5aps tt nirvana farming solution

Options
Ruli - Heavens Tear
Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Give the bosses reflect, that way barbs whom SHOULD be tanking bosses can start to do the job they was designed too do, they been healed anyway. An the TT's can be re tweeked too reflect that. Might make the 5 aps peeps think twice about it an basicly soloing somthing that needs a party. Then all the other nasties can permantly be removed an people can farm TT's together again.

Just a thoughtb:pleased
Origional idea subbmitted by FooFooKity
Post edited by Ruli - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Now if only what's suggested on here actually matters...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    BMs soloed and tanked 3-3 with 4 aps sparked before 99% of us even heard about PW. Back in 2005/2006.

That aside, no. Barbs were made to be the best tanks (highest HP and all) but not the only tanks. People CS for 5 aps chars and that's what the company wants.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    /inb4flamewars
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why the **** does there need to be a solution to being able to take out a boss fast? So you WANT your TT and Nirvana to take 3 hours or something? Fine, us 5.0s will just stick together and AD tank the Bramble, you can go gnaw at the bosses by yourself.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why the **** does there need to be a solution to being able to take out a boss fast? So you WANT your TT and Nirvana to take 3 hours or something? Fine, us 5.0s will just stick together and AD tank the Bramble, you can go gnaw at the bosses by yourself.

I can see that... 6 chained AD with boss dropping in 30 seconds.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options

And if that's not enough, wait till the AD is off the CD/use IGs or something. Or just purge the boss. b:chuckle
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and if the barb is tankin... how are the rest supposed to DD?
    like the not 5.0 BMs/sins etc... mm gettin reflected upon each time they deal dmg.
    Cleric will have fun with that... LOL

Edit: with myself & 2 BMs HFin back to back...
    Boss dies in less than 30 seconds.

<-- am DoT build almost 500 dex 5.0 sin... :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    an people can farm TT's together again

You can do anyway. There is no law that says you need to make a 4-5aps squad. Take a Cleric, 3 Wizzies and 2 Barbs and knock yaselfs out. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and if the barb is tankin... how are the rest supposed to DD?
    like the not 5.0 BMs/sins etc... mm gettin reflected upon each time they deal dmg.
    Cleric will have fun with that... LOL

Edit: with myself & 2 BMs HFin back to back...
    Boss dies in less than 30 seconds.

<-- am DoT build almost 500 dex 5.0 sin... :)

All DDs are magic classes. Physical melee DDs? Those shouldn't don't exist in this game if you ask OP. b:chuckle

Or... maybe axe BMs wouldn't get bramble effect hitting them? We can totally allow those since they don't break farming. We can also allow all magic classes and archers without triple spark.

100% sure someone thinks this is not a joke.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

and then the devs will come up with the boss doing aoepurge/seal...oh wait...
    All DDs are magic classes. Physical melee DDs? Those shouldn't don't exist in this game if you ask OP. b:chuckle

Or... maybe axe BMs wouldn't get bramble effect hitting them? We can totally allow those since they don't break farming. We can also allow all magic classes and archers without triple spark.

100% sure someone thinks this is not a joke.

try being a bowmaster. b:chuckle

who needs ranged dds these days?

all you see in worldchat is "lookin for 4 INTERVAL sins/bms/fistusers for nirvana"

reroll a bm/sin ASAP
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I got my job as tank, just re-stat, grab a pair of Deicide and get perm-spark.

I can be a good tank now, if needed.b:pleased

Yes, yes, I know, easier said than done, took like my entire summer to get the money for my semi-decent claw build.

Nien and Tiger Event <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I got my job as tank, just re-stat, grab a pair of Deicide and get perm-spark.

I can be a good tank now, if needed.b:pleased

Yes, yes, I know, easier said than done, took like my entire summer to get the money for my semi-decent claw build.

Nien and Tiger Event <3

So you had to spend a lot of money and become a pseudo-bm to do the job your class originally designed to do. Sad.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *ahem*

this game is so super broken

wizzie should be able to 1 shot bosses by thinking hard...wait most cant do that so just looking at them

barbs should be needed for everythign but should not have to tank because god forbid a cost so they want to tank but not tank and get 1st pick on drops (confused kitties are confsed)

every other class seems pretty ok with the game... and i love my wizzie alt best grinding ever
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So you had to spend a lot of money and become a pseudo-bm to do the job your class originally designed to do. Sad.

