[Server Maintenance] 8-24-10

Comments

• ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear
    ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    youve got to be kidding me..... why is it that nights i decide to play all night theres always maintenance.....

well maybe after maintenance ill stop dcing every 10 minutes(exxageration, id throw my laptop in to a concrete wall if i was dcing every 10mins)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sig pic by Dorset b:thanks
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Neither. I pick Nien Tiger/Celestial Beast event. It's available everyday and don't need top to win good stuff. It also has a random feature that switches last place with first place.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nien event.

Tigers are at 6am for me... .......
    No ty.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Deffo Nien for Clerics :) not too much contri, Nien plus Celestial rerwards will be awesome =) and please ... not another patch who screws game T.T
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nein Event. Only because I can't attend Celestial Tiger. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:chuckle

<3 Coco b:kiss

MENDY! *Tackles* b:kiss

So now that you've had some time to get to know them, which event do you like better: Celestial Tiger or Nien Beast?

Both events are good, and similar in a way but I like the nein beast event better because it happened more often, everyday as opposed to once a week.
    >.<
  • ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear
    ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sethh wrote: »
    Deffo Nien for Clerics :) not too much contri, Nien plus Celestial rerwards will be awesome =) and please ... not another patch who screws game T.T

lol b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sig pic by Dorset b:thanks
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The frequency of the Neinbeast Event was what made it amazing. It was something fun to do twice a day but it wasn't very fair to ranged or magic classes.

Tiger event is better, and it's more fair for everyone. but sadly it's only once a week. I wish it could be at least bi-weekly. The prizes in Tiger event are too good, so I wouldn't suggest it being more than twice a week. It is fun.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nien event duh, after getting the tiger all class pet its worthless to do the celestial tiger one anymore
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    it wasn't very fair to ranged or magic classes.

Hmm... why is that? Honest question.
    edited August 2010
    Nien event duh, after getting the tiger all class pet its worthless to do the celestial tiger one anymore

You can also get event gold and buy free fash, charms or whatever.... if you open the top packs you have a chance of winning 50 gold. If you get one of the lower packs, someone said you're guaranteed 10 gold.

Event boutique is amazing...

Hmm... why is that? Honest question.

Because there are many more mobs. Look at the rankings after the 5000 mobs have been killed. 5aps means nothing in that part of the event.

Plus 5aps can't share contribution points with the boss... meaning other users can't leech to win.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I personally prefer the Celestial Tiger event.
    The Nien event was a nightmare.. The lag in Archosaur was pretty much like the West district was the entire city.
    The Celestial Tiger event however I find much more enjoyable. And the prizes you can get from the Celestial Insignias - especially the fashion ^^ - if you aquire enough of them are cute and helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i chose the rubber-banding event

no winners just participants YaY

Frickk

No winners but can do it again ... and again ... and again ... and again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Event boutique is amazing...

Everything from that damn event is unable to trade

No ty, I want Nien back
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    PLEASE tell me the "Deja-Vu" Jump/Fall Glitch is being fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Celestial Tiger for sure.

Got me a baby tiger cub and 100 event gold.

Free charms ftw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Since you still completely ignore Euro timezone players I doubt I will ever play the tiger event since you stuck it on middle of the early morning and during the week.

So yeh thanks!!

More cash shop stuff this week I take it and no bug fixes?
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I like tiger event most. was #4 archer last time. got for like 10m
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I love the tiger event I wish it happened more often I live for monday nights.
    nien i never ranked well in.. I lagged way to much and had to avoid all of arch while it was going on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Everything from that damn event is unable to trade

No ty, I want Nien back

You still get stuff from packs, and the Celestial Insignias sell for 200k ea or so. Not sure if the Celestial Shards can be sold though.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You still get stuff from packs, and the Celestial Insignias sell for 200k ea or so. Not sure if the Celestial Shards can be sold though.

