3x xp

Options

Comments

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I believe what people who are against exp boosting events, etc are trying to say is that

MMO + Massive exp gaining abilities + made easy instances + packs = FPS/Console game + god mode cheats

I believe the whole bit of challenge in playing the game itself is out the window.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There's really a problem the xp gain boosts is trying to fix, and a problem the fix is causing that is the two main issues here.

In the old days, leveling required a lot more effort, and generally had more skilled/knowledgeable player base. Getting passed the 6X mark was an accomplishment, as this is when many people lost interest in continuing due to few quests, and very large grinding requirement. So it separated out people and generally made it easy to get decent groups for play.

However; newer games, waning interest, and many other issues drained away those who did make it to the higher levels. So with fewer high levels, doing group bases aspects of the game becomes harder with fewer available people. And now you must wait for others to catch up in level, if they don't leave the game for many of the reasons listed above. And the higher one levels, the longer the wait becomes.

So the exp boosting dailies added, and later hypers, made it so we can get an available player base of high levels, at the cost of having skilled players. Now it's a lucky thing to find lvl 100s who know their class, whereas before people knew their class and the main functions and skills of all the others classes as well.

So really it's an option between two different issues, and only one of the problems can keep the revenue going into the game. Which is likely why PWI went that route. What I'm wondering is how things like hypers will play into future instances and higher level caps. With the amount xp requirements keep increasing, it may end up being hypering with grind/future instances is almost mandatory, and will again lead to the original problem.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No, it's not.

I'll be 100 within a few days, I can honestly say I didn't try, just a few FC runs every now and then. Hypers are cheap, 2mil for 5 of them and they will last you FOREVER. I use maybe 2-3 minutes of hyper now per FC. Last 5 hypers I bought took me from 91 to 95 and the only other thing I did to level was cube.

Since the Tideborn class has been released and GM's, Devs added at game, oracles sales, BH's quest and Hypers hit into lv100 is not a challenge
    FC itself is a joke, if I get below 50% hp it's because I used arma. Lunar is a joke, hardest part is being able to sacrifice 3mil. Kinda bad when the hardest part of a game is getting the coins to buy gold. Although I have found delta to be rather challenging.

Since FCC drops has been removed Frost instance is not a mystery if you are a good barb who know how to use his agro skills and get a squad that know what to do there.

I always consider Lunar runs usseles even without the 3m fee.

Farm is a harder challenge at game where the people get lazy and just complain againt the ones who does.

Delta is a great challence everytime you go there, I just saw a few barbs be able to complete it

I have goals for myself.

*sighs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    12337158.gif

^^^ Sums up my thoughts quite nicely.

It's already a joke to level. Why do we need even more speed? XD;;;
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Since the Tideborn class has been released and GM's, Devs added at game, oracles sales, BH's quest and Hypers hit into lv100 is not a challenge

Since FCC drops has been removed Frost instance is not a mystery if you are a good barb who know how to use his agro skills and get a squad that know what to do there.

I always consider Lunar runs usseles even without the 3m fee.

Farm is a harder challenge at game where the people get lazy and just complain againt the ones who does.

Delta is a great challence everytime you go there, I just saw a few barbs be able to complete it

*sighs*

Let's face it. Level 100 is endgame. As you nicely put it, hitting level 100 is not hard. Hitting endgame is not challenging. That itself should be blaring sirens.

Do you know why few barbs are able to complete it? Because so many of them are oracle noobs (see my example above), they don't even know armageddon from sunder. Today my guildie went on a delta with a level 100 barb, with decent gear. Not once did the barb sunder or alpha male or in any way attempt to maintain aggro. Result? Wizard died, archer died, party wiped and teled to 1k.

The sad thing is this is becoming more and more of a frequent occurence, a byproduct of hyper levelling and no learning.

Also, I don't know why you're sighing at my +3 gear. I agree it's pretty bad, but don't worry, I think I'll just go and cry for some quadruple drops and farm it in a day, like everybody else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Let's face it. Level 100 is endgame. As you nicely put it, hitting level 100 is not hard. Hitting endgame is not challenging. That itself should be blaring sirens.
    Do you know why few barbs are able to complete it? Because so many of them are oracle noobs (see my example above), they don't even know armageddon from sunder. Today my guildie went on a delta with a level 100 barb, with decent gear. Not once did the barb sunder or alpha male or in any way attempt to maintain aggro. Result? Wizard died, archer died, party wiped and teled to 1k.

