5aps tt nirvana farming solution

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Personally I find it kinda funny that some of the actual TT profit farmers come here and tell this guy to shut up and buy the mats. That's ... wrong.

Umm...

The OP... wants the bosses to have Bramble... to help his lowbies farm gear easier.

lol

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Umm...

The OP... wants the bosses to have Bramble... to help his lowbies farm gear easier.

lol

Well, what he suggested was to revert it back to the old TT, except with Bramble on the bosses. That would allow squads to farm it, as Bramble only reflects melee damage, and it could even possibly be purified.

So basically he reasoned that making it harder/impossible for 5 APS characters to solo/duo the TTs would be reason enough for the devs to revert it back to the old version. Whether his idea is gonna achieve that or not, I'd believe is irrelevant.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The thing is, the OP wanted to nerf the aps so the TT could be changed back to easy mode for good. After all, rumor said that the TT nerf happened to make people unable to farm it so fast with 5 aps chars. Naive thinking I guess.

I LOL at this every time it's posted. b:laugh, but at the same time b:cry for those who have yet to realize it. 5aps and solo farming isn't the reason they made TT harder, it's just to justify it so people QQ less. harder TT > more people spend more money > more profit to pwi. it's a business move not a nurf. if they wanted to make TT harder just for soloing then they would have stopped hercs from soloing it LONG AGO. rush people to high lvl for end game gear, prevent them from farming that gear, pay rl $ to get the gear because they can't farm it. sheesh people are so blind now day's they can't see through such simple things as excuses.

edit: WHY IN GODS NAME DOES EVERYBODY HERE HAVE LINKS TO PROMOTION SIGHTS

ps; I will not put a promotion site on my post, so if one shows up pwi is the one doing it and should burn in hell.
    edited October 2010
    Well, what he suggested was to revert it back to the old TT, except with Bramble on the bosses. That would allow squads to farm it, as Bramble only reflects melee damage, and it could even possibly be purified.

So basically he reasoned that making it harder/impossible for 5 APS characters to solo/duo the TTs would be reason enough for the devs to revert it back to the old version. Whether his idea is gonna achieve that or not, I'd believe is irrelevant.

Yes, I understood his point. However relevance is completely relevant. lol
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yes, I understood his point. However relevance is completely relevant. lol

What I see in this topic, is a guy who made a half-thought idea of how to achieve a goal. He was then told that his half-thought idea wouldn't work for some reasons. After that, he gave up on his half-thought idea and only spoke of his goal. And still people kept telling him that his half-thought idea, which he had now given up on, was bad.

Am I the only one who thinks that's kinda sad?

But then again, we do get too many topics about people saying that 5 aps is the leading cause for all the difficulty increases.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    the moment you could kill every single boss by just dding, the game was broken...

increasing boss difficulty doesn't solve the problem...

it makes bosses just near to impossible for decent geared players that want to farm their gear on their own or fisnish quests...
    (i dont think devs will ever implement a new easy mode just to kill bosses for quests w/o drops)
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    the moment you could kill every single boss by just dding, the game was broken...

increasing boss difficulty doesn't solve the problem...

it makes bosses just near to impossible for decent geared players that want to farm their gear on their own or fisnish quests...
    (i dont think devs will ever implement a new easy mode just to kill bosses for quests w/o drops)

read my post only a few higher then your own, it already mentions this lol.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I seriously don't think that aps has to be nerfed to make barbs relevant. Rather an increase in aggro gain from skills like Flesh Ream and Roar would be sufficient. This would allow the barbs to take that damage (and I really don't care about repair costs, I just want to do what I built my character to do: tank) and the 5 aps people could go all out. I feel that this could be a viable compromise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I seriously don't think that aps has to be nerfed to make barbs relevant. Rather an increase in aggro gain from skills like Flesh Ream and Roar would be sufficient. This would allow the barbs to take that damage (and I really don't care about repair costs, I just want to do what I built my character to do: tank) and the 5 aps people could go all out. I feel that this could be a viable compromise.

it might, but as long as 5aps are capable of tanking, the'll take the 5aps in favor of a barb anyway. hold agro and survive doing a little dmg vs 5aps and able to survive doing more then 10 times the dmg. chances are if the 5aps bm is able to tank it then the'll take the 5aps bm over a barb unless he's 5aps. watch soon you'll have 5aps wizzy's using frostblade.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lets take it a different way, the faster you hit, the lower your defense is. If you attack at 5aps your defense gets reduced by 90%. Attack or defense? It's balanced if you can't have both.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lets take it a different way, the faster you hit, the lower your defense is. If you attack at 5aps your defense gets reduced by 90%. Attack or defense? It's balanced if you can't have both.

stop being dumb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What, don't like the idea of it actually being balanced? If you hit hard, you should have almost no defense, if you have tons of defense, you should have almost no damage.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    is your contention that since i think your idea is dumb, that i dont like the idea of balance. thats some pretty terrible logic, but it follows since its coming from the same person who proposes armor breaks for people who have geared up.

balance would be nice, but armor breaks as a penalty for gearing up is dumb, so stop it.

none of the proposals in all of the "nerf 5.0" threads are coming through mind you. its not happening in china, and it isnt happening here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Zoe what logic are you using? Are you seriously trying to say that if someone hits fast, their defense is low, and the slower they hit there defense is high? I really dont understand how that makes any sense at all, or how that balances anything. It would mean using demon spark(which adds increase attack rate)would be risky in some situations.

