Interval Progression...best path to 4/5aps

LeiMai - Raging Tide
LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Assassin
I've tried reading all the threads on interval, but it seems to be 99% about end game gear, and fighting over Sage vs Demon and stuff.

I'm wondering about the progression of interval gear, in a practical way. Nothing to do with sage/demon/spark, just gear. Where do you start? What is the best order to get your end game pieces in? What can you use along the way?

Where should you start, and where to go from there? Which end game pieces should you get first? I know alot of -int gear is extremely expensive, so whats the most cost effective way to end game? Are there pieces you should skip, because they just aren't worth it?

Everyone has different but mostly reasonable opinions around here b:thanks so it would be nice to get people's personal opinions, maybe what they did/are doing. If its specific advice for me, I don't really PvP, plan to go sage, and work in squads alot. I am more towards survivability than the highest possible amount of damage I can get...more balanced than some people decide to go b:chuckle working ok so far!
Post edited by LeiMai - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well, I'd go with level requirement first, then cost and put them in that order.

In that order, they'd be:
    Energetic Robe: Wraithgate
    Rank 4 armor
    TT99 Necklace + Belt
    TT99 Wrists + boots
    Nirvana Leggings
    Barrier Thorn: Nirvana
    Pan Gu, Creator
    Ocean Supreme Armor

There are a few variablities in there:
    1. Wraithgate Robe is cheaper than Lunar by far, and it's available on level 60. If you cannot get it, then you go for the Lunar Robe. In this case, it comes after Rank 4 armor and before the others.
    2. TT99 Wrists and Boots lose to TT99 Ornaments only if you're already using a wrist with -0.1 interval on it. If not, get the wrist and boots first.
    3. Barrier Thorn: Nirvana might be more expensive than Pan Gu, Creator depending on the current prices. However, Pan Gu is only an earlier option if you already have a dagger with -interval, such as Hitman Legend or Hook and Thorn. Otherwise, Barrier Thorn wins always for having -0.1
    4. Getting Ocean Supreme armor isn't necessary, but it will allow you either 4 aps unsparked or you to swap some items, such as your necklace and belt for cube and warsong, or your wrist and boots for nirvana and event boots. Or Hitman Legend instead of Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. Or some other tome.

If you went only by level requirements, Pan Gu, Creator would be first on the list as tomes don't have level requirements. However, it's far too expensive to be a priority before having the others, so if you happen to have it but not the others, it'd be preferable for you to sell it to get something else in its place.

Also, notably, you can only get a maximum of 2.0 aps unsparked pre-99 and only 2.86 aps unsparked pre-100. Sparked, those numbers would be 2.86 and 4 aps, respectively.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    What would you do before that though? Anything for 8x and 9x pre TT99? How much rep does the Rank 4 armor require? And how long would you use Hook and Thorn for?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    How much work is the wraith gate cape?

I would go with lvl req and in terms of cost. Cheap ones first of course.

Bracers of Bloodmoon - by far the cheapest or one of the cheapest interval gears in terms of coins/-0.05.

Rank 4 - (5000-your rep)/25*(8*10000)

Hook and Thorn - A couple of mil and also on the path to Nirvana daggers

Lunar cape - If farming wraith cape isn't an option

TT99 wrists + boots - I put this before neck and belt because both set cost about the same, but at this point, you can sell your Bloodmoon bracers to get some money back.

TT99 neck + belt

Nirvana legs

Tome

Rank 8...?

Hook and Thorn actually out DPS TT99 even up to both +7 with the refine difference so I'd use either that or FC daggers til Nirvana.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What would you do before that though? Anything for 8x and 9x pre TT99? How much rep does the Rank 4 armor require? And how long would you use Hook and Thorn for?

As you'll probably notice I am not an assassin, but I do have one, and I do tend to plan out ahead a lot. It's 76 atm.

What I intend to do for my assassin is to get the following:

TT80 Hook and thorn (GREEN) daggers which adds -.05 interval

The rank 4 (I believe) Level 60 5k rep Light armor which also adds -.05 interval

The tt90 gold LA wristguards which adds on -.10 interval.

Which I fully expect to come long before my second piece of - interval for my BM. D: Also far FAR cheaper, then the stuff for my bm.

