Essence present: Lucky TW packs.

LaTrappe - Lost City
LaTrappe - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
It has fallen to me to inform you: the Lost City server, that now Spectral have been wiped from the face of teh interwebz and Athrans head now adorns our castle wall, We will be picking one guild at random every week from the lands we can attack and taking thier land. Elayne has decreed in his infinite wisdom (Elayne be praised) that it is the fairest way to continue TWs on this server. Be prepared, be aware, We MIGHT BE coming for your lands. (Even your land Kami) The complete domination of Essence is nigh! THE CULT OF ELAYNE HAS RISEN!

Elayne be praised.
Post edited by LaTrappe - Lost City on

Comments

• Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I approve of this.

ALL HAIL YOUR NEW HAIRLESS OVERLORD
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I approve of this.

ALL HAIL YOUR NEW HAIRLESS OVERLORD

HAIL!
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roriror - Lost City
    Roriror - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    aw poor RD and Nagare. GL guys.

on the other hand... go Ess.. focus on that one peice or land per week...

and leave all yours open. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goom - Lost City
    Goom - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If this is true I have a lot more respect for you guys in Essence.
  • Victory_V - Lost City
    Victory_V - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It has fallen to me to inform you: the Lost City server, that now Spectral have been wiped from the face of teh interwebz and Athrans head now adorns our castle wall, We will be picking one guild at random every week from the lands we can attack and taking thier land. Elayne has decreed in his infinite wisdom (Elayne be praised) that it is the fairest way to continue TWs on this server. Be prepared, be aware, We NIGHT BE coming for your lands. (Even your land Kami) The complete domination of Essence is nigh! THE CULT OF ELAYNE HAS RISEN!

Elayne be praised.

to bad transcend isnt here to glorify your achievement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Rather have fun tws than hate tws

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    aw poor RD and Nagare. GL guys

nuh! we like our land qq.b:cry
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think we need Red Text when we draw the name of the Land to be bid on, so people know we have chosen a land. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    it would be fun if you send only maybe 1squad against non tw experienced factions...
    fun instead of a crystal walk! b:chuckle

but i doubt this so i think we will here soon about the bald pirates...
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • SilverMinx - Lost City
    SilverMinx - Lost City Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    GOGOGO Essence!!

I had wondered what you would do with the oh so evil Spectral out of the picture. Nice to see your true hypocritical arrogant colors shining bright!!! What is after that, all out RPK? You might as well you know? Really what else is there to do? Not like anyone can stop you, hmm maybe Kamisama?

Yeah, yeah, b4 someone spouts it out...I'm QQ moar, butthurt and LOLUMAD and whtever...

Probably wont believe me when I say I am actually very relieved LOL

Take care Essence :)

P.S. I hope Kami kicks your butts :)
  • Trelmanor - Lost City
    Trelmanor - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    for a guild that was preaching 'balance' on the server this is somewhat surprising, but then again not really. even when CQ was 'all the rage' when they took the whole map, they didn't have as many 'egos' in the guild as Essence does today. I guess that is because they actually had to work harder to get there. Not to take anything away from Essence (Elayne: kudos to you for putting together such a force), but I think Cq deserved it a whole lot more than Essence does today. The game was far different back then, there were no anni packs making players instantly better geared, no jones blessings to shift the pvp to 'first-hit" kill, no hyper stones to allow people to lvl insanely fast and alot more open pvp to disrupt factions abilities to improve at faster rates. CQ did it first and did it through alot more hard work IMO. So enjoy your domination Essence but remember that someone else was better ( and ya I know some of you were part of that original group, so you can enjoy it twice... but once it has been acomplished once the second time is kinda bittersweet).

b:kiss
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    for a guild that was preaching 'balance' on the server this is somewhat surprising