Or, try out something unique-ish and such.

I've basically experience everything a Barb can as both Sage and Demon.

Claws was my final thing before quiting this game and I'm not complaining, I'm making loads more money than I did before.

If anything blame -int for **** up a Barb's role, but I'm perfectly happy with my current build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    barbs should be needed for everythign but should not have to tank because god forbid a cost so they want to tank but not tank and get 1st pick on drops (confused kitties are confsed)

For once I agree with you on something. When barbs used to be the only tank for TT, you got the most ridiculous rants about repair bills and getting paid free charms and getting the best drops. Because they're special. So you do the tanking job for them...and you get rants. Now they have to share drops and be fair and get no special treatment. The injustice.

5.0 tanks burn a heck of a lot less repair anyway since the boss drops so fast.

Personally, I think if you save up the hundreds of million to reach 5.0, then you deserve to drop a boss quickly. You get what you pay for. No way I'd pay 3-500m to have all the bosses reflect it back on me and end up losing all my best TT drops to the greedy barb.
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All i really want is at level people to be able to farm certain bosses an get certain mats for 90 armour. you know the one. 3-x was altered due to 5ap/s solo farming.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    3-x was altered due to 5ap/s solo farming.

O'rlly ? You have proof of that statement ?

Really hope you realise that there were way more Veno's solo farming TT than there has ever been 5ap users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For once I agree with you on something. When barbs used to be the only tank for TT, you got the most ridiculous rants about repair bills and getting paid free charms and getting the best drops. Because they're special. So you do the tanking job for them...and you get rants. Now they have to share drops and be fair and get no special treatment. The injustice.

Poor, poor barbs.
    Personally, I think if you save up the hundreds of million to reach 5.0, then you deserve to drop a boss quickly. You get what you pay for. No way I'd pay 3-500m to have all the bosses reflect it back on me and end up losing all my best TT drops to the greedy barb.

Man, I'd totally want to see a squad consisting of a Veno, a cleric, a barb and 3x 5 APS characters and then watch as the barb and cleric claim first and second pick because they're tank and healer.
    Really hope you realise that there were way more Veno's solo farming TT than there has ever been 5ap users.

There might've been more venos solofarming or duoing TTs, but the speed that they can do it at is much, much more than a 4-5 APS character duoing or soloing.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For me personally its nothing to do with pick choice, its about the inability as of post maintance for at level people to be able to farm 3-1 for mats they used to be able to with ease. 5 aps was quoted in patch notes along with solo farming for the reasons behind it.
    Im trying to help my guildies that dont have TT90 gear out here. Over last 3 days i run so many 3-1s an taken NOTHING. Some of us actually wanna help our guildies out.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options

There might've been more venos solofarming or duoing TTs, but the speed that they can do it at is much, much more than a 4-5 APS character duoing or soloing.

The speed issue is true granted but when you take into account the vast number of Veno's who were soloing TT's vs the number of 5aps who can solo ( and people seem to think every -int char can solo lol ) the drops per class ratio balances out or tips into the Veno's favour* .

*Pre-TT changes anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You can do anyway. There is no law that says you need to make a 4-5aps squad. Take a Cleric, 3 Wizzies and 2 Barbs and knock yaselfs out. b:victory

b:chuckle We done a 4 barb nirvana yesterday b:laugh Didn't wanted the cleric to have a heart attack, so took a bm as 5th.
    Im trying to help my guildies that dont have TT90 gear out here. Over last 3 days i run so many 3-1s an taken NOTHING. Some of us actually wanna help our guildies out.
    What does that have to do with anything?
    Tons of 5aps farming - is cheaper mats for you & your guildies. GBA were dropping a lot even before they made 3-x easy again, cause we were rolling it in 5 minutes & had too many mats.

Also go recruit some good DDs & run those TTs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also go recruit some good DDs & run those TTs.

That only works if your own gear doesn't suck. If you have TT90 +3 at 100 you cannot hold aggro over 5.0 aps people let alone get them to join to your squad. Although if you are farming items for someone else you shouldn't constantly ask the 5.0 aps people to go solo it for you.

