To Enrage

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    yo HT, your juggernaut fac is really good and all, and I'ma let you finish praising it, but RT had the greatest power fac of all time, OF ALL TIME

(for 3 weeks before it dispersed that is)

b:avoid
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    yo HT, your juggernaut fac is really good and all, and I'ma let you finish praising it, but RT had the greatest power fac of all time, OF ALL TIME

No. Just no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011

shouldnt they own they map before they start claiming such things? and no, not really, rawgh is pro troll, the rest of the server is living in his shadow, sorry bout the ego.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Just a tid bit:

My R8 archer w/ a +6 bow, 2 perfects has just shy of 15k unbuffed patk:

Unbuffed Stats

Same archer w/ sage buff, just for example, has a little more than 16k attack:

Buffed Stats

Same archer, unbuffed, w/ +12 bow

+12 refine

Same archer, buffed, w/ +12 bow

Buffed +12 refine

So yea, I can see a +12 R8 archer breaching 21k patk unbuffed with attacks charms. I'm not even going to go into DoT's and different set bonuses. But here's some more numbers for you guys to play with.

And Ba;e, archers have to be turds because you give them all a bad name running around pantless.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Of course LoR, when using things like Band from Heavens Jail its possible (in fact you could grab some oht rings and push it higher still), it doesn't however offer the best example as very few archers would favour those rings over, say, lunar or rank rings.

Kiyoshi's statement that all those R8 +12 archers are running around with over 21k high end PAtk in their standard sets remains utter nonsense. Sure they could, but they don't (particularly as many overstat str to use fists/claws). Ironically, making set decisions like that to maximise high end output would actually favour the R9 bows relative damage. Still, as I'm intent on accuracy, and not proving some point, I'd rather stick with realistic choices.

The way the calculations were done, using a standard set then switching out the bows also means that if one went up, the other would go up too and the ratios would remain similar (or in many situations favour the R9). Could I have said 20.5k high end vs 17.5k high end (or even 18k vs 21k)? Probably. Would it have made any difference to the end result? It would have given the R9 a very slight boost, but overall very little difference.

@Kiyo: After reading your posts more, I'm starting to think that you just genuinely don't understand the maths in mine. If that is the case I apologise for calling you a troll and can happily explain it all for you in simpler terms :) Just pm me some time.
    I love drinking tea
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    How did this go from giving enrage the proper dues for tw to archers having a epeen contest?
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @Kiyo: After reading your posts more, I'm starting to think that you just genuinely don't understand the maths in mine. If that is the case I apologise for calling you a troll and can happily explain it all for you in simpler terms :) Just pm me some time.

Tell you what I'll do. I'll go home later and take a ss of my archer without buffs... and edit in to this post.

And then we can all decide if gti, hate, or I need to go to a magic class to calculate our damage for us. Or if that said magic class should put down his pen and paper... **** the math and actually play the game.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    You do that, then try asking those guys what their PAtk is. The damage you output is and only ever will be the output of a mathematical calculation that can be performed both inside and outside of the actual game, with the same results. The class you play won't ever affect the maths.
    I love drinking tea
  • DeathSwarm - Heavens Tear
    DeathSwarm - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You do that, then try asking those guys what their PAtk is. The damage you output is and only ever will be the output of a mathematical calculation that can be performed both inside and outside of the actual game, with the same results. The class you play won't ever affect the maths.

I have to say that you aren't bright if you think the calculators like pwcalc.ru/pwi are accurate. The results from those and ingame are a lot different. Do a test by making a duplicate image of your char on the calculator then compare the two. You claiming to know the stats on a char you don't have and don't have the items ingame is a moot point when arguing with someone who can swap weapons to see the live stats ingame. It's like arguing with a professional boxer about boxing.
    edited February 2011
    @ Saeidon: I am aware that a majority of archer favor the lunar and rank rings; however, upon switching out the rings, I have come to notice that I did more overall damage with 2 Bands than I did with a Band and rank ring, a rank ring and a CoA ring, and a CoA ring and the rank ring. I haven't tried it with a Lunar ring since I don't have one. Another thing reason I tend to use those two rings is because I have enough strength, with add-ons, to use my Lunar claws without having to take anything out of my dex. Yes, my base strength is at 104, where I think it should be (correct me if I'm wrong please).

@ducky: To be entirely honest, I'm not quite sure the turn to Albuquerque happened, it just kind of did.

@DeathSwarm: The numbers in the pwcalc links I provided are 100% accurate as far as the min - max attack is concerned. The rest of it I could give two shyts less about.

YAY, page 11!!!!
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Your sig is scary LoR.

b:chuckleb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011

There are two ways this arguement will end tonight... when i get home.

