Anniversary discussion!

Options

Comments

• gargonian
    gargonian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:cryb:cryi still didnt get anni mount i dont even know if im eligiblep:cryb:cry
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Frankie... we need clarification on the mounts.

I want the mount to go to my Assassin. I have no use for it on my main. Last year, the 2008ers used the ticketing system to request which char the mount was sent to. I realize it wasn't a perfect system, but we who are getting the mount this year deserve the same chance.

Are you seriously going to tell me with a straight face that this year's method of mount transfer is "buy an account stash stone lolz"? Because, I'm sorry, that would just be low. >___>

They stopped doing this least year because it just became too time consuming. They have to transfer each one of these manually. Their position on it last year was that if you want to transfer it you can do it through an account stash.

I'd have to agree, there are far better things for them to do than to manually transfer 1000 mounts just to be nice when there is an in-game feature that allows you to do it yourself.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    12 hours to go <___>?
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ARYY, FRANKIEEE, KANTO!!!! whats the NEWS!!!! i'm DYING here.. ok actually i'm in catshop in arch sellin eggs so i got some time to kill so thought i'd come check this thread to see if theres any new news but guess not yet :( i must admit tho whoever said "no news is good news" was clearly not waiting for a happy mail from their favourite game..

So to pass time while we all wait i had a pondering based on an old maint discuss topic about barbs havin fleas...

If barbs have fleas, what about the venos? b:worried they tend to spread around the pack dont they? b:cry **runs under closest waterfall**

Looks like the TB have crabs tho (all over the island, hehe)
  • Vennus - Heavens Tear
    Vennus - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Will ppl registered in 2008 get the mount too? Or just the fashion? b:question

Btw...Happy anniversary PWI!!! b:pleased
  • /Manga - Harshlands12
    /Manga - Harshlands12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Will ppl registered in 2008 get the mount too? Or just the fashion? b:question

Btw...Happy anniversary PWI!!! b:pleased

Only the fashion...
    edited September 2010
    Options

So to pass time while we all wait i had a pondering based on an old maint discuss topic about barbs havin fleas...

If barbs have fleas, what about the venos? b:worried they tend to spread around the pack dont they? b:cry **runs under closest waterfall**

Looks like the TB have crabs tho (all over the island, hehe)

I would guess veno's have crabs to sense you can tame them o.o
    Retired Sage.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's nice and all we get gifts and it's also highly apreciated but how about some in-game events on hollidays every now and then... And not ones that causes KSing on the only few mobs involved but more like collecting drops from mobs that you can trade at an NPC for rewards or some quests that'll earn you event-only items like for exhample a baby reindeer all-class pet with christmass... I know it takes time to ad a few tiny pixels but it would be nice... b:pleased One of the few stuff still missing on this game... Also helps against the random boredness of doing the same thing every day... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has asked this but, if I registered last year On September 4, 2009 ; do I qualify for the mount or am I 4 days too late?
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    does anyone know what that joined on date is under the avatars? I know I joined Dec-13-08, you used to see your real joined date in your "my account" before they updated it. As far as I can figure that avatar "joined" date is from your first post on tht avatar or maybe just first post...
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has asked this but, if I registered last year On September 4, 2009 ; do I qualify for the mount or am I 4 days too late?

I would assume so sense they only said September and did not specificly give a day/date
    does anyone know what that joined on date is under the avatars? I know I joined Dec-13-08, you used to see your real joined date in your "my account" before they updated it. As far as I can figure that avatar "joined" date is from your first post on tht avatar or maybe just first post...

When you make a charecter its auto listed in your avatars the join date is for when that avatar was added. try looking at your defualt avatar join date, it should be from when you first made your acount , becuase game /forum use same info. (what i think O.o") your defualt avatar is your original forum display name, which im going to assume if your User name, or some display name they asked of you in registration.
    Retired Sage.
  • Rambox - Sanctuary
    Rambox - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Did someone already receive the anniv. mount / fashion / blessing?
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Did someone already receive the anniv. mount / fashion / blessing?

I haven't yet. but im giving them from the time they put up that announcement ( which was 10 pm where I am) to now, its been 37 Hours/48 hours.So around 12 hours to go maybe o.o" if nothing goes wrong.
    Retired Sage.
  • PiscNinja - Sanctuary
    PiscNinja - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They stopped doing this least year because it just became too time consuming. They have to transfer each one of these manually. Their position on it last year was that if you want to transfer it you can do it through an account stash.

I'd have to agree, there are far better things for them to do than to manually transfer 1000 mounts just to be nice when there is an in-game feature that allows you to do it yourself.

No, last year they transfered them for people after X weeks of the aniversary - account stashes were introduced this year as I recall

They could easily have just made it tradeable, however they have decided to make it difficult to move around, AND they have CHOSEN to not give us a choice in the first place (I say chosen because they could easily have used an interface like jones' blessing etc - I wouldnt mind posting something on facebook even)

If the only method to transfer the gifts is through an account stash, and they dont even give us the option to make 1 transfer then not only would these gifts be useless to a large population of the server, but also PW seems (yet again) like a company that doesnt give two sh*ts about its users and just a money hungry corporation trying to bully its users into buying things.