Also for the record at 200k rep assassins get another chest piece that adds on -.10 interval if I looked at it right. =x lol

One more I would go for the gear/levels first, should be far easier to obtain then reputation especially if you don't cash shop/don't have a main to feed your assassin reputation via account stash/warsong emblems through the mail.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Don't get TT90 gold bracers. Bloodmoon is about 8-10 mil, slightly more than 90 gold, but you can resell later and it has more p def than 90 gold. Where as 90 gold bracers are just wasted once you get 99.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Don't get TT90 gold bracers. Bloodmoon is about 8-10 mil, slightly more than 90 gold, but you can resell later and it has more p def than 90 gold. Where as 90 gold bracers are just wasted once you get 99.

<3 Aye can definitely resell those later, and meh tt90 gold bracers on dreamweaver are about 9-10m, slightly different prices, as for the prices of the bloodmoons I can't say, haven't really seen any around on my server. Being unable to resell the tt90 wristguards once they are equipped is definitely a downside, however I still prefer them over the other wristguards with -.10 interval. namely for the reason I listed below.

I can't really justify spending more on the tt99 gold bracers when they are the same interval as their tt90 counterpart, the same goes for the nirvana wristguard counterparts of the tt99 wristguards. I do realize that their are other benefits then just the -.10 interval add on, but meh that is what I am after, so why not make it as cheaply as possible? (especially since they are already equipped)

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010

I can't really justify spending more on the tt99 gold bracers when they are the same interval as their tt90 counterpart, the same goes for the nirvana wristguard counterparts of the tt99 wristguards. I do realize that their are other benefits then just the -.10 interval add on, but meh that is what I am after, so why not make it as cheaply as possible? (especially since they are already equipped)

Because 99 is only about 13 mil. With a few more mil, you get the higher resists, more HP from refine, but most importantly to complete the set bonus. Two TT99 LA pieces gives you -0.05 interval. If you are going for Nirvana pants then you really don't have other option for the second piece of TT99 to go with boots if you are going to get 99 HA ornaments for the other set bonus of -0.05.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Because 99 is only about 13 mil. With a few more mil, you get the higher resists, more HP from refine, but most importantly to complete the set bonus. Two TT99 LA pieces gives you -0.05 interval. If you are going for Nirvana pants then you really don't have other option for the second piece of TT99 to go with boots if you are going to get 99 HA ornaments for the other set bonus of -0.05.
    O-o I did not know about that with the LA pieces.... great... another reason to envy assassins/archers QQ. D:

Excuse me while I go sulk in my dark corner. <<

In all seriousness that is good to know, thanks for the advice. Tempted to do that for my assassin when it reaches 90.... MOAR - int ftw!!!

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    O-o I did not know about that with the LA pieces.... great... another reason to envy assassins/archers QQ. D:

Excuse me while I go sulk in my dark corner. <<

In all seriousness that is good to know, thanks for the advice. Tempted to do that for my assassin when it reaches 90.... MOAR - int ftw!!!

The HA gets the same bonus. Any two pieces of Lionheart or Ashura armor gives you -0.05, this includes ornaments. So if you have 2 pieces of TT99 LA and HA, you get -0.1 interval from having both set bonus.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    How much work is the wraith gate cape?

8 Gold medals from Wraithgate. You can do the quest multiple times in a row and it takes like 15 minutes or less per run, so you can easily farm it in a day. The only problem is that only characters between 60 and 80 can get the gold medals.

Really, if you know high level people, you can easily get the cape within a day, since most of the trouble is actually finding willing and able high lvl DDs to fill in the two extra slots. That and a barb that doesn't die pulling 20-30 mobs.
    Hook and Thorn actually out DPS TT99 even up to both +7 with the refine difference so I'd use either that or FC daggers til Nirvana.

Actually, yesterday I was playing around with PWCalc and I found out that with a few pieces of gear specifically aimed at raising +patk, such as Band from Heaven's Jail and a +dex tome, Fiery Scale, the TT99 that Hook and Thorn becomes, will have about 1-2% higher DPS, both weapons +5, H&T sharded with 2 Immaculates, Fiery Scale with 1. But then that rises the question whether that 1-2% is really worth the cost of turning Hook and Thorn into Fiery Scale and then +5'ing it. That's got to cost at least a few millions, which you could put into making the other gear better.

