Mystic better than Clerics?

Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Somone told me that they just came back from looking at chinese server and he said that seekers are like bm mixed with wizz.
and mystics are like venos mixed with clerics.
Then he said clerics are going to be put out of bissnes.
Anyone can tell me why?
What kind of skills do the mystics have that make em better than clerics?
And please dont change the subject of this thread....
Post edited by Lelouchvi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    maybe this movie will help you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za3IXOFUek4

and believe me, they won't b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide
    Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS2XuYO8O_g&playnext=1&list=PLB95E3F61E81E2B93&index=11

That's one reason. Level 39 mystic soloing krixxix. No other class at level 39 can solo him to my knowledge.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mystics have forum reading skills, made every other class obsolete.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystics will not replace clerics.

-- Mystics cannot BB (yah that blue shining circle that heals and cuts damage to squad)

-- Mystics cannot rez someone that is already dead.

They will be different, but will not replace.

Some have said "Yeah but they can do a pre-rez buff, if u die in "x" time, u get back on your feets"

Ok, but how reliable is that in FC ? Do not take a cleric that BB's and let Mystic cast pre-rez on everyone ? Not sure how much hp it gives back upon rez, but not sure either a barb would like to self-rez in the middle of what he lured if all turned bad.. And who is gonna heal squad when Mystic fills him up or when mobs notice "Oh, our target is gone, let's go random"
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystics can probably make decent subs in 5.0 aps squads though.....

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Anyone else likes lobsters?
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    well clerics will always have skills that a mystic never can.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Anyone else likes lobsters?

jerk....

anyways they have good healing skills but is it realy good compared to iron heart blessing and wellspring surge?
    i mean that im pretty sure clerics heals have better healing power and channeling time.
    also purify?!
    i dont think mystics can heal a tank in wraithgate without purify.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    well if it came down to it. which would you trust?

A cleric which has been around for along time in the game. You know the skills and you know what they can do for you.

or

A mystic which is new and not many will know how to use them right away. You dont know the skills which could lead to a loss in exp.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Somone told me that they just came back from looking at chinese server

I stopped reading there. Solid source...someone.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystics have:

An AOE heal
    Fast channel heal
    Non-stackable HoT
    Auto-res (can't res the already dead)
    A plant that has a sort of BB effect but it only last a minute
    another unknown healing skill.

Replacing clerics? No

Making a clerics job easier? Yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Mystics have:

An AOE heal
    Fast channel heal
    Non-stackable HoT

Replacing clerics? No

but who will they replace in squads? there is not enough room for each class in pwi to be in the same squad.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Is it bad that im a little ticked at the incredible number of buffs and debuffs the newer classes are getting? and a aoe sleep? are you serious? talk about a cool pk skill.

oh well, i will feel better when im able to learn my demon wield thunder, at least its ability to reduce the enemy metal defense while at the same time doing massive damage still makes me useful.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011

A cleric which has been around for along time in the game. You know the skills and you know what they can do for you.

or

A mystic which is new and not many will know how to use them right away. You dont know the skills which could lead to a loss in exp.

cause u never see clerics healing with blessing of the purehearted. riiiight.
    there are fail players in every class.

i will read the skill, learn and decide what's better for me. strange concept eh?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystics have:

An AOE heal
    Fast channel heal
    Non-stackable HoT

Replacing clerics? No

Really that skill set is good enough for most BH, FB, Nirv, and some TT. I don't think you would absolutely need cleric for as many instances as you do right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    cause u never see clerics healing with blessing of the purehearted. riiiight.
    there are fail players in every class.

i will read the skill, learn and decide what's better for me. strange concept eh?

People are closed minded, they do what the people before them do. Which doesnt make you a good player.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Is it bad that im a little ticked at the incredible number of buffs and debuffs the newer classes are getting? and a aoe sleep? are you serious? talk about a cool pk skill.

oh well, i will feel better when im able to learn my demon wield thunder, at least its ability to reduce the enemy metal defense while at the same time doing massive damage still makes me useful.

You? Useful? That's actually kinda funny

Also.. on topic.. no, Mystics won't replace Clerics.
    edited January 2011
    You? Useful? That's actually kinda funny

Also.. on topic.. no, Mystics won't replace Clerics.

I know where you pk at you little monster.