If you really mean something else then please explain it to me.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I see some barbs that are basically complaining because other classes are taking their jobs.
    In my opinion there is nothing to be afraid my dear barbs. Even if barbs stop being tanks at endgame because they cannot do as much damage as a 5.0 you still have uses. Your buffs are always welcome, specially by those 5.0s. You are hard to kill, most of the times the barb will be last member to die when squads get wiped. You can save squishies from getting ganked by mobs, etc.

Classes in this game aren't jobs, just a class. So the job you have to make it up. Some examples of jobs people have made are:

"TW BM" This build for blademaster was for the mere porpuse of stunning people, or dragoning these guys had just enough sthrenght and dexterity for wielding their favorites axes, the rest of their points went to vitality. This type of bm did horrible damage, but were very annyoing and hard to kill. This job is not used a lot anymore cause endgame gear gives really good defense and hp, and TW is dead anyway...

A example of a new job would:

Claw-Barbarian
    A barbarian that uses claws or fists. They have have a lot of strenght and dexterity and no vitality. With the correct gear they can hit as fast as a bm. Perfect option for barbs who still want to tank at endgame.

I saw some post where he was implying claw barbs were mediocre compared to fist bms. I think that is wrong, just compare their buffs and passive skills. Bms have fist mastery and aura of golden bell, that gives more damage and better defense respectivaly. Barbs have strenght of giants and poison fang to increase their attack, hp buff to increase survivality. So even if bm are still better, it's not much the difference.

Just be more flexible people and do what you can with what you have. Stop complaining about the overpowered people too. If they are overpowered is becuase they spent a lof of their time or money and effort in this game, so they do deserve to have some advantage over the rest.
    edited October 2010
    What, don't like the idea of it actually being balanced? If you hit hard, you should have almost no defense, if you have tons of defense, you should have almost no damage.

Hmm were you complaining about balance when you started playing?

Cause, veno was pretty much king of the game, especially when the herc/nix first came out, I'm sure you were complaining about balance back then.

lol. Go away.

• Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Tired of seeing threads like this
    My veno can solo any 3-3 boss except arma (duo), at the current TT state.
    My wizard can range tank every boss

Does this mean hercs need to be removed?
    Does this mean well geared wizards need to suffer 50% more damage when range tanking a TT boss?

Just saying..
    edited October 2010
    Tired of seeing threads like this
    My veno can solo any 3-3 boss except arma (duo), at the current TT state.
    My wizard can range tank every boss

Does this mean hercs need to be removed?
    Does this mean well geared wizards need to suffer 50% more damage when range tanking a TT boss?

Just saying..

Same.

It's not like they don't have the option to go 60% to 80% -channeling for almost instant-cast. Instead of going out of their way to get it, they just complain like little children stomping their feet "but Bobby's mom buys HIM all the candy he wants QQQQQ".
    edited October 2010
    Good way to put it lol (candy part)

5.0 aps people invest A LOT of money to be 5.0, hundreds of millions. Casters can also do the same and get 70%~ chanelling, would not be as effective, but still would do a ton of damage. Not many try this though..instead they just complain. If you took the time to actually get off your *** to do stuff, instead of whining all the time, you could be doing something productive in game getting maybe a 5.0 char up perhaps?
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Good way to put it lol (candy part)

5.0 aps people invest A LOT of money to be 5.0, hundreds of millions. Casters can also do the same and get 70%~ chanelling, would not be as effective, but still would do a ton of damage. Not many try this though..instead they just complain. If you took the time to actually get off your *** to do stuff, instead of whining all the time, you could be doing something productive in game getting maybe a 5.0 char up perhaps?

i keep saying this....people pay to be 5aps why shouldnt they get there moneys worth? people keep complaining about 5aps when they can roll a 5aps char themselves.

people havent learned that the cash shoppers/big time merchants controll this game.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Casters can also do the same and get 70%~ chanelling, would not be as effective, but still would do a ton of damage.
    /facepalm

At least you admit it but you have no IDEA how big the difference is. Learn some math first then talk. Or you have no idea how the game mechanics work and that there is a "cast time" associated with skills.

Let me ask you something. When was the last time a squad of 6 wizzies sutra'd triple spark killed a boss in 10 secs?

Sutra = the idiot's proof of instant channel and how ineffective (compared to 5aps) it is.
    people keep complaining about 5aps when they can roll a 5aps char themselves.
    People complain about class X being overpowered cause it keeps one-shotting everyone in a 50m radius in 0.5 seconds channel time when they can roll one themselves.