I believe you misunderstood our intentions. We wanted to keep the balance between us and our allies.
    b:surrender
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    for a guild that was preaching 'balance' on the server this is somewhat surprising, but then again not really. even when CQ was 'all the rage' when they took the whole map, they didn't have as many 'egos' in the guild as Essence does today. I guess that is because they actually had to work harder to get there. Not to take anything away from Essence (Elayne: kudos to you for putting together such a force), but I think Cq deserved it a whole lot more than Essence does today. The game was far different back then, there were no anni packs making players instantly better geared, no jones blessings to shift the pvp to 'first-hit" kill, no hyper stones to allow people to lvl insanely fast and alot more open pvp to disrupt factions abilities to improve at faster rates. CQ did it first and did it through alot more hard work IMO. So enjoy your domination Essence but remember that someone else was better ( and ya I know some of you were part of that original group, so you can enjoy it twice... but once it has been acomplished once the second time is kinda bittersweet).

Why you hating dawg?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    for a guild that was preaching 'balance' on the server this is somewhat surprising,

Coming from a person's guild who just gave up and didn't care. I don't mean that in provoking any sentiment at all... I miss the brutal fights. That's all there was really left of this game. Now it's mostly gone.
    but then again not really. even when CQ was 'all the rage' when they took the whole map, they didn't have as many 'egos' in the guild as Essence does today. I guess that is because they actually had to work harder to get there. Not to take anything away from Essence (Elayne: kudos to you for putting together such a force), but I think Cq deserved it a whole lot more than Essence does today. The game was far different back then, there were no anni packs making players instantly better geared, no jones blessings to shift the pvp to 'first-hit" kill, no hyper stones to allow people to lvl insanely fast and alot more open pvp to disrupt factions abilities to improve at faster rates. CQ did it first and did it through alot more hard work IMO. So enjoy your domination Essence but remember that someone else was better ( and ya I know some of you were part of that original group, so you can enjoy it twice... but once it has been acomplished once the second time is kinda bittersweet).

Honestly I think the Spectral we saw in the earlier months of this year would have still taken the old CQ out if they had never given up the map.

And, Essence is not CQ any more than it was Spectral or any other faction. Just because we are allied with Kami, doesn't really mean much. Sure some of the members were from CQ, some of them were from Spectral and other guilds. The majority of the guild and the leadership were just randoms.

Honestly, taking the map the 2nd time should be much harder as there are farm more cash shoppers and speed levelers to offer competition, but this hasn't actually panned out. PWE pretty much killed TW with their recent changes.

Also, packs and event gear made little difference... both sides have their fair share of the cash shopping community. The sheer number of strong players is what made the difference. For a while it was Spectral, now it's Essence. Perhaps that will change. But with the new changes, it most likely wont.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Trelmanor - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Why you hating dawg?

lol no hate brother... just saying that it is kind of a shame that there is always the one guild that holds all the cards lol.... but after the acomplishment of 'taking over the world' has been done once it is not really the same to do it again. The game would be alot more fun if there was truly a 'balance' of power between a few good guilds. But people get lazy, lose interest etc. so unfortunately it will never be. Only thing left for most people in this game anymore is open pvp and even that sucks these days as most people prefer to pvp in groups rather than 1 v 1 (safety in numbers I guess). Although I must admit it is kinda funny watching 6 people swoop in on 1 or 2 and then see the reaction in common chat from the dead. Alot of people don't die well and love to call people out while lying face down in the dirt (that is actually more fun than the kill TBH). But ya Pervs no hate intended I do actually like most people in guilds that I have had to fight against.... I play the game to enjoy it, not to hate.b:dirty
  • Trelmanor - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Coming from a person's guild who just gave up and didn't care. I don't mean that in provoking any sentiment at all... I miss the brutal fights. That's all there was really left of this game. Now it's mostly gone.

Honestly I think the Spectral we saw in the earlier months of this year would have still taken the old CQ out if they had never given up the map.

And, Essence is not CQ any more than it was Spectral or any other faction. Just because we are allied with Kami, doesn't really mean much. Sure some of the members were from CQ, some of them were from Spectral and other guilds. The majority of the guild and the leadership were just randoms.

