Interval Progression...best path to 4/5aps

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well yes. It does set the difference between 5 APS and 4 APS. However, I'd think that a +7 Hitman Legend at 4 APS hits harder than a +0 Barrier Thorn: Nirvana at 5 APS. And besides, sins get permaspark easily even without being 4-5 APS.

And no matter what weapon you use, Ocean Supreme Armor is the final endgame chest plate. The "extra" -0.05 would allow Barrier Thorn users to swap either ornaments for Warsong and Cube, or it'd allow Hitman Legend users the coveted 5 aps.
    This is trueb:laugh
    We're nit-picking over CS options that we'll never be able to achieve.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This is trueb:laugh
    We're nit-picking over CS options that we'll never be able to achieve.

Who knows, 6 months of merchanting teles and maybe I'll be able to get something. I do plan to hang around on 80 for pretty much the rest of the year. Reasons being I want the 1.82 APS and when I got that, I'm going to do PQ until I got 1,000 medals. After that, I'll be 83 instantly. And I got a long Christmas holiday during which I won't be able to play PWI.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    I plan on doing pretty much the same thing you are doing now, but at 90.
    SOOOOO much to farm for:

General's Bracers
    Skywalker Boots
    Windrider Armor
    Belt of Earth
    Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade (which my faction is helping me with as I'm the main sin there and a marshal)
    Tale of Dolt
    Warsoul of Earth
    Lots of Flawless Citrines for now, then Immacs sometime down the road
    Perfect Garnets for daggers
    Orbs to get all my gear to at least +2, and daggers to +5
    Not to mention my skills @_@

That being said, you'll more than have the chance to catchup with, more likely surpass, me in level.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to cleaningb:cold
    See you around, brob:bye
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Who knows, 6 months of merchanting teles and maybe I'll be able to get something. I do plan to hang around on 80 for pretty much the rest of the year. Reasons being I want the 1.82 APS and when I got that, I'm going to do PQ until I got 1,000 medals. After that, I'll be 83 instantly. And I got a long Christmas holiday during which I won't be able to play PWI.

time it takes to farm 1k medals: ~1-2weeks

time it takes to hyper 80-83 w/ frosts: ~4-5 runs ~6-10 hours
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    time it takes to farm 1k medals: ~1-2weeks

time it takes to hyper 80-83 w/ frosts: ~4-5 runs ~6-10 hours

Not the point. I'll just pull it off to say I've done it. And besides, I have no reason to hurry to 90.

And the 1-2 weeks weeks would mean that you're getting at least 71 medals a day. That's 6-7 PQs a day.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I shall write a quick messy guide on which -int. gears you'll be using first.

Your first interval Piece will most likely be HH80 Daggers Hook & Thorns which has -.05 interval. <--- stick to using this over hh90/99 daggers for a while if you're planning to gather up interval. Your 2nd piece will most likely be a 54-74 bracer, lvl 80 gold hh bracer w/ -.05 interval, hh90 gold bracers w/ -.10 interval @ around 8-12m or LVL 60 DQ bracers w/ -.10 interval around same price as hh90 gold. Your Third interval piece is probably your LA Rank 4 chest, after you get 5k rep, Your fourth piece will most likely be the Wing Trophy Lunar Glade Cape if you ever happen to save/farm enough around 40-50m since it's lvl. req. is 90. After farming for another long long long time, You'll eventually level up to around 99 where the next interval pieces become available. Fifth ) 2x HH99 LA & 2x HA bonus each gives -.05 interval. At this Point you have a total of -.30 interval assuming you have hh99 bracer replacing your last -int. bracers, You are now at 2.86 aps sparked (assuming you're a demon sin). Your next interval piece will be another 100m+ or 200m+ depending on which gear b:shocked. Nv 2nd cast leggings will have -.05 int. at around 100-120m. -.05 Tome is 150-200m+, your last -.05 interval you'll need for 5aps assuming you're still using Hook & Thorns w/ dagger comes from the 1st cast NV Daggers that has -.10 interval. As you can see.... It'll take you a b:surrender Super loooo~oonng... time if you choose to farm $ for these gears. But Farming at 2.00-2.86aps is also very good for dd~ing since daggers deal so much dmg =)

Don't be too discouraged... LOL Most people don't even reach 5.0 being a sin b:sad
    You could also.. Like I've chosen to.. Farm PVE $ as a 5.0 CV claw sin until you have enough to sell your claws & buy all the raps for a NV Daggerb:laugh
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well, the averages from those numbers are 1,511 and 1,540. However, since Hitman Legend is always 2 sockets, you can add +75 damage, which would bring it to 1,586. That'd be ~3% more DPH. And Hitman Legend is available earlier.