1. I'll be proclaimed the highest damaging archer on the server... heck the entire game. Consider your calculation of +12 r8 archers ends at 20k max damage... where my archer can go up to 21k+. If the same course of action holds true... once pwi release the expansion and nothing good comes out... my r9 will be +12. And when that happens... i forsee my max damage being 1.5-2k above other +12 r9 archers.

2. You are just out right wrong with all so called math and calculations.

@ Saeidon: I am aware that a majority of archer favor the lunar and rank rings; however, upon switching out the rings, I have come to notice that I did more overall damage with 2 Bands than I did with a Band and rank ring, a rank ring and a CoA ring, and a CoA ring and the rank ring. I haven't tried it with a Lunar ring since I don't have one. Another thing reason I tend to use those two rings is because I have enough strength, with add-ons, to use my Lunar claws without having to take anything out of my dex. Yes, my base strength is at 104, where I think it should be (correct me if I'm wrong please).

While its true that bands give the most patk. You are missing the accuracy side of the whole story. Accuracy argueably is the most useless stat in the game. But when it comes to pvp/tw... 50% increase in accuracy will be noticed.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Don't forget crit. Crit is damage :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    I have to say that you aren't bright if you think the calculators like pwcalc.ru/pwi are accurate. The results from those and ingame are a lot different. Do a test by making a duplicate image of your char on the calculator then compare the two. You claiming to know the stats on a char you don't have and don't have the items ingame is a moot point when arguing with someone who can swap weapons to see the live stats ingame. It's like arguing with a professional boxer about boxing.

Though it is true that the stats on PWcalc aren't precise, they are very close. I can't imagine them being far enough away from the actual value's to affect a set of results that were given as approximations. However Death, I have spoken to archers too, and I know full well that there are +12 R8 archers with a shade over 19k high end PAtk (I also know that with an R9 ring, ArcherDevil pushes over 21k)

I realised that I made one mistake in calculating damage however, I forgot to add in the PAtk increase from arrows.
    I love drinking tea
    edited February 2011
    Kiyoshi wrote:
    While its true that bands give the most patk. You are missing the accuracy side of the whole story. Accuracy argueably is the most useless stat in the game. But when it comes to pvp/tw... 50% increase in accuracy will be noticed.

The accuracy would require me having either a Lunar or R9 ring, which I don't. Now, I would probably use a Lunar ring if I had one and just switch out depending on situation; but I don't, so I will go to my corner and sulk for a bit now. So I didn't forget, I was just going with what I had.

And Aesy, I wasn't overlooking crit; I was focusing more so on overall damage rather than spike damage. b:kiss
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Though it is true that the stats on PWcalc aren't precise, they are very close. I can't imagine them being far enough away from the actual value's to affect a set of results that were given as approximations. However Death, I have spoken to archers too, and I know full well that there are +12 R8 archers with a shade over 19k high end PAtk (I also know that with an R9 ring, ArcherDevil pushes over 21k)

I realised that I made one mistake in calculating damage however, I forgot to add in the PAtk increase from arrows.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac114/gsxsilver/Untitled-2.jpg

Lets see... my r8 bow gives...

Normal Physical Attack: 16213-21569
    LVL 75 Barb Buffed P.Atk: 16926-22517

Can't find a end game barb for buffs... I'll be over 23k with level 10/sage/demon buffs. And since these calculations doesn't include p.atk charms... I could be well over (close) to 24k with charms included.

As a disclosure... i have three rings, r9, r8, and lunar... no band of heaven. Feel free to guess which ring set gives me that damage.

If I remember correctly... archerdevil has dots in his bow (hes the last r8 that i wasn't sure about). Since he is dots... and i am gems. You know he pushes over 21k... what make you think I won't break 21k? And gti with his drakeflames.

EDIT: There are always **** archers... and yet you expect them to be the norm. That just makes you look stupid... like now. You admit yourself that +12 r8 can break 21k... I just proved that I also break 21k.

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The accuracy would require me having either a Lunar or R9 ring, which I don't. Now, I would probably use a Lunar ring if I had one and just switch out depending on situation; but I don't, so I will go to my corner and sulk for a bit now. So I didn't forget, I was just going with what I had.

And Aesy, I wasn't overlooking crit; I was focusing more so on overall damage rather than spike damage. b:kiss

Crit makes quite an impact on overall damage, since the more times you attack, the more opportunities you have to proc the 3% crit. If you fire your bow once, the chances of you benefiting from 3% crit is not that big (who is to say you wouldn't have crit if you had 3 less %?) whereas if you 5-aps a world boss, it will actually even out to about +3% more damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac114/gsxsilver/Untitled-2.jpg

Lets see... my r8 bow gives...

Normal Physical Attack: 16213-21569
    LVL 75 Barb Buffed P.Atk: 16926-22517

Can't find a end game barb for buffs... I'll be over 23k with level 10/sage/demon buffs. And since these calculations doesn't include p.atk charms... I could be well over (close) to 24k with charms included.

