Options
1235»

Comments

• Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All three factions are independently lead

Actually, I think you're being too literal, and because of it, also commiting a misinterpretation. Of course EQ leader isn't Tempest or Dynasty leader. with his/her own account or with someone else's account.

As I understand "factions having independant lead" means that they do not decide, pressure to or interfere their TW process. With alt accounts, bid money, overbids or any other sort of mechanism made to break the TW schedulling to ensure a beneficial timeslot and grouping

In the end, as I've said before, the TW rules are too open to interpretation, and just like Mirage Pay was aimed to destroy the dominant faction, this rules are also aimed to stop said faction from achieving total domination.

"Legitimate chance to win" is not actually as we believed it was, the chance of a faction to defeat the enemy faction. Instead, it means that the bidding faction has to have no bonds with the defending faction, as the bid could be read as fake. Even when Inversion wasn't asked to bid. And when they did bid, we didn't ask them to no-show. When they showed, we just treated this war the same way we treated Tempest last weekend and Dynasty 2 weekends ago. But Tempest and Dynasty were not banned, even as it was clear they had no chance to win a war they lost in 5 minutes, because they are not assumed allied to Calamity.

If you ask me, I don't see inversion as allies, just another TW faction in this server that is friendly towards Calamity and deserves respect like any other. Technically, they did their best effort to defend, just like Dynasty and Tempest did in the past weekends when they too got stomped.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually, I think you're being too literal, and because of it, also commiting a misinterpretation. Of course EQ leader isn't Tempest or Dynasty leader. with his/her own account or with someone else's account.

As I understand "factions having independant lead" means that they do not decide, pressure to or interfere their TW process. With alt accounts, bid money, overbids or any other sort of mechanism made to break the TW schedulling to ensure a beneficial timeslot and grouping

In the end, as I've said before, the TW rules are too open to interpretation, and just like Mirage Pay was aimed to destroy the dominant faction, this rules are also aimed to stop said faction from achieving total domination.

"Legitimate chance to win" is not actually as we believed it was, the chance of a faction to defeat the enemy faction. Instead, it means that the bidding faction has to have no bonds with the defending faction, as the bid could be read as fake. Even when Inversion wasn't asked to bid. And when they did bid, we didn't ask them to no-show. When they showed, we just treated this war the same way we treated Tempest last weekend and Dynasty 2 weekends ago. But Tempest and Dynasty were not banned, even as it was clear they had no chance to win a war they lost in 5 minutes, because they are not assumed allied to Calamity.

If you ask me, I don't see inversion as allies, just another TW faction in this server that is friendly towards Calamity and deserves respect like any other. Technically, they did their best effort to defend, just like Dynasty and Tempest did in the past weekends when they too got stomped.

The territory rules are open, but this game is rented from china version. What happened there is the dominating faction would have fake factions bid to stop legitimate attacks from happening at all. These rules are to stop the dominating faction from having alt factions bid on their land to have no territory wars. I don't believe these rules are to stop ganks at all.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never said that GMs wanted to stop ganks. Read again. I explained that the rule is interpreted to benefit the contender factions. Which explains why the faction allegedly allied to us got banned, even though they were beaten under the same timeframe and circumstances that Tempest, Vanquish, Dynasty and Renegades are.

How I understand the rule, and how people in this forums can see the planning behind it, that's a different subject for a different thread/ticket.

*Note that I'm not arguing the ban, but the rule*

Still, I totally agree. The rule is against fake bidding, which is not a common practice, at least in our server. So how do you justify what happened though? In my opinion, the contender factions felt their 3 way gank was broken by the intentions of another faction to TW. and had it reported... we all know what happened after. No need to discuss this.

The effects though, backfire to the contenders. It's really simple. By blocking small factions from TW with the ghost of a fake bid, It ruins the real fun of the war and the experience of TW, even a 5 minute bash, you give the dominating force more recruits. I was checking attendance logs for our TWs, we have notably increased our attendance in 5 months, mainly because of a strong base of players that all came from small TW factions: Placid, Bushido, HDT, Dominion.

This measure has reduced the effective TW schedulling for defense from 10 to 4. And the active TW factions from 8 to 4-5. Attendance for those 3-4 contenders hasn't increased to a substancial level as the attendance for the dominant faction has. So how is this or Mirage pay the possitive measures Frankie and Kantorek said they would be.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never said that GMs wanted to stop ganks. Read again. I explained that the rule is interpreted to benefit the contender factions. Which explains why the faction allegedly allied to us got banned, even though they were beaten under the same timeframe and circumstances that Tempest, Vanquish, Dynasty and Renegades are.

