Looking at the map....

Comments

• Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    Pew_Pew - Raging Tide Posts: 1,037 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It is the nature of the TW structure that over time the weak will fall and the map will come to be dominated by 1.

yeah and some ppl like to b in the dominating fac and some others likes to fight the powa, i have being in both positions and i like to be da under dawg :3

look at sanctuary, Regicide (after a year) is kicking neffie's ****, and is just like QQme did against infamy when enough ppl get bored of 5 mins rolls they r going down, ppl says that nobody can go against them and i say that we a faction full with non factors and with less than 80 ppl (<== QQ) had manage to bring QQme's cristal to 15%

so what if 2 other facs full of non factors like us attack them at the same time :3 that would be interesting ijs and i know we need another fact to make it happen.

Fuzzy is in a faction where maybe 5 people really care or enjoy tw, whereas QQme is a faction where 100 people care and enjoy.

maybe not 5 but u r not far from the true Q_Q

i dont care if QQme is the #1 fac out there rite now if i keep having fun :3 lets see if man wanna keep a colorful map or if he wanna become QQmuuuuu ^^
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yet you're level 79.

As much fun as there is to be had 'fighting the powah', it's not going to happen when if you pick a QQme member at random, it's more than likely they will be able to 1 hit you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Yet you're level 79.

As much fun as there is to be had 'fighting the powah', it's not going to happen when if you pick a QQme member at random, it's more than likely they will be able to 1 hit you.

even if i had my 90 set on, a wizzie or cleric can 1 hit me ijs...a 8X with average gear can survive long enough to holly path and start pew pewing again thats what i do actually cuz i just need to parts of the set im going to use till 90 so being 89 or 79 isnt a big dif + even when this weapon i was killing arcanes :3 till Ben and another 9X archer got there Q_Q

anyways i understand what u r saying and if i had the time well i do have it on weekends to spam fc i would but the WC/girl/alcohol/bigbootiebiatches r keeping me busy :3
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    A 79 archer can't do damage.

Not on a 9x. Mages will have more than enough pdef, clerics will have more than enough HP, venos will just bramble gaurd + **** you with nix, psychichs you wont be able to touch. Sins will be ninjas, barbs and BMs you wont be able to scratch, and other archers will kill you before their stun arrow is up.

Really all you can do is hope that the 3 seconds your stun arrow bought makes enough difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    A 79 archer can't do damage.

Not on a 9x. Mages will have more than enough pdef, clerics will have more than enough HP, venos will just bramble gaurd + **** you with nix, psychichs you wont be able to touch. Sins will be ninjas, barbs and BMs you wont be able to scratch, and other archers will kill you before their stun arrow is up.

Really all you can do is hope that the 3 seconds your stun arrow bought makes enough difference.

weird cuz i still kill ppl in tw :3

edited: mmm maybe not all of them r 9X tho
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    so fuzzy, i must ask. what if varden one day is the "it" faction? will you step down and lead a revolt against it? (stopping "beasts" of varied colors seems to be your thing)

To answer Bastilla's question... Fuzzy not sure. Me is concentrated on the task at hand right now. Varden is far from anything close to that. Fuzzy will wonder about that bridge when it is in front of him.

all i can really draw from your posts is lolfuzzymad. but go ahead, try and manipulate other factions into doing your dirty work, while you attempt to reap the benefits.
    sitnspin wrote: »
    Fuzzy i do like your style, but i have to call u out on this one.... the whole "pretend to play..." stab to others is an attempt at manipulation to get others to fit in with your vision of fun, world domination, protecting your backdoors, opening the map for more options for all, i dont know lol w/e it is u may seek

Fuzzy simply fails to see it as manipulation when it is in your interest as well.... Me does see it as a chance to open the map for others. Slim thou it may be.

By "playing" at TW Fuzzy refers to the fact that there is a genuine opportunity at hand to make a move. If any land holding faction is not interested, too pre-occupied, or (perhaps) too afraid to seize a good chance when it is right in front of them, why do they TW in the 1st place?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Man looks forward to trying to find strategies to defeet his enemies.

I think strapping them down and then using hacksaw at the ankles is best strategy.

Man also wishes he had more good enemies like NR.

Man regrets attacking CB's, at least so soon.

Man thinks fuzzy is a worthy adversary XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Throwing small factions of 6x at QQme isn't going to affect anything. What the map needs is one more guild that is capable of being a threat in TW. Then if varden and leviathan attack with the faction then QQme might lose land.

When factions like Black, chakra, and others all attack QQme it doesn't affect anything as they can be wiped in 5 minutes with 2 squads.

Want to change the map? Find a faction that can pose a threat.

If I remember correctly about 2 weeks ago every faction did attack QQme.

