Silvy's Signature Shack

Comments

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've started making my own sigs....my best one is my current one, the pic on the left of the toon is me, I used instantmask pro to do that, screenshotted him in that in-game, used instant mask pro to remove the background, then took a screenshot of my with my wings on facing away from the screen at the end of a spark and the editing was in picasa xD
    4snuw2.jpg this is a bigger version
    I had to squish it down a bit so it would fit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • incarnazeus
    incarnazeus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm... I do not know that program nor can I say that it's worth something. I assume quality-wise it renders not badly... but still, the only good thing is rendering by hand :P

I'm not sure whether you'd like me to comment on your attempt and give you some advice... or if you put this here just because b:chuckle

As a side note, the screenshot itself looks nice for sure, the signature version is low quality and looks sort of warped... which makes me wonder: did you crop it by hand instead of using the scaling functions?
    And if you don't use full body renders you've to keep the parts that are cut off (like the legs) close to the edge of the background... otherwise it looks odd. :P

If I can help you out somehow, feel free to drop by. Other than that, keep practising n_n
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks ForsakenX for the Signature!
  • Nefertita - Archosaur
    Nefertita - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tryed to make it by my self :) but maybe u will do the better work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nefertita - Archosaur
    Nefertita - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    idk why but it look small ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like his signatures, too.

But alas... I wasn't aware that I'm sharing this shack with Wolf... or that he took my place... how ironic.

And the reason your signature is that small is that it obviously got resized by the forum. Max. size is 500x100.
    Anyone else noticed the wolf wearing a collar?

Anyway... don't mind me. *opens door to tumbleweed closet; enters; shuts door gently behind her*
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    -pokes Silvy- got any time to make me a banner? I got myself a new drawing 8D... If not, then I will be counting down the 12 days >:D 13 days till mai bdayy woohoo~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can someone tell me what they think of my current sig? I'm not very good at making backgrounds/cross fading them so touching them up (light filling and such) is the best I can do then adding text and such =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Enviouz - Lost City
    Enviouz - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sigs are really nice btw!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    In case that was directed at me, thanks. :P

@Miko
    At the moment it's raaaaaaaather inconvenient. Should I be still 'alive' after the next week, I'll gladly pick up your request aside from reopening the shack (after finishing another request). And when is your B-Day? I'm too lazy to think around three corners to figure out the day while converting time zones, lol.

@Tide_Surfer
    I can. But not now, perhaps later this day, gonna edit my post then.

To my morphology & Japanese homework! *cloaks in cape and vanishes*
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    -counting down- 11 days >:DD mai bday is on the 12th xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Ah, okay :D
    Noted :P
    That makes you the only person I know of that has their B-Day in Feb'. b:chuckle

So, you asked for feedback - you'll get feedback.

image.php?u=35703394001&type=sigpic&dateline=1359591790

First of: Better get acquainted with Gimp or PS (you gotta sail a bit if you want it for free :P).
    I never used Picasa, but I think it's features are quite limited.

Picture-wise: Did you crop it manually again? It looks sort of warped.
    The filter you used on the screenshot itself is kinda nice though.
    Perhaps using a bigger version of the screenie would be better (so one can see more of your toon), trying to fit in whole persons/wings often end up in making the image too small; which is why it's better to focus on presenting single details (like the face only for example). For this signature you could leave out the passage and just focus on the toon.

Writing:
    It's quite a mess as it is now, isn't it? Everything seems to be sort of equal, it lacks focus and emphasis. My advice: Names should always be bigger than server names. And if you put the server name in, put it close to the username. 'Server' can be left out.
    Make the name a little more fancy by adding effects and/or borders (once you learned how to do that).

Quote:
    It's vital that the quote is written in a clear, readable font. Though it's optional, as I personally make it so that people have to put a little more effort in deciphering the quote.
    The font face of the quote should be similar to and/or match the font of the username (generally the word/phrase with the most emphasis).
    In this case... don't use a curly font. There's basically no in-depth relation to the quote itself, plus it's freaking hard to read.
    Aside from the fact that the quote has even less to do with the actual signature somehow (hot - cold ambiguity by adding a red-blue emphasis (not only via a filter please) to the image would aid that). I'd personally add three more dots in front of the second part of the quote and decapitalise the 'H', but that's up to you.
    If you want to go by symmetry, move the first part of the quote closer to the edge (down and left) and the second part only down.