However, i have been in a few FCs and TTs with a barb so good i rarely had to heal, aside from the rezing problem i think mystics would make a perfect choice for minor support.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS2XuYO8O_g&playnext=1&list=PLB95E3F61E81E2B93&index=11

That's one reason. Level 39 mystic soloing krixxix. No other class at level 39 can solo him to my knowledge.

the only thing that would stop you from soloing krixx at lvl 39 with a cleric would be mana...and how slow it was going to take.

wiz can tank it easily as well, but the healing at that lvl is slow and gets interrupted a lot so soloing is more iffy.

Anyone else intrigued at how much better the Mystic wood spells look than venos'? lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited January 2011
    Mystics have:

An AOE heal
    Fast channel heal
    Non-stackable HoT

Replacing clerics? No

Considering any decent set up of 5.0 APS squads, I think Mystics can replace clerics in that perspective.

Nirvana can already be done without a cleric with a decent 5.0 squad.

But aside 5.0 aps, I think Mystics can easily make a cleric's job easier as stated before.

Also, when you can't find a cleric for BH/FB, exception to BH/FB69, I think a Mystic can be just as fine, assuming if the squad can take care of each other and not act stupid.

Anyways, I expect a huge surge of these classes the first week. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    but who will they replace in squads? there is not enough room for each class in pwi to be in the same squad.

if people cant find a veno for boss damage against ? level mobs, there pets could replace them, along with there debuffs which are really useful, not to mention venos cant heal people unlike mystics that can, they easily fill the DD role in any situation as there skills are quite good and dont forget again, there pet which DDs and a pet that buffs, there a very multi-choice spot filling class.

the new classes dont really have much of anything for squad buffs, and that aoe sleep has very little range and a low success rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    LoL! Lets see if mystics can stack IH bb/rb or purify? I love how you people come out with new silly threads like this everyday. b:laughb:thanks They will have to learn there place in a squad and I'm sure at higher lvls it dang sure won't be main healer/purify~er. xD I just can't wait to play this class its great but won't take me from my cleric..
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    u died from a mob...

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

/thread
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
    edited January 2011
    No one because we all know everyone has GS and rez scrolls.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

or

Barbs, and venos have been around for a long time, and many of them still play like noobs while there are many Assassins that have been fine from the get go.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    LoL! Lets see if mystics can stack IH bb/rb or purify? I love how you people come out with new silly threads like this everyday. b:laughb:thanks They will have to learn there place in a squad and I'm sure at higher lvls it dang sure won't be main healer/purify~er. xD I just can't wait to play this class its great but won't take me from my cleric..

uhh, at end game ppl have good gear, rb is wothless, bb often not practical, so thats where mystic can be competition for cleric for sure.

as mentioned before, in easier instances - where strong healing power, and purify-on-demand isnt needed, but fast and accurate heals - mystic can be very desirable
    ( good example would be nirvana.)

mystic do have fast heal (fastest?) and accurate other one (auto-dmg regen thingy).

cant say that clerics are doomed tho. would be hard to replace one in rb, some TTs and few BHs..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    Barbs, and venos have been around for a long time, and many of them still play like noobs while there are many Assassins that have been fine from the get go.

just consider every noob you meet as one where you failed at teaching how to play properly...b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystics will help Clerics? What currently happens to non primary tanks when there's a second cleric in squads?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited January 2011

not main healer no but sure can take our place in more pro squads.
    if people cant find a veno for boss damage against ? level mobs, there pets could replace them, along with there debuffs which are really useful, not to mention venos cant heal people unlike mystics that can, they easily fill the DD role in any situation as there skills are quite good and dont forget again, there pet which DDs and a pet that buffs, there a very multi-choice spot filling class.

the new classes dont really have much of anything for squad buffs, and that aoe sleep has very little range and a low success rate.

I'm not sure if the success rate increases by leveling up the skill but i know that it will spam the skill repeatedly in an aoe fashion, the range doesn't matter if in a group of 4 people half of them did not run away in time.

This does however make TW and PK alot more fun cause there are so many strategies that can be created with the new abilities. If you have 6 seekers using that strange (aoe that will hit anything near them as they run around) running towards a group of enemies that would be interesting.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    bromance
    bromance

Get another thread why don't yeah b:surrender.

As for this thread its been stated many times that mystics will not replace clerics.............that and if you read mystic skills and compared. (in some situations they will be replaced)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along