Also, if you can't farm TT after it becomes hard, then don't. You can always farm TT2-x and buy the GBAs. Not being able to farm your TT99 set sucks though.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That only works if your own gear doesn't suck. If you have TT90 +3 at 100 you cannot hold aggro over 5.0 aps people let alone get them to join to your squad. Although if you are farming items for someone else you shouldn't constantly ask the 5.0 aps people to go solo it for you.

Also, if you can't farm TT after it becomes hard, then don't. You can always farm TT2-x and buy the GBAs. Not being able to farm your TT99 set sucks though.

Yeah I know the chances of you getting good gear ppl in your squad is if your own doesn't suck. But there are guild runs o.o where others like the OP help, I'm just suggesting to recruit some of those high aps b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Where do you guys get the bright idea that just because you have 5.0 you can solo TT instances? 5.0 gives you a heal and 3s of immune periodically in terms of survivability, that's all that it does. Spend hundreds of millions or so to get 5.0, and go try to solo 3-3, even old 3-3, go. Freaking dumbasses, you realize the hp you need to actually go solo?

If the 5.0 is Sage you realize how much more you have to spend on -int?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Just give the bosses a skill that reduces a classes attack speed to its base amount as if they had no interval at all nor spark. Debuff lasts 10 minutes and cannot be removed until it wears off on its own.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think everyone should just roll a bm or sin or cleric, then there would be no threads and people crying about how broke -int is. b:pleased 'Cos lets face it, pw can do without every class but a -int and a cleric.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For me personally its nothing to do with pick choice, its about the inability as of post maintance for at level people to be able to farm 3-1 for mats they used to be able to with ease. 5 aps was quoted in patch notes along with solo farming for the reasons behind it.

Yes, adding bramble reflect to bosses will really help your guildies out.

So first a QQ post, then some sort of validation because you want to help guildies out.

lol.

You do realize what you sound like, right?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes, adding bramble reflect to bosses will really help your guildies out.

So first a QQ post, then some sort of validation because you want to help guildies out.

lol.

You do realize what you sound like, right?

*facepalm* I was wondering this myself. How does making each boss take 3 hours long to kill help your guildies farm their gear more efficiently? Oh god, at the rate of farming with his idea, the instance will probably reset before they even get to the right boss.

It defeats the purpose of farming for gear if it's going to be that in-efficient... GL farming HH for 15 hours before 5 GBAs drop, I'm sure his guildies will appreciate having their armor repairs costing more than their mats they just farmed. GG
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *facepalm* I was wondering this myself. How does making each boss take 3 hours long to kill help your guildies farm their gear more efficiently? Oh god, at the rate of farming with his idea, the instance will probably reset before they even get to the right boss.

It defeats the purpose of farming for gear if it's going to be that in-efficient... GL farming HH for 15 hours before 5 GBAs drop, I'm sure his guildies will appreciate having their armor repairs costing more than their mats they just farmed. GG

The thing is, the OP wanted to nerf the aps so the TT could be changed back to easy mode for good. After all, rumor said that the TT nerf happened to make people unable to farm it so fast with 5 aps chars. Naive thinking I guess.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Um, I doubt that it's about the efficiency, but about the ability to do it at all. After all, people have been complaining that the 88-93 people cannot properly farm 3-1 for their GBAs and whatnot.

And yes, it is true that 5 APS farmers probably bring a lot of mats to the circulation, which makes it cheaper to buy. However, there are people who refuse to buy stuff, but instead insist on farming them. Either because they feel that it's "free" because the only thing they're using is their own time, instead of actual in-game coin, or because they want to farm their gear directly.

There have always been two schools for people who in the process of getting their TT gears. One is the people who rather farm coins and buy the mats, or buy the armors made. The other is the people who run TT for their mats until they can make the armors. For some people, it's a question of efficiency, for others it's not about efficiency. Some people like the idea of spending hours in an instance, farming for their mats. They like the feeling of having farmed their own mats, instead of having bought them. And really, for those people, telling them that taking xx hours to get their TT90 armors is pointless, they don't care.

Personally I find it kinda funny that some of the actual TT profit farmers come here and tell this guy to shut up and buy the mats. That's ... wrong.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.