A gift you have to pay for - isnt much of a gift tbf =P
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Also... my name is misspelled in the 1st post!!!! b:cry

>.> Thats my fault....Sorry b:surrenderb:surrender
    Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
  • Rambox - Sanctuary
    Rambox - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I haven't yet. but im giving them from the time they put up that announcement ( which was 10 pm where I am) to now, its been 37 Hours/48 hours.So around 12 hours to go maybe o.o" if nothing goes wrong.

Yeah, I saw the first page, "(...)in the next 24h". I'm waiting too, just wanted to know if someone already got.

and "if nothing goes wrong" b:shocked
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No, last year they transfered them for people after X weeks of the aniversary - account stashes were introduced this year as I recall

They could easily have just made it tradeable, however they have decided to make it difficult to move around, AND they have CHOSEN to not give us a choice in the first place (I say chosen because they could easily have used an interface like jones' blessing etc - I wouldnt mind posting something on facebook even)

If the only method to transfer the gifts is through an account stash, and they dont even give us the option to make 1 transfer then not only would these gifts be useless to a large population of the server, but also PW seems (yet again) like a company that doesnt give two sh*ts about its users and just a money hungry corporation trying to bully its users into buying things.

A gift you have to pay for - isnt much of a gift tbf =P

If they made it tradeable then it wouldn't realy be Anniversary only..
    they should have made it like blessing, with the system really checking registered dates server>charecter, so you can atleast choose. I can see ppl don't like the idea of buying account stash but its just another thing you could buy with in game coin like bank extension stone. I'm glad i bought one , though it wouldn't be any use to someone with all main charecters on different accounts, it has good purpose.
    Yeah, I saw the first page, "(...)in the next 24h". I'm waiting too, just wanted to know if someone already got.

and "if nothing goes wrong" b:shocked

Maybe around 9-10pm tonight O.o
    Retired Sage.
  • Kerriss - Lost City
    Kerriss - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hmmm, here's hoping then LOL
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    When you make a charecter its auto listed in your avatars the join date is for when that avatar was added. try looking at your defualt avatar join date, it should be from when you first made your acount , becuase game /forum use same info. (what i think O.o") your defualt avatar is your original forum display name, which im going to assume if your User name, or some display name they asked of you in registration.

Avatar date is first post. Hence why my avatar says 09 when I've been playing here since 08.
  • Distain - Heavens Tear
    Distain - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    People, just be happy with your gift. It's free. Stop whining about the fact that you need an account stash to trade it. Be happy with your gift. Normally you pay for a mount or fashion.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    People, just be happy with your gift. It's free. Stop whining about the fact that you need an account stash to trade it. Be happy with your gift. Normally you pay for a mount or fashion.

For those that already have the anni mount and no account stash. Technically we're paying 15 gold for a mount for our alts to have. >.<
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    For those that already have the anni mount and no account stash. Technically we're paying 15 gold for a mount for our alts to have. >.<

If you have alts, there is no reason to not get the account stash. It's far too useful and well worth the $15.b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Battlehealer - Heavens Tear
    Battlehealer - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ghgfhb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you have alts, there is no reason to not get the account stash. It's far too useful and well worth the $15.b:victory

Personally I haven't felt a need for an account stash stone yet because I like having my alts gain their own gear and such.

My main is low on inventory and bank space as it is already, so having another mount with me is just wasting space for something more useful. b:surrender

I wouldn't mind as much if it wasn't the same exact mount. lol
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I use the account stash AS extra bank space. :p
    Main characters
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How many slots does it give you?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Yep. It has a lot of benefits.

For one, the supply stash weapon is account stashable. Saves a hammer (if you want the weapon that is).

-Quest rewards are stashable (including that sexy lvl59 treasure hunt ring, allowing a character to have 2).

-You can use other characters' mailboxes to hoard Jones Blessings, since these are also stashable.

-You can easily level up genies with another character's SP/XP, since you can stash them while in NO-TRADE status.

-You can create all possible characters in your server, do the DQ warehouse expansions and have a collective warehouse the size of like 4 maxed out warehouses.

And of course you don't need to wait 1 hour to transfer stuff.

Well worth 15$ indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How many slots does it give you?

2 full rows. Yes its cheaper to just buy bank or inventory space, but its about what the account stash DOES that makes it worth it.
    Main characters
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I use my mom for transfering items since she also plays... So the account stash would be pretty useless to me... Besides I have better ways to spend my money then on pixels in a "F2P" game... But I don't realy mind... I'm happy with the fact we get a gift... Even though I'll probably never use it... The mount isn't girly at all... b:chuckle But it's the thaught that counts so thank you PWI... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • PiscNinja - Sanctuary
    PiscNinja - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yep. It has a lot of benefits.

For one, the supply stash weapon is account stashable. Saves a hammer (if you want the weapon that is).

-Quest rewards are stashable (including that sexy lvl59 treasure hunt ring, allowing a character to have 2).

-You can use other characters' mailboxes to hoard Jones Blessings, since these are also stashable.

-You can easily level up genies with another character's SP/XP, since you can stash them while in NO-TRADE status.

-You can create all possible characters in your server, do the DQ warehouse expansions and have a collective warehouse the size of like 4 maxed out warehouses.

And of course you don't need to wait 1 hour to transfer stuff.

Well worth 15$ indeed.

I dont doubt that it is a useful item, and I've been thinking of getting one anyway - but this is kinda pushing me to get one - which I dont like. I certainly WONT be buying one if they are going to be like that, in fact if they give me the option to transfer it - i'll be more likely to buy one anyway.
This discussion has been closed.