Dragon Points System is Live!

Options

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    YAY! Makeover Scroll! Rep! Chips!! :D

I love that System its great!! Realy great job! Finally im no more looked at like a lunatic for leveling via rinding and w/o doing BHs and stuff.b:laugh

Realy makes me wanna charge up zen now. :P

Great idea PWE guys who are responsible for that, just great! <3

I just hope there isnt a maximun of points earnable..b:shocked

Sorry Zairi, there is a maximum number of points earnable.

The good news is that it's a little over 2 billion b:victory
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, looks like the system gives DQ points even for some DQs that are not supposed to give points.

For example, in my logs it states that I've killed Acephalid Death Knights for Element Stones. In truth, those would be Seele Tokens from Hood of the High Seas.

Oh well, I still like the system. The extra rep is great. Not to mention that once I don't need rep anymore, I can start picking perfect stones or chips and possibly even the event gold when I need Tienkangs for refining.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Great job, haven't logged in yet but will make sure to check this out soon. The rewards do seem reasonable. Thanks Frankie and to all the people involved. b:thanks
  • Zenya - Harshlands
    Zenya - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Perfect Iron Hammer plz!!b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Be both strong in Body and Spirit, and never let your Dreams Shatter."
    ★Emperor of Perfect World★
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The rewards on offer from the DQ Points system has exceeded my expectations.

Honestly I thought the rewards would be generally pretty rubbish but making Mysterious Chip, Event gold via Demon/Sage Event Card and Wraith Officer's Badge available via the system has made me happy with it.

These rewards fit in with that I want to achieve; refine my gear to moderate levels (+5/6), achieve Rank 6 and perhaps buy gold mats via the Mysterious Merchant using Chips.

It also fits in with one of my significatn activities in game, grinding!

I could see it making players on PvP servers more inclined to go out grinding too which will in turn, make open world PvPing more prevalent. Not saying it's going to be a sea change, just a nudge in that direction.

I realise a limit of a shade over 2 billion points to paraphrase you is high and likely wouldn't be met by anyone for a long time (if ever) but I would ask, why a limit at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    so wasnt sure....is the 50k dragon points = to 50 event points or is it 5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenya - Harshlands
    Zenya - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The rewards on offer from the DQ Points system has exceeded my expectations.

Honestly I thought the rewards would be generally pretty rubbish but making Mysterious Chip, Event gold via Demon/Sage Event Card and Wraith Officer's Badge available via the system has made me happy with it.

These rewards fit in with that I want to achieve; refine my gear to moderate levels (+5/6), achieve Rank 6 and perhaps buy gold mats via the Mysterious Merchant using Chips.

It also fits in with one of my significatn activities in game, grinding!

I could see it making players on PvP servers more inclined to go out grinding too which will in turn, make open world PvPing more prevalent. Not saying it's going to be a sea change, just a nudge in that direction.

I realise a limit of a shade over 2 billion points to paraphrase you is high and likely wouldn't be met by anyone for a long time (if ever) but I would ask, why a limit at all?

I'm pretty sure that 2 billion max limit point was just a joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Be both strong in Body and Spirit, and never let your Dreams Shatter."
    ★Emperor of Perfect World★
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Or just a technical limitation of the system.

So far I'm liking the system although I only got 173 points so far. For me, event gold seems like the best thing but I'll wait to see if you add more items to be exchanged.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Lenley - Dreamweaver
    Lenley - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

It's a lot more plausible than you think. If the 2 billion number floating around is credible, it's due to the database using a 32 bit signed integer to store the amount, which allows a range of -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's a lot more plausible than you think. If the 2 billion number floating around is credible, it's due to the database using a 32 bit signed integer to store the amount, which allows a range of -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647.

out of curiosity in that case y would u use a signed int? you cant exactly have negative coinb:chuckle

if you can i'ma go max out my credit limit and buy stuffb:chuckle

though this is the most logical explanation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sorry Zairi, there is a maximum number of points earnable.

The good news is that it's a little over 2 billion b:victory

Awesome, so it's about the same as the amount of coin we can have in our bank coin hold at one time.
  • argon123
    argon123 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble 'sending' items to their character after having the required points? I click on 'send' and nothing happens.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thank you for this awesome new feature, I love the prizes!
  • AzureBeast_c - Harshlands
    AzureBeast_c - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    argon123 wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble 'sending' items to their character after having the required points? I click on 'send' and nothing happens.

x2...
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I purposely saved up 53 Element Lights from the Archosaur Attack event for the implementation of this program...over 1,500 points right away...YAY! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Lenley - Dreamweaver
    Lenley - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    out of curiosity in that case y would u use a signed int? you cant exactly have negative coinb:chuckle

if you can i'ma go max out my credit limit and buy stuffb:chuckle

though this is the most logical explanation

Either the devs were lazy or took into consideration the costs of both options. Signed 32 bit is the default for int declarations in most environments, and because most OS are 32 bit the computer handles them easier than any other option. An unsigned short int would have cut the required memory in half (for those fields, at least), but they probably have enough resources to just use the longer form anyway.

