The most useless skill you have?

Options

Comments

• Bee - Dreamweaver
    Bee - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Meh..idk...Blessing of the Purehearted isn't gonna win any awards, that's for sure, but i still use my lvl 2 for a 450-500HP heal between mobs at a cost of 40 mana which isn't all that bad i guess. o.o
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You could remove these archer skills and I wouldn't really notice.

1) Stormrage Eagleon - nearly useless waste of a 2 spark skill
    2) Vicious Arrow - worthless DoT
    3) Serrated Arrow - worthless DoT (kinda ok to build chi)
    4) Deadly shot - At end game take aim costs less mana has less cooldown and does more damage
    5) Flight Mastery - Worthless for everything except starter wings
    6) Blessing of Condor - It removes your normal evasion buff, very much an unreliable last-ditch defense
    7) Winged Pledge - Don't really need this with claws. Wingspan is a lot better anyway
    8) Frost arrow - waste of chi at end game, not viable in pvp.. it was useful in early / mid levels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's not useless lol, I do agree that it may be the least used wizard skill, but that doesn't make it useless. Useless means that it has no uses whatsoever. In this case, that's not true. Also polls don't prove if something is right or wrong, they just say what the opinion of the majority of people is.

So you would pick "Ember Storm" over some kind of mana drain/transfer skill? b:sad
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You could remove these archer skills and I wouldn't really notice.

4) Deadly shot - At end game take aim costs less mana has less cooldown and does more damage
    8) Frost arrow - waste of chi at end game, not viable in pvp.. it was useful in early / mid levels

I thought the same with Deadly Shot. It is really nice when you first get it, but if you wait 15-20 levels, Take Aim is so much better, especially if you get lucky and refine a 60/70 weapon on the cheap side. I also like Take Aim as a second shot for squishies. I always had my key setup for 1 ) Stun 2) Take Aim. I would press 1 then hold 2 down so Take Aim cast instantly. Was a pretty good opener for PvP.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If clerics did get another ulti, I'd like to see it be able to stun since we seem to be the only class without a stun skill. >.>

Also, it'd be a bird, not a dragon.

Okay, sure a bird then, whatever... b:lipcurl
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Emberstorm is, yes, a useless skill untill TB comes out. Now it's great skill to find sinsb:victory

One skill I'd want to replace is frostblade. b:cry
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
    edited August 2010
    Options
    eagleon! give them EAGLEON LOL

Give who "EAGLEON"? What is eagleon by the way? b:question
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Emberstorm is, yes, a useless skill untill TB comes out. Now it's great skill to find sinsb:victory

One skill I'd want to replace is frostblade. b:cry

But you could just use
    "Dragon's Breath" to do that. Both skills you need a target to use the skill on first. And ever if you do find one that way losing HP from using that skill will put you at a disadvantage if you charge if for too long. b:shocked

I use
    "Frostblade all the time. Mainly just to get chi.b:chuckle Maybe they should upgrade it some how.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Essential Sutra - provides only 15 seconds of 62% increase in flying speed. Has a 90 second cool down. It's a level 79 Psychic skill that cost over 1 million coins.

Psychics have a "Essential Sutra" skill too! b:shocked

Can someone please tell me where all the poor useless
    wizards no one cares about go to die? b:cry
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Class: Psychic
    Skill: Tide Form
    Exchanged for: Black Ice Dragon Strike

Tide Form is the only skill I'd agree to getting changed, HOWEVER, if it were for BIDS, I'd agree to let Red Tide go too.

And Yulk, you can't honestly say you're gonna go play the game when you haven't even started it yet, seeing as you're only lvl 55, so just stop talking about playing the game and learn it instead.

And also, your barb is on HT, HT isn't a PvP server.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

But you could just use
    "Dragon's Breath" to do that. Both skills you need a target to use the skill on first. And ever if you do find one that way losing HP from using that skill will put you at a disadvantage if you charge if for too long. b:shocked

I use
    "Frostblade all the time. Mainly just to get chi.b:chuckle Maybe they should upgrade it some how.