Honestly, taking the map the 2nd time should be much harder as there are farm more cash shoppers and speed levelers to offer competition, but this hasn't actually panned out. PWE pretty much killed TW with their recent changes.

Also, packs and event gear made little difference... both sides have their fair share of the cash shopping community. The sheer number of strong players is what made the difference. For a while it was Spectral, now it's Essence. Perhaps that will change. But with the new changes, it most likely wont.

Actually agree that Spec prolly would have given CQ a good run, and I never said Essence was CQ just said some of them were old CQ members and to do the whole map thing a second time can't be all that much of a challenge. Once the balance of power shifts and a single guild becomes almost unstoppable, people stop trying and move on to other things. Maybe they try and form a new guild in the hopes to take some of that dominance back but 99% of the time that does not work as new guilds find it tough to entice enough of the high lvl players to join. And I completely agree that some of the new changes to the TW system have pretty much killed the way TW is done now. This will make it even harder for guilds to establish themselves as a TW force (because most of the higher lvl players like the cahllenge of TW but most guilds don't bother anymore as the cost vs. reward is too high).

ps.s Finally someone that will admit that not only was it Spectral that cash shopped... while everyone knew the other guilds did too, always seemed that Spec was the one people loved to hate on for doing it lol.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    GOGOGO Essence!!

I had wondered what you would do with the oh so evil Spectral out of the picture. Nice to see your true hypocritical arrogant colors shining bright!!! What is after that, all out RPK? You might as well you know? Really what else is there to do? Not like anyone can stop you, hmm maybe Kamisama?

Yeah, yeah, b4 someone spouts it out...I'm QQ moar, butthurt and LOLUMAD and whtever...

Gee guys sarcasm is hard
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It all sounds rather imprudent~
  • Trelmanor - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    It all sounds rather imprudent~

imprudent... or impotent? either way the map and TW doesn't mean **** anymore,,, take your lands and the mirages game is experiencing the initial stages of the slow decent into death. I hope Essence takes the map and doesn't allow it to reset. Keep the lands till mirage payouts stop. Game has very little left for the high lvl players. Once you reah lvl 100 why even farm Nirvana? Just keep charging zhen and eventually attain rank 9 status... buy your gear and sit at w gate and let people try and kill you. AOE and watch the people drop around you... would be fun as hell to watch!!!!

Alot of people only play the game now to chill with friends that they have made in-game. Too bad too cause it used to be alot more fun... bring back the days of actually needing to quest and grind to lvl as well as the need to farm to make coin. Was more of a challenge to have to look over your shoulder while doing this to not get pk'ed by the rabid pk'ers. Now it is nothing more than who can outnumber who ....solo pk'ers are a rare and dying breed, sad to say.

I will still continue to play as long as those I enjoy being online with are still here.. after that the game is meaningless anymore. The devs. have done nothing for the 10x players to keep the interest, instead they have done the opposite. Everything now is geared toward rapid char growth so ev1 now becomes high lvl fast only to realize the journey was not really worth the detination.b:surrender
    edited September 2010
    The 3 guilds were balance.. we all had fair ammount of players n sum tws would last long as long as they were full.

Most of the tws spectral won easy is cus sum people in kami lost interest in commin to tw.

Same as spectral lost interest in showing up for TW after they "put mirages as reward"

I enjoy tw no matter wat.. It is fun to play n to be in it. Have been in all CQ/Kami tws since i joined cq at like 93.

Its not essence fault that yar Director went emo n decided to make his own guild. Its his own decision n people leaving spectral.. is there own decision. Its not like essence pull a gun in yar head n said leave now.

Spectral has his own issues.. just like Kami did have their own when people like Llama, xalana n others went emo too. Its really a phase in ea guild, when things go wrong n people start pointing fingers.. its when a strong guild stay together or disband.