And none of them won.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Throwing small factions of 6x at QQme isn't going to affect anything. What the map needs is one more guild that is capable of being a threat in TW. Then if varden and leviathan attack with the faction then QQme might lose land.

When factions like Black, chakra, and others all attack QQme it doesn't affect anything as they can be wiped in 5 minutes with 2 squads.

Want to change the map? Find a faction that can pose a threat.

If I remember correctly about 2 weeks ago every faction did attack QQme.

And none of them won.

Come now Rhargh are you with us or against us XD

I can remember with Infamy all i thought was unless a faction could beat them 1 v 1 there was no way they would go down hill. Honestly if everyone attacked my faction for 20 weeks straight I believe we'd still have land and be a much better smaller faction because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    I think if everyone on the map zerged QQme right now we'd still have all our land.

Less posting, go open a bunch of packs and sell me a lunar wep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Throwing small factions of 6x at QQme isn't going to affect anything.

Maybe it will, maybe it wont... unless it is tried, no one will ever know. Are you afraid to suffer a loss at their hands?

QQme can only attack one land. One faction will loose a territory over the weekend if everyone fails. Fuzzy gambles Man is also a respectable adversary and won't try to eat land from a smaller faction. Me is betting they again go for Varden or perhaps bring the fight to Levi.

Every other faction on the map has nothing to loose except 500k by giving it a try. If it doesn't work they can always go back to doing what they are doing 7 days later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    I'm saying there are better ways to go about it.

My suggestion, and I only say this because I know it won't happen, is this.

HVND, chakra, Poseidon, Murr, War, Haven, take their top levels and put them in one faction.

That faction along with varden and leviathan attack = your best chance of winning.

But it will never happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    the thing about the the lower factions attacking is always the same result.. turtle the bigger faction.. roll the smaller factions.. bring everyone to big war.. push back the bigger faction.. roll them.. thats how it would be done.. theres no point in the smaller guilds wasting money on a roll
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • sitnspin
    sitnspin Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:victoryI know i said i was leaving the thread lol, but realized i forgot something

Fuzzy you to say ealier "Yes, one of today's other factions (Levi etc) may become the dominating guild once QQme fails. The smaller factions will forever need to struggle to keep 1 from dominating. It isn't easy. However, having 1 major player rise and fall, another usurp them and then fall themselves is far more preferable to Fuzzy than simply having one shadow grow over the land and become an immovable object."

b:victory well said :)

btw your replies to me too were well presented too...I hope the answers i was given in response to my interview (for lack of better words) clarified a lil more for others in small fac status.
    Guess it's just a matter of wait n see who shows up :)
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2010

HVND, chakra, Poseidon, Murr, War, Haven, take their top levels and put them in one faction.

That faction along with varden and leviathan attack = your best chance of winning.

But it will never happen.

My worthless 67 cents, after this comment:

You didn't mention NightRage b:angry

Continuing...

So if all these lvl90's representing the smaller facs join this big fac and TW, then...it'll be like a 2nd QQme. Yes sure there'll be good fights perhaps until enough fac jumpers stuff the balance up...but then what? This new fac will own quite a number of territory, and you expect them to disband and the high lvls go back to their own guilds?

Problems with online games is that it's pretty hard to garner so called 'loyalty' to your 'friends', because unless you know them in real life, I doubt many of us would give a 2nd thought to someone after not seeing them on for 2 months.

Why would small facs bid on QQme if they are gonna be rolled in 5 minutes? Waste of time, and even if we take 1 squad away from the bigger fights, and QQme dies, what then?

Me predicts most of QQme members will join the other big facs. And we'll end up having a whole big battle again. And 'one shadow that becomes immovable'? This is a online MMO b:chuckle...

If I was a QQme member, and was participating in only 1 5-minute TW per week, I would either:

1) Get some friends and secretly join another mid-sized guild to have a decent fight.
    2) Quit.

Of course this is assuming you're not in big facs just for the money...I'm sure no one does stuff like that. b:angry It just saddens me at the number of people that would ditch other human beings by the roadside to just get a couple of extra pixels of zeroes.

And what really is the use of 'winning'? I certainly would rather lose a hard fought 3 hour TW than winning a 5-minute roll. I'm a casual gamer, and I dont' play MMO's for the money, I play them for fun :)

Summary:

Just leave it be. It'll settle itself :) If and when QQme does take over the whole map, I am pretty sure we would have more than 200 lvl 9x...and then the excess that aren't in QQme can reform a guild then. Until then, party on!

