[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    crunchycat wrote: »
    This change to TW is the most **** change ever made. I'll explain why.

* A TW can easily cost a faction 60m - 100m. Now you'll get rewarded a cool 150 celestones for a successful TW. That means that it will COST every player in a TW faction 300k per week just so they can attack or defend. This makes TW a "pay to play" event with ZERO benefit.

* One of the intents behind the change is to make gold prices go down... which is another way of saying that PWI wants coin will be more valueable so those chests of 1 million coins will be worth the gold investment for perfect hammers. In other words, PWI want's you to spend MORE cash.

* By making TW a crappy option, more people will turn to PVP and it will create an even more intense arms race for lower levels to "catch up" so they don't get their asses handed to them every day. In other words, PWI wants lower levels to spend MORE cash.

* PWI has some new game... "Forsaken World". A good strategy to make people MOVE to that game would be to make the existing game sh-tty. This appears to be a strategy being used now.

The Chinese culture may accept this because they live in an environment where the government routinely f-ks them and they have to take it and "adapt". American culture isn't the same. If you f-k us, we'll f-k you back. Just to recap so everyone is clear, the changes to TW are intended to:

* Make everyone PAY more cash.
    * Make everyone MOVE to Forsaken World.

Or a more simplified way of saying it is: PWI WANTS TO F-K YOU! So the question becomes... "How do we f-k them back?". The answer is to hit them were it counts:

1) Immediately stop buying zen.
    2) Camp ALL quests spots and PK the **** out of everyone... especially lower levels. For example, nobody shoule be able to get into Secret Passage. It should be guarded 24x7 by relentless PK squads. Make sure those lower levels cannot make progress. They will eventually get fed up and quit; thus, cutting off more $$$ from PWI.
    3) Do NOT play Forsaken World.

Everyone, tell your factions to do this. PWI has no problems **** you so fight them. Fight them hard, fight them where it counts, and fight them now!!

-CrunchyCat

One additional note. This thread serves as a "cost effective" way to siphon the complaints into a nice neat little box where they can potentially be ignored. Aside from taking the actions I outlined above, I strongly recommend everyone create a support ticket with PWI asking them to revert the changes.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    frankieraye your explanation for inflation and TW pay is flawed to put it politely.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9475622&postcount=143
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm willing to accept that the devs are trying to move everyone to Forsaken World, since now they have destroyed the one thing that keeps people who want to quit on the game, at least 1-2 times a week.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ...a map reset to accompany it?

From what me read in the "Official TW QQ Thread" GM's have claimed that somehow it will increase the competitiveness of the smaller guilds. Without a map reset on all servers to accompany the complete change in the mechanics of how the system works (blind bidding, pay etc) this so called "increase" in smaller guilds attempting TW wont happen.

The larger guilds that have held numerous lands for a year or more have reserve funds (assuming they managed their assets well) that will enable them pay for bids, tower construction, cata-scrolls etc for a long time yet without ever needing the help of their members. Their hold on the territories they already own will become more and more set in stone each week as the smaller guilds go bankrupt.

Smaller guilds that only hold 1 or 2 territories do not have access to the same war-chest by any stretch of the imagination, never mind guilds that are not even on the map yet who were hoping to try. What are we supposed to do? Beg and plead the members of our faction to fund the expense for the next 12 months until the biggest factions are in the same boat? The fact that income in the form of coin will no longer be a reward will be the death of the smaller factions who scraped by and used the income to pay for next weeks battle. We are essentially the equivalent of someone living pay cheque to pay cheque to keep the electric bill payed. You are cutting our only source of funding and the lights are going to go out.

A map reset would force the larger and richer guilds back to square one alongside everyone else. They would need to use the vast majority of their savings to reclaim all the land they currently hold. However, if they were motivated to capture a large percentage of the map again and managed to do it, but the time they got to that stage they too would be bankrupt.

A fresh map would allow and encourage smaller guilds to start and/or keep competing while at the same time forcing the big ones to deplete their war-chest if they wish to reclaim the #1 spot.

Only in this way can Fuzzy see the playing field becoming level again over time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rerun - Harshlands
    Rerun - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yall closed in NYSE 4:00 EST

25.42 -1.56 (-5.78%)

almost 6% drop in stock in 1 day... You know your investors are reading this forum post right now.. I hope yall have a back up job.. cause I have a feeling someones getting Canned!

Yall really screwed up this time...!

ROFL.... glad i forgot to buy before server update......really glad...
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    frankieraye your explanation for inflation and TW pay is flawed to put it politely.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9475622&postcount=143

This.^
    /10char
  • CornerSan - Raging Tide
    CornerSan - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This.^
    /10char

agreed XD
    I remember when raging tide started and gold was only 10k for a few hours <3
    so sad now that its 400k+ =/
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This change to TW is the most **** change ever made. I'll explain why.

* A TW can easily cost a faction 60m - 100m. Now you'll get rewarded a cool 150 celestones for a successful TW. That means that it will COST every player in a TW faction 300k per week just so they can attack or defend. This makes TW a "pay to play" event with ZERO benefit.

