Nowitsawn's signature emporium

167891012»

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So unfair b:surrender thought I been here since 08 I can't request any because I don't reply often .____.

Nice job on the pixel bella tho.

Let's say 300 posts for Miko. =D

And yea I totally understand you awn, sometime people ask a signature use it a week than change for a other or just stop post so it's not use. (and I saw that in a other forum a girl that was posting in every signature thread and changing every 3 days no joke, even sometime she was asking 2-3 times a signature in a week from the same person.) xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Let's say 300 posts for Miko. =D

And yea I totally understand you awn, sometime people ask a signature use it a week than change for a other or just stop post so it's not use. (and I saw that in a other forum a girl that was posting in every signature thread and changing every 3 days no joke, even sometime she was asking 2-3 times a signature in a week from the same person.) xD

Totally agree, especially hate those that just request and doesn't use it at all.

Butttt~ I'm a good girl, I always use what I requested regardless whether I like it or not to show a sign of appreciation~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
    edited December 2012
    Totally agree, especially hate those that just request and doesn't use it at all.

Butttt~ I'm a good girl, I always use what I requested regardless whether I like it or not to show a sign of appreciation~

I used your draws of my veno as screen thing for my computer. Used the Halloween one for a few day than the other one. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for your requests, but I put only 2 spots on the waiting list for a reason. Requests can take like a week to complete sometimes, and being on a waiting list for 5 weeks is just too long (and all kinds of requests take up a spot, not only animated signatures).

I'mma have to ask you to repost your requests once there's a spot available.

To keep the thread going in the meantime, feel free to discuss anything regarding my work or ask any questions you might have. I'm not really an expert on graphical work, but I can probably at least send you in the right direction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for your requests, but I put only 2 spots on the waiting list for a reason. Requests can take like a week to complete sometimes, and being on a waiting list for 5 weeks is just too long (and all kinds of requests take up a spot, not only animated signatures).

I'mma have to ask you to repost your requests once there's a spot available.

To keep the thread going in the meantime, feel free to discuss anything regarding my work or ask any questions you might have. I'm not really an expert on graphical work, but I can probably at least send you in the right direction.

I'll be watching...

In other news, how do you make your animated sigs take so little space? I know there's a limit (195.5KB).
    edited December 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I'll be watching...

In other news, how do you make your animated sigs take so little space? I know there's a limit (195.5KB).

That's a good one, and that limit has annoyed me more than once (I even had a signature come out at 195.7KB once).

The trick is to optimize the animation for differences in layers (sounds tricky but it's actually something GIMP or Photoshop can do for you).
    It makes use of the fact that transparent areas in an image take up no extra space, I could make a transparent image of 10.000x10.000 px. and just color in a pixel in the middle, and the size would still only be a few bytes.

So basically you can cut down on size tremendously by cutting out everything in a frame that is identical to the frame preceding it. Due to the fact that my signatures usually only use a handful of different colors, there is almost always a huge amount that can be cut out this way.

Video files are compressed in a similar manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited December 2012
    Is this the cause of the "pixalization" that you see when watching lets say a Divx movie online?

Hmm, this is nice information :3.
    edited December 2012
    Is this the cause of the "pixalization" that you see when watching lets say a Divx movie online?

Hmm, this is nice information :3.

When done correctly you shouldn't be able to tell the difference. Unless a keyframe goes missing and all the transparent bits get jumbled together in a mess like this.

When watching (streaming) stuff online, it's just the individual frames that are of a lower quality (on top of delta frame compression) to make it load much faster.

This works by the fact that a group of pixels of the same color take up less space than a group of pixels that have a similar, but slightly different color. Something you can see in this image.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Bump! I know it can take some time to make it, but just wanted to know if you was still doing signature. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Bump! I know it can take some time to make it, but just wanted to know if you was still doing signature. =)

I think he quit or something -point to first page's first post-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    I think he quit or something -point to first page's first post-

Awww :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• krisnda
    edited December 2012
    Well, he's taking only so many at a time.
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Well, he's taking only so many at a time.

That's what I thought at the beginning, but if you noticed, he removed everything. I don't think that is necessary if you want to maintain an active thread... Besides when he first had the list full, he still added new forms and contents... and now it is empty, even the banner is deleted.

I do hope my assumptions is wrong though b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited December 2012

Didn't notice that. >:
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Be safe whereever you went, awn. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]