The sad thing is this is becoming more and more of a frequent occurence, a byproduct of hyper levelling and no learning.

Also, I don't know why you're sighing at my +3 gear. I agree it's pretty bad, but don't worry, I think I'll just go and cry for some quadruple drops and farm it in a day, like everybody else.

Actually the cap level is 105 but no one at any server has already hitted it, maybe GM's, Devs are adding more stuff to leveling faster because they need it to released new stuff in game for lv105+ people.

I really know it, also I failed too many Delta runs with noob people lv100+ that just need this culti done, I also saw lv90+ people wearing lv70 legendary armor X_X
    You can check this post http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=775612

This is a proof from challence into the game, not just for barbs is for all classes, farm your TT99 armor and then the Nirvana one with no real cash is a challenge into game not just learn how to run an instance.

Im not agree with those new high level noobs that never has paying attention about how his skills work, or leveling they, and fail in game but after blame others.

But the 3x exp let you save your coins for another interesting things instead off buy Hypers or oracles just for level up faster. Maybe grinding a few you can get the same amount of exp like the cs give you and saving coins from that. People has forget zhen and grind!

I havent anything against your +3 stuff was for *I have goals for myself*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Of all the stupid **** they have put in this game, now 3x weekends....ffs

Another reason to extend breaks from the game...

wow red nice job making yorself look bad as always.I guess that faction yor in is starting to make u act like those rude kidsb:chuckle
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Actually the cap level is 105 but no one at any server has already hitted it, maybe GM's, Devs are adding more stuff to leveling faster because they need it to released new stuff in game for lv105+ people.

As pointed out in another thread there's more evidence of the level cap NOT being raised that it being raised. Things like FB109 turned into nirvana and warsong.

105 is just the hard cap, there is absolutely zero diffence between a level 100 and a level 105 except for a few stat points. At level 100 you can already get all your gear and skills and do any instance.

But the 3x exp let you save your coins for another interesting things instead off buy Hypers or oracles just for level up faster. Maybe grinding a few you can get the same amount of exp like the cs give you and saving coins from that. People has forget zhen and grind!

Hypers are already very cheap for the amount of time that they will last you.

91-95 was 5 hypers for me and I still have 9 minutes left. 2mil for 4 levels? Yea, that's cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Let me ask a question (several, actually).

I have a 68 Veno and a 66 Cleric. Up to this point, I've pretty much two-boxed them to these levels, with an *_occasional_* squad for convenience while finishing up a quest. I didn't intend to do this, but I have limited playtime at rather odd and random hours. It's not that I don't *want* to squad with others, it's simply that it's a whole lot easier, convenient, and reasonable for me to 2-box my MQ and BHs (when I have time) than it is to spend the time getting a BH group together, getting everyone to the dungeon, etc.

While I agree that the journey to level 100 should be more fun, it really isn't. If the quests at the mid-range levels were something other than "Kill X of Y" it might be different. Essentially, all that us lowbies have to look forward to is getting to a level where we have a chance at getting into better content (and by better, I mean something closer to what would be called "raiding" in other MMOs I've played) and working on end-game gear.

Is it any wonder that we want to race to "end-game"?

As for "Oracle Newb Syndrome" (which I take to mean anyone that has out-leveled his knowledge of and ability to play his class): why don't I ever see any high-levels offering in WC to take a bunch of lowbies into level-appropriate dungeons to teach them squad roles and mechanics, and teach them their class?

Why don't I ever see any of the major TW factions offering to groom the next generation of players?

Aside from the "Billy Bob Barbarian and Cathy Cleric doing FB19-FB59. Whisper me" WC, how come I never see any offers by veterans to help us lowbies become better high-level players?

How come most of the factions with experienced players spam WC with "Faction A recruiting 80+ for TW/etc"?

