With the new classes coming out, are (new) barbs going to die? o:

13»

Comments

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Barbs aren't a solo class, so why are barbs dealing with high repair bills? Why do barbs complain about high repair bills when BMs and Sins who tank don't? What about archers that pay for every single hit?

Barb A: Enters Seat of Torment unwined. Barb A rounds up some mobs as squad follows. Barb stops, works his skills, and the squad AOE's the **** out of them. -Low repairs, low instance expense (unwined), good profit!

Barb B: Enters SoT, has it wined. Runs up to one or two mobs at a time, but focuses on one (the other one hammering away at him). Squad picks them off one by one.

-The problem here is:

1) Barbs have the highest HP per Vit and best skills for tanking hits
    2) Barbs have the fastest sustained speed and best AoE aggro skills

- So Barb B is not exploiting his strengths and is playing as a solo class which isn't working. Of course this is a very common problem, so it would take some learning on the part of the squads and Barbs to pull off. The squad would have to play like a squad. It can be done, and it's how Trophy Modes are run successfully. We have the uber weapons to pull off very fast AoE kills thanks to the rank sale and maturity of the game.

If people can learn this: APS becomes less significant.

Barb A needs good squad, frankly those are too few to count on it, you rather play it safe. Also, our aggro skills are BS, I wont be taking shtloads of mobs on me unless I`m 99% I can keep em all on me, I wont risk squad to save few coins on repairs. The same as I wouldnt be doing the BS of waiting to the last second to heal tanker, **** their charm/etc. Do I think I cant do aoe well? Nope, finished 5man delta yesterday, wizzie got 1k`d on first stun wave I think, yet nobody else died once on that run.

Aps less significant? Have you ever done anything with ppl who got 3.33aps or more? Did 3man FC, took 30mins or so, claw barb, 4aps dagger sin & cleric. The difference is just absurd compared to pre claws for me, those mage TTs go decently fast now, I wont be losing aggro unless there is higher aps in squad/or squad starts attacking when kitty is having spark animation. If higher aps cant tank, he just holds back enough not to take aggro, yet that`S a lot less holding back compared to axe barb.

Ps. I love examples where other barb is super pro and the other just complete idiot. Would you compare equally skilled players, would it have something to discuss about.

Pps. Best aoe aggro skills? Nicely said sir, tell that to R8 wizzies that oneshot aggro after my roar.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o