And with the same +5 and Ring of Heavenly Lords, I found that the Frost daggers have a few hundreds points of less DPS, but should make up for it with their proc and the higher DPH.

In a sense, Hook and Thorn is to Assassin's what Wind and the Clouds is to Archers: A good, easy-to-access interval weapon that can potentially out-DPS a lot of things. However, out-DPSing starts to look insignificant when the amount of DPH you deal is utterly pathetic.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    The HA gets the same bonus. Any two pieces of Lionheart or Ashura armor gives you -0.05, this includes ornaments. So if you have 2 pieces of TT99 LA and HA, you get -0.1 interval from having both set bonus.

O-o *grabs popcorn* sounds like decent interval may be within my reach a lot more then I just recently thought, and I kind of suspected that with the HA set, but I really didn't want to take the chances of it being different, it is nice to know that they didn't drastically change the effects of the tt99 armor. Annoying still to know that assassins, and archers can get the rank chest with the - interval. =x

EDIT: Ok so it may be more that I am jealous, and annoyed, but still... QQ. =x lol

Thanks for the info. :)

• LeiMai - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    I'm not doing too badly then, I have the level 60 rank chest and Hook and Thorn..are you suggesting I use the Hook and Thorn daggers until...? Right now I have those and Glowfalls, I remove my -int gear sometimes when I am in a squad. Should I even bother with setting up Backbiters to use them? Or refine Hook and Thorn further.

I'm past wraithgate now, but I've heard some people level an alt just to farm it...legit idea? Or not worth it, and easier to farm Lunar?

Isn't the bonus for two pieces of TT90 gold armor something to take into account for the bracers? +10 dex sounds nice. I asked someone and they were saying 15mil for the Blood Moon bracers on our server. I've got everything but the antennas for the 90 gold, and I have the gold pants already for the bonus. Because I'm so close to them, I think I'll have to stick to getting the gold...and put my money/time towards the lunar cape.

When does the next rank piece come along after the 5000rep/lvl 60 chest, and is it worth getting?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Keep Hook and Thorn until 100 for Nirvana, then make TT90, then cast them to make Nirvana.

Wraithgate cape is not tradable. I doubt the medals are either.

The next rank chest requires Rank VI (35k rep) ☆Windrider Armor. That may be the Archer's one, but the stats are the same.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    I'm not doing too badly then, I have the level 60 rank chest and Hook and Thorn..are you suggesting I use the Hook and Thorn daggers until...? Right now I have those and Glowfalls, I remove my -int gear sometimes when I am in a squad. Should I even bother with setting up Backbiters to use them? Or refine Hook and Thorn further.

Hook and Thorn are just about the best daggers you can get until Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. A few others might be better, but that's very setup specific and depends on your level. For example, if you are lvl 99 with lots of +patk, having a high refine on a TT99 green dagger will yield better DPS than Hook and Thorn with the same refine due to difference in +patk.
    I'm past wraithgate now, but I've heard some people level an alt just to farm it...legit idea? Or not worth it, and easier to farm Lunar?

You need to be lvl 60-80 to get Gold Medals for Wraithgate. As far as I know, Lunar TM either does not exist or is extremely hard. Not sure of which. And there's the issue that Lunar costs what, 3,000,000 to open squad mode? That plus the TM fee is gonna make the cape rather expensive on you. And it's more prone to fail due to being much more difficult.
    Isn't the bonus for two pieces of TT90 gold armor something to take into account for the bracers? +10 dex sounds nice. I asked someone and they were saying 15mil for the Blood Moon bracers on our server. I've got everything but the antennas for the 90 gold, and I have the gold pants already for the bonus. Because I'm so close to them, I think I'll have to stick to getting the gold...and put my money/time towards the lunar cape.

The 10 dex is kinda negligible, and the TT90 gold armor costs a lot. Also, you end up getting less life out of it due to more expensive socket costs.
    When does the next rank piece come along after the 5000rep/lvl 60 chest, and is it worth getting?

