The Enrage you dont know.

12346»

Comments

• Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    there you go again thinking... go read the ToS

ToS hasnt been updated since 2008 . PWI current stance can be found on forums or Support website.

Forums
    Please note account sharing is against the Terms of Service too.
    Account sharing is something that is frowned upon, and in extreme cases banned.

Of course situations where a friend goes to the bathroom and you prevent them from dying are not cases where an account would be in jeopardy.

However using a friends account on a regular basis, logging in from multiple IPs repeatedly within short spans of time, will raise red flags and in some cases result in a suspension or ban.

Customer Support
    Account Sharing

Account sharing is when a person who is not the original account creator uses an account.

Sharing an account with someone else is a Terms of Service violation and any items/characters stored on that account will be in jeopardy. PW Customer Service is not responsible for guaranteeing the security of items lost due to account sharing.

Remember- you aren't just sharing your account with one friend- you could be sharing it with all of your friend's friends and all of your friend's friends' friends.

I dont actually care if people account share but the outdated ToS gives the wrong impressions and would hate for people to get caught out because of it.

W0W serious post * applies for Mod Job * b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ToS hasnt been updated since 2008 . PWI current stance can be found on forums or Support website.

Forums

Customer Support

I dont actually care if people account share but the outdated ToS gives the wrong impressions and would hate for people to get caught out because of it.

W0W serious post * applies for Mod Job * b:chuckle

When you make an account you read/agree to the ToS presented and that is listed under "ToS".

Any amendments they want to make to the ToS they need to be amended to the ToS document, not some vague forum thread.
    2. Changes to terms
    PWE may amend these Terms, the Rules of Conduct, and any EULA at any time in our sole discretion. Amendments and modifications will be effective immediately after publishing them on the Website or otherwise providing you a copy thereof

Vague forum threads need not apply. The ToS/EULA are legally binding documents, can't change the law if you don't change the documents defining the laws.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Any amendments they want to make to the ToS they need to be amended to the ToS for, not some vague forum thread.

I agree.A GM's response on the forums might be down to his individual interpretation of the rules on a case by case scenario.

Which is why I looked on their customer support website aswell.

Like I said I dont care if people share but we all know what PWI is like with their vague banning system, so it's better to be safe than sorry in some cases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Mala, you are not Enrage, so please stop calling yourself that.
    If you can't think outside of the box and see the actual reasons as to why we aren't like how we used to be then simply don't comment on it.

If you want the detailed response to this pm me in game, and if I like you, you'll find out :P
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I agree.A GM's response on the forums might be down to his individual interpretation of the rules on a case by case scenario.

Which is why I looked on their customer support website aswell.

Like I said I dont care if people share but we all know what PWI is like with their vague banning system, so it's better to be safe than sorry in some cases.

The GMs/mods actually have referred to ToS even recently on account sharing cases, showing how they don't bother to read it themselves, anyhow can it really be this big thing to just update it? I doubt there is much other big issues there than the fact that it accepts account sharing (at least would make some random bans look more acceptable if it wasn't so).
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    random bans and hamsters are what keep PWI alive b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    legally,

when one party to a contract waives their rights under the contract, they usually cant go back and enforce it against that party.

the ToS is a contract that each player agrees to individually.

they could enforce the ToS against once person, and waive their rights to enforce against someone else.

just because they have not enforced it in once case against one person, does not mean they can not enforce the terms of it against someone else.

there is no (binding) stare decisis, in application of the ToS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]