Game is dead ? SUCK IT UP!

Options
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
*keeps fingers crossed 5th time is a charm and stupid forum editting system WILL put her text through* -.-

The game is dead.
Im still lagging like hell in Archosaur and thats not because of my I-netline NOR my graphic settings

World chat is still bustling with Squad calls.

FCC and Nirvana are still run by squads multiple times a day. So is TT, if only for quests sake.

R8 & R9 used to be worth something, with the sale its not.
Yes it is, the total amount of money you spent on it from CS, IF you did.

Yes it is, if it was a goal. You accomplished it, be proud of your work. No matter the means !

Yes it is, goal achieved because YOU yourself wanted to. (or you are so persistant on being better than anyone else you do not want to see anyone else walking around in it, thus making you look less better ?)

Yes it is, because if the afor mentioned reason applies to you, minus whats inbetween brackets, you choose to get it for your own personal reasons. So whats the harm if someone else got it easier than you did ? All I see now is people raging and whining about how this new change is offering other people a chance in a different way. Its like midclass flamining on the rich and famous because they were born that way !

The economy of the game is screwed.
Yes, and we are ALL part of that. You. Me. Us. AND them. We all have a certain amount of greed in our habits, its called being human. If an item is wanted, it price is high. If its regarded useless, its price is low.
If you get one of those items that has a high value did you not always TRY and sell it for just a bit more than the going rate if you didnt need it ? Dont be a hypocrite and say you donated it to the nearest low level player you saw out of the goodness of your heart, because you HAVE. We all did.

I quit! *rage quits and leaves insulting post on forum*
Its funny how I see so many people quit and its from long time players who should damn well know by now that if it isnt a technicality flaw, or a fault in the BASE decoding of the game. Or something that hurts PWES corporate wallet, they do nothing. Money is money. You leaving will only make place for a new generation of players, with new money and new optimism.
Just like when you started this game.

Its even more funny how its (mostly) the 90+/100s people that complain the most. And why ? Because you do not have the monopoly status anymore of being an OP player running around in your nirvana or TT99 sets. And YES I said monopoly status, why ? -because as SOON as people realized Nirvana was an end game status necessity Prices of uncannies and raptures went through the rough. Whether or not you now might think I see nirvana wearers as hoarders to keep the price as high as possible or not I dont care.

But the bottom line is, If I see someone in West Archosaur wanting to sell a not-yet bound Nirvana arcana armor chest plate for over 200MILLION coins when they themselves are already wearing +10s LIGHT nirvana on every piece of gear, you are a greedy son of a.

How on earth do you expect ANYONE to come up with THAT ridiculous amount of money if you only allow 5.0s in your squad and thus block them off from ANY type or form of farming or money income? Exactly, Packs and spending real life money. A.K.A, we all ruined the economy + endgame status became an overly priced and ridiculously exaggerated cashcow for the ALREADY existing higher lvlers even BEFORE this Rank sale. IJS!
All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
"ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
Post edited by AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Right

Right! b:bye I am off, I know there will be QQ chaos within tuesday. Later.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    apprently, game was dead 2 years ago when ppl found out about venos with hercs/nyxes and heavy venos. wonder if game will still be dead 2 years from now.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    apprently, game was dead 2 years ago when ppl found out about venos with hercs/nyxes and heavy venos.

o really b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited December 2010
    Options
    o really b:bye

ya rly.

or do i seriously need to bring up the mass ammount of "veno OP QQQQQQQQQ" threads that were pressent back then.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ya rly.

or do i seriously need to bring up the mass ammount of "veno OP QQQQQQQQQ" threads that were pressent back then.

the differences is all previous qq were talking about how they make the path to end game easier for cser (and great merchant indirectly)
    but now it's like giving the end game in an instant . .

frankie say these was preparation for the coming expansion
    that mean they wanted all of us to wear rank 8 as standard ?
    rank 8 that many people work hard or pay a lot for it before ?
    and nirvana set that now for caster is really hard to sell because of current sale ?
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    the differences is all previous qq were talking about how they make the path to end game easier for cser (and great merchant indirectly)
    but now it's like giving the end game in an instant . .

frankie say these was preparation for the coming expansion
    that mean they wanted all of us to wear rank 8 as standard ?
    rank 8 that many people work hard or pay a lot for it before ?
    and nirvana set that now for caster is really hard to sell because of current sale ?
    b:bye

huh? hercs/nyxes were CS based. the QQ back then was the same QQ about ppl getting freebies in the CS as it is now. there is no difference between the two.

ppl QQed that venos became OP by spending money in the CS to get hercs/nyxes. 2 years later ppl are QQing about ppl buying rank 8 in the CS to get more powerful.