Rank 6 at 35,000 reputation. It's got much better defenses, G10 and the same mods, such higher than Rank 4. It's basically only worth it if you either plan to get Hitman Legend, which requires Rank 6, or if you want the extra life really bad. And even then, it's only going to be like 100 more life or so.
    Keep Hook and Thorn until 100 for Nirvana, then make TT90, then cast them to make Nirvana.

Hope you mean TT99 gold there. And yes, either keep Hook and Thorn, or make it into Backbiter. Barrier Thorn: Gutbreaker sucks, since it has no +patk nor +dex mods.
    Wraithgate cape is not tradable. I doubt the medals are either.

That's true, untradeable, but account stashable.

The next rank chest requires Rank VI (35k rep) ☆Windrider Armor. That may be the Archer's one, but the stats are the same.

Windrider is actually the Assassin one. Says it on the stats on the very page.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Hope you mean TT99 gold there. And yes, either keep Hook and Thorn, or make it into Backbiter. Barrier Thorn: Gutbreaker sucks, since it has no +patk nor +dex mods..
    Read what I wrote carefully. I said make TT90 AFTER you reach Nirvana, i.e. once you are already have the Rapture Crystals to recast them into ☆Barrier Thorn immediately.
    They may not have the best DPS overall as far as daggers go, but the thread is titled
    Interval Progression," so we are talking daggers with -int here.
    ☆☆Hitman Legend
    are a tad better with their other bonuses, but require the 35k rep of Rank VI.
    ☆☆Dark Death Thorn
    would be the only others if you managed to recast them with -int.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Read what I wrote carefully. I said make TT90 AFTER you reach Nirvana, i.e. once you are already have the Rapture Crystals to recast them into ☆Barrier Thorn immediately.
    They may not have the best DPS overall as far as daggers go, but the thread is titled
    Interval Progression," so we are talking daggers with -int here.
    ☆☆Hitman Legend
    are a tad better with their other bonuses, but require the 35k rep of Rank VI.
    ☆☆Dark Death Thorn
    would be the only others if you managed to recast them with -int.

Ideally, end-all-be-all endgame, Dark Death Thorn with +20 attack level or God of Frenzy and -0.05 interval and Rank 8. That'd give you 5 aps sparked with the best DPH in the game.

Also, Hitman Legend is vastly superior to Hook and Thorn, because Hitman Legend is G13 and always 2 sockets, plus the mods it has gives it a much higher average damage to begin with. And the actual reason most people don't go for Hitman Legend is because the Signs are bloody hard to come by and if you do, it'll most likely be some greedy **** looking to make a killing.

With Dragon Points in the game, the cost of Rank armor has gone down to drains. With some planning and friends, you can easily get Rank 6 for less than 50,000,000 coins.

OT: just another 29,120 Dragon Points and I got myself Rank 4. Also, 4 Medals to go before Energetic Robe: Wraithgate.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Both are g13 actually, and Nirvana has better refines (if the database is correct).

Hitman Legend: 555-833
    Add the bonuses: Maximum Physical Attack +154
    Maximum Physical Attack +130
    Hitman Legend: 555-1117
    Add +12 refine (+675)
    Hitman Legend: 1230-1792

Barrier Thorn*Nirvana: 603-904
    Add +12 refine (787)
    Barrier Thorn*Nirvana: 1390-1691
    Barrier Thorn*Nirvana also has a +1% crit rate bonus and a +245 HP bonus.

I don't much difference here.

OT: just another 29,120 Dragon Points and I got myself Rank 4. Also, 4 Medals to go before Energetic Robe: Wraithgate.
    Congratulationsb:victory
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Both are g13 actually, and Nirvana has better refines (if the database is correct).

Hitman Legend: 555-833
    Add the bonuses: Maximum Physical Attack +154
    Maximum Physical Attack +130
    Hitman Legend: 555-1117
    Add +12 refine (+675)
    Hitman Legend: 1230-1792

Barrier Thorn*Nirvana: 603-904
    Add +12 refine (787)
    Barrier Thorn*Nirvana: 1390-1691
    Barrier Thorn*Nirvana also has a +1% crit rate bonus and a +245 HP bonus.

I don't much difference here.

Well, the averages from those numbers are 1,511 and 1,540. However, since Hitman Legend is always 2 sockets, you can add +75 damage, which would bring it to 1,586. That'd be ~3% more DPH. And Hitman Legend is available earlier.