How I understand the rule, and how people in this forums can see the planning behind it, that's a different subject for a different thread/ticket.

*Note that I'm not arguing the ban, but the rule*

Still, I totally agree. The rule is against fake bidding, which is not a common practice, at least in our server. So how do you justify what happened though? In my opinion, the contender factions felt their 3 way gank was broken by the intentions of another faction to TW. and had it reported... we all know what happened after. No need to discuss this.

The effects though, backfire to the contenders. It's really simple. By blocking small factions from TW with the ghost of a fake bid, It ruins the real fun of the war and the experience of TW, even a 5 minute bash, you give the dominating force more recruits. I was checking attendance logs for our TWs, we have notably increased our attendance in 5 months, mainly because of a strong base of players that all came from small TW factions: Placid, Bushido, HDT, Dominion.

This measure has reduced the effective TW schedulling for defense from 10 to 4. And the active TW factions from 8 to 4-5. Attendance for those 3-4 contenders hasn't increased to a substancial level as the attendance for the dominant faction has. So how is this or Mirage pay the possitive measures Frankie and Kantorek said they would be.

Yup, I don't really see much fake bidding on our server. Over the past few months TW has been losing factions, but some have gone forward and decided to plan to become TW factions. The small factions can't really do much in TW on our server vs. the Dominant faction besides ganking, and to be honest, right now the numbers of attendees and levels aren't that great. Some factions want to TW, but when time comes for the TW their amount of members online dwindles and it leaves them questionable to being a fake bid which isn't really healthy for the TW scenerio. It's almost like Dominant factions can just play games against people that bid on them like:

1. Win TW without using towers
    2. Win TW by only letting clerics pull catapults
    3. Win TW by default of time
    4. Win TW without using any catapults
    5. Win TW with just 1 squad
    6. Win TW without using any potions/apoth
    7. Win TW with just one class being allowed to leave the base

• Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    clerics can pull catas b:angry i been begging seraphim and lightaine to let me pull a cata FINALLY BB letted me;( volf died but i lived ironic eh? we need to change our cata barbs with clerics b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    clerics can pull catas b:angry i been begging seraphim and lightaine to let me pull a cata FINALLY BB letted me;( volf died but i lived ironic eh? we need to change our cata barbs with clerics b:victory

Yea, exactly because of plume shell and magic defense, plus it's harder for the physical classes to get right up there if AOEs are in place
    b:laugh

• Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How long will you be beating that horse loar its already dead! D:<
    And we both know the only reason you stayed alive was beacause i didnt know you were there =3
    </3

*Waves to Ds* :3
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:angry fine alias i challenge u to a 1 vs 1 come to OT b:angry

and i would keep beating that horse FOREVAA b:victory i carried a cata that destroyed a crystal b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We have land.b:victory
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We have land.b:victory

I still hate you <3 b:cute
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I still hate you <3 b:cute

Nahh. You love me. You admitted it yourself. <3

Love me like a Mother in law, I believe you said.b:surrender
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options

If I am not mistaken, the quote was that to those I have grown to know more recently, "I hate you, go to hell, and I hope you die. <3"

b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:angry fine alias i challenge u to a 1 vs 1 come to OT
    and i would keep beating that horse FOREVAA i carried a cata that destroyed a crystal

BRING IT OOOOON BISH b:angry
    *Tells the horses family it wont be coming back ="(
    If I am not mistaken, the quote was that to those I have grown to know more recently, "I hate you, go to hell, and I hope you die. <3"

.......Decus your scaryb:sweat

oh and see what i told you tep >.>
    Im bad luck >:l
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options

But that was a later quote. Things you said in the past supercede future statements :3
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options

u prove me more and more that u r the mail box b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

what will happen now
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I feel guilty for laughing at this b:surrender
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I feel guilty for laughing at this b:surrender

You should. If anyone knows how un-mailboxy I am it's you >>
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options

Oh wow I read that at work and almost had to stop myself from laughing so much that it would disturb my co-workers
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    In my eyes now, I see Regenesis is the strongest TW faction on Dreamweaver.

• grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Necro.
    Closed.
This discussion has been closed.