I think assassassins are uh..winning.
    winning teh contest of hate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think assassassins are uh..winning.
    winning teh contest of hate.

I'm still laughing my **** off at how one-sided this is.

If you ask me it's because Perfect World did TOO good of a job of imitating real life assassins. Real life assassins simply learn about you and come at you when you'd least expect it and when there's the best chance to get away with the kill without being caught. Perfect World assassins often do the same damn thing: instead of just coming at you, they wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait, AND WAIT, and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait, and then FINALLY when you've said you're gonna trade someone or when another target attacks you or you're dueling, THEN the sin jumps you. This means you can't do JACK when a sin is on your butt. You've just gotta wait, which is....flippin' boring.

They also don't stand their ground. If they're losing or if the fight gets too risky, they just stealth and run. This means that even if you survive their attack, it's still essentially a draw. Furthermore, all you've done is started the waiting game back up. Congrats.

Sins need to stop being such pussehs and just attack more often and not ditch out on fights. Then people would respect them more, I'm sure.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ.

Assassins are supposed to play the way that they are being played. Don't a Shinzoko and try to tank things when you are light armor and squishy as **. Sin's should play exactly like this: Come out stun/sleep/paralyzed. Spark~autoattack/stun/paralyze/etc. Not dead yet? Stealth~Repeat.

Why play like this? Most people will get frustrated and lose their edge or waste a CD trying to survive/counter the first round of attacks, thus the next round could be the finisher. However i voted venos because sins = meh. Venos = debuff me. /rage.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Assassins are supposed to play the way that they are being played. Don't a Shinzoko and try to tank things when you are light armor and squishy as **. Sin's should play exactly like this: Come out stun/sleep/paralyzed. Spark~autoattack/stun/paralyze/etc. Not dead yet? Stealth~Repeat.

Why play like this? Most people will get frustrated and lose their edge or waste a CD trying to survive/counter the first round of attacks, thus the next round could be the finisher. However i voted venos because sins = meh. Venos = debuff me. /rage.

Yeah of course they're supposed to play like that. Their buff timers and overall skill line-up encourage them to do so.

....But it's friggin' boring!
    No one wants to wait ages for a sin to get the balls up to finally attack you. If someone's in the PK zone, then it probably means they WANT to PK. They WANT to fight and have fun. However, sins are such high damage opponents that simply wait for you to be in a fight with someone else, having a sin on your butt basically means you CAN'T PK. If you run up and hit someone, the sin will jump you. If you get attacked, the sin will jump you. You're forced to fight a constant 2v1 vs. the class that has the highest DPS in the game. What's worse is that you can't even pick a fight with him first to prevent this (other high damage classes always get targeted first to prevent being hit by them), since he's the one in stealth and he's the one that gets to decide when you both fight; he of course picks an opportunity where the odds are against you. You also can't easily kill him because he'll stealth the moment stuff gets dangerous.

Why WOULDN'T people hate them?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Haha I voted for wizzy.
    Their high and mighty attitude is just as bad as sins.
    And I'm SICK and TIRED of being compared to them and making me feel like I should regret playing a ****ty worthless class.
    Don't worry about that and don't let it get to you. Psychic is far from a ****ty worthless class.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I tend to play in more squad oriented tanker/protector/healer roles, so I get really annoyed at the bozos/heroes/zeroes constantly playing "whose is bigger." They distract the cleric and endanger the squad as they run around with their heads up their arses and try to steal aggro from the tank. While every class has them, there are two classes which seem to be dominated by them:

1. Assassins
    2. Archers

I suppose if I were to continue the list, it would look something like:

3. BMs
    4. Wizards/Psychics
    5. Psychics/Wizards
    6. Clerics (who are not the designated healer)
    7. Venomancers
    8. Barbs

Based solely on my experiences and observations:

Barbs seem to have enough sense to know that when there are multiple Barbs in a squad; one tanks in Tiger Form and any others DD in Humanoid Form. Have met very few that wouldn't do this.

While the less experienced Venos can accidentally aggro mobs you were trying to avoid, Venos don't typically try to steal aggro. They either are the tank (via their pet) or they and their pet DDs.

Clerics are usually too busy healing to play stupid games, but the chances of someone dieing seems to go up as the number of clerics in a squad goes up. Maybe it is because they think that the other cleric(s) will heal and they can finally relax and DD. I reflexively cringe when I get into a squad and see 3 clerics already there.

Wizards and Psychics places can interchange in the annoyance list. Most do seem to try to nerf their damage so they don't get squashed by a boss.

BMs...What can I say. There seems to be a lot of BMs out there with something to prove and when you get a couple 2 or 3 of them in the same squad - CHAOS can ensue. They flit about in all different directions, hitting anything that moves rather than "Assist Attacking" the same mob. A Cleric's nightmare.