However, pre-Nirvana, Hitman Legend reigns supreme.
    Congratulationsb:victory

Well, maybe I'll have them both by the end of next week. Something like that.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    However, since Hitman Legend is always 2 sockets, you can add +75 damage, which would bring it to 1,586. That'd be ~3% more DPH. And Hitman Legend is available earlier.
    If one can afford the rep for Hitman, one can afford to add a second socket to Nirvana.
    Pretty much the only thing that keeps it superior. However, is someone is rich enough to CS 35k rep pre-Nirvana, they are rich enough to power-level to 100 and go with Nirvana.
    With Dragon Points in the game, the cost of Rank armor has gone down to drains.
    Tokens cost 10k. Using them, 100rep costs 320k.
    DQ81 items cost around the same price, but it'll require 34 of them to get just 25rep (340k).
    Nothing has changed for the pure CS approach here.

Granted, DQ items are directly farmable, which does give an advantage to those who farm and NPC DQs to buy tokens. 81s NPC for about 3k. So that's 34*3000 for 1000 DPs...102k. So 25rep through DPs for every 25rep through Tokens, if farmed...THERE'S certainly an option to consider.

Using this method, I could have Rank VI with 20.4k farmed DQ81s.

With DQ91s...1000/35=~29
    29*5000= 145k
    25rep via DQ per ~50rep via Tokens
    Rank VI in 17.5k DQ91s.
    (I'm subtracting the 5k rep I already have from the equation)

...Seriously though? That would take FOREVER to farm. It'd be much more efficient to stick with Rank IV or get a job and CS Rank VI.

(BTW: I have enough DPs for 250rep and enough money for 625rep b:chuckle)
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    If one an afford the rep for Hitman, one can afford to add a second socket to Nirvana.

The thing is, Barrier Thorn: Nirvana already costs more than Hitman Legend. And either way the socket is going to cost you more than it's worth: If you socket Barrier Thorn: Gutbreaker, you have to use Chienkun's to keep the socket, if you socket Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, you're looking to spending several millions for the socket.
    Tokens cost 10k. Using them, 100rep costs 320k.
    DQ81 items cost around the same price, but it'll require 34 of them to get just 25rep (340k).
    Nothing has changed for the pure CS approach here.

Um, what? You can catshop for the DQs and get them at much cheaper than buying tokens. Also, you can arrange it so that you buy all the DQs your friends get at a price above NPC price. That can easily drop the cost of Rank 6 to below 50 million.
    Granted, DQ items are directly farmable, which does give an advantage to those who farm and NPC DQs to buy tokens. 81s NPC for about 3k. So that's 34*3000 for 1000 DPs...102k. So 25rep through DPs for every 25rep through Tokens, if farmed...THERE'S certainly an option to consider.

Well, what I observed today is this:
    30 Oblivion Soups NPC for 80,400
    40 Oblivion Soups give you exactly 1,000 DP
    Conclusion: For every 40 Oblivion Soups, you get ~2.33 rep badges. Coin-wise, it's equal to buying tokens at 6.7k each.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Well, the averages from those numbers are 1,511 and 1,540. However, since Hitman Legend is always 2 sockets, you can add +75 damage, which would bring it to 1,586. That'd be ~3% more DPH. And Hitman Legend is available earlier.

So? Who cares about 3% DPH when it's much behind in DPS? As far as I know, you are going for interval Sin right?

Option one: Using sage daggers until Nirvana, which is a HUGE waste. There are 4 pairs of sage daggers on HL that I've seen and I laugh at everyone of them. One of the users is getting Nirvana I think, and his sage daggers were already +10 with 2 gems. That's hundreds of mil gone.

Option two: Using sage daggers as endgame. As far as DPS Sin goes, you'll always be far behind, unless you are getting rank 8, which will make sage and G13 daggers about the same DPS at 5 APS up to +10 at least.

Option three: Use sage daggers as endgame and be a CoD skill spammer. This is pretty much the only viable option and even then, you might want to consider G15 zerk daggers.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    I realized, after I posted, that I got the DP values mixed up. I was too busy irl to get back on and correct myself then, so I'll do so now.
    DQ81s are worth 25 DPs
    DQ91s are worth 30 DPs
    I made my previous calculations with 81s worth 30 and 91s worth 35.