However, pre-Nirvana, Hitman Legend reigns supreme.

Well, maybe I'll have them both by the end of next week. Something like that.

You never bother to factor in the rank 8 you are REQUIRED to get just to hit 3.33 with hitman legends? You only need rank 4 to hit 5.0 with nirvana daggers. That's an extra 650m-750m you just tacked on by not having that extra -.05 on your daggers, not to mention you can only get 3.33, while I can get 5.0. I can get my nirvana daggers +12 with 2 drakeflames for 650m and still have 100m left over. Nirvana daggers are by far better in the overall picture.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    its good to know I've been on the right track. Should I refine my Hook and Thorn daggers higher than +2? I wasn't aware I would be using them for so long.

Now to finish up my bracers and work on that robe before 90...

thank you everyone! b:thanks
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Unless you plan to turn them into Barrier Thorn*Gut Breaker before you have the raptures to recast into NV, I'd say refine them between +3 and +5.
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Unless you plan to turn them into Barrier Thorn*Gut Breaker before you have the raptures to recast into NV, I'd say refine them between +3 and +5.

I'd agree with that. Mine were +2 until I got my nirvana daggers xD.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    its good to know I've been on the right track. Should I refine my Hook and Thorn daggers higher than +2? I wasn't aware I would be using them for so long.

Now to finish up my bracers and work on that robe before 90...

thank you everyone! b:thanks

My principle on refines is the following:
    +1 or +2 for gear that I plan to use until 90
    +3-5 for gear I plan to use until high 9x/Nirvana

Personally, I'll be going +5 with 2 immaculates on my Hook and Thorn, whereas currently they are +3 with 2 flawlesses.

You'll be pretty much using Hook and Thorn until you get the Raptures for Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. If you plan to aoe a lot, you might want to think of Ghost Cry Thorn or Unconsciousness, as they have higher DPH than Hook and Thorn.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    My principle on refines is the following:
    +1 or +2 for gear that I plan to use until 90
    +3-5 for gear I plan to use until high 9x/Nirvana

Personally, I'll be going +5 with 2 immaculates on my Hook and Thorn, whereas currently they are +3 with 2 flawlesses.

You'll be pretty much using Hook and Thorn until you get the Raptures for Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. If you plan to aoe a lot, you might want to think of Ghost Cry Thorn or Unconsciousness, as they have higher DPH than Hook and Thorn.

+5 is to much money to be spending on something of such a low TT80 grade, +3 is more then enough. the 2 immaculates I can see though.

For the FC/Lunar daggers it all depends on how much interval the OP can get. If they can pretty much get all that they can at level 90 then I'd just ride out the H&T until nirvana. I'd rather put the cost of the FC/Lunar daggers towards raptures and jump start getting those.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• LeiMai - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    I just want to say I'm not totally focused on interval, I'll be going sage in a few levels. Until I got my second piece, I really didn't think it was a big deal and people were creating a big huff about something that wouldn't make much of a difference.

Now I've learned that -int gear does make a difference, even with my goals which are a fair bit different than most sins (at least thats the impression I get). If a set of daggers with better DPH would serve me better, I'd use them. I currently use two sets of daggers and two different chest pieces depending on whats happening/my squad.

Right now I have:
    Rank IV Chest, 3 flawless +2
    ☆Hook and Thorn, 2 immac +2

At 90 I'll be adding:
    TT90 Gold LA bracers
    And ideally, lunar cape. But that will require luck, or figuring out how/if the trophy mode works.

And continue working on accumulating rep...5600 down...I don't even want to think about how much to go b:laugh

What do you guys think is the best/most cost effective way to go to +3 or +4 with my daggers? I've got horrible refining luck. I'd rather not try to remember how many mirages it took me to get them to +2.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Lunar trophy mode had been removed, but there is another -int lunar cape you can make...but it's lvl 95 as with all lunar gear.
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    I just want to say I'm not totally focused on interval, I'll be going sage in a few levels. Until I got my second piece, I really didn't think it was a big deal and people were creating a big huff about something that wouldn't make much of a difference.