Hope that helps a bit. If you've further questions, just ask.

EDIT:
    I forgot: Save signatures as .png to conserve quality. n_n

Also links:

Free fonts:
    http://www.dafont.com/
    http://www.1001freefonts.com/
    And thousands of pages more on Google.

How to Render an Image (in Gimp)

Glowing Text

GIMP
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Happy 2 year Anniversary b:cute Okay so I jumped the gun a day but I might be going on a trip tomorrow so you'll have to settle for an early greeting. b:pleased

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Oh right! Thanks, Venus :D

Happy Birthday, Shack :>
    *gets tumbleweed out of the closet*

I actually wanted to do something more anni-celebration-y this year, but had no time (plus I'd have been too lazy for that anyway!).

All I can offer is a little outlook on the changes & updates that'll prolly make it over the next few weeks...

- more recent signature collage (plus a new banner)
    - new structuring of the introduction post (to make it easier to quick-perceive)
    - possibly a new request option
    - updating the raw list
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    -brings a cake- TIME TO BLOW THE CANDLES SHACK!

Yush yush happy bday to Silvy's siggy shack~ I can't wait to see the new shack update~ b:thanks

And and see? now there are 2 bdays in Feb 8DD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Ahh, but that one doesn't count. :P

Anyway, the shack's open to business once again!

silvy_s_signature_shack__open_button_by_shinigami_jay-d5ukf9o.png

To kick it off again... how about some statistics? Everybody loves statistics.
    I do at least... tiger-2.gif

Did you know...

- that the shack currently ranks #2 in the category 'Most Replies' with 1727 replies so far in the Fanatic's Section?
    - that it ranks #4 in the category 'Most Views' with about 86k+ views currently?
    The leading thread will always be the 'Post Pictures of Yourself' thread though (~694k views). It'd be good to keep in mind that those views aren't solely coming from the community - who knows who's looking at your pictures. :)
    - that about half of the posts in this thread are mostly mine? Try it. Think of random numbers between 1 and 1727 and check who has that post number (666th & 1337th weren't my posts that much I can tell right away). :P
    - that the most people coming here to show their signatures are most likely never to respond to any of the feedback I gave? For whatever reasons...
    - that there are about 333 signatures (and their respective alternate versions) in my Signature folder?
    - that my Render folder holds about 1.134 files? That makes about ~300 renders so far (since every render has up to 3 resized and edited versions)
    - that there are about 500+ Work-In-Progress files altogether?
    - that my personal signature folder holds 101 signatures (including different versions and signatures made by others)?
    - that Shattered is currently holding the position of 'Sig-a-holic' / 'Alt-a-holic' all-times with 15 signature requests so far?
    - that the most signatures featuring a moon were for Moon_Hammer?
    - that I did the most odd-jobs for NinnaXXX?
    - that my very first requester was Edyn?
    - that I created my very first signatures (three) for Kritty's signature contest?
    - that I only made a handful of signatures that feature green? It's not a mainstream colour.
    - that the favourite colours of the requesters here are purple and red? Followed by blue.
    - that I only have created one real paint signature so far?
    - that the only ever character with a real mohawk I worked with is Briar's mystic?
    - that I rarely get to create any totally sick signatures?
    - that a good part of signatures I create are couple signatures?
    - that the best screenshots all-time I was provided with were Shizu's and Rina's? Overall character-plus-background-wise (character-render-wise I get really high quality ones from other people as well most of the time)
    - that the persons with whose artwork I worked were Kyna, Miko and Lucya?
    - that there are still signatures I made being used that are really old (and thus pretty much low-quality)? Seriously, burn them!
    - that I've about 256 font faces (including Windows standard fonts)
    - that I've about 200 brush types?
    - that the most requests are predominantly by females? Signature- and art-wise.

