Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    According to candy20 at pw-my forums (probably not allowed to link there, so look for yourself), mystics can control 2 pets at once and can heal veno pets too.

It's supposed insider knowledge. Since it's pigy, I'm going to trust her. I'll go ahead and post it here:
    pigy wrote:
    true or not not yet know, some insider guess for now.

-M0 has res skill like that of res scroll, buff someone with this buff before they die, and when they die they can wake up on their own.

-M0 will not replace EP's res skill cause if someone die and just wake up but die again without getting M0's res buff, they can not wake up.

-seem M0 can push mob AND character. not sure if this is true.....

-M0 res skill buff has long cd so can not spam on everyone.

-M0 and J0 weapon class use what is already out, but there are a new set of weapon coming with the patch for every class.

-J0, use heavy armor, can atk magic and physical, can atk long range or melee, can interchange own negative buff to it's target, and some buff skill.

-M0 cast skill animation are different for most of all it's attack skill.

-M0 summon pet has animation. it's pet all are able to go under water, on land and in air.

-M0 at normal time has two pet out to battle with them, one is a plant, another is a "slave". there are 7type of plant and 4 type of "slave". slave you get from capture mob, but it's only for few min.

-guild base system is where you can produce the new weapon

-new weapon dmg is weaker than 15p and 8jun, but it has new stat on it which make it worth to get. expecially for magic class weapon.

-new weapon made by contribution to guild base system. how to contribute not yet know, patch on 12/1/2010 then we'll see.

-M0 can heal it's own pet and heal wf's pet vs vers

-M0 res skill can reduce the amount of exp lost

-M0 has two type of plant pet that can heal people.

M0 = mystic. J0 = seeker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I got 2 questions that my faction has been wondering about.

1. Will they be just adding a new area like they did for the tideborn or will they redo the whole map like Catyclism?

2. If they do the battles between factions in the bases. Does both factions need to agree to start the battle?
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    According to candy20 at pw-my forums (probably not allowed to link there, so look for yourself), mystics can control 2 pets at once and can heal veno pets too.

PW-MY? Aren't they like a year behind updates? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

But they already play the game longer and just because they play on older version (also not as broken as pwi) didn't mean they don't know the new updates.
    Example is like ecatomb admin that actually playing on PW MS. (retire after it closed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

pigy played both PW CN and PW MY. She recently quit MY though to solely play CN.

And yes...MY is over a year behind on updates (just got TB, but still no Warsong or Nirvana). I just go for the forums. And for the record, MY is 10x more broken management-wise than PWI.

For the sake of conversation, I was the one to start the Genesis thread over on the MY forums. So yeah...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    But is it true even if pigy says so? xD

I remember her, she one-shot Eyes of Krimson for me back then. b:chuckleb:pleased
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's supposed insider knowledge. Since it's pigy, I'm going to trust her. I'll go ahead and post it here:

M0 = mystic. J0 = seeker.

If they have a rez buff like that would that mean the buff should be only used on clerics if they are going to start a boss or if people are dieing so the cleric can just rez and rez everyone else in case of party wipe?

Because I think that would be the best way to use that skill. b:laugh

Lastly thanks Eoria for the info!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • towermaster1
    towermaster1 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Correction: mystics usually control two symbiotes and in rare situation, up to eight symbiotes at a time.

(The info provided by candy20 is actually from a recent PW-CN developer Q & A)

There will 11 kinds of symbiotes that can be controlled by the Mystics.
    Symbiotes always have same level as their host Mystic
    Venos and Mystics can cross-heal each others' Battle Pets/Symbiotes.

Earthguard have unique flying crafts for their race.
    I got 2 questions that my faction has been wondering about.
    If they do the battles between factions in the bases. Does both factions need to agree to start the battle?
    "Forced attack" - battle is scheduled per week like TW.
    Only factions already owing a base can attack bases in another hostile faction.
    Player limit for base is 40 vs 40.

Here's two load images from my CN Genesis Public Test client: b:pleased
    setup0.jpg
    Male Mystic
    setup2.jpg
    Female Seeker
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    New info released; looks like Guild Base design and explanation...

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101127/57211.shtml and the Google'd version http://translate.google.com/translate?tl=en-us&u=http%3A%2F%2Fw2i.wanmei.com%2Fnews%2Fgamenews%2F20101127%2F57211.shtml

Also, expansion patch is released for download, and weights a modest 1,8 GB of space http://w2i.wanmei.com/download/down_try.htm
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options

So what you are saying is if a faction wants to fight another faction the defending faction has no choice but to fight or they just give up their base?

This will cause some problems after the patch comes online.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So what you are saying is if a faction wants to fight another faction the defending faction has no choice but to fight or they just give up their base?

This will cause some problems after the patch comes online.

As far as I understand it the base themselves are not up for grabs by the victor, but rather the resources used to improve/level the bases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • towermaster1
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also, expansion patch is released for download, and weights a modest 1,8 GB of space http://w2i.wanmei.com/download/down_try.htm
    This expansion patch can only be used if you have installed a previous version of Public Test client (version 454)

For a full Public Test client the download size is 3.89 GB
    As far as I understand it the base themselves are not up for grabs by the victor, but rather the resources used to improve/level the bases.
    This is correct.
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I know the bases are not up for grabs but still I don't think it is right to force factions to battle unless both agree on the battle. Also does that mean that the upgrades disappear if the faction loses the battle?
  • Walpurgis - Harshlands
    Walpurgis - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Go here for the original news post, which includes some new concept art :)

Perfect World: Genesis

An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy has foretold the destruction of Perfect World:

"There will be a time when the beautiful world will cease to exist as we know it today.