Now I've learned that -int gear does make a difference, even with my goals which are a fair bit different than most sins (at least thats the impression I get). If a set of daggers with better DPH would serve me better, I'd use them. I currently use two sets of daggers and two different chest pieces depending on whats happening/my squad.

Right now I have:
    Rank IV Chest, 3 flawless +2
    ☆Hook and Thorn, 2 immac +2

At 90 I'll be adding:
    TT90 Gold LA bracers
    And ideally, lunar cape. But that will require luck, or figuring out how/if the trophy mode works.

And continue working on accumulating rep...5600 down...I don't even want to think about how much to go b:laugh

What do you guys think is the best/most cost effective way to go to +3 or +4 with my daggers? I've got horrible refining luck. I'd rather not try to remember how many mirages it took me to get them to +2.

You cannot get trophy mode cape. The only -int cape you can get now is from packs which is a level 90 cape with -.05 int on it. Lunar Glade-Wing Trophy is what you use and you turn that into the PW boutique Agent to get the cape. they are going to run you about 40m ish (depending on server).

I honestly wouldn't worry about rep anymore. You have the -.05 that will work until you focus on other gear.

Since you are going sage, I would look at upgrading daggers to lunar/FC (fc daggers i'd suggest over lunar for the cost).

I'd simply only use mirages to get daggers to +3 and you should be fine. It might take a few but that's honestly the best way. But with you going sage and probably better off with FC daggers that you can wear now or lunar daggers in 10 levels, I would just keep the daggers at +2.
    Lunar trophy mode had been removed, but there is another -int lunar cape you can make...but it's lvl 95 as with all lunar gear.

there is no -int cape at 95, just the one from packs which is lvl 90.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010

☆Lunar*Mantle of Radiance
    Go look in the Lunar forges again...it's there b:bye
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010

Missed that one but you'd be spending 40m on runs just to TRY and get the gold mats, holy ****. I'd rather sell off the 120m in gold mats buy the level 90 one for 40m and still have 80m to spend on say...raptures? The 90 one has better stats anyway. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Missed that one but you'd be spending 40m on runs just to TRY and get the gold mats, holy ****. I'd rather sell off the 120m in gold mats buy the level 90 one for 40m and still have 80m to spend on say...raptures? The 90 one has better stats anyway. b:bye
    Don't get smart with me. I simply stated that there was another cape, and you said there wasn't. b:bye
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Don't get smart with me. I simply stated that there was another cape, and you said there wasn't. b:bye

There's a reason no one talks about it, considers it, or has it. b:pleased
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Regardless, it exists.
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    There is no need to suggest something to someone who doesn't know any better when there are much better options out there.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• LeiMai - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    I'm just going to get the packs one, its around 40-50mil on my server...something like that lol. maybe i'll get lucky b:victory it will take less time/be less aggravating than trying to get squads to farm the other one.

and I know it existed before this, but its not really a practical option for me.
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2010

kitamura uses it. ijs
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    kitamura uses it. ijs

He was probably so bored he went and farmed it as something else to farm, LOL. He's crazy when it comes to farming things. b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    It matters not the reason. The point is you have been wrong twice now.
    b:chuckle
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Him having it doesn't mean he talks about it being the thing to go get, being logical in something to get, or him actually needing it, so nope wasn't wrong. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Him having it doesn't mean he talks about it being the thing to go get,
    being logical in something to get, or him actually needing it, so nope wasn't wrong. b:bye
    Fallacy #1
    Correction
    Fallacy #2
    Correction
    kitamura uses it. ijs

I'm sorry, what were you saying?
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Fallacy #1

Correction

Fallacy #2

Correction

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

I said I wasn't wrong about your last assumption.

First "fallacy" I even stated in my post I missed that robe, try and read next time.

The second fallacy wasn't wrong, not a single person on my server has it, wants it, or talks about it.... b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    There's a reason no one talks about it, considers it, or has it on my server. b:pleased
    Fixedb:bye
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Fixedb:bye

I find it funny enough you even suggested a robe that cost 3x more then the lunar wing trophy (on top of that you didn't even mention the lunar wing trophy).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary