Claw barb guide

Comments

• Appleyard - Heavens Tear
    Appleyard - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Strenght also makes you hit harder. I'm aiming for 415 str points after going pure str build, which will increase my physical attack for 700-800 buffed.
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ...whats up...
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm no pro, i just play for fun, (don't even know what R9 means) but the build for your claw barb has 300 str while the highest req. for any gear is str of 252. Why put the other 48 points into str when you can put them into vit? Did I miss something?

you need 300 str for R8 and R9 weapons
    edited April 2011
    but u don't need all 300points on str... u can put less points on str and fill with gear ads, an example: 270 on str and more a str tome and a lunar cape = can give you the 300points needed... and u save 30points to put on vit
  • Player_two - Harshlands
    Player_two - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    als, for those of you who dont know, jsut cuz i support barb, there is a way for demon barbs to 5aps wiht ful recast gear as well as sage barbs to be 5aps, not full recast though. requires using either ha 99 orns for demon or LA 99 orns for sage
    b:shocked oh noes was walking and forgot to breath
    edited April 2011
    btw a sage barb can be 5aps too...

lunar claws(deicide) / TT100 fist / Nirvana claws = -0.10
    2 parts of HA armor = -0.05
    99 HA wrists = -0.10
    2 parts of LA armor = -0.05
    lunar cape (energetic robe - lunar glade) = -0.05
    nirvana legs 2cast = -0.05
    -int tome (love up and down or pan gu creator) = -0.05

with that gears your barb will be 4aps base(not sparked), so how they can be 5aps??
    Easily! has a genie skill called wind shield (increase atk rate for few seconds, reduce damage taken)

so here is, a sage barb 5aps!

remember: wind shield don't stack with demon spark... so wind shield is better for sage barbs who want to go dps build and tank with sagespark damage reduction...
    edited April 2011
    you could alo get double recast claws/fists with double interval but....GL WITH THAT!!b:chuckle
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    btw a sage barb can be 5aps too...

lunar claws(deicide) / TT100 fist / Nirvana claws = -0.10
    2 parts of HA armor = -0.05
    99 HA wrists = -0.10
    2 parts of LA armor = -0.05
    lunar cape (energetic robe - lunar glade) = -0.05
    nirvana legs 2cast = -0.05
    -int tome (love up and down or pan gu creator) = -0.05

with that gears your barb will be 4aps base(not sparked), so how they can be 5aps??
    Easily! has a genie skill called wind shield (increase atk rate for few seconds, reduce damage taken)

so here is, a sage barb 5aps!

remember: wind shield don't stack with demon spark... so wind shield is better for sage barbs who want to go dps build and tank with sagespark damage reduction...
    Actually the sage spark damage reduction isn't noteworthy since wind shield will override the bless effect.

But yea, you can go sage 5 aps barb, but imo it seems like a waste. I personally believe that sage is only good for cata pulling.

The constant wind shield spamming will drain your genies energy, which you will need for things like earthquake, ToP, and Domain, and getting a -interval tome isn't cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited April 2011
    Actually the sage spark damage reduction isn't noteworthy since wind shield will override the bless effect.

But yea, you can go sage 5 aps barb, but imo it seems like a waste. I personally believe that sage is only good for cata pulling.

The constant wind shield spamming will drain your genies energy, which you will need for things like earthquake, ToP, and Domain, and getting a -interval tome isn't cheap.

Some of chose sage to be cata barbs. In this current world of aps for some its the only choice in order to be effective in PVE as well. so dont down on it. I myself already had 95 % of my sage skills and high hp b4 anyone ever figured out aps, or b4 the sage/demon conversion came out. so being as its too late and im not rolling antoher damn barb sage 5aps is only way. Or do waht i did and make a bm and account stash gear, i got 5aps in like a 3 months no cash shopping.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Converting to demon is pretty cheap when you think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited April 2011
    if we're talking about money is better don't go dps build... cause even demon is expensive!b:shocked and few sage friends asked me if has a way to go 5aps sage... so i explained on the last post. we know the dmg reduction on wind shield cancel the dmg reduction of spark... but you'll not use wind shield on TW right?b:laughlol so... if we're not talking about money, yes, a sage barb can be 5aps and still being a hard wall!
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    I've been running a lot of 3-3s the past few days and my squad loves having a 5.0 claw barb. I think every squad should have at least one. I can:

Devour before the boss. I run up, triple spark, devour, switch to normal form, cancel onslaught, pew pew with claws.