Can't think of anything more at the moment, lol. Hope you'll find this as amusing as I do. :P
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    RukinaChan - Archosaur Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anni \o/ Statics \o/
    Happy late-anni! C:
    I always wondered about how many files you can have in your folders. b:laugh This was interesting to read. And like what do you mean by odd jobs? o:
    - that the best screenshots all-time I was provided with were Shizu's and Rina's? Overall character-plus-background-wise (character-render-wise I get really high quality ones from other people as well most of the time)
    Really? o:
    Overall, you've done amazing works Silvy in the time :3
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40071431003&dateline=1423248837[/SIGPIC]
    위너 ★ 빅뱅 ★ 투애니원 ★ 이하이 ★ 샤이니 ★ 비에이피 ★ 엑소 ★ 비스트 ★ 빅스 ★ 에프엑스 ★ 소녀시대 ★ 갓세븐
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Ahh, but that one doesn't count. :P

Anyway, the shack's open to business once again!

silvy_s_signature_shack__open_button_by_shinigami_jay-d5ukf9o.png

Welcome back! ^^ (updates status on signature list)

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Woot Weclome back Silvy! b:dirty
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome Back Silvy,

Now i'd like to request yet another sig xD
    perhaps a raw?

Maybe Heartwarming Chaosb:question
    Name: FieryBlade
    Quote: Like A Pro
    Font: Maybe neuropol like in my current sig but if it doesnt fit in than any :D

heres some screenshots

2013-02-0814-07-33_zpsab125890.png

2013-02-0814-08-13_zps8e183eb5.png
    ↑For this one i was hoping if you could get the genie :D

Thanks again,

(walks back to a land i call perfect world)
    Speaking bout that, havent you guys noticed that there is war in perfect world???
    ~Fiery
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Anni \o/ Statics \o/
    Happy late-anni! C:
    I always wondered about how many files you can have in your folders. b:laugh This was interesting to read. And like what do you mean by odd jobs? o:

Really? o:
    Overall, you've done amazing works Silvy in the time :3

Ty, ty! Odd-jobs as in the diversity of jobs overall - like faction banners, couple of signatures, web site icons etc. ^^

@Venus
    Thanks, Venus! You deserve the title 'Fanatic's Sentinel' >:)

@Briar
    Thank you, Briar :>

@Fiery
    Sure thing, on it as soon as I'm done with my current request. ^^
    Not sure about using a raw though, I haven't sorted them in ages... and they all pretty much look **** to me anyway, lol. Gotta work on that request option sometimes.
  • Shizunne - Heavens Tear
    Shizunne - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    u'waaah Silvy is back! *-* Welcome back! I hope you had a nice vacation from pwi x3
    oh and happy very-late anni! *hugs thread together with Silvy*

oh o.o there is some interesting text here o.o

*reads statistics*

hmmm.. yes yes Silvy's thread is very popular...hmmm..she has lots and lots of sigs Dx .. I wonder if I had rendered so many ss I wonder if I would be that good at rendering as she is...probably not x.x .... odd-jobs.. when I have read that for the first time... the things you mentioned about odd-jobs in your reply were definitely not the things I thought about e.e *facedesks* hmmm rarely gets to create sick signatures.. I think I could help with that one soon... *smirk* ..and woohoo for best screenshots provided! xD I didn't expect that, honestly o.o *high5 with Rin Rin*... hmmm.... purple,red & blue.. *looks around at siggs everywhere* o.o it is true x.x

Ohkey I won't write and essay now x.x but it was definitely enjoyed reading it :3
    Looking forward to your siggies and other art-work in future :3

Shizu awaaaaaayyy *derp face*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Thank you very much for amazing siggy, Silvy!~
    I'm an angel! Honestly!
    These horns are just there to keep the halo up straight.. (っ◠‿◠)っ ♥
    (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ ♥ I luv Kossie
    There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva. ♬♪♫ ヾ(*◕‿◕)ノ ♬♪♫
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Shizu! n_n
    hmmm rarely gets to create sick signatures.. I think I could help with that one soon... *smirk*

tiger-40.gif
    Do it! Or give me some more of your neat screenshots to work with ;..;

Working on Fiery's signature atm.