They were 700K on HT for the first 2 weeks.....all because some guy was buying loads and loads of them for 700K each......

and yea, don't think Celestial Shards can be traded, which sucks....I want that Tidal Wafer buff box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010

Because there are many more mobs. Look at the rankings after the 5000 mobs have been killed. 5aps means nothing in that part of the event.

Plus 5aps can't share contribution points with the boss... meaning other users can't leech to win.

I definitely like the not being able to leech part. At first I thought the 5k mobs would be better, but I honestly had a hard time finding my own without KSing. I accidentally KS'd a few times anyways and feel lucky to have not been pk'd, lol. Maybe it's just that all the high levels were at Lost City. At the start, it didn't look like that many people were there.

I checked my points after the mobs and remember being disappointed. I didn't want to waste the time to check anyone else because the boss spawned right in front of me at that point. Lol. However I got quite a bit of contribution from both bosses around Lost, and I ended up with more points overall than I expected. Random points kicked me out of the top 20. Anyways, next time I'll check rankings for all the other classes.

So in short, I don't understand how 5aps wouldn't still help you. I know very little about melee classes. Seems like the mob part is basically faster kills = more points... How exactly were the rankings different? Again, honest question ^^ And thanks! b:victory

Edit: Or, were you saying that the shared contribution points alone made the difference in ranking in Nien? Eh that still doesn't make sense to me. I must be missing something. Sorry my brain is low on mp at the moment.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010

So now that you've had some time to get to know them, which event do you like better: Celestial Tiger or Nien Beast?
    Celestial tiger. It has nice fashion but sadly its only once a week =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited August 2010
    So in short, I don't understand how 5aps wouldn't still help you. I know very little about melee classes. Seems like the mob part is basically faster kills = more points... How exactly were the rankings different? Again, honest question ^^ And thanks! b:victory

Edit: Or, were you saying that the shared contribution points alone made the difference in ranking in Nien? Eh that still doesn't make sense to me. I must be missing something. Sorry my brain is low on mp at the moment.

5aps doesn't help because it's single target... The people who were getting the most points were either mages who could lure a bunch in and then zhen, clerics who did the same or archers. Increasing the mob count from 2000 to 5000 really helped out the ranged classes the most.

Yes, the shared contribution for the bosses in Neinbeast caused many people to log alts or friends to leech, so they would place much higher than if they were alone. For Neinbeast, mages, clerics, psychics or venos could party with a 5aps to win their classes without having to do any real work. They fixed that with the Tiger event.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have both...

A good feeling about this patch and a bad feeling about this patch

(if there is a name change in Boutique I will buy that ASAP)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Huang_Chun - Heavens Tear
    Huang_Chun - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have both...

A good feeling about this patch and a bad feeling about this patch

(if there is a name change in Boutique I will buy that ASAP)

On second thought, never mind. I will just get everything back again b:cute Just name change. But yes I have a good feeling about this patch and a bad feeling
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Can u guys make that celestial tiger event like 3x a week?? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Prefer the Nien event honestly. I generally scored lower in Nein event since I didn't group with anyone but I at least came away with better rewards (stuff I could sell OR trade). With Celestial Tigers I score a bit higher but the rewards are rather crappy imo. Tons of celestial shards and 2 hypers I can't trade or sell away b:sad

I guess the rewards suck less above #15.

Neutral about what's to come with the maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    5aps doesn't help because it's single target... The people who were getting the most points were either mages who could lure a bunch in and then zhen, clerics who did the same or archers. Increasing the mob count from 2000 to 5000 really helped out the ranged classes the most.

Yes, the shared contribution for the bosses in Neinbeast caused many people to log alts or friends to leech, so they would place much higher than if they were alone. For Neinbeast, mages, clerics, psychics or venos could party with a 5aps to win their classes without having to do any real work. They fixed that with the Tiger event.

Hmm ok I see. Thanks for the clarification ^^
  • Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary
    Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    - Celestial Tiger Wins! Because theres no way for players to get unfair advantages by squading or using alts.. Only down side of Celestia Tiger event is that it's only once a week :( --