As for the option of using an unsigned 32 bit, they probably were just trying to get this done quick, and signed ints are easier to code and work with than unsigned for the most part, mostly due to familiarity. It works too, so no big deal.
  • Meeeeowwwwww - Raging Tide
    Meeeeowwwwww - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    :) Love it! Very happy you brought this out
    Magic Banana!!!
    Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meeeowwwwwww Kittens<3You
    WTFBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A GM asked me to post this. So here it is: I'm having an issue where i have over 2000 Dragon Points. I've been trying for several item to send an item, but it just wont work. I try clicking on send item, but it wont go through. I have tried on both mozilla firefox and Internet Explorer, and both times i click and nothing happens. no window pops up, nothing. I have tested clicking on multiple items but none of them worked. i have heard other people having the same issue.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I love this. The rewards are Very good! I am pleased, very much so! This was worth the wait for compensation. Thank you very much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A GM asked me to post this. So here it is: I'm having an issue where i have over 2000 Dragon Points. I've been trying for several item to send an item, but it just wont work. I try clicking on send item, but it wont go through. I have tried on both mozilla firefox and Internet Explorer, and both times i click and nothing happens. no window pops up, nothing. I have tested clicking on multiple items but none of them worked. i have heard other people having the same issue.

Similar thing here, I click "Send", confirmation window pops up, when I click "Confirm" page refreshes but item isn't sent, points aren't deducted and nothing is shown in purchase history.
    Packs World International
  • IronWarLord - Heavens Tear
    IronWarLord - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So far so good PWI lets see how this turns out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minzo - Sanctuary
    Minzo - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Are people still having trouble with not getting points or did they fix it?
    Think I might just hold onto my DQ drops for a week or so tell its more funtional >.>
    b:angry Google's your best friend b:angry
  • bejammin
    bejammin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I'm having the same issue, tried in chrome and firefox, to no avail, anyone have thoughts to fix this?
    edited November 2010
    Options
    bejammin wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue, tried in chrome and firefox, to no avail, anyone have thoughts to fix this?

im assuming its a server - sided issue of some sort. I know of many people having the same problem... however what doesnt quite make sense is why some have it working while others dont...

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SIMBAR={0B4218F9-D09E-4C7D-880F-8FB588EE408C}; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; AskTB5.6)
    Timestamp: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 06:52:38 UTC

Line: 305
    Char: 132
    Code: 0
    URI: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards

Line: 25
    Char: 3
    URI: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/modules/dqrewards/js/dqrewards.js

Line: 101
    Char: 2

im not sure if these have any significance, but they are the errors i see on i explorer.
  • bejammin
    bejammin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im assuming its a server - sided issue of some sort. I know of many people having the same problem... however what doesnt quite make sense is why some have it working while others dont...

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SIMBAR={0B4218F9-D09E-4C7D-880F-8FB588EE408C}; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; AskTB5.6)
    Timestamp: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 06:52:38 UTC

Line: 305
    Char: 132
    URI: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards

Line: 101
    Char: 2

im not sure if these have any significance, but they are the errors i see on i explorer.

Errors from chrome

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier

static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect/xd_proxy.php#cb=f31985d374&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fpwi.perfectworld.com%2Ff1d65ee144&relation=parent&transport=postmessage&frame=f1cea43598Failed to load resource

modules/dqrewards/js/dqrewards.js:25Uncaught ReferenceError: avatars is not defined

modules/dqrewards/js/dqrewards.js:101Uncaught ReferenceError: total is not defined

Hopefully this helps someone figure the issue out
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You selected a server and character first right?
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    why don't u use a more ... widely known browser like oh... idk.... Explorer? IJS.. I have no problems, not since the minute it came online.
  • lolitrolu
    lolitrolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    why don't u use a more ... widely known browser like oh... idk.... Explorer?
    HAHAHA. No, seriously.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    well from what i've seen everyone having problems is using Chrome or something new.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I purposely saved up 53 Element Lights from the Archosaur Attack event for the implementation of this program...over 1,500 points right away...YAY! b:victory

Yesterday morning I had 4650 Dragon Points, at evening (after few in-game hours) 7315 Dragon Points.

I think,that 10k-12k Dragon Points will be today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.