Quick question: Should I put a Waiting/Pending List on the front page? I personally don't really need it as I can perfectly keep track of everything in here, but as it can get quite chaotic in here, it could be of advantage to the people requesting. Up to you, fellows. *shrugs*
    edited February 2013
    ohohohoho no problemo! *sneakly laughs*

Maybe you are interested in working with 200mb screenshot? :o um? Noes, I am joking wiht this one xD but,really, I have that kind of screenie, just for the record xD

If you have an idea for a screenie..Wait... There should be like a challenge thread o.o Like, one thinks of an object or I dunno, something, and takes screenie of it... But it wouldn't last long since.. there aren't many people who are active with ss's (apart from the SS crew we have in sub-forum.. These people - RAWK!) ohkey back to the topic xD

I would be so happy to drop a screenie for you to edit! *-* Because I know that I can expect something = u'waaaah! (note: HALP .. I think I am going to die while editing screenies for the story Q.Q I only have 18 ready e.e There is no excuse for my lazyness .____.)

Quick answer:

I think it is a good idea since it would give people, like a short notice what requests you currently have and I think it would be easier for you to keep track of siggies you make..butt I think you already keeping a good track x3
    Oh yeah, just thought of this, I think go for it, it will be easier for people to keep track of their work xD Like, when they can expect the siggy to be made :3

So my vote - Yes :3 there will be more work for Silvy that way *hurr hurr hurr*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm an angel! Honestly!
    There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva. ♬♪♫ ヾ(*◕‿◕)ノ ♬♪♫
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    200mb? tiger-31.gif
    The largest screenshots I have are like 34mb big o_o
    I'm not even sure if my pc could handle your shot o.O
    How did you manage that anyway?

Your idea sounds like a funny game, and I think there'd be loads of participants ;o
    Don't forget - the screenshot-taking playerbase is way bigger than the signature maker base (and to a degree the artists base, too). At least nowadays. It's worth a try as long as you don't post it here where it would drown, lol.

I'd be really honoured if you'd let me edit one of your awesome screenies >:D
    You should really consider making them into wallpapers n_n

And alright, thanks for the input! Will add a waiting list in a bit :D

@Fiery:
    I couldn't resist playing around with your request... that totally fu.cked up expression of your seeker really got to me, haha.

fierylikeapro.png

I'll keep working on the real thing though, should be finished by tomorrow. =)

Side note: I hope no one reads the writing as 'Fiery like a pro blade' ._.
    edited February 2013
    Well..actually I did it by accident x.x *walks to the corner of shame* I figured out what zoom option does only in the beggining of this month *insert poker face meme* So.. I set the zoom option to 8x...aaand yeaaahhh... 10k x 6k dimension picture poped out .. At first when I clicked take a ss button my computer freezed and I was like : Dear... What have you done now? -.-' After 10 sec everything went back to normal, I felt very relieved lols xD then I went to ss folder and was like whoa o.o IT HAS SOME QUALITY! Dx I was happy knowing that maybe it would improve my ss quality BUT sadly, no matter how big pic you will upload, pwi forum will reduce its quality lets say~ from 8mb to 500kb e.e even if you save as png.... which is supposed to be losless information.... q.q.. so .if you upload with jpg...you quality drops even more... But I might be wrong about this x.x hmm but I am thinking that it is a matter of dimensions that causes the loss of information..since the forum compressess the image to fit the brackets.. BUT I MIGHT BE WRONG since I dun have much clues about techy stuff goin on here x.x

OKAY, sorry for writing too much again, I fail at saying the whole meaning in few words xD So.. about ss..here is a folder o.o it contains more that 1 ss xD they are very similar tbh, I couldn't pick which is better u.u so... it is not a request, these are just ss to kill your time :x but I would like to request one to be made into wallpaper if possible x.x it will be the one with mystic ;D you will notice it xD aaand about others... Well.... you can either keep em or delete em and once again, thanks for accepting if you will accept and the honor will be mine to have a wallpaper made by Silvy *-* and nuh mah screenies ain't so great..still lots of lots of improvement to do x.x (woohoo today I discovered how to use blur in human ways!)