* One of the intents behind the change is to make gold prices go down... which is another way of saying that PWI wants coin will be more valueable so those chests of 1 million coins will be worth the gold investment for perfect hammers. In other words, PWI want's you to spend MORE cash.

* By making TW a crappy option, more people will turn to PVP and it will create an even more intense arms race for lower levels to "catch up" so they don't get their asses handed to them every day. In other words, PWI wants lower levels to spend MORE cash.

* PWI has some new game... "Forsaken World". A good strategy to make people MOVE to that game would be to make the existing game sh-tty. This appears to be a strategy being used now.

The Chinese culture may accept this because they live in an environment where the government routinely f-ks them and they have to take it and "adapt". American culture isn't the same. If you f-k us, we'll f-k you back. Just to recap so everyone is clear, the changes to TW are intended to:

* Make everyone PAY more cash.
    * Make everyone MOVE to Forsaken World.

Or a more simplified way of saying it is: PWI WANTS TO F-K YOU! So the question becomes... "How do we f-k them back?". The answer is to hit them were it counts:

1) Immediately stop buying zen.
    2) Camp ALL quests spots and PK the **** out of everyone... especially lower levels. For example, nobody shoule be able to get into Secret Passage. It should be guarded 24x7 by relentless PK squads. Make sure those lower levels cannot make progress. They will eventually get fed up and quit; thus, cutting off more $$$ from PWI.
    3) Do NOT play Forsaken World.

Everyone, tell your factions to do this. PWI has no problems **** you so fight them. Fight them hard, fight them where it counts, and fight them now!!

-CrunchyCat

Oh god I lol'ed.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Philosoraptor-IF-DERP-HERP-DERPS-HERPS-DOES-THAT-MEAN-HERP-DERP-HERPS-DERP.jpg
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have not been in a faction which wins significant TWs for some time, so this patch does not matter much for me.

I do not know enough about rank 9 to comment sensibly on that.

Mirage celestones are worth about 10k now, so a 150 celestone reward is worth about 1.5 million?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am not sure if this is possible in the TW system but if one faction holds many lands allow all of them to be attacked.

Is there not a 3 attack rule currently in place??

Defending 3 lands is way to easy with a top faction.

Abuot the server reset. I think its a bad idea just by the fact that it is unfair to take something from someone who has worked so hard to obtain.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • crunchycat
    edited August 2010
    Options
    fulgida wrote: »
    I have not been in a faction which wins significant TWs for some time, so this patch does not matter much for me.

I do not know enough about rank 9 to comment sensibly on that.

Mirage celestones are worth about 10k now, so a 150 celestone reward is worth about 1.5 million?

Correct and A TW will typically cost a faction 60m-100m.
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh god I lol'ed.

Yet another pointless post. Relevant statements and questions please. And please, no "OMG this patch is great because it levels the playing field" because that is bollocks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Squirrel - Harshlands
    Squirrel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hey PWI if you want to stop gold price to go UP just fix gold price ex. 150k for 1 gold and all will be fine and get TW payment back pls this mirages are useless who need them ?
  • ropihl
    ropihl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I understand the reason for the packs, in terms of the company's perspective. They sell them with a chance to obtain something players deem good, said players buy them, the company makes money.

But with this TW change, I can only see how they want to give the upper hand to those who Cash Shop. You buy our packs, spend your money on gold, and you win the game!! Taking out the however many million/billion coin that is generated to factions every week I can see, but completely eradicating it from the entire system is a huge step in the WRONG direction. As FuzzyWuzzy had said a few posts back, smaller factions will NOT be able to afford anything in terms of funding for charms, catapults et. And even when you do with, its just "Woohoo, awesome, I got my one Mirage Celestone for being in a TW, alright."

I love TWs. People say that greed out ways fun for some, but not for me and I know others stand by me, although I don't know how many. I just want to see a system that previously worked not go down the drain because this company implicated of the stupidest changes ever conceived.

Packs implemented.
    DQ items lowered.
    TW F-ked over.
    Fail = quit.
  • crunchycat
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh god I lol'ed.

Hey, if you agree with PWI f-ing people then be my guest and bend over for them ;3.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I support the idea.

Yes, they worked hard to gain territory, but (Ehmr.. No, I'm not THAT sure about it)...

The new patch brought radical changes, but I do see a tiny reason for it.

I agree with Fuzzy.

How can you not? He's so cute and cuddly.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ inb4delete

Wow why so quiet~ b:chuckle everything just got dead from nowhere b:shutup
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ inb4delete

Wow why so quiet~ b:chuckle everything just got dead from nowhere b:shutup

I'm too busy downloading another game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yet another pointless post. Relevant statements and questions please. And please, no "OMG this patch is great because it levels the playing field" because that is bollocks.
    Hey, if you agree with PWI f-ing people then be my guest and bend over for them ;3.

Whether I agree or not doesn't change the fact that his speech about AMERICUH not taking **** from anybody was hysterical.

It's a crappy game change to a simple MMO game. If your reaction to that is to give a speech about AMERICUH, then maybe you'd do better spending your free time in the Drama club instead of playing PWI anyways.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think its a bad idea just by the fact that it is unfair to take something from someone who has worked so hard to obtain.

It is unfair to take away that which they have worked for. Agreed, but not the point.

It seems far more unfair to basically take away the most basic and fundamental way in which smaller guilds are able to grow.

The largest and oldest guilds have the best geared and highest level players by nature. They for a large part already have obtained their end-game gear, refines etc and have the luxury of only passively working to improve these things. Members are free to use their own generated income to still afford charms etc if they choose. Their guild can fund the battles for many many months to come and thus their members will have far more "disposable" income. These guilds will remain strong.

The small guilds, whose members for the large part may be in their 7x-8x now need to work actively to continue to improve their gear, somehow get a charm if the choose and now ALSO fun the battle expense of the faction itself. This places the smaller guilds at the distinct disadvantage of needing more money from the poorer players to continue to compete.

All me is saying is that a map reset would be the quickest way to deplete the vast coin reserves of the largest guilds and only once their members must also fund the battles out their own pockets can some form of "competitiveness" be expected to return.

Until then what hope do smaller guilds have of growing our members and funding battles to compete with established players and rich factions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The drama button for the win.

http://www.dramabutton.com/
    Idk why, I sense it got overused today

and as someone said~

If you're gonna cry about it you have to go out more.

b:bye
  • MessaX - Archosaur
    MessaX - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOLL
    ary thats 4/9 care to keep goin?
    U PPL AT PWE ARE ****** TARDS!!b:laugh
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    we can adjust size of font in chat but it doesnt ajust size on other window like genie .....
    and label ? oO make option to remove it atleast i understand if u blind it great use but otherwise it just more unneed text in chat
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    4. Rewards for holding territories will no longer be coin-based. Instead, the rewards will be a combination of Mirage Celestones and the chance of being sent the Medal of Glory, an item necessary for attaining Rank IX gear.

This Rank IX gear is still in development, and should be available in the near future. One Medal of Glory will be sent to one of the 47 territories at random each week.
    Ok, so there's going to be cool uber gear available only to folks who PvP.

Are you going to implement cool uber gear available only to folks who don't PvP to balance this out?

I've got nothing against PvP. I played my share of Doom, Quake, Unreal in their time. I just don't think RPGs are a good platform for it (have tried it in UO, ****, and GW) and no longer choose to participate in it in RPGs. Unfortunately it seems more and more that to really get ahead in this game you're forced to PvP. Best apothecary items? PvP. Best pet skills? PvP. Possibly better chance at refining? PvP. Clearest path through Cube? PvP. And now, best rank gear? PvP.

I don't mind. It's your game, yours to design as you wish. But do try to make clear to newcomers on your website that, despite the majority of the servers being so-called PvE, the game is a PvP game, not a PvE game with an option to PvP (like EQ). That if you limit yourself to non-PvP content, you'll be limiting your character's growth.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Smaller guilds will not be doing TW anymore. Atleast not challenging any larger faction. I think that eventually all servers will consist of one controller of all and they will decide if they want to allow anyone to have land.

The life of TW for anyone but the top 3 perhaps will be all that is left. Or some small guilds with lots of CS to payout to spend on TW bidding.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • RigaMortiZ - Harshlands
    RigaMortiZ - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    whether I Agree Or Not Doesn't Change The Fact That His Speech About Americuh Not Taking **** From Anybody Was Hysterical.

It's A Crappy Game Change To A Simple Mmo Game. If Your Reaction To That Is To Give A Speech About Americuh, Then Maybe You'd Do Better Spending Your Free Time In The Drama Club Instead Of Playing Pwi Anyways.

One Of The Most Entertaining Things Of This Game Is Tw, It Cost A ****ing **** Load Of Coin To Do Tw, All Pwe Wants Is Everyone To Cs More And Make More Money, Here Is A Suggestion, Why Dont You Just Make It Pay To Play And Gety Rid Of Boutique, Then Ppl Will Grind More And Zhen Party Forever To Make Coin, 93k Fans And Players Paying 10 Bux Amonth Equals =$930000 A Month That Should B A Problem, Oh But Wait You Are Too God Damm Greedy, U Need To Realize Alot Of Ppl Are Going To Otehr Games, Hell You Can Even Put All The Items In The Forges To Be Found, And Wtf Is The Use Of Cs Anymore,

i Call For An All Out Boycott Of Purchasing Zhen, Month Or 2 Of That And They Will Rethink It, I Personally And Sevreal Others Will Start Doin It, But If You Ppl Are So Concerned About Cs Then Mother ****ing Stop,

boycott All Zhen
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh wait, I meant to post on another topic then it got merged.
    Shame.
    Anywho, I was talking to a good friend of mine thismorning and we were discussing this, and we came up with a solution that would never obviously work, because PWE would lose a few hundred... but upon entering TW every single participant would receive free charms, towers, cata scrolls, etc.. and it would all disapeer upon exit..
  • ropihl
    ropihl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Victory! You've defeated your opponent! You spent 6 million in the processes. Here's your reward. Some cheap rocks.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Or a more simplified way of saying it is: PWI WANTS TO F-K YOU! So the question becomes... "How do we f-k them back?".

LMFAO.
    10char
This discussion has been closed.