P.s., i refer to my point above- I don't think any pwi servers will really stagnate TW wise- people after awhile will find it boring and either quit, or half of them will join another fac just for a good week of TW b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Yes, because people who join are obviously only in it either to have fun TWs or to get TW pay. It's not like people would ever join to be with other higher levels whom they can run TT/Delta/Lunar/Nirvana with, no it's certaintly not for that, obviously only to either have fun TWs or TW pay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yes, because people who join are obviously only in it either to have fun TWs or to get TW pay. It's not like people would ever join to be with other higher levels whom they can run TT/Delta/Lunar/Nirvana with, no it's certaintly not for that, obviously only to either have fun TWs or TW pay.

I do believe its possible to run TT/Delta/Lunar/Nirvana without being in the same faction as a person. ijs.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited June 2010

look at sanctuary, Regicide (after a year) is kicking neffie's ****, and is just like QQme did against infamy when enough ppl get bored of 5 mins rolls they r going down, ppl says that nobody can go against them and i say that we a faction full with non factors and with less than 80 ppl (<== QQ) had manage to bring QQme's cristal to 15%

so what if 2 other facs full of non factors like us attack them at the same time :3 that would be interesting ijs and i know we need another fact to make it happen.

Oh gawd no , souj . I so hope that this server doesn't get where sanctuary is . Waiting for 1 & a half years to actually beat the dominant fac in 1v1 because they were getting tired of defending so many ppl is not cool ... I'm pretty sure allot will quit by then . We're pretty much getting to that point (again) of every server , when ppl still have higher hopes of taking down the current " beast " faction of the server or just settle for a 1 color map in the making that will take lots of time , faction deaths , lots of players joining other facs to actually do something about it . There are several of these "points" on every server & the later they are , the harder it is but that hope is still there .

I'm sure no1 would like the 2nd option & waiting god knows how long ( if you'll still be playing ) to have no1 else to attack but QQme & actually work together in beating them .

I'd say more but Rawrgh pretty much said what I wanted to say already . We need a 3rd stronger faction to 3-way attack QQme but since there isn't any around yet , we'd need to experiment a 2-way done by levi & varden at least & see how that goes .

As I hear it , Levi's leader is kinda hard to contact .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    QQme is a fail faction made by a fail metal mage, with its sole purpose being taking down Infamy. Atm its a powerhouse of noname active players half of which are brs, there are still alot of people in QQme which I respect, despite of what I think of the faction as a whole.
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    QQme is a fail faction made by a fail metal mage, with its sole purpose being taking down Infamy. Atm its a powerhouse of noname active players half of which are brs, there are still alot of people in QQme which I respect, despite of what I think of the faction as a whole.

Saying this or hopping around in different factions doesn't help taking this so called " fail " faction down .

It's like , it's impossible for some ppl to stay in 1 faction for more than 2 weeks thus instead of fewer yet stronger factions ( which is what we'd need ) we get multiple weaker factions all with high lvls being scattered everywhere .

And some talk about merging ? Ppl can't even stay in their own faction here let alone merge , ijs .

Sad but true b:surrender
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Id stay in one faction but NightRage likes kicking half the faction every other day (//.-)
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    JAJAJAJA Take down the white beast. You attack first, when we see you attack we will attack. -nobody attacks- "WHAT? I WAS WAITING FOR YOU!" "Waiting for me? I was waiting for you!"
  • RainZ - Raging Tide
    RainZ - Raging Tide Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well..i think its hard to break apart a faction whos grown fond of playing with each other... i know lots of ppl in qqme have grown to adapt and like each other whether it'd be the style of play or just chit chat fun...

I must say.. it feels strange to be in da position of power having always been the resistor...and fuzzy...din u promise me Varden would own half the map by the time i come back? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty
    edited June 2010
    It's like , it's impossible for some ppl to stay in 1 faction for more than 2 weeks thus instead of fewer yet stronger factions ( which is what we'd need ) we get multiple weaker factions

+10 to that one Pimp... it is sad indeed some people (who shall remain nameless) simply don't seem to play well with others. Fuzzy not sure what they hope to achieve by hopping guilds so quickly and seemingly starting new ones every couple of weeks, but if that is how they enjoy playing the game, to each their own. However, it is too bad that all the moving around between factions hurts these same players if they were to become serious about it. Not sure how many factions, or other players, will want to work with them when looking at their track record. It leaves alot of doubt thinking they will simply move on in a week or two.
    ...and fuzzy...din u promise me Varden would own half the map by the time i come back? b:chuckle

Well you know RainZ, it would keep things far more interesting if someone did.

(Get them gas-can's ready, Fuzzy expects alot of flames for the next part)

It looks as though several points have begun to emerge from this thread.

It will take either an extremely strong second faction or a third somewhat powerful group to change the track our server is now on. Also, this will never happen as long as those players who are active, eager and willing participants in the TW aspect of the game remain spread out among 10+ other guilds.