Bosses that purge I can keep HP buff and SoT. For a lot of people HP buff is the difference between dying and living.

If fit hits the shan I'm able to roar + flesh ream and invoke which gives the cleric time to res.

If we glitch illusion lord I'm able to just anti stun and invoke, and pull him without any risk.

And all this while having very good DPS with my Windpour - Nirvana claws at 5.0 aps.

if we're talking about money is better don't go dps build... cause even demon is expensive!

Expensive? Yes, but it pays off, big time. It's an investment sure, but I'm able to farm coins so much faster than before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    if we're talking about money is better don't go dps build... cause even demon is expensive!b:shocked and few sage friends asked me if has a way to go 5aps sage... so i explained on the last post. we know the dmg reduction on wind shield cancel the dmg reduction of spark... but you'll not use wind shield on TW right?b:laughlol so... if we're not talking about money, yes, a sage barb can be 5aps and still being a hard wall!

nope, you wouldnt be as hard as a wall unless you glitch.

Phy Defence bonus only applies if you are in tiger form, as well as additional hp.

The reason why sage is consider more expensive is due to the fact that
    after you get nivarna leggings and SoT you are only a miserable 4 aps unsparked

Demon get the same unsparked but @ 3.33 with spark they reach 5aps.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Grassis - Lost City
    Grassis - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hey. I'm thinking of restating and get this:
    http://pwcalc.com/e547fd8fc5845cac
    Is it worth it or should i w8 until i can get nirvana legs and/or LA ornaments?
    I'll refine and shard the claws obviously, but is it a good time or should i wait?

Edit: Is it worth going Ashuras boots + LA Belt to keep the +5% from sky demons instead of both LA ornaments?
    edited May 2011
    I'll refine and shard the claws obviously, but is it a good time or should i wait?

Edit: Is it worth going Ashuras boots + LA Belt to keep the +5% from sky demons instead of both LA ornaments?

with your build you're good to start on aps world already... 3.33 (sparked)
    i started with 2.86 and 1 day after i reset i got 5.0 cO... 3.33 is a good way to start, but remember: you'll lose a lot of hp

about get LA boots, i think isn't a good idea. HA boots give you 963 phys def, LA give you only 413phys def, HA refines give like 25% more hp than LA.
    can be a good idea if u get cube necklace (mag or phys) since cube neck gives u more hp and def... now you decide =)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    with your build you're good to start on aps world already... 3.33 (sparked)
    i started with 2.86 and 1 day after i reset i got 5.0 cO... 3.33 is a good way to start, but remember: you'll lose a lot of hp

about get LA boots, i think isn't a good idea. HA boots give you 963 phys def, LA give you only 413phys def, HA refines give like 25% more hp than LA.
    can be a good idea if u get cube necklace (mag or phys) since cube neck gives u more hp and def... now you decide =)

Best option is two have both sets, but that (of course) costs twice as much. I went LA boots and wrists because I used my BMs gear and I really enjoy the added magic defense, but I have to keep my rings refined higher than most barbs because they refine for physical defense. This way I have higher mag defense, phys defense, and more aps.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011

Shouldn't even be using sky demon's pearl in the first place. Just get a swindler's necklace if you can't afford a cube or lunar gold neck. You'll only be using claws in PvE anyways, and you shouldn't be taking too much magic damage in PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grassis - Lost City
    Grassis - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Okay, I won't be able to afford a cube neck atm. But is the hp and aps good enough for restat? Don't wanna stand there and be kinda useless ^^
  • Regeston - Heavens Tear
    Regeston - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Unbuffed http://pwcalc.com/ba6d666654e4141b

Buffed http://pwcalc.com/49fdf6c8082622e9

Here's an example of when you dont have coins to refine your gear much enough at the beginning.