DB costs 1 spark, and ES costs a liltle tiny bit hp and is quicker to do.
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Class: Cleric

Skill: Thunderball (sry all...Blessing is amazing for fast, low mp chi :P)

Replace: ANY Aoe purify...Why did Psy's get and not us b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Class: Barb

Usless Skill: Flesh Ream

Replace with: A constant aoe arma

b:shutupb:pleased
  • Zaelmith - Sanctuary
    Zaelmith - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So you would pick "Ember Storm" over some kind of mana drain/transfer skill? b:sad

Nah, not really, I already agreed with the hp to mp drain idea. I'm not saying Emberstorm is a super skill, just saying that it's not useless.

It's not that bad, the devs were just so full of imagination when they created the new classes that they copy-pasted the name from our skill. But they're skill just does a silly fly speed thing.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah totally agree wizzys should be able to get a 'cleric class specific skill', in return we should be granted one like Black Ice Dragon Strike
    /facepalm

You already have one, it's called Tempest. Yes it is slightly weaker, but I believe we asked for a gimped and weaker res too (100% less weapon damage, but that's nothing seeing as base magic attack + 400% weapon damage is around %1000 at endgame, and difference between %1000 and %1100 is only 10%)

How about we get a res that, say, channels twice as long or something, or has a very close range to res (say, 6 meters), or whatever other gimped version. You have a 10% weaker BIDS now we want a 10% weaker res too. b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    AOE Purify should be ours b:cryb:cry

Yes...I constantly qq about this b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    AOE Purify should be ours b:cryb:cry

Yes...I constantly qq about this b:sad

Psys ripped elves off in general with their version of Sutra.

Why the fish get a skill to boost flight speed for anyone but the elves who are supposedly masters of the sky don't is anyone's guess.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Psys ripped elves off in general with their version of Sutra.

Why the fish get a skill to boost flight speed for anyone but the elves who are supposedly masters of the sky don't is anyone's guess.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the devs to take away our puny wings and give us the aquatic UT aero (tho I DO like my Frozen Sparkleb:dirty)
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    /facepalm

You already have one, it's called Tempest. Yes it is slightly weaker, but I believe we asked for a gimped and weaker res too (100% less weapon damage, but that's nothing seeing as base magic attack + 400% weapon damage is around %1000 at endgame, and difference between %1000 and %1100 is only 10%)

How about we get a res that, say, channels twice as long or something, or has a very close range to res (say, 6 meters), or whatever other gimped version. You have a 10% weaker BIDS now we want a 10% weaker res too. b:bye

yeah go facepalm 20 more times and slap yourself for me.
    res is res. No matter what the after effects are or the requisites, as long as you get the ultimate job done, to REVIVE the **** who died, no ones going to really care. The sole purpose of res is to get that tard back on their feet and running.

What do u think if clerics asked for a
    - self barb buff that channels twice as long or something
    - self bm buff that channels twice as long or something
    - self veno buff that channels twice as long or something
    - cleric version of bloodpaint that channels twice as long or something
    - cleric barrage that channels twice as long or something

If your asking for a class specific spell, be fair and tweak the skill itself, not the REQUISITES or BONUS that comes with the skill, yet gets the skill done 100% like the other class. ("oh the requisites should be higher! oh the bonuses should be lower! oh but we want the revive itself to have the same full effects as it does the other class")
    At the minimum, if wiz should get a revive, i think the penalty should be a 'weakened' state of -%50 stats including HP for 5min for the revived guy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

The forums?
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Umm... Idk if this has gone off topic. But for any cleric, purehearted blessing is the most useless skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Channels three times longer, uses up all mana and doesn't prevent exp loss.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • truekossy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Instant channel, doesn't prevent EXP loss, and has a 1 hour cooldown.

b:victory
  • $Flash$ - Heavens Tear
    $Flash$ - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Class: Sin
    Useless Move: Twin Strike
    Replace with: Ducking tiger stab stab technique or you tried to poke my eye, so I poke both of yours out :D b:shockedb:pleased
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Strike?
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I always thought giving wizzies a mp-giving version of Lending Hand might be neat b:avoid

But yeah... manifest virtue.......... no ty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I always thought giving wizzies a mp-giving version of Lending Hand might be neat b:avoid

I want wellspring to be a squad buff dammit! b:irritated
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OOH OH!!

Useless skill: Revive
    Give us: Self-revive instead b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OOH OH!!

Useless skill: Revive
    Give us: Self-revive instead b:laugh

Sometimes I wish that genie floating around my dead body could be taught to revive me T_T
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    I want wellspring to be a squad buff dammit! b:irritated

I suggested that once but people said they'd QQ about charm ticks b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]