Maybe we'd be less likely to want to race to end-game if the game was more fun and had more variety at mid-levels. Maybe this would be more likely to happen if veterans would teach us lowbies a bit rather than simply complaining about how we "don't know our class". Maybe we'd salivate less at the prospect of 3x XP if it wasn't so all-fired important to get to a high enough level to be "accepted" by the existing veterans. And maybe, just maybe, the quality of the players now getting to higher levels would improve...
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    BH's, FC's, WQ's, TT's
    i understand FC, but BH and WQ?. and TT, is it the mobs in TT they are talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The rationale is that, through questing at the mid levels, whether be it solo or squadding up with other people, after enough trial and error, you start experiencing for yourself what you can handle and what you can't. You get a feel for yourself what you should do in what situation, and what is efficient and what is not.

Things like that, while of course can be laid out on paper to see, is very impractical to actually "teach". Things like running an instance can be taught. How to actually play your class isn't something that's straight forward with a laid out formula. I can tell you to stun the mobs when the cleric aggros a bunch, but really it should be a natural reflex instead of a conscious thought.

Once again, experience is the best teacher and remedy for "noobness".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The rationale is that, through questing at the mid levels, whether be it solo or squadding up with other people, after enough trial and error, you start experiencing for yourself what you can handle and what you can't. You get a feel for yourself what you should do in what situation, and what is efficient and what is not.

Things like that, while of course can be laid out on paper to see, is very impractical to actually "teach". Things like running an instance can be taught. How to actually play your class isn't something that's straight forward with a laid out formula. I can tell you to stun the mobs when the cleric aggros a bunch, but really it should be a natural reflex instead of a conscious thought.

Once again, experience is the best teacher and remedy for "noobness".

So, you're telling me that I can learn more on my Veno/Cleric duo from sending herc, nuking, and throwing an occasional heal or nuke from cleric if/when I out-agro the herc, than I can with you taking the time to walk me through a TT1-1 run? Or offering to go on a BH51 run with me, giving tips and pointers from a veteran's perspective?

For that matter, when was the last time you made yourself available to a lowbie to help out (read assist, maybe tank a boss but by no means run through it at high speed) an FB19, 29, or 39 or a low-level BH?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    wow red nice job making yorself look bad as always.I guess that faction yor in is starting to make u act like those rude kidsb:chuckle

Inorite...your opinion matters so much b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options

91-95 was 5 hypers for me and I still have 9 minutes left. 2mil for 4 levels? Yea, that's cheap.
    [/QUOTE]

I have better things to do for those 2m coins, this is the problem about exp events and hypers, the lack of skills and know from players who just leveled faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Let me ask a question (several, actually).

I have a 68 Veno and a 66 Cleric. Up to this point, I've pretty much two-boxed them to these levels, with an *_occasional_* squad for convenience while finishing up a quest. I didn't intend to do this, but I have limited playtime at rather odd and random hours. It's not that I don't *want* to squad with others, it's simply that it's a whole lot easier, convenient, and reasonable for me to 2-box my MQ and BHs (when I have time) than it is to spend the time getting a BH group together, getting everyone to the dungeon, etc.

While I agree that the journey to level 100 should be more fun, it really isn't. If the quests at the mid-range levels were something other than "Kill X of Y" it might be different. Essentially, all that us lowbies have to look forward to is getting to a level where we have a chance at getting into better content (and by better, I mean something closer to what would be called "raiding" in other MMOs I've played) and working on end-game gear.

As for "Oracle Newb Syndrome" (which I take to mean anyone that has out-leveled his knowledge of and ability to play his class): why don't I ever see any high-levels offering in WC to take a bunch of lowbies into level-appropriate dungeons to teach them squad roles and mechanics, and teach them their class?

Why don't I ever see any of the major TW factions offering to groom the next generation of players?

Aside from the "Billy Bob Barbarian and Cathy Cleric doing FB19-FB59. Whisper me" WC, how come I never see any offers by veterans to help us lowbies become better high-level players?

How come most of the factions with experienced players spam WC with "Faction A recruiting 80+ for TW/etc"?

Maybe we'd be less likely to want to race to end-game if the game was more fun and had more variety at mid-levels. Maybe this would be more likely to happen if veterans would teach us lowbies a bit rather than simply complaining about how we "don't know our class". Maybe we'd salivate less at the prospect of 3x XP if it wasn't so all-fired important to get to a high enough level to be "accepted" by the existing veterans. And maybe, just maybe, the quality of the players now getting to higher levels would improve...
    Why should high levels "groom the next wave" learn your class like they did, by doing things at your level.

When I started on raging tide we didn't have any high levels to do all of our stuff for us. We had a few 60+ that had oracled a ton but they didn't help out much.

I did all my culti quests, all my FBs, everything at the level I was given it, with people my level range. When I was 47/48 and got the quest to kill jewel I did it at the level I needed it, and then, I would go back and do it 3 more times for other people who needed it that didn't have a tank.

Tanking lower level stuff like FB29, actually kinda challenging when your highest level in the squad is 30, and you only have level 2 true form with level 3 hp buff. That and your cleric expects you to use tanking skills you don't have yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options

I have better things to do for those 2m coins, this is the problem about exp events and hypers, the lack of skills and know from players who just leveled faster.

Hmmm. Give me a reason to stay at a lower level, and I'll take my 3X XP (or 2X or even 1X) and throw it into genies instead. Unfortunately, all of the fun stuff requires hanging out with the "cool" kids, and the cool kids won't give you the time of day unless you're "Level X+" (with X changing depending on which cool kids you're talking about.

And by reason, I don't mean stay at level Y and keep killing the same &^%&^ mobs over, and over, and over, and... Really no different from oracles, except the XP ain't quite as good, and the mob being killed has a little more variation.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So, you're telling me that I can learn more on my Veno/Cleric duo from sending herc, nuking, and throwing an occasional heal or nuke from cleric if/when I out-agro the herc, than I can with you taking the time to walk me through a TT1-1 run? Or offering to go on a BH51 run with me, giving tips and pointers from a veteran's perspective?

For that matter, when was the last time you made yourself available to a lowbie to help out (read assist, maybe tank a boss but by no means run through it at high speed) an FB19, 29, or 39 or a low-level BH?

Why would one even need such hand holding, unless they're afraid of eating a little pixelated dirt? Just dive in and figure it out as you go. If you die, you die. Brush yourself off, figure out what went wrong, and go back out and do it again until you get it right. Not that hard. b:surrender
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why should high levels "groom the next wave" learn your class like they did, by doing things at your level.

When I started on raging tide we didn't have any high levels to do all of our stuff for us. We had a few 60+ that had oracled a ton but they didn't help out much.

I did all my culti quests, all my FBs, everything at the level I was given it, with people my level range. When I was 47/48 and got the quest to kill jewel I did it at the level I needed it, and then, I would go back and do it 3 more times for other people who needed it that didn't have a tank.

Tanking lower level stuff like FB29, actually kinda challenging when your highest level in the squad is 30, and you only have level 2 true form with level 3 hp buff. That and your cleric expects you to use tanking skills you don't have yet.

I think we can take it as a given that accelerated XP in some fashion or another (whether oracles, hypers, the rather frequent 2x/3x "weekends", whatever) is here to stay. What you appear to be saying is that new players should forego these advantages and do it the hard way, but you're unwilling to make it more palatable for them. And then you seem surprised that people level faster than their skill-set?

I'm not suggesting that you power-level lowbies. Far from it. I'm simply saying that if you took a lowbie or two under your wing, helped them to learn their classes at a lower level, you might see an improvement in player abilities at higher levels. Instead of simply complaining that nobody knows how to play any more.
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why would one even need such hand holding, unless they're afraid of eating a little pixelated dirt? Just dive in and figure it out as you go. If you die, you die. Brush yourself off, figure out what went wrong, and go back out and do it again until you get it right. Not that hard. b:surrender

Has nothing to do with hand-holding, and everything to do with creating a larger pool of skilled players at higher levels. Giving low-level players a reason to spend more time at those low levels learning their classes, instead of racing to "end-game".
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options

There's guides for every class on the forum. That's your "advice" from veterans". But any further than that, you're on your own.

I could of course, give in-game lectures in every instance I do to these oracle noobs who haven't the slightest idea what they're doing. I could pass on all the knowledge in the world to them, but would this necessarily produce a pro BM?

Just like taking management courses in university does not necessarily produce effective managers, reading stickies and giving lectures doesn't make you a pro BM. You have to get out there, to experience things, to apply the knowledge you have, and most importantly, learn.

You have to learn about yourself, what you can do, what you can't, what contributes to a group killing faster and what doesn't, what to do under different circumstances. After you've mastered yourself, you can bring what you know into a group setting. After that, there isn't much to learn, besides knowing how to run an instance.

Do you seriously need help running a BH? Most if it consists of luring specific mobs to open routes that you can covertly run through. The other part consists of tanking the boss, and killing it. I can teach you which mobs to pull, and the routes to run through to make it a quick and easy run, but to actually make it an easy run, that has to come from you, the player.

Fail of epic proportions occur when people don't know what they're doing and they aggro a whole bunch of mobs, party panics, cleric heal aggros and dies, and party wipes. Seriously, if everybody took the time to learn their own class, it is very easy to bring it into a squad setting. Parties wouldn't wipe if the barbs knew how to hold aggro. Veno's wouldn't die on the lure because they brambled the herc, and the list continues. Granted, even the best players make mistakes, but they certainly don't do it consistently, and they know when they **** up. It's simple things that we can clear up on our own part that can lead to a very successful squad.

The same thing applies to TT, frost and pretty much any other instance. If any veterans are giving advice, it's on the instance itself, not on how to play your class, because frankly, that's something you need to learn yourself.

Lastly, I'll part with this.

A good BM stuns and amps for their squad.

But a pro BM knows instinctively to grab aggro from the cleric who's being attacked.
    A pro BM can follow the flow of the squad without explicit direction.
    A pro BM is separated from a good BM, by only the wall of experience between them. And that's something you don't get by pointers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Has nothing to do with hand-holding, and everything to do with creating a larger pool of skilled players at higher levels. Giving low-level players a reason to spend more time at those low levels learning their classes, instead of racing to "end-game".

You don't need a teacher to learn though. 'Skill' comes from practice, and having a high-level veteran show you how THEY do it isn't going to teach you as much as doing it yourself and seeing for yourself why you can or can't handle something. Hell...how do you think any of the original 'vets' themselves learned in the first place? =/

People who want to learn will. People who just want to be one of the cool kids will powerlevel to 100, learn they missed out on most of the game, and quit. It's just that simple.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hmmm. Give me a reason to stay at a lower level, and I'll take my 3X XP (or 2X or even 1X) and throw it into genies instead. Unfortunately, all of the fun stuff requires hanging out with the "cool" kids, and the cool kids won't give you the time of day unless you're "Level X+" (with X changing depending on which cool kids you're talking about.

And by reason, I don't mean stay at level Y and keep killing the same &^%&^ mobs over, and over, and over, and... Really no different from oracles, except the XP ain't quite as good, and the mob being killed has a little more variation.

Why should be lv100 without not maxed skills, without know how they work... being a fail player, why sould I level faster with crapy armor?

Once you reached into lv X+ and run instances with those kind of noobs you will understand and pain it.

I survived without those cool kids until now, without join those lv90+ huge and strongest factions, I learned how to run an istance with other noob people like me. I remind my fb39 as a painfull, failed run because Harpy aoe. I had to wine my fb51 becuase has not enought high levels at server to tank/do it easy like people do it now inviting lv90+ players for no effort. When genies has been released I spent like 1 month just doing gamma runs to level up my genie. I saved coins until lv70 when I get my both legendary pets and leveled they both. I tryed instances and failed, then reseted dungeon to try it again until know how to do it well or get a succesfull run. I shared my knowledge with others at forum. I read forum guides based at other players experiences and try to tested it. I worked hard to maxed all my skills, to get my sage skills, to find the best combos for instances or help others at runs, to farm my armor / weapon and refine it.

I invest my effort at all this things while you posted this before:

You are not racing for end game just for level up and can be able to say Im lv100, a noob one with lack of skills/armor/weapons and knowledge.

Why sould I teach you if has other people from your same level willing to learn the same like you? While you can find the guides, quest, mobs, and all the info that you need.

High level people can recommend you how to do something, can help you with bosses, instances, high levels are not low levels slaves. The best way to learn to play this game is doing it, failing it and think how you can solve it and trying again until complete it, but people is lazy and they just ask a high level friend to save his ****.

Now as new player you got tons of guides to read, a wiki, players experiences, while the old player just learn it failing and trying again. This is the lack from this new high level people. You can level faster and be a lv100+ noob.