Archers were probably the most hated class until Assassins came along. So many seem oblivious the the concept of adjusting their damage output to the ability of the tank to hold aggro. Unless you want the boss in your lap, figure out how to

Which brings us to Assassins. Easily THE most annoying thing PWI has ever wrought upon the rest of us. Aside from many being annoying, foul-mouthed, braggart, little brat kids, many have annoying habits in dungeons, such as; going stealth to get past groups of mobs, leaving the rest of the squad to fight their way through them. (How about joining the team, eh?) I really get a good laugh when one does that and gets smashed on the other side and has to lie there dead until we get there. A lot forget that while they do have great damage output, they are pretty damn squishy. Example: A wasp stings you and it hurts like hell, so you kill the darn thing in one enraged swat. This is what happens when 'Sins mindlessly attack whatever boss the squad happens to be killing. If they don't kill it before they **** it off enough to make it want to kill them - they die, starting a chain reaction of squad death, because the cleric feels s/he should rez them, which draws heals from the tank, who dies and so on we go until the cleric is left going to town to rez everyone - assuming, that is, that s/he can get back in to rez because everyone thought it would be a good idea to rush past groups of mobs or mobs have since re-spawned and are now blocking the path.

Again, this is only my experience and I certainly do not apply the above to everyone who plays the various classes. "One bad apple" and all. As always, your mileage may vary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ASSassins seems to attract the most... well you know, type of people. They normally have no idea what the heck they are doing, but believe they are pro cuz they gotz some OP skillz woot woot!! (psy is a close 2nd for most of the same reasons)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • TsukuyomiHot - Raging Tide
    TsukuyomiHot - Raging Tide Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    everyone runs around like headless chickens

I LOL'd hard. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I hate sins, they always kill me in TW and they lways try to go ninja in BH's b:embarrass
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This poll one year ago would had had the venos as winners, ijs.
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm an assassin, and I fear other assassins the most. Don't exactly hate any class tbh :o

About the personality--> class thing, SO true. I find when I play a different class, I act differently (cleric for instance) just because the class is different.

-Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I picked the average blademaster. Why? i just simply hate 100 vit pure axe bms. Their ego's are just as big as sins. Which they think they can own everyone, but the difference is that the sin can actually own.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No offense to all the great assassins out there but your class has attracted many noobs with poor attitudes and big egos. Also, they're useless in TW.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It would be Sin for my as i had a bad experience with me and to those who said Cleric maybe because you are so demanding.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i chose sin becus my friend is a better sin then me & rolls my **** all the time in duelsb:angry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I chose veno, reason : OP nix bleed , have to fight 2vs1, 2 skills that make them kinda immun to dmg

Edit : And coz they pk me in cube QQ lol
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    IBased solely on my experiences and observations:

Barbs seem to have enough sense to know that when there are multiple Barbs in a squad; one tanks in Tiger Form and any others DD in Humanoid Form. Have met very few that wouldn't do this.
    Heh. A friend who played a high level barb told me that when two barbs meet in the PK rooms in Cube, they don't attack each other. They know it'd be a waste of charms with probably no winner. So instead they inspect each others' equipment. If one is obviously superior to the other, the weaker barb then suicides.

No idea how true it is, but I can totally see them doing that. Barb players do seem to be more thoughtful and careful about what they do. Probably because they're the ones usually getting hit.
    Clerics are usually too busy healing to play stupid games, but the chances of someone dieing seems to go up as the number of clerics in a squad goes up. Maybe it is because they think that the other cleric(s) will heal and they can finally relax and DD. I reflexively cringe when I get into a squad and see 3 clerics already there.
    This actually contributed to the Challenger disaster. NASA had essential systems inspected 3 times by different inspectors. In theory this would've meant 3x the chance to catch a problem. But when audited, they found it actually increased the chances that an inspector would skip an inspection. Each inspector would figure at least one of the two other inspectors would inspect it, so it'd be ok for them to skip it. It caused them to miss a lot of problems.
    Archers were probably the most hated class until Assassins came along. So many seem oblivious the the concept of adjusting their damage output to the ability of the tank to hold aggro. Unless you want the boss in your lap, figure out how to
    This is probably because most of them haven't yet figured out that at high level, they maximize their DPS by not using skills. So they think they're "holding back" by not using any skills, when in fact they're actually doing more damage that way. To hold back on an archer, switch to a lower level bow, or just pause your attacks now and then (and save some ammo).
  • DeeDania - Raging Tide
    DeeDania - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I voted "Assasin".. Like many others b:chuckle

The reason is, that those I have been with in pertys, pretty much jumped on anything - and everything. And as a Veno, Im supposed to pull/lure, but that become rather hard, when the **** run with my pet, and attack - when im luring/pulling.. So they end up, many times, getting themself and the hole squard dead.