About that game.. Well I will think about it because well.. Someone will have to ''host'' it, to give people ideas and asignments and other fun stuff to do.. and atm I busy busy with my project e.e sssooo.... It would be hard to keep em both up x.x

About the siggy... Well look at that sexy look he has now xD *chuckles* and definitely I haven't read the sign in that way.. Nu'uh.. but then I would be lying... ANYWAYS I really like the font-title-or-something-D: you used for his name o.o that looks pro o.o matches the words in some sort of ways o.o

I am sorry for writing this much
    th_084_.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm an angel! Honestly!
  • SolaraKrin - Archosaur
    SolaraKrin - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello Silvy i was looking for a siggy and i was pointed to you i have read your options and i also have some pics to help out.

I was looking for somthing graceful for a Cleric that has the name SolaraKrin on it some where too.

from your Raw list the Soothing winter breeze sound like it would work perfectly. i have no options on font or colors i will let you choose those im not picky i love your work that i have seen so far

2013-02-1302-42-27_zpsebdf7115.png
    2013-02-1302-42-14_zps4c357943.png
    Archosaur

SolaraKrin - Cleric - 5xb:pleased
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    @SolaraKrin
    Hey there! I'll gladly make you a signature, but could you perhaps hand me some close-up shots of your character, too, please? One face-shot (showing at least 1/3 of the shoulders 'sides head and neck), perhaps another waist-up shot as well. I'll start rendering the two screenies you gave me in a bit n_n
    You'll get a freshly made background, don't worry =D

And I've got it - gonna take the raw list down for maintenance xD
    None of the file names matches the names on the list tiger-18.gif
    Pretty sure there are still some on the list I already used up, too *suspicious glance*

@Shizu
    You call this a wall? That's nothing! :P

Huge folder awaiting, huh. xD
    I'll take a glimpse at it right away. >:)

About the game... I think it should be hosted by someone of your screenshot crew and/or someone with time... I could help out with banners and such stuff, but hosting it is a little above my head. 'specially since I've no hand for taking awesome screenshots... not to mention I wouldn't know of places in PWI to take shots anymore. But it'd be cool if it weren't restricted to screenies from PWI only ;...;

8x zoom? Dafuq. The highest I went (and even that froze my computer for a while) was 4x o_o
    I think aside from the board resizing and thus decreasing the capacity of the image, the image hosting sites resize it as well (I know imageshack likes to do this if I don't check the box that says 'Upload original size')

I'll see about that 'wallpaper' if you can call it that xD
    I pretty much suck at making these... I usually only polish up screenshots and smack the PWI logo on them, lol.

*goes to work on Fiery's signature*

EDIT:
    Hell... damn awesome screenies, Shizu *_*
    Even though the 194mb ones take a few seconds to load, lol. First step I take: Resizing them!

2nd EDIT:

And finished!
    fierybladefinished.png
    Anything to change/add/redo, shout!
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And finished!
    fierybladefinished.png
    Anything to change/add/redo, shout!

Amazing! I love the font you chose for my name xDb:chuckle
    Hmm was this one the raw or did u just make it?

- that I only made a handful of signatures that feature green? It's not a mainstream colour.

Pff... green is just too pro j/k
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    WELCOME BACK SILVY~

I been waitingggg so longggggggggggggggggggggggggg lmao. So glad you are back in business <3 So, must request before it get crowed hahahaha~

Writing: Miko's Magic Box
    Images preferred: 23tsidk.pngw.o border
    Theme: cute and magical
    Colours: pastel pink and white
    Additional: so like I want a new banner for my thread, the size, is up to you c: you don't have to use the whole drawing, can cut it off anywhere you like.

Thanks in advance <3 b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]