Unbuffed http://pwcalc.com/cffc1c953b01b378

Buffed http://pwcalc.com/94e7fc89cfbbfddc
    edited May 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/0a088dd88c211d59
    my current build so far
    b:cry all TT99 got 2 sockets but only 2600 socket stones to get them to 4 soc each (when i'll get enough money I'll at least get them to 3 sockets).
    I like it better these build then with TT99 light ornaments now Nirvana here i come b:laugh.
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    just switched to claws 1 week ago today. only thing that annoys me is my low hp but, will farm my refines up as it takes time. other than that, i love my claws.

unbuffed: http://pwcalc.com/7b67b096e8cd7b4c

demon buffed: http://pwcalc.com/9d5c7d8610df20ad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Watain - Raging Tide
    Watain - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Huh.

Although I was never too fond of going Clawbarian, I've gotten denied by too many squads lately to further ignore it. Apart from that, I just wanna try it for the lolz.

So I've played around with the calc, and ended up with:

http://pwcalc.com/ae50e4fc2491cbe2

The wrists and boots I have yet to get, the stats are based upon my (terribad) luck with sockets and mirages only for the refines. When I looked at the HP I was kind of shocked, because I somehow remembered having heard that one needed at least 12k in Human to be effective. Now, is that true, or did my memory fail me?
    I mean, I would still be able to have 15.8k in Tiger with Rank 8 in order to tank stuff like Delta...

Long story short, whats the minimum HP you should have with claws equipped in order to be a good Clawbarian?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Huh.

Although I was never too fond of going Clawbarian, I've gotten denied by too many squads lately to further ignore it. Apart from that, I just wanna try it for the lolz.

So I've played around with the calc, and ended up with:

http://pwcalc.com/ae50e4fc2491cbe2

The wrists and boots I have yet to get, the stats are based upon my (terribad) luck with sockets and mirages only for the refines. When I looked at the HP I was kind of shocked, because I somehow remembered having heard that one needed at least 12k in Human to be effective. Now, is that true, or did my memory fail me?
    I mean, I would still be able to have 15.8k in Tiger with Rank 8 in order to tank stuff like Delta...

Long story short, whats the minimum HP you should have with claws equipped in order to be a good Clawbarian?

11k should be ok as long as you have plat charm attached. just got to learn to Absolute domain when needed.
    Going for
    While waiting
  • Watain - Raging Tide
    Watain - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    11k should be ok as long as you have plat charm attached. just got to learn to Absolute domain when needed.

Alrighty. I guess a Plat charm won't be a big deal once I can actually get into some squads. Thx for the reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Both the person who told you that you need 12k in human, and that 11k charmed is enough, are wrong.

You should be able to tank nirvana no problem, all TTs up to 3-2 charmless, 3-3 might be a bit of a problem, but then again it's a pain to everyone that runs it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Both the person who told you that you need 12k in human, and that 11k charmed is enough, are wrong.

You should be able to tank nirvana no problem, all TTs up to 3-2 charmless, 3-3 might be a bit of a problem, but then again it's a pain to everyone that runs it.

i nv say you cant tank without a charm just that with a charm it is safer. probably wouldnt need 1 if you have a cleric/bloodpaint

your TT3-2 charmless is squad mode ?
    Going for
    While waiting
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    I do TT3-2 squad mode charmless with just myself and a cleric, usually I have bloodpaint but I can do without. I can do charmless once I get better at timing minister's sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Charm just adds that extra line of defense. The only guy that really ticks my charm a lot is Minister in 3-2, if you can time the sleep effect, you can easily solo it without a charm.

Personally, I just hate it when Minister sleeps you, and misses like 3 times in a row, especially if you sparked beforehand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    I swear the only time minister ever misses me is when I'm slept.

Getting better at timing his sleep. I keep into a pretty good groove and I'm able to resist the sleep for a while, sometimes going 3-4 minutes without getting slept, it's just once I do mess up and get slept it messes up my pace and I start missing all of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    i have tanked TT up to 3-1 charmless without BP in duo with a cleric (up to Behe) and i am close to 10k HP (9.8k) timing spark plus Earthquake to cancel all magic attacks is the way to go