same old QQ goodness.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    huh? hercs/nyxes were CS based. the QQ back then was the same QQ about ppl getting freebies in the CS as it is now. there is no difference between the two.

ppl QQed that venos became OP by spending money in the CS to get hercs/nyxes. 2 years later ppl are QQing about ppl buying rank 8 in the CS to get more powerful.

same old QQ goodness.

oh really . . b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *directs you both to the veno forum* PW finally let my wall of text through, now go agree, reply or flame that or move over the veno forum please?
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oh really . . b:pleased

yup, really. trust me, this will all blow over once the expansion hits and ppl QQ about the earthguard and the other stuff the expansion will bring.

its all about finding something new to cry over. if there is rank 10 in the new expansion then ppl will **** bricks about how their rank 8 and rank 9 gear that they have becomes obsolete. and if there is rank 10 or some new insane gear in the new expansion then this entire rage session about rank 8 and 9 in the CS will become void.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nope b:surrender
    Ive already played other version before PWI

I don't QQ over legendary pet
    I don't QQ over bound high lv and end game gear
    I don't QQ over packs
    I don't QQ over genie
    I don't QQ over tideborn
    I don't QQ over TT drop nerf
    I don't QQ over mirage decompose nerf
    I don't QQ over DQ lower price
    I don't QQ over gold cap raise
    I don't QQ over TW change
    I don't QQ over jones
    I don't QQ over new races

But their latest decision of making rank gear easily obtained . . i can't keep calm on that one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ANYONE to come up with THAT ridiculous amount of money if you only allow 5.0s in your squad and thus block them off from ANY type or form of farming or money income? Exactly, Packs and spending real life money. A.K.A, we all ruined the economy + endgame status became an overly priced and ridiculously exaggerated cashcow for the ALREADY existing higher lvlers even BEFORE this Rank sale. IJS!

I got second tier nirvana pants starting with nothing just off the double drops week w/o doing a single Nirvana run. -point missed.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I got second tier nirvana pants starting with nothing just off the double drops week w/o doing a single Nirvana run. -point missed.

No, not point missed.
    If you also take in acount that the prices of uncannies and raptures are insanely high. around half a mil, Mill and 2 mill mark ( not even talking about the chests, omg. ) + the fact enough highly SKILLED players ( not talking about the people that know this game AtoZ and oracle/hyper their alt to a 80lvls) do NOT spend over 10 hours on this game to farm enough money they will be left behind.
    They either resort to the easy way, Buying Zen + packs.
    Or with this new sale, buy it off the bat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I completely agree with the OP. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thank you. :) You's got common sense *shakes hand*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    NO U

lawl i joke, but PWI seems to enjoy this backstabbing stuff. Bet the cashshoppers are having a fieldday.
    I agree with most of what you said.

b:cute
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well, it's not so much back stabbing as it is smart marketeering.

I mean, just look at the simplicity of the flyers and mounts sale a few weeks/months back.

They were available in packs only for a few weeks. People started screaming they wanted more of them and the few that WERE around were overpriced.
    Then they got what they wanted cause the fastest mounts and flyers came into boutique!
    of course all the people that wanted that mount/fly from day 1 and spent alot of coin or money on it felt ripped off.
    But hey, majority rules when it's in corperate wallet's favor ! :D

Tt was too hard, they nerfed it
    Then the nerf was TOO nerf-y... it got cranked up again.
    and NOW their complaining AAGGAAAIIN it's too hard.
    people -really- do not know what they want -deskplants- and when they do get it. find something different to b*tch about the second they get it. *rolls eyes*

granted i am absolutely agreeing there are -certain- things that really do need attention. I.e rubberbanding, server resets wiping all memory of calendars of a certain chapel, Lunar/FCC dropnerf.
    just 3 examples of the things i'd like to see changed and are IMHO the most important ones.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I agree with the things that need fixing, including the TWs. I'm just hoping the GMs read through all of this stuff eventually and realise the players probably only take so much. It might be smart, but if they pull it too far it just might snap.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have very little hope, but the little that IS there imagines these people reading skimming through these forums and all they see is:
    game dead!
    I quit !
    I am no longer powerfull with my nirvana/farmed r8 or 9 and those now players are ! D: *cry cry cry*

I didn't care much for the TW changes to begin with so that's a rather uneasy topic for me<,<...>.>
    I dont TW, i've pondered it, but there's just something about the smaller disfunctional family faction i am in now that i like. Simply friends having fun and playing game in our spare time.
    instead of character info-ing every red or white named player i see and checking if i can beat them or not.
    Granted, TW didn't seem appealing to me cause Sanct was basically ruled by nefarious at that time and let's just say... without -wanting- to name flame or shame someone... i didn't agree with the overall attitude that nef's players were strolling about. but... that's off topic =x

