Sir. Archer... [Petition]

Yamiino - Heavens Tear
Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Sir. Archer,

Please stop using claws in nirvana since you die within 3 hits and get your bow out.

Thank you.
WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
Post edited by Yamiino - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Masuna - Harshlands
    Masuna - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sir. Cleric,

Please stop asking for 5.0 aps only for nirvana squads and get wizzies in there too

Thank you.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Can i go into nirvana im 5.0?b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sir. Cleric,

Please stop asking for 5.0 aps only for nirvana squads and get wizzies in there too

Thank you.

marry me? b:cute
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Sir. Cleric,

Thank you.

*cough* someone did not get the message.

Hint: I'm actually in favour of taking other classes than a bunch 5 aps showoffs. Hence the message says use your bow not 5 aps. Hope it's clear now.

b:bye
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My fellow cleric,

Understand that, in this version, it's all about getting things done as quickly as possible. It may not be the safest way, but it is effective.

That being said...I do wish that those Squishy McTwo-Shots would not moan about their ******n exp when they die like little *******.

Signed,
    Eo

P.S. Not all 5aps people are show-offs and I love them greatly for what they bring to most any instance run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sir. Archer,

Please stop using claws in nirvana since you die within 3 hits and get your bow out.

Thank you.

Not all 5.0 aps archers are squishies. A well prepared archer (with modest non-Nirvana gears) can tank nirvana bosses with just a handful of hp foods and defense charms, and with no cleric healing if hp charmed. The failed archers you encountered does not represent or define what the archer class is incapable of.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sir cleric, can i get in your squad, I'm 2.5.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sir Cleric, have you actually tried healing the archer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Try using sage vanguard or demon stream. I have heard of pretty average geared archers tanking nirv fine with a good cleric. Nirv isnt really all that demanding.

Most 5.0 archers have good gear and a few of us have even tanked Harpy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    nobody said you cant do a barb + range DD + cleric nirvana squad.
    and if you take an archer that hits hard enough to be a factor with a bow compared to damage output of bms, the archer pulling agro and range DDing will slow things down considerably.

learn how to build a squad? 5 people who all have pretty much the same damage output are gonna bounce agro around, if all of them arent able to take a couple hits without IH stacked, but they will because their damage is equal to everyone else's you built your squad wrong, unless nobody is worried about dying, then no big deal.

tanks with lower damage output will lose agro to DDs with higher damage output, its the same things with traditional barbs v. 4/5 APS BMs, as it is with BMs v. sins or archers (depending on their weapon and its refines.

and if you wanna be an APS monster, dont jam all your money into your weapon, if you dont have the armor to deal with the agro you are insuring you will pull by putting yourself out of balance.

what kind of baby cries over xp loss once they hit 100?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sir. Archer,

Thank you.

You know funny thing is, I prefer to use my bow. However, it seems that parties prefer I have 5 aps. So why don't you tell the REST of the squad to invite archers who actually use bows before you make demands of archers, hm? Doesn't make sense to ask that archers don't use claws and then refuse to take them on runs because they don't have as much dps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I use to run with that 5 aps archer with only close to 5k hp unbuffed. It's always quite entertaining - even for my cleric wife. But with demon res it's not really an issue. And he uses shells, top and food. He wouldn't complain about exp tho anyway, he knows that his hp is a joke. b:laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sir. Archer,

Thank you.

If some archer with no hp is tanking your Nirvana, then that's the first indication that your squad blows.

Usually such archers don't even have good weapons, and count on higher DDs to tank. If they are tanking, then that means the rest of your squad would probably spend an hour in there otherwise. lol

Or find a ******n barb ~6k hp unbuffed --> 8k+ hp barb buffed.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nirvana gives horrible players a chance to farm and make money relatively successfully. If someone dies from taking aggro in Nirvana, they probably deserve it.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nirvana gives horrible players a chance to farm and make money relatively successfully. If someone dies from taking aggro in Nirvana, they probably deserve it.

Well, having low hp does not necessarily mean you are a horrible player. It's understandable that people maximize their aps first and then take care of hp. Squads usually rather take the squishy 5 aps than the 3.33 with enough surviveability to back it up - especially when it comes to archers, since BMs can always HF etc. But I do agree that you sometimes encounter horrible players in NV - with or without good gear.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Being a squishy 5 aps with mid refines is more attractive than working on hp first precisely because most squads that take you have at least one high DD that can actually tank. You would just have to DD your best and survive 1-2 random aggro hits before someone else with a better weapon and more hp can take it back.