As a disclosure... i have three rings, r9, r8, and lunar... no band of heaven. Feel free to guess which ring set gives me that damage.

If I remember correctly... archerdevil has dots in his bow (hes the last r8 that i wasn't sure about). Since he is dots... and i am gems. You know he pushes over 21k... what make you think I won't break 21k? And gti with his drakeflames.

EDIT: There are always **** archers... and yet you expect them to be the norm. That just makes you look stupid... like now. You admit yourself that +12 r8 can break 21k... I just proved that I also break 21k.

ArcherDevil used Drakeflames and is a pure dex build (lvl 60 mold fists ftw). I also didn't say you wouldnt break 21k, I said that not every R9 archer does and that using the highest possible damage is not representative of the whole (I was hoping you would post a set / some stats). I know that GTI in his R8 bow had a touch over 19k high end PAtk with around 470 dex (before I made any posts previously, I spoke to GTI about his stats, so that I could be sure the numbers I used were fair), are you claiming GTI is a **** archer because of that? I think you'll be on your own with that one Kiyo.
    I also remember that you stated that you lost 3k PAtk switching to the R9 bow, this was also in line with the numbers I produced, so whether the high end is 20 or 21k is neither here nor there, the ratio's remain very similar.

In my calc's previously, I assumed that the R8 bow user was using a lunar and a R8 ring, and the R9 user was using a R8 and R9 ring. Arguably this isn't fair as someone with +12 R9 would probably be buying the ring regardless of when / if they upgraded to the bow.

So, could I have used 21k instead of 20k high end damage for a reasonable test? Yes. But it is not necassarily the best choice just because it lines in more closely with Kiyoshi's stats, as it is further from other archers stats.
    Does it really matter anyway? For accuracy purposes, sure, its important to get things right. As far as the results go though, it will make almost no difference.
    I love drinking tea
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Crit makes quite an impact on overall damage, since the more times you attack, the more opportunities you have to proc the 3% crit. If you fire your bow once, the chances of you benefiting from 3% crit is not that big (who is to say you wouldn't have crit if you had 3 less %?) whereas if you 5-aps a world boss, it will actually even out to about +3% more damage.
    Nearer to +2 percent actually, since this example would be about adding 3 crit on top of... maybe 35-40 crit with claws/fists.
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Nearer to +2 percent actually, since this example would be about adding 3 crit on top of... maybe 35-40 crit with claws/fists.

i miss your pew pew-ness.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What's with archers and numbers? You stick arrows up peoples' asses, and it hurts. End of.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    ArcherDevil used Drakeflames and is a pure dex build (lvl 60 mold fists ftw). I also didn't say you wouldnt break 21k, I said that not every R9 archer does and that using the highest possible damage is not representative of the whole (I was hoping you would post a set / some stats). I know that GTI in his R8 bow had a touch over 19k high end PAtk with around 470 dex (before I made any posts previously, I spoke to GTI about his stats, so that I could be sure the numbers I used were fair), are you claiming GTI is a **** archer because of that? I think you'll be on your own with that one Kiyo.

Lets see... of the four +12 r8s archers... archerdevil, hate, gti, and me. archerdevil and me both break 21k. I know hate at least break 20k. and yet... gti... the guy who spends more then all the other three (possibily combined) bearly breaks 19k? even hate... the guy with twin imacs... and fist capable build... breaks 20k. but noooo... gti... the guy with twin drakeflames only break 19k. really?

i am pretty sure gti would be using love up and down... while hate is using pan gu. so essentially gti would have more stat points to play with. unless the guy went vit... its unrealistic for him to have less p.atk then hate. and yes... i'll come out and say it. gti... the guy who has better gears then the three of us... has more or less 2k less p.atk... thats a bit sad.

EDIT: I just put in my exact gear in to your so called pwi calculator. Missing almost 1k patk from what the game tells me. And yes... I modified the bow mastery. So unless you are telling me that the calculator is more accurate then what the game tell me... you got a whole lot of proving to do.

• Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Lets see... of the four +12 r8s archers... archerdevil, hate, gti, and me. archerdevil and me both break 21k. I know hate at least break 20k. and yet... gti... the guy who spends more then all the other three (possibily combined) bearly breaks 19k? even hate... the guy with twin imacs... and fist capable build... breaks 20k. but noooo... gti... the guy with twin drakeflames only break 19k. really?

i am pretty sure gti would be using love up and down... while hate is using pan gu. so essentially gti would have more stat points to play with. unless the guy went vit... its unrealistic for him to have less p.atk then hate. and yes... i'll come out and say it. gti... the guy who has better gears then the three of us... has more or less 2k less p.atk... thats a bit sad.