I just dont get the fuss over this whole sale thing.
    like, for instance, Veno's are absolutely -lovely- with a Nix or a herc. Me and my husband worked out arses off to farm the sof's for my herc. and when i finally got it... petpacks went on sale !
    even the veno's that JUST started were running around with big yellow blobs while it idled and they themselves were shooting at a low lvl mob with a bow ( just one of the most ridiculous one's i've seen and a worst case scenario )
    I could have gone on a rage tantrum with ALOT of other veno's... did we ? dont think so ...
    think we should have tho... with the amount you need and the prices they go for... *le sigh*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Haha I agree with the herc/nix part. I still don't even have a nix, actually. I spent a good long time farming for the herc, husband was buying SOF by the 100 as a presents. Overall worth of my herc was 110mil.

Few weeks later I see a bunch of bluename venos with herc and nix, loling at my lack of nix.

but **** them, i love my pig and will continue to level him to 100.

Then I can truely call him Superpig. :3
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Exactly, thats the right mentality.
    Hold true to what you already GOT and value your OWN efforts instead of envying what other people might get better or get handed on a silver platter.

You value your equipment and items more than people buying it off the bat. ESSENTIALLY it mean nothing more than, "i have money and i can bee epic! :D" ... so WHAT. as long as you, your faction and in game friends know that and see you for what you truly are, A SKILLED player with par gear to what you PLAY...
    where is the fricken harm x.x ? seriously, i ask you... ( not personally you... all other players XD )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What Im noticing is that people not complaining are mostly from pve servers, they just don't see the big picture on all aspects of the game.

PvP server players, to them, the game is dead. PWI gives everyone one of the most strongest end game weapon for practically nothing, where's the fun in pvp anymore? Just select target and 1-3 shot them. No skill involved/needed.

You pretty much need to have +8 or higher gear now to try to survive pvp against this last update. The only people staying are those who can afford these types of gear, or are the carebears who don't go out to pvp.

I feel sorry to those of you who don't see what pwi management is doing to the game.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What Im noticing is that people not complaining are mostly from pve servers, they just don't see the big picture on all aspects of the game.

PvP server players, to them, the game is dead. PWI gives everyone one of the most strongest end game weapon for practically nothing, where's the fun in pvp anymore? Just select target and 1-3 shot them. No skill involved/needed.

I feel sorry to those of you who don't see what pwi management is doing to the game.

Hi bewbie b:bye

PWI has flipped a giant bird to cs'ers and f2p alike, it's really quite a masterful thing to do. Normally a f2p game flips the bird to only one or the other at a time.

good job pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    some people just dont understand the aspect that this action will defenetly have a long term effect. when they made TW changes 80% of people here been all happy saying "now we have a chance. now they wont get any money anymore. now we can attack" and look..it failed. strong faction stayed strong. weak factions stayed weak. many of us said its useless..this change is just rip off the money. cause no matter how much you bid you lose all your money. we never had any problems with "fake bids". to make bids secretly is more then enough to prevent it.
    since then people wont even appear to TW anymore. neither low lvls nor high lvls. it costs to much money. a small faction wont be able to afford it.
    IMO..the packs made people greedy. i never saw so many scammers in the game since they been released. i never saw so many bad influence among players since they been released.
    now comes this reputation badges bs. something that you should actually gain due hard work with helping and quests..they selling for money or trading for tokens. i m not even upset at pwi..just major dissapointed. some players just dont understand that this will have effect in every way. you may get rank8/rank9 cheap, but you realise how much you really have to pay for it? the gold went up to 1mil+ and you gonna pay your part for it as well. gold charms will rise, tokens will rise, everyone gonna play along with this cause everyone wants to get so much money as they can. game is not DEAD yet...but it started to die since the packs (i saw empty starting areas...not as i used to see them before), what pwi does is nothing more then to dig the grave deeper.
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Have to say I agree with almost everything OP said, even if I think PWI is full of it.
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Amen, and have some tasty cookies. b:pleased

The end of it is that people will be people, and economies will be economies. Personally, I just find it interesting to study the economy. (I can guarantee you I've learned far more in PWI than I did in my macroeconomics class! b:shocked Laws of supply and demand just stick so much better when you see them in action and get to be part of them.)

Since I don't have much time to play while I'm in college, I'm just afk merchanting, with occasional mat farming. That way, when I do have time to play seriously, I'll have the coin for things I want/need.b:victory
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • BrawlerBarb - Heavens Tear
    BrawlerBarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

You pretty much need to have +8 or higher gear now to try to survive pvp against this last update. The only people staying are those who can afford these types of gear, or are the carebears who don't go out to pvp.