The land of Perfect World will suffer destruction the likes of which has never been seen. The world will be torn apart, leaving massive crevasses across its surface. The oceans will rage with turmoil and the tides will swallow everything in their path. The races of the world, thrown into chaos, will not understand what is happening to their beautiful world."

- PWE Staff

does this mean there will be changes to the already existing maps? like they are going to look destroyed with this expansion? i cant wait to see that.... now that is what i call an update... even though that looks familiar from somewhere else, im really excited to see this new update and play the old maps now destroyed...

the concept arts from the link shows some nice environments, but they look like new maps instead of old maps with some destruction effect :p i dont know im just wondering :)
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b:victory
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    does this mean there will be changes to the already existing maps? like they are going to look destroyed with this expansion?

If not, can we contact the BBB for false advertising?
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I know the bases are not up for grabs but still I don't think it is right to force factions to battle unless both agree on the battle. Also does that mean that the upgrades disappear if the faction loses the battle?

Then they just shouldn't get a base? Its kind of like TWing... If you don't wanna be attacked, don't have a land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Correction: mystics usually control two symbiotes and in rare situation, up to eight symbiotes at a time.

(The info provided by candy20 is actually from a recent PW-CN developer Q & A)

There will 11 kinds of symbiotes that can be controlled by the Mystics.
    Symbiotes always have same level as their host Mystic
    Venos and Mystics can cross-heal each others' Battle Pets/Symbiotes.

Earthguard have unique flying crafts for their race.

Here's two load images from my CN Genesis Public Test client: b:pleased
    setup0.jpg
    Male Mystic
    setup2.jpg
    Female Seeker

Lolololol

why does that female seeker have daggers? but then again i shouldnt question it. that succubus veno also has daggers on the loading screen for tideborns....
  • towermaster1
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lolololol

why does that female seeker have daggers? but then again i shouldnt question it. that succubus veno also has daggers on the loading screen for tideborns....
    The female seeker are using two short swords. You can see that the scabbard on her back is sized to hold two blades.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The female seeker are using two short swords. You can see that the scabbard on her back is sized to hold two blades.

why do pixels aways have DDs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Talking about Damage Dealers or the size of her **** ? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calinxia - Heavens Tear
    Calinxia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have some pictures that i found on a website.

untitled3.jpg

untitled2.jpg <-- what the weapons look like...

untitled-4.jpg <-- Look at where the arrow is on the picture, It shows the genesis wings.

untitled4.jpg <--- how they will meditate.

b:thanks
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Talking about Damage Dealers or the size of her **** ? b:chuckle

yosh i sure wasn't talkin about damge or dealin :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    untitled2.jpg <-- what the weapons look like...

That's the lunar nirvana mag sword, it's already in game. I wonder if seekers really are gonna use magic swords for their attacks? o.o;
    Or maybe it's a mystic (doubt it)

I wonder if all classes will be able to have their weapons strapped on the them b:dirty
    it would be better than eternally holding them.
    untitled-4.jpg <-- Look at where the arrow is on the picture, It shows the genesis wings.

I think their was an interview saying the new race wont be using wings as their method of flight.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think their was an interview saying the new race wont be using wings as their method of flight.

true. in a Q/A they stated the earthguard will have something unlike any other race.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

cuz thats how most of the asian countries work. putting double Ds on a fictional character appeals to the male crowd and they roll with it.

i have yet to see a asian made game where the females arnt half naked with **** the size of watermelons.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    cuz thats how most of the asian countries work. putting double Ds on a fictional character appeals to the male crowd and they roll with it.

i have yet to see a asian made game where the females arnt half naked with **** the size of watermelons.

Like there lots of them, since asian mmo flooding each year. It just now they seem not so open to share (heavily culture influence mmo) with western audience though . . .
    Source : me seeing news at my country, which is in asia b:victory

If wondering it like Super Sentai converted to Power Ranger, when heavily culture influenced SS version show up the PR version show didn't created. But still continued when less influenced SS version show up.
    (more like because of the western though)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

They usually censor some of the original content in games/anime for western audiences. That's not to say that I doubt men in western countries aren't exactly attracted to those kind of characters running around.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Correction, that's how all countries work (mostly USA/Europe though). b:victory

On topic, I'm so glad they won't be using wings!! If they were too lazy to do it for TBs, they finally did it for EGs. xDD Weren't those screens from the gameplay preview that someone posted a few days ago btw?
  • westonbest
    westonbest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Correction, that's how all countries work (mostly USA/Europe though). b:victory

On topic, I'm so glad they won't be using wings!! If they were too lazy to do it for TBs, they finally did it for EGs. xDD Weren't those screens from the gameplay preview that someone posted a few days ago btw?

Can SOMEONE PLS post links in which the interview is fuond and more info :D.
This discussion has been closed.