Im not a huge fan of Venos too.. LoL - some might say, thats stupid, now im playing one. But I really dont like venos, that dont know how to lure/pull - cus that is giving the veno a bad name.
    AND all classes that runs around like headless chickens, when I store my pet, in bag - when im luring.. They all panic, and sometimes get everyone killed.
    f:grin Awesomeness is a state of mind f:shy
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited August 2010

And exactly for that reason , I can just go in SZ and wait till my skill/apoth cds are rdy again ( unless it's a world pk fight far, far away from any SZ ) .

I love how they QQ about me " running away " while they stealth whenever things get bad for them .

Yes I know it's lame , but a lame class need's lame counters , ijs .

Their incredibly easy ways of obtaining chi are one of the most broken things especially in pvp . Any other class would need to think on how to use their chi ; be it in spark eruptions or skills since they can't get it back that easy .

If I attempt to demon spark in pvp ( which I don't do much unless I'm facing a bm or barb that I can't take down without it ) and fail to kill the opponent then I've pretty much lost most of my chi and besides the fact that every class is much weaker w/o chi , a bm is kinda useless in any form of pvp (tw/pk/duels/DT) without it .

While a sin can just go : " Oh hey , let's demon spark , get chi again so I can demon spark + stun/seal/sleep/paralize lock & try to kill ! Oh **** I failed but it's cool I can try again in a bit . Oh damn it , failed again but np , I got chi yet again ! ZOMG another fail but wait why am I worried? I can get all my chi back again , I GOT DIS ! "

Something like that :P

And this is coming from some1 who doesn't have much trouble vs sins unless incredibly overgeared , but you don't need to get facerolled by a class in order to see how broken it is .

And weak in pve? They got the highest DPS in the game and can tank with some decent gears ,by no means OP ones . If archers do it , so can sins ... only with a higher dmg output.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This actually contributed to the Challenger disaster. NASA had essential systems inspected 3 times by different inspectors. In theory this would've meant 3x the chance to catch a problem. But when audited, they found it actually increased the chances that an inspector would skip an inspection. Each inspector would figure at least one of the two other inspectors would inspect it, so it'd be ok for them to skip it. It caused them to miss a lot of problems.

D:
    Teh O-ring~~~
    x.x'
    Teh failure~
    >.<'

Also which class do me hate the most?
    O.o'
    None, why would me hate a class?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This poll one year ago would had had the venos as winners, ijs.

lol yeah, I was just about to post that too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I lol'd. Thanks for the laugh :)
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Archers. But just the mechanics behind them.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I hate playing assassins because they go through potions like water. They are light armor wearing melee class, so they get hit and take damage a lot. I know that they can slay an enemy very fast with the right combination of skills. Tanks are my favorite melee chars. I like being able to absorb huge amounts of punishment. Sins just can't do that.
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Assasins Hands Down. Reasons:
    1. Have 2 chi skills that literally gives them 2 sparks in a few seconds.

2. Assasins can stealth (that's fair) but they can ALSO heal up, use chi skills and even spark when you're not looking (this includes genie like Occult Ice)

3. They hit way to damn high even on Heavy Armor Barbs.

4. They get their Dead-end Nerves to survive being a 1 sho.

5. Have you seen their beggining level 1 skills? It's seriously like if they were level 40 at lvl 20 or something.

6. Same as 3. REDUCE THEIR DAMAGE!!!!!!! b:angry

7. They get a skill where you're able to crit a 1........... WTF IS THIS? NERF THE DAMN ASSASINS.

8..... Sleep, Stun, Freeze, stun again.... (chain stunning is a blademasters job not an assasins.)

QQ more pleaseb:bye.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I voted for Wizards.

Actually, not just Wizards in general, but mostly Ehee in specific. He makes playing a heavy not so much fun. There's not many like him though, so I'm lucky for that much.

b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I hate playing barbs, and most jerks I have met ingame have been barbs. :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I never have to worry about holding back on my damage. I just tank everything.

Same here. If a barb 5 lvls ahead of me can't hold aggro, then no class ever will be able to.
    Although a lvl 101 sin did hold it and tank everything in a frost run a few days ago. That was quite awesome.

SIDE NOTE:: At least everyone has quit whining about how OP the venos and their nixes are.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Class most hated by other classes: Assassin

Class most hated by developers: Wizard (you will know what I'm talking about if you played wizzy for a bit)
    Packs World International
  • NoImKrel - Heavens Tear
    NoImKrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is true too.

I don't care what MMO your playing: the healing class is always plagued with self-righteous jerks who think they're the most important thing to show up on Earth since plumbing.

Yes because they are so respect that.

sins have a repeat fashion and depend on the sleep/stun chain..wich can be broken..poor things.

i hate sins just for the fact they are ugly and im a racist.