Ey if athran can hold spectral get his members back, im pretty sure they be competitive once again.

Lets be honest with essence.. Last TW Kami n spectral had DRopzio went emo n left guild n start going all emo n stuff. After a few weeks, he kicks out one of the members n lot of them feel uncomfortable. The spectral that essence was twing against wasnt the same as Kami was twing.

Kami always fought Spectral in their highest, when they had LTX n most of their good people. Once LTX left.. n internal issues.. spectral n essence had 5-15mins tws.

Not saying essence is bad, they do have strong people. Their catas and mages btw the 3 guilds are probably higher n slighty better than kami/spectral. But i think 3 of the guilds have a chance to win any TW.

I said i had prefer to TW essence than Spectral, cus Essence Tws would be for fun n have a good time. Maybe that gets more people excited to come cause they want to have some good fun. If ya really need it for salary n 1m=3m payments to enjoy the game.. Then ya really need a new hobby.. cus yar not enjoying the game for what is it for.

And if ya complain for double atacks.. spectral was the first one ganking kami with koi n click. While essence was taking land from other guilds, then essence help us to double atack n pay with the same coin that spectral was using. (Not our fault their allies were highly weaker than ours)

P.S. I typed this fast.. so any corrections with grammar or vocab or w.e .;. < theres teh answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trelmanor - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    The 3 guilds were balance.. we all had fair ammount of players n sum tws would last long as long as they were full.

Most of the tws spectral won easy is cus sum people in kami lost interest in commin to tw.

Same as spectral lost interest in showing up for TW after they "put mirages as reward"

I enjoy tw no matter wat.. It is fun to play n to be in it. Have been in all CQ/Kami tws since i joined cq at like 93.

Its not essence fault that yar Director went emo n decided to make his own guild. Its his own decision n people leaving spectral.. is there own decision. Its not like essence pull a gun in yar head n said leave now.

Spectral has his own issues.. just like Kami did have their own when people like Llama, xalana n others went emo too. Its really a phase in ea guild, when things go wrong n people start pointing fingers.. its when a strong guild stay together or disband.

Ey if athran can hold spectral get his members back, im pretty sure they be competitive once again.

Lets be honest with essence.. Last TW Kami n spectral had DRopzio went emo n left guild n start going all emo n stuff. After a few weeks, he kicks out one of the members n lot of them feel uncomfortable. The spectral that essence was twing against wasnt the same as Kami was twing.

Kami always fought Spectral in their highest, when they had LTX n most of their good people. Once LTX left.. n internal issues.. spectral n essence had 5-15mins tws.

Not saying essence is bad, they do have strong people. Their catas and mages btw the 3 guilds are probably higher n slighty better than kami/spectral. But i think 3 of the guilds have a chance to win any TW.

I said i had prefer to TW essence than Spectral, cus Essence Tws would be for fun n have a good time. Maybe that gets more people excited to come cause they want to have some good fun. If ya really need it for salary n 1m=3m payments to enjoy the game.. Then ya really need a new hobby.. cus yar not enjoying the game for what is it for.

And if ya complain for double atacks.. spectral was the first one ganking kami with koi n click. While essence was taking land from other guilds, then essence help us to double atack n pay with the same coin that spectral was using. (Not our fault their allies were highly weaker than ours)

P.S. I typed this fast.. so any corrections with grammar or vocab or w.e .;. < theres teh answer.

