get still killed due their mistake).

And for a while people thought they needed 2 clerics for C2D69, and now 2 for BH 3-3: we find out differently. You speak from an inadequate cleric's view when it comes to healing support, and an inadequate veno's when it comes to faster channeling at heads. Venos can hit 2 heads at a time using ranged pet and bow or melee / mag.

Cause every meele dubass can tank bosses in fc after lvl90, then better to get second sin which makes the run 15min faster (and there are mass of them).

Sin isn't gonna save 15m on a 30m run.
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sorry everyone BUT if i had to start over it would be a mystic. as a veno it is a pain in the **** keepin 3 pets fed and leveled. i had a mystic to level 40 and soloed everything even fb 29, i couldn't have done that as a veno. i didn't try fb 39 cause it takes way too long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
    edited March 2011
    What kind of melee dmg are you talking about? None of melee pets can tank and do great dmg at the same time. And even with a scorpion its nothing compareable to BM/Archer with aps or Sin. A herc makes more dmg due reflect then with bash lvl5.
    I never said amp is useless. But Iroonwood makes 30% debuff. That can a cleric as well. so nothing special here. Mystic has just more use in squads then Veno, thats what i'm trying to say.
    You dont know me, you dont know how i play, yet you did offend me in your previous post, so yes i consider it as trolling.
    I never said that sins have great AOE i said as in a example that every melee can tank fc at high level. There is no use for Veno with Herc/Pet in squad mode nowadays, I never said anything about the topic Veno-Solo. Here is a thread of "feeling replaced" so i guess its about SQUAD mode.
    The only thing that Veno can highlight from others is amp.
    I saw mystic at heads. WAY faster channel. I cant use any Bow, i m pure build, so dont know about it. But here is a comparison of main skills.

Venomancer: Venomous Scarab
    Range 25.5 meters
    Mana 68.8
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0 seconds

Mystic:
    Range 26.5 meters
    Mana 132
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

That makes a mystic in overall 1/3 faster then a veno. Btw. Mystics AOE skill needs also only 1sec channel, while Venos 2,5seconds.
    thumbs wrote: »
    What exactly are you comparing as if there's something to compare? Do mystic pets get reflect, howl, etc? Do Mystics get ironwood, and amp? Can mystic do great melee dmg? The best you can do is speculate based on observances, but there is no straight line of comparison.

Do as you say.

Is sin better AoE? Archers aren't always popular either since they slow things down by breaking up mobs under AoE. A lot can do with who you're already with.

There's never been great demand for venos, and we don't really need it. We're capable of soloing most things.

Every class is better than another class at something including veno.

And for a while people thought they needed 2 clerics for C2D69, and now 2 for BH 3-3: we find out differently. You speak from an inadequate cleric's view when it comes to healing support, and an inadequate veno's when it comes to faster channeling at heads. Venos can hit 2 heads at a time using ranged pet and bow or melee / mag.

Sin isn't gonna save 15m on a 30m run.