If you +10 your claws but have 5k hp though...well...sucks to be you lol.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I always prefer archers use claws instead of bows, especially if the archer is 5.0. There are a couple of archers that I even have tank the instance. Learn to heal more than one person b:bye
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Sir Cleric, Barb, BM, Wizard, Psy, Sin

Please stop shouting at me when I use my bow b:sad
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Funny thing is that i have 42% channeling and 62% channeling with magic shell (which I use a lot), yet they die even with stream, ITS NOT fast enough to heal those squishies up D: with 62% channeling?, there IS a problem, thats something to talk about.

Idk about the archers that can tank, never seen one in my nirvana grinding. However, when I join a squad with archers in it I just expect the worse... its weird to find an archer that uses bows in there nowadays and whenever I see it I wanna hug em lol.

I'm glad that I got sage revive, and with magic shell its fast enough (just like demon revive + the range of sage) so people dont lose exp when they die.

Right now I'm in the xWaRx faction, and whenever the people in there see me asking for nirv, they always ask "what dps do you accept?" and I always say "I don't care of DPS as long as its done".

SO, in conclusion, GET WIZZIES they do good d. damage, get psychics in there, they can do some good bunch of damage, get archers that actually use bows!, get barbs with good tanking skills!, get BMs with 3.33- DPS instead of looking for a 4-5 aps one for 1 hr. You could have done the nirv within 1 hr with a 3.33- gosh!

Sure it is not as fast, but hey, if you go in instances and kill everything in less than a minute and don't even talk... where's the fun? O_o sure you get money faster, but... seriously? what a pitty for all of you rushers.

@Tojop:
    Lmao, you should watch me, I can heal while purifying, while buffing my self, while debuffing, while squad healing, while watching tv, and eating, pet'ing my dog.

Squad heal that casts in around 1 second is not enough to heal a 3 hit squishy (yet they complain of their charms which is funny). If that's not good enough then there's a problem.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    its weird to find an archer that uses bows in there nowadays and whenever I see it I wanna hug em lol.

you like killing bosses slower?
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    you like killing bosses slower?

Actually yes, I like smooth squads if you are going to go in there more than once, instead of those head crushing whiner squads with a bunch of wanna-be bms. I can wait 10 more minutes to finish it smoothly than saving those 10 minutes (which is not a lot imo...) having a headache at the end of the run.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Actually yes, I like smooth squads if you are going to go in there more than once, instead of those head crushing whiner squads with a bunch of wanna-be bms. I can wait 10 more minutes to finish it smoothly than saving those 10 minutes (which is not a lot imo...) having a headache at the end of the run.

then form your own squad and say 2.0 aps or less only. I'm sure you'll get lots of people.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    then form your own squad and say 2.0 aps or less only. I'm sure you'll get lots of people.

The sad thing is that whenever I ask for example in faction, they don't reply.

I want to make a sin with 5 dps for pk :P those are fun for sure atleast on cleric I hate them a lot when they ninja me QQ lol
  • zeyar
    zeyar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010

i did tank Nirv as 5aps archer with 6k HP and without BM or Barb buff cos there was none in squad, 1 cleric, smoothly

no, the aps squads is not faster by 10 mins, its much more. Regular aps squad do 1 nirvana run in 20mins, there r some uber runs with uber DDs do it in 15 mins or less
    by the time ur normal Barb tanking bow using squad finish 1 run, aps squad done 2 ;)
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Idk, stop squadding with fail archers is about all I can tell you. By the way, if the archer is getting 3 shot by a boss, that's enough time to at least wellspring (unless you're including wellspring in the 3 shot kill, I guess).
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    zeyar wrote: »
    i did tank Nirv as 5aps archer with 6k HP and without BM or Barb buff cos there was none in squad, 1 cleric, smoothly

no, the aps squads is not faster by 10 mins, its much more. Regular aps squad do 1 nirvana run in 20mins, there r some uber runs with uber DDs do it in 15 mins or less
    by the time ur normal Barb tanking bow using squad finish 1 run, aps squad done 2 ;)

Your math doesnt add up.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sir PWI ....fix the flippin classes. Make it worthwhile for archers to use ranged weapons other than during barrage in TW.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Sir PWI ....fix the flippin classes. Make it worthwhile for archers to use ranged weapons other than during barrage in TW.

^ this b:thanksb:victory
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^ this b:thanksb:victory

uum not really.

the reason that archer dont use bows is that they have higher DPS this way
    to make them use bows PWI should raise the DPS of archers with bow or lower the DPS of bms/sins/barbs with fists.

either way, the dmg would be similar and therefore the archer will steal aggro (if he cant control it) unless there is a barb to tank with aggro skills (+5aps dmg? dunno)
    still the archer should be able to control his aggro since there isnt exactly a barb skill "hold all aggro"

so, in the end the problem is aggro control.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Today we had a talk in faction chat about capping the aps. I thought, if there really is going to be a cap for example on 3, are the archers going to switch back to bow ?
    This will make me happy.