LOL GTI is easily 3 times the archer that you could dream about. and that would even seem like a slight against GTI b:sad

and AD had drakeflames in his R8 bow just months before R9 came out...and Im almost confident since then his R9 has drakeflame in it too...

and BTW...archers are obsessed with numbers ofc...just like most archers can tell you the avg amount of arrows they use in TW without looking, its just the nature of the beast b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    LOL GTI is easily 3 times the archer that you could dream about. and that would even seem like a slight against GTI b:sad

and AD had drakeflames in his R8 bow just months before R9 came out...and Im almost confident since then his R9 has drakeflame in it too...

and BTW...archers are obsessed with numbers ofc...just like most archers can tell you the avg amount of arrows they use in TW without looking, its just the nature of the beast b:cute

I don't disagree that hes a better archer then me. What i am hearing is that I was doing 2.5k more damage (before r9 sale) then him. Kinda unrealistic if you ask me.

I think i made it more then apprent that I don't really care about my armor.... considering it really lags behind my weapon. But I always will have the best weapon... if I still play. So when a d.orb sales come out after the expansion. And if the game still "holds" my attention. I could potentially be walking around with 3k more base damage then gti (if you scale up the 2.5k from our r8s)... and 3% more then archerdeveil (sage/demon difference). 3k damage difference is a bit less then 15% difference. Do you honestly believe that I'll be doing 15% more damage then gti? And archerdevil will be doing 12% more damage then him?

I don't know about you... but that doesn't sound right to me. And hence my doubt that gti actually only breaks 19k.

edited February 2011
    ATM, all of my gear is vit/str based so I could use deicides inside Nirvana without having to pull anything out of my dex. Unfortunately, since I didn't go the dex/crit route, my overall crit percentage is 31%. But, hey, I am willing to take any sort of suggestions, advice, whatever to increase my damage output.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    why even bother with old information, turning this into some long disertation...if your +12 on your R9 then that should be the topic of discussion...

either way, has been a fairly entertaining read...please continue b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Bluemane - Heavens Tear
    Bluemane - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Getting back on thread. ... Hats off to Enrage for holding the map so well...hopefully with the rest we will see some new colours on the map and some good battles. I only TW'd once and it was a 3 hour battle and really good fun. Its a pity there are not times more available for UK Europe players,,but as they have said in the past it may be International but its on USA Servers and i must admit the players on Heaven Tear server have been awsom. Good luck to all (Dominus, Golddigz, Rad etc) and Enrage for the future tw battles to come.

Blue
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    I don't disagree that hes a better archer then me. What i am hearing is that I was doing 2.5k more damage (before r9 sale) then him. Kinda unrealistic if you ask me.

I think i made it more then apprent that I don't really care about my armor.... considering it really lags behind my weapon. But I always will have the best weapon... if I still play. So when a d.orb sales come out after the expansion. And if the game still "holds" my attention. I could potentially be walking around with 3k more base damage then gti (if you scale up the 2.5k from our r8s)... and 3% more then archerdeveil (sage/demon difference). 3k damage difference is a bit less then 15% difference. Do you honestly believe that I'll be doing 15% more damage then gti? And archerdevil will be doing 12% more damage then him?

I don't know about you... but that doesn't sound right to me. And hence my doubt that gti actually only breaks 19k.

Well I guess its understandable for you to struggle to believe that. However until shown otherwise, I'll believe GTI's word about his damage ahead of your opinions of what you think his damage might be.

All this aside, it doesn't take away from the original points that were made. Lets face it, all these discussions over max damage are merely a digression from a simplified calculation that never intended to show anything about ACTUAL max possible damage, but RELATIVE max damage.

Other equally relevant responses to my calculation would have been things such as:
    What if the archers did shard their armour with DoT's?
    What about when using skills instead of normal attack?
    What about when buffed with Strength of Titans / Frostblade too?
    Not saying getting the max damages right isn't relevant, it is of course, but its importance is being overemphasized by all these posts.
    I love drinking tea
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What the **** are you on about?
    Kiyoshi just posted a screenshot of what his damage is and you're still arguing like a moron.
    You do also realize that GTI is more strength build than Kiyoshi is right? So of course his base damage will be lower than Kiyo's (unless the drakeflames surpass the extra 50 dex Kiyo has.)

Seriously..stop posting, lol.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    What the **** are you on about?
    Kiyoshi just posted a screenshot of what his damage is and you're still arguing like a moron.
    You do also realize that GTI is more strength build than Kiyoshi is right? So of course his base damage will be lower than Kiyo's (unless the drakeflames surpass the extra 50 dex Kiyo has.)

Seriously..stop posting, lol.

Yes, I realise all that, I also realise that Kiyoshi is sage (something you have forgotten?). In fact all you have done is rehashed points that others have said in previous posts, and acted as if they are your own.

I guess this wouldn't be the first time you claimed something that wasn't yours... would it?
    I love drinking tea