So, let me try this again...

DQ81s...
    30k rep (again, I'm taking into consideration the 5k from Rank VI) / 25 rep a badge = 1.2k badges
    40 81s = 1000 DPs = 1 rep badge = 25 rep
    81s NPC for ~3k
    1 badge = 8 Tokens = ~80k
    ~27 81s = 80k = 1 rep badge = 25 rep
    LCM of 40 and 27 is 1080
    1080 81s = 27 rep badges from DPs and 40 rep badges from coins for Tokens.
    1080 81s = 67 rep badges = 1675 rep
    30k rep / 1675 rep = ~18
    18*1080 = 19,440
    19,440 DQ81s to farm Rank VI from Rank IV

DQ91s...
    DQ91s give 30 DPs
    1000 DPs / 30 DPs per 91 = ~34 91s
    34 91s = 1000 DPs = 1 rep badge = 25 rep
    91s NPC for ~5k
    1 badge = 8 Tokens = ~80k
    ~16 91s = 80k = 1 rep badge = 25 rep
    LCM of 34 and 16 = 544
    544 91s = 16 rep badges from DPs and 34 rep badges from coins for Tokens.
    544 91s = 50 rep badges = 1250 rep
    30k rep / 1250 = 24
    24*544 = 13,056
    13,056 DQ91s to farm Rank VI from Rank IV

Um, what? You can catshop for the DQs and get them at much cheaper than buying tokens.
    DQ81s sell for 10k (according to the AH at least. I couldn't find any DQ81 or 91 catshop-sellers in the short time I had to look). It takes 27 of them to get 1k DPs...270k per 25rep.
    Tokens cost ~10k. It takes 8 of them to get 1 badge...80k.

Moral of the story? Getting rep buying DQ81s costs 3.375 times as much as buying Tokens does
    (270k / 80k = 3.375).
    Also, you can arrange it so that you buy all the DQs your friends get at a price above NPC price. That can easily drop the cost of Rank 6 to below 50 million.

Unless Nirvana runs cost like Lunar runs do, you can farm it for next to nothing, and socket it for 2k stones for 2nd socket at 8k-10k a stone: 16mil-20mil, as opposed to ~50mil for Hitman.

BTW: How many Raptures are needed for ☆Barrier Thorn*Nirvana?
    ~Spazz~
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    --Accidental Double Post--
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010

BTW: How many Raptures are needed for ☆Barrier Thorn*Nirvana?

100 O_o it's shown on the bottom of the page.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    100 O_o it's shown on the bottom of the page.

Didn't see that there was more to scroll down to, LMAO. Thanks^^
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    DQ81s sell for 10k (according to the AH at least. I couldn't find any DQ81 or 91 catshop-sellers in the short time I had to look). It takes 27 of them to get 1k DPs...270k per 25rep.
    Tokens cost ~10k. It takes 8 of them to get 1 badge...80k.

Moral of the story? Getting rep buying DQ81s costs 3.375 times as much as buying Tokens does
    (270k / 80k = 3.375).

Um, I've catshopped about 70,000 DPs if not more, paying 3,500 per Oblivion Soup, making the cost of 1 rep badge 32,800 since those NPC for 2,680. And if you think it's not successful: I managed to buy about 400 of them in a day, without 2x. During 2x I got about 400-600 overnight. And that's a bit less than half the price of a Badge via tokens.
    Unless Nirvana runs cost like Lunar runs do, you can farm it for next to nothing, and socket it for 2k stones for 2nd socket at 8k-10k a stone: 16mil-20mil, as opposed to ~50mil for Hitman.

Again, Barrier Thorn: Nirvana is going to cost you about 140,000,000 whether you want it or not. Catshopping DPs and farming DQs effectively can get you Rank VI for 50,000,000 coins and I doubt that the Badges cost 90,000,000 coins either.

And the 2,000 Stones is for TT99, you're going to have to pay some Chienkuns to keep it. That's going to add to the cost and now your 2-socket Barrier Thorn: Nirvana is looking at about 160,000,000+.
    So? Who cares about 3% DPH when it's much behind in DPS? As far as I know, you are going for interval Sin right?

