[Server Maintenance] 12-28-2010 [Complete]

Comments

• Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I've only been in one faction/guild and as it's literally made up of my extended, real life family; it's the only one I'll ever be in:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The most notable factions for me would be Phoenix and Kaizen.

Phoenix was already around under another name (which I can't really remember) in closed beta and was made the same day the servers opened for real (hence the rather popular name). Had a lot of fun there, was one of the first factions to do a PvE TW (which I couldn't attend unfortunately...). I quit for a while though, and when I came back (about 2 years ago) it was pretty much dead, haven't seen it around ever since.

Then after being factionless for a short while I just decided to take the bait on a random recruiting shout for Kaizen on world chat. Had a great time there and I would never have made it through my 70's without them (we did one hell of a lot of TT's back then). It died off like most factions do after quite a long lifespan.

It was an empty lv3 faction that was being preserved by a friend of mine until I got the idea to use it for the tideborn expansion. Lots of people making fresh new alts would make up for a lot of fun I thought, and it sure did. We recruited around 150 tideborn alts on the first day (first 3 hours actually...) and most of them were ofcourse actively leveling their new alt.
    It died in about 2 weeks though, like I expected. But it was well worth the effort and since I still have an alt as leader of the faction I might just do it again with the release of the Earthguard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How many factions have you been a part of? Which was your favorite and why?

4. 2 on veno (both long since dead), 2 on barb..

my favorite? The one I lead of course :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i think ive been part of 6 or so, i dont rly fact hop much b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i think ive been part of 6 or so, i dont rly fact hop much b:cute

good lord! 6 factions in 4 months?b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well this character has been in just two. Valorious and Merciful. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • RoyalMist - Sanctuary
    RoyalMist - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Started game on sept 20th i think, and joined ShockWave for about a week or so. Didn't like it since the director was annoying as heck.

Then I joined Nefarious and have been there ever since, including now :). It simply is the best: always a TW every weekend (whether we attack or get attacked.. ganged mostly) intense wars and for the most part, nice ppl to be around with.
  • Kuradel - Heavens Tear
    Kuradel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Currently in Aurorians...

Previous factions I were part of were Will2Kill, ~*Demon*~ (may be off on the fancy things around Demon), and GothBlade. The first 2 I was in on my BM before I made my Wizard. I mostly enjoyed my time with all of them...

My favorite faction by far is Aurorians! Drama is pretty much nonexistent, and a family atmosphere. Best faction in all PWI in my honest opinion b:victory
  • Lola_Frost - Sanctuary
    Lola_Frost - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have been in... 3 factions =3 1st was Kakumau, super sweet, kind, helpful, roflmao funny people, the people im glad to call family XD and 2nd TureMyths when it was in its prime, my family away from family, and 3rd R3N3G4D3S, but im back in Kakumau and happy to be there once again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Wife of Chizburger b:cute
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i have one guild for my alts Tuonela
    Cleric - Endless (lvl 13-45), CHAOS(45-50), TheEmpire(50-70), Radiance(70-100), Mortal, Tuonela
    Psy - Mortal(50-95), Radiance(95+)
    Veno - Tuonela, Bloodrayn, Mortal, Tuonela

all the rest only in Tuonela

my favorite is Radiance <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liecit - Sanctuary
    Liecit - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    No faction yet! Maybe once/if I'm more active day to day. b:pleased

Thirty minutes to go until maintenaaaance. The night I decide to play too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Slow and Casual Player~

Thank you for the Siggy Llux ~ b:kiss
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    maint tis lateb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I haven't been in many factions. First one was on Sanctuary, in a faction called 'angeles caidos'. Apparently it meant fallen angels. Anyway, it was a Spanish faction, so I couldn't understand most of what they were saying. I eventually left because of the language barrier. They were nice people, but usuing google translate for hours on end was frustrating.

After that, I moved to Heavens Tear, where I was in LightFang (left because the leader was stalkerish), then Cherubs (the leader at the time I joined was not very good with leadership - "If you have teles, give them to me. If you give them to me, I'll promote ya!" So I left. Along with a few others. After that I was in Nexuz - It was quite fun until a bunch of venos who thought doing cat-speak was cute joined. All I could hear in faction chat was "Mew!! Mewmew!! Meow~~". It was spammed so much that I couldn't even see the "Let it be known ..." system messages from Duke Blacke. Then I joined Atlantica. Which was inactive. So now I am in BigHearts, which is a great faction, and the best one on PWI that I have been in by far =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NomNomz - Dreamweaver
    NomNomz - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Second Post!! damn

Okay Factions.. When I first started the game my wife and I had started a faction on the Lost City Server. But didn't last long because PvP was just too much. Get PK'ed walking out the arch gate many times turned us off and we switched to Santuary.

are you kidding me? you dunno love when you see it... back on PW-MY Delphi west ADC (archosaur) gate was the place to go have PK fun, even when you were in a "non-PK" faction (What Happens At West Gate Stays At West Gate). totally pvp server, 8juns be duelin, one AOEs and you got newb-kibble everywhere. sacred institution. none of this OT **** we have on dreamweaver -_-

factions on PWI, hmm. Kindrid. always did love and always will love Kindrid. Reiki comes to mind.... in Insanity now with old friends, this guild rules!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AmYours - Lost City
    AmYours - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:bye 2 Factions on this char/acc..

Btw GMs, if any of you is bored, ****** check tickets -.- Some people are waiting for an answer ijs b:thanks
    b:pleased GMs love to ban me! I love you too guys b:dirty
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How many factions have you been a part of? Which was your favorite and why?

Well I made my own faction for lower lvls so people don't bother me with invites, lol. But then I found VALKYR on Sanctuary, it only has people from my country Hungary, and it's very active and helpful. Go go go Hungarian players! b:victory
  • HebeAi - Dreamweaver
    HebeAi - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    been part of 4 factions total in the year and half I've played PWI. My favorite being my current faction b:cute

EDIT: forgot 1 ^^
  • Innamorata - Harshlands
    Innamorata - Harshlands Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    1 Faction
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Been in 8, hated them all, wish I never joined.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Factions... I've been a part of 4. WhiteHrts, Adversary, KnightRlm, and NiteDream. WhiteHrts was started by my friend, and was given to me when she quit. Adversary... Well, it was awesome, then sadly, didn't turn out so well. Currently, my Veno and Cleric are in KnightRlm, my Archer, Sin, and BM belong to NiteDream. My Catshop has leader of WhiteHrts, that has some of my friend's alts on it. I'm gonna be closing it down and just storing it on my Catshop for a while. :)

Factions ahve their ups and downs. Sometimes, the downs end the faction, or drive a lot of their members away. Sometimes, just a few people leave. Sometimes, nobody leaves. But when you have 170/200, it's a lot of people, considering some of them are alts. KnightRlm and NiteDream have been wonderful so far. :D
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SoultheWolf - Lost City
    SoultheWolf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    In the two years I've played I've been in nine different factions, though my favorite has to be the one I'm currently in (Reprise) or the original RedHawk, that disbanded over a year ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    And the maintenance begins...time for 2 hours of inane posts and insane trolling...YAY!!

Keep those hamsters running, PWI!!!
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Release teh Kraken!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Liecit - Sanctuary
    Liecit - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Trollllllolololololool~ *prances around*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Slow and Casual Player~

Thank you for the Siggy Llux ~ b:kiss
  • LadyYueliang - Sanctuary
    LadyYueliang - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's now time for the sweet treats and yummy coffee and tea. b:chuckle
    I hold all the keys to every realm... You killed me my love so in turn I shall be your reaper till the end of time.
  • Pandawoo - Sanctuary
    Pandawoo - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hay KiriytCat, plz tell me how I can becom a MOD. I,d love to know how. I have been trying to find out for a week now. You know how i go abouts to doing so?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Would it be possible to sell Ani packs by bulk, like other packs ?
  • DarkMousey - Heavens Tear
    DarkMousey - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    4 on Heavens Tear
    SentinelS, Vanaheimr, RogueCrew, and Nocturne
  • Whimzic - Dreamweaver
    Whimzic - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Dreamweaver, 3 in 2 years.. Loved them all <33
  • Lnsomnia - Lost City
    Lnsomnia - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    QQQQQ Orbs and Chip packs are being removed? I still haven`t sold everything so better not remove them >_>