And also Im agree with the last Asperitas post!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Some of you need to play other mmo(s). Bonus exp is nothing special.
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Was going to reply to individual posts, but I realized that y'all simply want to complain about newbs. So I figured "why bother".

Just keep in mind that the game has changed a bit. Accelerated XP gain is here to stay, and people WILL take advantage of it if they're not offered a fun alternative. You can live with it and complain, or you can maybe make an attempt to change the dynamic. Looks like y'all prefer the former.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Was going to reply to individual posts, but I realized that y'all simply want to complain about newbs. So I figured "why bother".

Just keep in mind that the game has changed a bit. Accelerated XP gain is here to stay, and people WILL take advantage of it if they're not offered a fun alternative. You can live with it and complain, or you can maybe make an attempt to change the dynamic. Looks like y'all prefer the former.

Im not complaning, I also helped low people always they asked me for. Low levels on huge factions where cant find help. But current low levels dont want high levels to learn, they just want to get his quest/bosses/run done as faster and easy as they can, with no effort.
    I saw lv60 people asking for lv95+ for a faster TT 1-1 ..... again no effort.
    The last fb69 20x3 quest I helped the guy was making us be faster because he has to go, the result was all squad dead for not paying attention and get aggroed from mobs to be more faster.

This is what we are trying to make you understand, you can get things done easy but you aint gonna learn it by yourself until you dont try/tested it, thats all.

Anyway you aint gonna understand it until reached into certain level and try instances like Rebirth Delta where you can apreciate the kind of people who donst know how to use his skills and the lack of they has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options

You'll be complaining when your barb asks you "what's flesh ream?".

I'm posting not in hopes of people to just sit idle and not take advantage of 3x exp, because that's a retardedly naive.

I'm posting in hopes of having my opinion heard by PWI, who might think more than just once when they decide to reintroduce any other accelerated drops or exp. I realize it's more than likely to be in vain, but hey, I can voice my opinion, just like you.

But do remember, we're not accountable for your own failure at your own class. It's your responsibility to learn your class. It's your character, and therefore your obligation to play it to the ability you desire. Any shortfall of your goals is of your own accord, and your own inexperience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yep, nobody (almost) is complaing that lvling is faster.
    we whine about its results.

and the real prob is that those 100lvl 'newbies' dont want to learn.

FiDollaYou, veterans try to take newbs 'under wings', but they refuse.

Look at that guide, in my sig - it should be very popular nowadays , right? b:chuckle
    But since October it got 5k views b:surrender
    While some random topics from general discusion get 3k in 3 days lol

I dunno- maybe this guide is just bad, but there is nothing better and no discusion about stuff like that.

At clerics forums there is no discusion either, beside random newb pop up with topic named 'sage vs demon' or 'p.def or hp shards?'
    yuck

people have no ambition to not suck anymore, and their main goal is to reach high level and quit
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think we can take it as a given that accelerated XP in some fashion or another (whether oracles, hypers, the rather frequent 2x/3x "weekends", whatever) is here to stay. What you appear to be saying is that new players should forego these advantages and do it the hard way, but you're unwilling to make it more palatable for them. And then you seem surprised that people level faster than their skill-set?

I'm not suggesting that you power-level lowbies. Far from it. I'm simply saying that if you took a lowbie or two under your wing, helped them to learn their classes at a lower level, you might see an improvement in player abilities at higher levels. Instead of simply complaining that nobody knows how to play any more.
    How does that have anything to do with what I said?

My point is that people need to learn for themselves rather than expect a higher level to "teach them"

Hell I think high levels doing things for lower levels creates mroe fails than oracles and BH and hypers, etc. When your FB's and bosses consist of you sitting there while some level 80 solos it, you won't learn anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    105 is just the hard cap, there is absolutely zero diffence between a level 100 and a level 105 except for a few stat points.
    And damage reduction from a lvl100 hitting a lvl105.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A 2x or 3x weekend isnt that detrimental. If anything, this will encourage grinding because grinding is one of the few ways to benefit from this.

What have caused more noobs at the top is hyper stones, bh, prolonged 2x weeks after weeks and all of these combined. Even with jsut bh, it would take quite long to get to lvl 100, quite long as in a few months at least.

I would welcome a double or triple exp weekend but not a 2x week or 2x weeks.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]