Perhaps some of the smaller guilds might consider merging together. However, Fuzzy can't see a scenario where that would actually work. The problem is that mergers are too messy. Too many people get bent out of shape amongst the new "combined" leadership as to what direction is best, which in turn fractures faction loyalty along the lines of the 2 previous guilds. It takes extreme care to avoid these problems.

It does seem to Fuzzy also that there are too many people who like the idea of being a leader simply for the sake of having the title. Me not mean this to apply to everyone, (so don't even try and take it that way) but some of you know what Fuzzy's means. Perhaps these "leaders" need to swallow a bit of their pride and an work with a larger group of people for the benefit of everyone. Maybe they need to give some thought to joining a larger faction of their own volition instead of "needing" it to be a merger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Me predicts most of QQme members will join the other big facs. And we'll end up having a whole big battle again. And 'one shadow that becomes immovable'? This is a online MMO b:chuckle...
    Don't confuse PW with all MMOs.

TW system doesn't allow 1v1 on a target (faction) of your choice. You attack whatever faction happens to be on there. This makes most factions affect everyone who wants to participate, even if they don't. If a faction owns all territories, then:

1) that faction can't attack anyone
    2) everyone else can ONLY attack that faction

Which is why the TW system, being the sole organized PvP in this game, is not suitable. We need something like duels but duels between factions or squads or whatever.

I have to emphasize the word "organized". You know, something where external people or factions don't disturb you.

(the deathmatch arena doesn't work btw, since random people can sign up there and spoil it)

EDIT: Also Fuzzy, the "merging" may work but that assumes all the high lvl people who want to do that only want factions for TW, which may not be the case (certainly not with me). Although factions do break up often and even loyal people leave when it has become partially dead, I have experiences with that myself, they rarely do so for "merging" with other high level people (unless they hop in the dominant guild).
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Hmm why don't Varden and Levi merge, since Fuzzy is looking for a strong 2nd faction? Varden merges into Levi of course, because it would only seem proper, as Fuzzy called for it.

Please don't take it the hard way fuzzy, no flames intended.

And also, if (hypothetically) Varden loses all their land to QQme, would Varden still follow Fuzzy's idea of attacking QQme the next week? And the week after that? Or would Varden target the 'smaller' facs and roll them first?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
    edited June 2010
    Hmm why don't Varden and Levi merge, since Fuzzy is looking for a strong 2nd faction?

This will never happen as long as Fuzzy is the leader of Varden. As me has said, mergers are a bad idea. They will almost always lead to an unstable faction with split loyalties. If people are interested in growing a strong TW alternative to QQme on the map, the players interested should be drawn to a faction of their own choice, not merged into another by the choice of their leader.

As for Fuzzy personally, me would never join Levi. If they want to double or triple attack, that is one thing, but this panda will never be joining them.

Fuzzy said earlier that some guild leaders need to take the ego hit and give up their leadership and join another faction of their own free will instead of needing a merge. Is Fuzzy above this you ask? The answer is no. The problem is there is no single leader out there who inspires Fuzzy anywhere near enough to consider joining them.

No other guild leader, as far as me can see has ever shown any interest or vision, nevermind passion, in working towards anything bigger than their own faction. They look at the small picture of what they can achieve today with no apparent foresight on what it may bring tomorrow. This seeming lack of overall strategy is going to lead to the TW aspect of the game growing very stagnant very quickly. Were another leader to emerge who actually shared Fuzzy's view of the server and were as motivated as Fuzzy to keep things evolving, me would seriously consider following them. However, at this point to say that seems even remotely possible sounds like a huge overestimate.
    And also, if (hypothetically) Varden loses all their land to QQme, would Varden still follow Fuzzy's idea of attacking QQme the next week? And the week after that? Or would Varden target the 'smaller' facs and roll them first?

You would need to ask that question to Varden, not to Fuzzy directly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Hmm why don't Varden and Levi merge, since Fuzzy is looking for a strong 2nd faction? Varden merges into Levi of course, because it would only seem proper, as Fuzzy called for it.

Please don't take it the hard way fuzzy, no flames intended.

im in 3 weeks the smaller facs are not going to b on the map, its going to be like leviathan, Transcend and QQme...i would like to go all the way against QQme, but hey thats just me, a lot ppl will probably leave if we do it and at the end of the end is not up to fuzzy, its up to the whole faction yeah thats how we operate and i like it :3
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Transcend won't be on the map, there are like 30 people in the faction.

All leviathan has to do is get close and then it's 3 free lands for the taking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Transcend won't be on the map, there are like 30 people in the faction.

All leviathan has to do is get close and then it's 3 free lands for the taking.

they may b on the map for the next 3 weeks tho