Do you realize how **** this sounds? That is the exact opposite of what balance means.
    edited October 2010
    Are you kidding me?
    I'm more then knowledged of the damage difference...

I'm simply saying it's an alternative to people who don't want to be a 5.0 character but still want to do as much damage as they can.

Just because I can't make exact calculations as to how much less damage it is doesn't mean I'm stupid.

/facepalm
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    The point stands, Give me one good reason with logic why -int people should get 3 times more returns on their investments or more. Because they keep crying about the costs involved as the reason, you see.
    edited October 2010
    The point stands, Give me one good reason with logic why -int people should get 3 times more returns on their investments or more. Because they keep crying about the costs involved as the reason, you see.

You're the one crying.... any build that costs 10x more than you have invested in yours is going to totally own you either way.

And, a 10x mage crying about something being OP. You must truly be horrible. b:chuckle
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    /facepalm

At least you admit it but you have no IDEA how big the difference is. Learn some math first then talk. Or you have no idea how the game mechanics work and that there is a "cast time" associated with skills.

Let me ask you something. When was the last time a squad of 6 wizzies sutra'd triple spark killed a boss in 10 secs?

Sutra = the idiot's proof of instant channel and how ineffective (compared to 5aps) it is.

People complain about class X being overpowered cause it keeps one-shotting everyone in a 50m radius in 0.5 seconds channel time when they can roll one themselves.

Do you realize how **** this sounds? That is the exact opposite of what balance means.

well you seem to complain about everything i offer you a solution and you dont like it. how about you shut da *** up cause now your just complaing for attention.b:bye
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Never, but did kill the phys immune boss in fb99 Hell with three wizzies before. One tanking and myself and another doing the healing 'cause the cleric died. I had demon Morning Dew, but yeah...

Wouldn't the easy way to "nerf" 5aps and make mage classes more viable simply be to introduce more phys immune bosses? I mean, even with elemental magic stones or buffs to phys atk, 5aps still wouldn't do as much damage on those, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wouldn't the easy way to "nerf" 5aps and make mage classes more viable simply be to introduce more phys immune bosses??

b:chuckle I feel sorry for barbs even more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:chuckle I feel sorry for barbs even more

**** it. Barbs were already reduced to buffing and mob pulling machines at end game way before fishes and 5aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    well you seem to complain about everything i offer you a solution and you dont like it.
    That's not a solution... as balance is concerned it's nothing more than an imbalance. Your "advice" is like saying to someone complaining Terran is underpowered to play Protoss or Zerg. The reason Starcraft is considered a balanced RTS game is that your **** "solutions" don't apply there.
    how about you shut da *** up cause now your just complaing for attention.b:bye
    How about you stop posting **** in threads you don't like? And offer "solutions" that don't solve the problem, ironic.
    You're the one crying.... any build that costs 10x more than you have invested in yours is going to totally own you either way.

And, a 10x mage crying about something being OP. You must truly be horrible. b:chuckle
    What are you talking about? Of course it's going to own me if he invests more. You don't seem to get it. Invest 6 bil in warsoul and you'll still do less DPS than a 5aps.

It seems to me you just contradicted yourself.

Now before you start with the wizards are OP **** again (I wonder why psychics not though...), let's say then you get warsoul sword as a sword BM, and do less than a fist 5aps BM who invested way less.

On the other hand you must be a pretty lame BM in PvP if you still think average geared wizards are OP (or take a peek at Adroit's videos and see how "OP" we really are). Either that or you QQ about getting hit by +12 nirvana weapon with your **** armors/ornaments. ffs even a sin can get 16k HP with that much. Really fun to take it down as a wiz.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    That's not a solution... as balance is concerned it's nothing more than an imbalance. Your "advice" is like saying to someone complaining Terran is underpowered to play Protoss or Zerg. The reason Starcraft is considered a balanced RTS game is that your **** "solutions" don't apply there. How about you stop posting **** in threads you don't like? And offer "solutions" that don't solve the problem, ironic. my "solutions" are "solutions" you say stop posting **** in threads you dont like. how about you stop posting QQ's in threads about things you dont like.then you should go play that game seeing as it fits your defnition of "balance".What are you talking about? Of course it's going to own me if he invests more. You don't seem to get it. Invest 6 bil in warsoul and you'll still do less DPS than a 5aps.

It seems to me you just contradicted yourself.

Now before you start with the wizards are OP **** again (I wonder why psychics not though...), let's say then you get warsoul sword as a sword BM, and do less than a fist 5aps BM who invested way less.

On the other hand you must be a pretty lame BM in PvP if you still think average geared wizards are OP (or take a peek at Adroit's videos and see how "OP" we really are). Either that or you QQ about getting hit by +12 nirvana weapon with your **** armors/ornaments. ffs even a sin can get 16k HP with that much. Really fun to take it down as a wiz.

/10charfordafunofit