Sir. Archer... [Petition]

Options
124»

Comments

• AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The on i'm laughing at is the general message this whole thread once again has.

5.0's are l33t and WIN! Bm's and Sins are end game cashcows
    Archer should bend over and shake it like a BM
    Wizzy's need to hang their weapon on a weepingwillow and grow a merlin beard cause they dont have 5.0
    barb's are degraded to buff machine's and being told off for roaring and told to miauw again. or put into the crossdressing corner of Clawbarian/bowbarian.

But when all of the above fails it's the cleric's fault for not being fast enough to catch up, funny how they are still the slowest classes, if only measured by running speed !?
    You pull aggro ? YOU pot and wait for heals.
    You die cause YOU didn't pot or backed up your big dd'ing **** with gear or knowhow to survive a few hits... YOU WAIT, ask nicely or go to town.

One side of the medal...

Other side of the medal is...

How is it that now alot of people bash on people trying something new, this being the claws on an archer and being new to the 'larger" population.. WHEN in fact 5.0's was something NEW back then and needed TRYING out.
    i laugh at 5.0's laughing at people TRYING to add up to that dd and speed cause that's pretty much calling the cettle deep and darkest black...

A new twist to the game requires other people to try different things too to be able to run along
    it takes time. it takes failure and different options. it's try and error !
    JUST like it was first done with the 5.0's...

SO !
    Instead of trying to make every class, except for bm's and sins and maybe a clawarcher( so it seems), seem useless in an instance, bear with them as the one's before you did with your low dd'ing *** in the beginning!...
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • _iLisa_ - Lost City
    _iLisa_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    All three of them? Serious?

If the clawcher is not a heavy cash shopper, this happens. Barbs too (I will not lie, I like fist on barb, but game mechanics are not making it useful for them... also less likely, because they still have high hp), they should roll BM instead.

Arcane (no magic instruments) archers are better to squad with than fist archer because they are a RANGED class... barbs other way around since they are melee with the best HP than everyone else, still, their damage will be terrible and might as well use axes for damage.

Again, they have their own weapon, they should USE it. Not BMs weapon unless you want to spend $250+ USD.

You can max attack levels, p.atk for axe on archer too.... (No ideas please)

not true, its been proven that the benefits from poison buff of a barb makes them better with fists than fist bms with fist mastery
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The on i'm laughing at is the general message this whole thread once again has.

5.0's are l33t and WIN! Bm's and Sins are end game cashcows
    Archer should bend over and shake it like a BM
    Wizzy's need to hang their weapon on a weepingwillow and grow a merlin beard cause they dont have 5.0
    barb's are degraded to buff machine's and being told off for roaring and told to miauw again. or put into the crossdressing corner of Clawbarian/bowbarian.

But when all of the above fails it's the cleric's fault for not being fast enough to catch up, funny how they are still the slowest classes, if only measured by running speed !?
    You pull aggro ? YOU pot and wait for heals.
    You die cause YOU didn't pot or backed up your big dd'ing **** with gear or knowhow to survive a few hits... YOU WAIT, ask nicely or go to town.

One side of the medal...

Other side of the medal is...

How is it that now alot of people bash on people trying something new, this being the claws on an archer and being new to the 'larger" population.. WHEN in fact 5.0's was something NEW back then and needed TRYING out.
    i laugh at 5.0's laughing at people TRYING to add up to that dd and speed cause that's pretty much calling the cettle deep and darkest black...

A new twist to the game requires other people to try different things too to be able to run along
    it takes time. it takes failure and different options. it's try and error !
    JUST like it was first done with the 5.0's...

SO !
    Instead of trying to make every class, except for bm's and sins and maybe a clawarcher( so it seems), seem useless in an instance, bear with them as the one's before you did with your low dd'ing *** in the beginning!...

/thread
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    not true, its been proven that the benefits from poison buff of a barb makes them better with fists than fist bms with fist mastery

Actually, I think it was something more like a self buffed demon barb fractionally out-damages a self buffed demon BM. (basically fist mastery vs demon poison fang+demon strength of titans). Add SoTT to a BM and BM will win on DPS. But I'll let an archer confirm on me on that one.

Didn't all the responses but I kinda half agree with the OP and half don't.

Fists on archers is all great, more versatility and options is never a bad thing. If a weapon is effective, use it. Same for claw-barbs. Nothing against it at all.

However

LA is the worst armor in the game and archers are not initially built to tank hp/self-buff wise. If you're going to add claws make sure you fully research into their capabilities rather than going crazy over having 5.0 and hitting stuff. If you're gonna have a DPS that will steal agro, prepare to either survive or have methods to cut DD if you can't. Same for sins.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

With self buffs 30% damage more damage at lvl 10, fist mastery gives a bonus of 60% damage which is half. Fist mastery have double weapon damage bonus.

With same crit, same p.atk and earth elemental in PVE, or increased DEF or low against lower wood defense. Normal attacks only, I would like to see it. 30% of wood element on weapon vs 60% p.atk bonus on weapons. I really would like to see it in action. Right now it seems wood damage, only works on earth element or increased def. Try that on wood or increased m.def. BMs can just use dark river toxins at the right timing for the same purpose, anyone can use element attack apoth.

Combined with self buffs on earth element should be 60% bonus damage, no difference.

BMs have 80% fire element bonus on lvl10 dragon breath bash, not even demon poison fang have that much on wood.

I use apoth a lot, it is element, does not mean it would effect on most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    All I will say pretty much is this:

1. If archers want to use claws let them, just dont whine of being 2-3 hit.
    2. Have fun while 5 aps is still available (just expect it to be nerfed as it has been said by PWC)
    3. If you're gonna run around with 5 aps stealing aggro here and there, atleast get decent gear and a bunch of pots because most clerics will not heal you in time if they don't have -% channeling

b:bye

@AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary: true enough.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    All I will say pretty much is this:

1. If archers want to use claws let them, just dont whine of being 2-3 hit.
    2. Have fun while 5 aps is still available (just expect it to be nerfed as it has been said by PWC)
    3. If you're gonna run around with 5 aps stealing aggro here and there, atleast get decent gear and a bunch of pots because most clerics will not heal you in time if they don't have -% channeling

b:bye

@AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary: true enough.

Radiance ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    anyone else get the feeling that Yulk is like Glenn Beck?

he obviously spouts bull **** but you get the feeling that some poor sap listens to him anyways?