It's only behind in DPS if you allow them to cost the same amount. However, Hitman Legend, if you play around with DPs, is going to cost you like 50,000,000 less than Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, which can be put into other things, such as a higher refine on the weapon itself. I mean, 50,000,000 coins buys you, for example, +7 with Dragon Orbs.

And personally, I'm considering Hitman Legend if and only if I manage to get cheap DPs. Otherwise, it's not worth it. If I do, then I can chill my way through the 90s.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Um, I've catshopped about 70,000 DPs if not more, paying 3,500 per Oblivion Soup, making the cost of 1 rep badge 32,800 since those NPC for 2,680. And if you think it's not successful: I managed to buy about 400 of them in a day, without 2x. During 2x I got about 400-600 overnight. And that's a bit less than half the price of a Badge via tokens.
    I'll have to look better thenb:surrender

Again, Barrier Thorn: Nirvana is going to cost you about 140,000,000 whether you want it or not. Catshopping DPs and farming DQs effectively can get you Rank VI for 50,000,000 coins and I doubt that the Badges cost 90,000,000 coins either.
    Who said you have to buy the Raptures?

And the 2,000 Stones is for TT99, you're going to have to pay some Chienkuns to keep it. That's going to add to the cost and now your 2-socket Barrier Thorn: Nirvana is looking at about 160,000,000+.
    You're right. 2k stones is for g12, not g13. I stand corrected.

It's only behind in DPS if you allow them to cost the same amount. However, Hitman Legend, if you play around with DPs, is going to cost you like 50,000,000 less than Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, which can be put into other things, such as a higher refine on the weapon itself. I mean, 50,000,000 coins buys you, for example, +7 with Dragon Orbs.
    Point taken. Since I want to farm for Rank VI chest once I reach 90 anyway (along with a crapload of other gear), I might as well get Hitman too.
    However, ☆☆Hitman have only -0.05 int, while ☆Barrier Thorn*Nirvana have -0.1 int.
    /5char
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    I'll have to look better then

I set up a catshop on Nightscream on the location where you land when you go in from Dreamweaver, buying Oblivion Soup at 3.5k. I've been successful.
    Who said you have to buy the Raptures?

Good luck farming 100 Raptures when they're so scarce in the runs. And besides, the competition for even buying Raptures is huge.

And who said you have to buy the Reputation, either? You can farm it, too.
    Point taken. Since I want to farm for Rank VI chest once I reach 90 anyway (along with a crapload of other gear) I might as well get Hitman too.

The problem with Hitman is that the Signs are really hard to come buy.

And dear God, please don't use the red text thing. It makes it impossible to quote you. I had to copy-paste the whole quote, delete my own parts and wrap your red texts in quote tags. Just ... don't. The forum doesn't have quotes-within-quotes, so if I quoted your post, the only thing I'd get is "/5chars".
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    I set up a catshop on Nightscream on the location where you land when you go in from Dreamweaver, buying Oblivion Soup at 3.5k. I've been successful.
    Hmmmmm...
    The problem with Hitman is that the Signs are really hard to come buy.
    True...
    And dear God, please don't use the red text thing. It makes it impossible to quote you. I had to copy-paste the whole quote, delete my own parts and wrap your red texts in quote tags. Just ... don't. The forum doesn't have quotes-within-quotes, so if I quoted your post, the only thing I'd get is "/5chars".
    Either way, one of us have to work to multi-quote. I usually multi-quote anyway, though, so I'll go back to doing that. Sorry...
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    However, ☆☆Hitman have only -0.05 int, while ☆Barrier Thorn*Nirvana have -0.1 int.

Well yes. It does set the difference between 5 APS and 4 APS. However, I'd think that a +7 Hitman Legend at 4 APS hits harder than a +0 Barrier Thorn: Nirvana at 5 APS. And besides, sins get permaspark easily even without being 4-5 APS.

And no matter what weapon you use, Ocean Supreme Armor is the final endgame chest plate. The "extra" -0.05 would allow Barrier Thorn users to swap either ornaments for Warsong and Cube, or it'd allow Hitman Legend users the coveted 5 aps.