Mystic better than Clerics?

Comments

• Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    t
    If you have 6 seekers using that strange (aoe that will hit anything near them as they run around) running towards a group of enemies that would be interesting.

Sven from dota much? Sounds just like his skill..
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    t

Sven from dota much? Sounds just like his skill..

Not cleave but immolation b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm thinking add FB51 in there with the list of can't do without Cleric, simply because of Wyvern. Obviously, most tanks you'll get for the FB won't have to worry about being purified because he can't do much to them. But if a squad of 6x characters are doing their BH and they have to rely on an ill-equipped Barb or another class to tank, purify will be a must.

I can only really see Mystic, in terms of support, being the back up in case the Cleric goes down. As long as that auto-res buff stays on the Cleric, the squad really doesn't have any worries. I don't know much about the skill, but if it has a cooldown short enough, it could be put on everyone and should the Cleric not be able to res them for the better exp loss prevention (because I doubt a level 10 auto-res will save 90%, or a Demon/Sage be a 0% loss), they can res and keep going.

Honestly though, I think I will most enjoy having one in FC after my last run against bubble boss in there. I've never had any boss where I literally could not do anything at all, as well as ended up burning 70k on my HP charm.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS2XuYO8O_g&playnext=1&list=PLB95E3F61E81E2B93&index=11

That's one reason. Level 39 mystic soloing krixxix. No other class at level 39 can solo him to my knowledge.

There is a Veno who was playing on Sanctuary who soloed Krixxix at level 28. Pet was a glacial walker. He also soloed Jewel at 38 or so. He killed Mantavip with a squad of lowbies as well (considering I watched a 93 Wiz do it for me...)

That guy died a lot. Believe me... He tried everything over and over until he got it. I think Krimson stumped him though lol
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Veno can do Krixxix at 41 with a ranged pet, which isn't quite 39 I admit.

You can also tank it yourself at that level as an arcane - so clerics can plausibly do it at 39.

Mystics can't stack HoT? That means they can't heal a tank well enough. Backup healing is nice (as from wizards and Psychics) but just not good enough. (Lack of purify has been covered)

Of course, the current craze HAS no tanks, so who the heck knows?
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    These 2 new classes are being added as an extra and separate set of support DDs with their own unique abilities, not replacements.

/Thread
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Since most the clerics I see in this thread are worried. If you get a mystic in the squad with a cleric, you clerics tell the mystic they are main healing and see what happens. A class comes along that can do good at healing and so on and you all wanna cry like babies. If I'm on mystic and told I'll have to main heal you can bet your *** I'm dropping that squad. The people that play pwi will be the ones doing the class replacement. b:laughb:chuckle
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    These 2 new classes are being added as an extra and separate set of support DDs with their own unique abilities, not replacements.

Still only 6 places in a squad, for every mystic or seeker (or fish) in the squad, a real class has to move out.
  • hugoredbone
    hugoredbone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Somone told me that they just came back from looking at chinese server and he said that seekers are like bm mixed with wizz.
    and mystics are like venos mixed with clerics.
    Then he said clerics are going to be put out of bissnes.
    Anyone can tell me why?
    What kind of skills do the mystics have that make em better than clerics?
    And please dont change the subject of this thread....

Maybe better than clerics in terms of soloing, but there's no way they come even close to healing effectiveness of a cleric.

As a backup/support healer they'd be useful but you still need a cleric as the main healer.
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hey dont worry the Mystic wont replace the Cleric or Veno.

1) Mystic cant buff effectively only some little support buffs.
    2) The Ress buff is weaker than the cleric ress.
    3) The summonings dont have much HP or attack so they are only for little supporting.
    4) Now summonings have a roar-like skill to tank effectively.
    5) The Mystic heal is very weak. Its like Wellspring Surge but not more.

I already have a Mystic at the Wanmei Perfect World so I know what Im talking here ;)
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • Bitsu - Dreamweaver
    Bitsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystics won't ever replace clerics, and won't have their seals! As Dragono said, mystics are going to be weaker than clerics/venos..
    b:flower I enjoy this game, nothing else to say. b:pleased
  • Shneibel - Harshlands
    Shneibel - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    and i do hope they are weak than veno, dont wanna waste the money for herc just for nothing (got it 1 month ago before the <CENCOR> sale, <CENCOR> happen)
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011

3) The summonings dont have much HP or attack so they are only for little supporting.

I just read on the earthguard guide on this forum that the summons of mystics are influenced by the refines and gear of the mystic. screenshot was added too of a mystic(with insane gear though) who had a summon with almost twice of a hercs hp. Less defence, but damn much hp x_x Also attack is infuenced by the mystics gear...

I wonder now what is needed to get their summon about the same stats as a herc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    cause u never see clerics healing with blessing of the purehearted. riiiight.
    there are fail players in every class.

Except if you think using blessing of the purehearted is an automatic fail, you yourself fail...

Blessing is typically a non-combat heal (and that "purehearted" in the name can be a mnemonic for this). It has very low mana requirements (especially if it has not been leveled). It gets 15 chi for the cleric. If the cleric has enough channelling gear it's not even all that slow. It can also help the cleric get a feel for how much health you have, in terms of your health bar (some people work better this way than with numbers).

If you cannot figure out how those attributes can be made to be useful, then you really have no business telling someone else how to play their class.

Of course, if someone is using blessing on a dying tank... that could be very very bad. (But even there, appearances can sometimes be deceiving. For example, when grinding with a barbarian you know, that happens to like using Bestial Rage for efficiency, Blessing might in some circumstances be appropriate. Its if the tank dies shortly after the blessing that you really know for sure that the cleric messed up badly.)
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystics won't ever replace clerics, and won't have their seals! As Dragono said, mystics are going to be weaker than clerics/venos..

what they wont do, is "fully" replace clerics, mystics i think will easily be able to replace clerics in some certain situations, on bosses that dont **** HP to quickly is a good example,
    doing bh29 with a mystic heal is possible at there lower levels, just be damn sure you got a mp charm or a **** load of pots because of how fast a mystic burns mp, bh39 will be possible quite easily i think, bh51 will be abit iffy, that will be dependent on the squad skill but i think a cleric will be needed for the last boss due to its curse but then again, we never no how good there pet debuffs will be in assistance, the later BHs i really cant predict

Also no im not trying to say *rawr clerics suck and they will be useless!*, I'm a cleric my self as you can see...its just why try and downgrade a class thats clearly going to be good and can clearly replace clerics in situations?

also to the veno/mystic thing, that will really be dependent again on certain situations, mystics basic attacks are definitely not weak and have a fair amount of damage just like a venos normal skills, as well as the mystic having some extra strong skills again just like the veno.

tl;dr? mystics wont be "weaker" then clerics and venos, they have there strong and weak points like a cleric and veno, be a realist, don't be deluded.

edit: also just had a quick read of what Waterfal said and damn if thats true, hello insane cash shopper mystics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As it is right now, clerics have it the easiest they've ever had in a long long time. Ever remeber having to spam the ironheart button over and over and over. Now we got blood paint to do that for us. Ever remember that clerics had to buy charms. Now we use cheap as hell pots. Are we still useful? yes. Right now we purify, throw an aoe heal once an while(psychics have that too though), buff, BB, RB(casters), and mostly help whenever a squadie gets into trouble. In fact, we're more of an insurance policy. For the most part, we're still wanted even though we don't have to do squat. At least this is my experience in frost and other instances. Our good times are going to end soon though I suspect.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The mystic will never outright replace clerics, but they can substitute them in certain situations.

I predict mystics being able to act as clerics in the following;

5aps Nirvana runs, clerics are hardly needed anyways
    High level fc runs. Between apoth, high hp, and insane defense, a barb could tank pulls by himself, the auto rez and occasional heal is icing on the cake.
    Certain bhs. Any bh that doesn't require purify will be a cake walk for mystics. Hell, I'm a wizard and I can act as cleric if the barb uses crab meat while I heal.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    clerics wont get fully replaced like said before always needed for a res or such xD if mystics are +- clerics i hope they enjoy the squad flaming bhs b:chuckle as for now clerics doomsday hasnt passed by yet :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • XHELLROSE - Heavens Tear
    XHELLROSE - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011

1) Mystic cant buff effectively only some little support buffs.
    2) The Ress buff is weaker than the cleric ress.
    5) The Mystic heal is very weak. Its like Wellspring Surge but not more.

I already have a Mystic at the Wanmei Perfect World so I know what Im talking here ;)
    Ty for the information dragono could u speak more about the mystic ress skill plz =).
  • hugoredbone
    hugoredbone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystics got no BB.

The end.
  • Alleia - Dreamweaver
    Alleia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yeah it's true Mystics will have some form of a Resurrect skill (not able to be cast on a target once dead though, not sure about XP loss or anything yet) and they can heal. However...

1. No Purify
    2. No BB or RB - So for squads which require AOE healing, you're screwed
    3. From what we've heard not solid debuffs like Clerics have
    4. From what we've heard so far, no seals
    5. Resurrect after the fact is out
    6. No varied styles of healing (Chromatic, Stream of Rej., Wellspring and IH) depending on the problem at hand
    7. No fantastic buffs like Cleric has. Apparently Mystics will have a physical buff (unsure if its able to be cast on others), and possibly their summon can do something. But Cleric buffs are epic.

Overall, I'm sure people will use the Mystic if a Cleric can't be found - but for squads which require AOE heal or constant aggro hogs I highly doubt a Mystic will be able to do the job. As I've said in another post - Mystics seem like a jack of all trades, master of none. They don't seem to fit in anywhere - they are just a mix of other classes with no pure aim. They aren't really specialized healers, aren't technically tanks, aren't technically a lurer/summoner and can't really DD.

In my opinion - if a squad had a choice of a Mystic or a Cleric, they'd choose a Cleric. Hands down.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystic heal is quicker, so not heal as much as cleric but can cast faster, just like why people like 5.0. AoE heal is 2% lower than Cleric but 0.5 second faster cast. They also got plant to help heal at lvl 49. Plant can also debuff, seal, paralyze, slow, deal damage. Summon got higher hp than Veno's pet. Although Mystic don't have BB they got summon that help absorb damage at lvl 49. All of those skills are not as effective as Cleric but don't forget that Cleric can't heal, BB, DD at the same time but Mystic can with summon and plant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystic better than Clerics?

brown better than yellow?
    mushrooms better than gras?
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    uhm so far, did anyone ever came up with the idea that a mystic might get a purify if they get a certain heal skill to sage or demon?

and omg those skills seen in those video r just skills from 1-39, possible lvl 44 skills r missing, 49 and 59 skills r missing, maybe 79 skill is a purify for pet and player or something...
    if that aint the case, then again maybe sage version of a trap or aoe heal purifies just like psychics do with their bubble. and when that happens clerics r screwed, since i hardly see the so beloved BB in any instance but RB/GV anymore.

so far i still cant say that clerics wont be replaced. and if that fact is true about the summons that r as strong as the gear the Mystic is wearing, then its also a byebye for venos.

but we still dont know, lets just wait and see what is coming
  • Shintoh - Raging Tide
    Shintoh - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Also, when you can't find a cleric for BH/FB, exception to BH/FB69, I think a Mystic can be just as fine, assuming if the squad can take care of each other and not act stupid./QUOTE]

When's that gonna happen? When I was on DW Server, 90% of the BH59 squads ALWAYS acted stupid...

Can't say anything about other servers, because frankly, I don't know. Still not high enough for Qingzi BH on RT yet....
    I like big bots, and I cannot lie; spamming Gold you can't deny!

b:dirty

Yeah, I'm the guy who brought a sword to a gunfight....

...sad part is that I won. b:victory
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Idc which ones better, just means that finding a healer for FC got alot easier...
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    First, mystics have an *awesome* heal, simply put. Any cleric saying "I won't be replaced by Mystic blah blah" has never done Nirvana with a high end squad. Heals are barely needed, just the buffs. From what I understand, Mystics have a p def buff comparable to clerics'.

I think Mystics would do nicely to fill both the veno and cleric spot in a good Nirvana team, freeing up more DD. Discuss b:victory
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    First, mystics have an *awesome* heal, simply put. Any cleric saying "I won't be replaced by Mystic blah blah" has never done Nirvana with a high end squad. Heals are barely needed, just the buffs. From what I understand, Mystics have a p def buff comparable to clerics'.

I think Mystics would do nicely to fill both the veno and cleric spot in a good Nirvana team, freeing up more DD. Discuss b:victory

Not everything is about Nirvana. You want to quit your cleric to reroll a mystic than thats you.. Just **** already. So sick of some of these male clerics on here. You think rerolling a mystic is gonna change the setup in a 5aps squad for Nirvana? If your not wanted ~ your not wanted.. No matter what caster class you are you STILL face the same fate. Most people on the forums anyhow just wanna know what the class is like 1-79 cuz of skills atm. Your going to oracle your mystic to 100 just to do Nirvana and get crush sadly..
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011

yeah i was thinking the same. especially if the mystic has some nice debuffs/temporary buffs.
  • Shneibel - Harshlands
    Shneibel - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystic heal is quicker, so not heal as much as cleric but can cast faster, just like why people like 5.0. AoE heal is 2% lower than Cleric but 0.5 second faster cast. They also got plant to help heal at lvl 49. Plant can also debuff, seal, paralyze, slow, deal damage. Summon got higher hp than Veno's pet. Although Mystic don't have BB they got summon that help absorb damage at lvl 49. All of those skills are not as effective as Cleric but don't forget that Cleric can't heal, BB, DD at the same time but Mystic can with summon and plant.

i am very sure that the plant is personally abosrb dmg and not hole pt
    Summon got higher hp than Veno's pet

and that is the tank pet and it is the only 1