I feel sorry for those who do not understand the simple fact that clearly there are more people interested in playing no PvE servers than PvP: That's why there are more PvE servers. Either that, or PvE servers earn PWE more money, which means the PvP server folk are all noise no value. Same end result.

Maybe all the big e-Peen players on PvP servers will quit, won't that be terrible? /sarcasm.
  • Intimidator - Heavens Tear
    Intimidator - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I agree with the OP: Most of the whining about the recent rank change is motivated by nothing other than the petty attitude of some players that "others should not have something I have, or my self-worth takes a beating".

As the OP said, suck it up, and if you must leave, do it quick, we would appreciate the reduced lag and forum noise.
    edited December 2010
    Options

rank 8 is hardly all that good for some players. and for the ones that do get rank 8 they will still need to go thru the pain of upgrading it to the status you are talking about. for example the rank 8 chest is the only good thing for sins. the nirvy daggers are better then rank 8 dags if u are looking for 5 aps.

also i love how you beleive pvp servers account for the majority of the player base. reality check, PvE is actually the majority. some ppl actually like to have the option of turning pvp on or off rather then going to a pvp server that forces u into eternal pvp mode and forces you to get better gear (REGARDLESS of if this sale happened or not) and forces you to get competitive and lvl up as high as u can.

ppl dont like to have that **** forced on them. in a pvp server u are forced to stay competitive and have top line gear at all times or get PKed over and over again by ppl that are better then u because they CSed more or farmed more.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Amen, and have some tasty cookies. b:pleased

The end of it is that people will be people, and economies will be economies. Personally, I just find it interesting to study the economy. (I can guarantee you I've learned far more in PWI than I did in my macroeconomics class! b:shocked Laws of supply and demand just stick so much better when you see them in action and get to be part of them.)

Since I don't have much time to play while I'm in college, I'm just afk merchanting, with occasional mat farming. That way, when I do have time to play seriously, I'll have the coin for things I want/need.b:victory

Yay ! * noms on Bridigan homemade cookies* <,<...>.> Another Sanct veno who agrees !
    Your name sounds familair too o.o ....
    I feel sorry for those who do not understand the simple fact that clearly there are more people interested in playing no PvE servers than PvP: That's why there are more PvE servers. Either that, or PvE servers earn PWE more money, which means the PvP server folk are all noise no value. Same end result.

Maybe all the big e-Peen players on PvP servers will quit, won't that be terrible? /sarcasm.

Baaawhahaha +1

Isn't that pretty much what pvp is about ? the whole "who's is bigger and poke bigger/badder things to death with his uber powerfull stuff?"

*sidenote to pvp's: don't get me wrong not ONLY dishing out at you. i just dont get what people are whining about. Because...
    rank 8 is hardly all that good for some players. and for the ones that do get rank 8 they will still need to go thru the pain of upgrading it to the status you are talking about. for example the rank 8 chest is the only good thing for sins. the nirvy daggers are better then rank 8 dags if u are looking for 5 aps.

also i love how you beleive pvp servers account for the majority of the player base. reality check, PvE is actually the majority. some ppl actually like to have the option of turning pvp on or off rather then going to a pvp server that forces u into eternal pvp mode and forces you to get better gear (REGARDLESS of if this sale happened or not) and forces you to get competitive and lvl up as high as u can.

ppl dont like to have that **** forced on them. in a pvp server u are forced to stay competitive and have top line gear at all times or get PKed over and over again by ppl that are better then u because they CSed more or farmed more.

Love your reply, so true as well XD

And besides that, O.o if pvp and TW forces them to be competitive doesn't this crank up the bar even more ? they wanted competition, they got it. now their wining it's too much x.x

- Regardless of r8 and 9, APS will stay a fave. cause it cranks down time spent in an instance. If your attacking faster than even a game can display for crying out loud, what are you whining about ?
    Sure that only acounts for aps users BUT mybe that will throw people back to how their character is supposed to be played.

Veno's rely on your bramble a bit more, soul transfusion and stun skills more.
    Archers, PICK UP YOUR DAMN BOW and make sure they dont reach you, trust me you can do it !
    Barb's put down those claws and become hard to take down fuzzy butt's with insane defence and hp again... we miss you.
    Wizzies, Merlin wasn't the greatest wizard for sitting on his *** and combing his beard all day, YOU HAVE THE POWER !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • w34kd0g
    w34kd0g Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Game is not dead yet but pretty unbalanced ...