OK so I agree with most of what you say here Kedge.. grats made alot of sense instead of just trying to insult etc. I would have to say that I preferred the TW's against Kami then Essence becuase most people in Kami , while being bitter rivals were at least friendly. The egos involved were not even close to being as high as they are in Essence which allowed for a more comfortable battle. Both sides in it for the competition as opposed to who is gonna be able the fling the better insults after the war ended. I wish Spectral all the best in trying to rebuld as I am also glad to see Kami continue even after thier internal struggles. But hopefully people just let Essence take the map and then lets see if thigns can again get a bit exciting for TW again.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What should be fairly obvious at this point is that the only people left who actually care are in Essence. Your only audience for this thread is ... you. I'm kind of hoping nobody bothers to show up for these wars so all you get is the crystal walks you claim to abhor.
    edited September 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    What should be fairly obvious at this point is that the only people left who actually care are in Essence

Not really theres a lot of people that care for TW in kami too. Also theres people in kami like haiz n mikoto that havent play since theres no challege in game atm. Im pretty sure kami will get sum people back when they start twing Essence.

Theres alot of people in spectral that will be happy to tw. Its not their fault the guild by itself refuses to tw. They can probably join guilds like rogaine or unity. Or even join kami or essence. Like i said.. its each player decision if they feel like Twing waste their money n represent a guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Victory_V - Lost City
    Victory_V - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    GOGOGO Essence!!

what happen to your history and movie reference lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    In all fairness, during the "hay-days" of TW (before mirages), there has/had been huge ego's on all sides. To say that it has been one guild or the other is rather stupid in my opinion. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:chuckle so many people with their excuse your cs > my cs
    so what if you're a cser, so what if you have spent countless amount of $$ into game and get good gears. There are still a bunch of people without spending a single cent into this game and can still beat the **** out of csers...
    btw if you talk about being which guild cashshopped the most.. im pretty sure Kami is last out of the three.

Edit: to Spectral, I've always love you(truth), you guys always accept idiot people(to who you know) into your guild and they've always been the source of my entertainment. everytime i killed them, i get countless of qq pms.
    =( i miss my last time playing this game already. Me + Asiris 2 man ninja a whole pt of Spec =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Trelmanor - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    In all fairness, during the "hay-days" of TW (before mirages), there has/had been huge ego's on all sides. To say that it has been one guild or the other is rather stupid in my opinion. b:surrender

true enough Rose but seems more egos in one guild these days is all I am saying... to be fair it was Spectral that had all the egos when it was on top... just like CQ.. so the egos tend to follow the top guilds ... so I guess I take back what I said and apologize... but only because my ego is not so big lol.b:chuckle
  • Trelmanor - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    yashino wrote: »
    b:chuckle so many people with their excuse your cs > my cs
    so what if you're a cser, so what if you have spent countless amount of $$ into game and get good gears. There are still a bunch of people without spending a single cent into this game and can still beat the **** out of csers...
    btw if you talk about being which guild cashshopped the most.. im pretty sure Kami is last out of the three.

Edit: to Spectral, I've always love you(truth), you guys always accept idiot people(to who you know) into your guild and they've always been the source of my entertainment. everytime i killed them, i get countless of qq pms.
    =( i miss my last time playing this game already. Me + Asiris 2 man ninja a whole pt of Spec =\

Gotta love the 'lovable idiots'... but in all fairness to Spec. there were alot of really good people in that guild same as all the top guilds on the server. I wish sometimes people would give thier rivals the respect they deserve instead of the constant trash talk. You can have a very solid 'friendly' but intense rivalry without it having to get personal. Remember it is just a game (if it is not then I feel sorry for you, go out and spend some time in the real world). Have fun without being malicious.b:kiss
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010

b:laugh Kami was first to trash talk ess and spec, then its spec to kami and ess, and now ess.

Confession: Ever since Kami was formed, I was careless about TW. so almost every kami war, i was in HH/Nirv farming or went out irl.

edit: to Trel, I wasnt talking to spec as a whole, but just some people in there are really funny and butthurt. and yes it's just a game, that's why i quit when it's bored which i already did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Pretty sure everyone isn't the same when you talk to them in pms.

You can say "He's an idiot" but when you get to talk to the actual person, not his ego self, you find out that he/she is a pretty decent person.

There are a LOT of spec that I love talking to.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Trash talk is sometimes essential for intense pvp, but too much trash talking and singling out one person is just **** and un-called for.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."