Server Merge

Options

Comments

• sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I say, give a server merge to Arch and Raging Tide.
    Wow. That would be a really bad idea.

Besides the already discussed name conflicts, the Archosaur and Raging Tide servers are on opposite sides of the country. This means that you'd be drastically increasing the lag for almost all of the people whichever server got removed.

Oh, and if Raging Tide went away, the name conflicts would be worse, since Archosaur shares a name database with Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary.

Could you imagine the volume of complaints for making people change their name and adding a ton of lag? If you think people are leaving too often now, a change like that would make people leave in droves!

This is a complex problem, so simple solutions like "merge servers" just won't work very well, and would cause worse problems than the one they're intended to solve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »

Besides the already discussed name conflicts, the Archosaur and Raging Tide servers are on opposite sides of the country. This means that you'd be drastically increasing the lag for almost all of the people whichever server got removed.

Oh, and if Raging Tide went away, the name conflicts would be worse, since Archosaur shares a name database with Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary.

Could you imagine the volume of complaints for making people change their name and adding a ton of lag? If you think people are leaving too often now, a change like that would make people leave in droves!

This is a complex problem, so simple solutions like "merge servers" just won't work very well, and would cause worse problems than the one they're intended to solve.

xD
    Lets put the new server in.....Lebanon, Kansas!
    And hai there wandering wiki moderator.
    ^.^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wikimod :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • sangodoc
    edited June 2010
    Options
    And hai there wandering wiki moderator.
    ^.^
    Wikimod :O
    Shhh! They're still fixing my icon. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Then stop posting
    >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wow gz on wikimod =o

this could encourage me to look there sometimes..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wow gz on wikimod =o

b:avoid
    The Wiki will be free from the presence of Paramedic.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wiki was free enough.. i bearly did there anything

fixed cleric part some time ago cuz it was just awful (it was on stage when f.e WS was considered as chi building skill. etc etc).

tho it s still not very good.. and biased tru mag AA so much that it bothers even me =P

and i can guess that other sections dont look better
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • sangodoc
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wow gz on wikimod =o
    Thanks.
    I see it already has. ;-)

But yeah, we need to encourage people to say what's wrong or missing in the wiki, and to get more people to work on it. Thanks for your edits. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The real issue is all the people who speed level. They race to 100, and when they finally get there, there is not much game left for them because they bypassed most of the content you're supposed to go through. That and in the end, there's not much left for a PvE server to offer when most of your community doesn't PvP. PWI has supported this as they don't really care about long term players, but cater mostly to the quick levelers who will pay to get there, and get there so fast they don't have time to make friends and bond with their communities, so they hit the end, proclaim game over and leave for something different.

Not much you can do about it without changing the new style of gameplay. Hyper Frost and BH are the two largest contributors to this.

Sad to say that the long term playability that this game was originally and quite brilliantly designed for has been mostly overlooked this past 9 months. Not much is likely to change either.

I also suspect that the newer servers suffer far worse than the older servers. Many of whom retain a lot of their older players for these reasons.

The long and boring path to a higher level may be faster, but it still leaves out endgame content.
    Even if I did fast level to 100, I still have plenty of things to do:

1. Level my hercules to my level.
    2. Get better armor/weapons
    3. Save up for warsoul.
    4. Chat with my faction, and help people.

1. Spend a day in Mice Bashing. Or just don't Hyper straight from 80>100. My Herc has been leveling the same time as I have with moderate Hyper usage.
    2. The point and interest of doing that pretty much ends at 99. Getting 99 gear and even making them Nirvana isn't that big of a deal nowadays.
    3. Good luck with that. No seriously, $30.000 through ingame farming? A faster way would be getting a job and getting one after a few years.
    4. Not a valid argument and not everyone's motive of playing a game.
    Sangodoc wrote: »

Then merge something else on the same coast. Merging RT and Archo wouldn't help, since the people present in RT's west district at any given moment is probably double Archosaur's total population on a weekend day. Merging one of these two servers into an existing one like LC, HL etc. shouldn't be that difficult. Actually, considering my experience with databases, I can pretty much garantuee it's not that difficult. A few hours of writing queries and script for the transfer, a few days to test them on an offline server, and a few hours to bring them up during a maintenance.

Then merge with a server that shares it's name table. That means the names you have on Server X, will not be taken on Server Z and vice-versa. There is no issue at all.

Professionally done database merges shouldn't be that huge of a problem really. Other PWs have done it, so I'm assuming they have software and scripts available already. If not, I'm for hire. PM me GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This game is not one built for end-game content, and the devs have made it far too easy to level to 100+

In order to compete you have to level quickly, but in order to enjoy the sparse content in the game you need to level the slow way.

It's a nice catch-22.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Honestly...The game is old. They are already working on new games which will replace this one. They are going to squeeze every last cent they can from this game before everyone jumps ship IMO. Which is why you see rediculous things being added to cash shop instead of silly bugs and other issues being fixed. However i do enjoy playing ive made alot of friends in my short time here :]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    All those people that quit gets replaced pretty fast tho, which is why PWI isn't dying. Just the quality of players that changes.

A new patch of 100+ Hyper Frost babies gets graduated every week. Than of course half of those will quit pretty soon as well since all they ever did was speed leveling. They will also experience how hard and costly getting endgame gear is, far harder and more boring than Hyper frosting. Leveling fast is also pretty addicting, so of course they get bored as hell once they suddenly needs 270 mil exp tnl.

But PWI still made a nice profit from them as customers, hypers from 90-100 is good money. PWI has turned into a cheap hotel and not that many regulars left b:sad.

If they wanna keep people playing i say make 105 somewhat possible to reach and more endgame pve-related content. How ever i dont think people quitting is an issue for PWI, since they get new players all the time.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The long and boring path to a higher level may be faster, but it still leaves out endgame content.

The long and boring path? The goal of the game is to play, not to reach 100 as quickly as you can. Your speed leveling generation is somewhat new to the franchise. Before BH, before hyper frost... people didn't complain about how difficult it was to level. I even went back to a little more than a year ago, looked through 42 pages of posts from 3-17-09 to 4-17-09, not a single QQ thread about it taking too long to level. Two threads actually said it was too easy to level, but most of the people who responded said it was just fine as it was.

Endgame content = Farming your end-game gear, TW and PvP. That's it.

It's not about getting to the end as fast as you can, it's the journey that used to be special.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If you look, I've stated that I've played on many different servers. Players can tell how full a server is, perhaps better than a GM or someone could. A GM might be able to run some numbers and see how many people are online, but how many of them actively play can only be determined by the players.

Are you in game 24/7 to see how many people are on? 'Cause you know, even if the servers are in the States, there are people playing from Eastern Europe lets say. You might not see them on because of the time zone. Also, do you cruise the whole map counting people? Maybe people are doing the same and it's people chasin' people, never seeing any1 ust STANDING there. So .. yea, they have NUMBERS to analyze and see. I believe more reliable than your observations.

I didn't really power level or "cs buy my gear." I quested to 40, Tideborn quested to 46, used some of my DW assets to acquire oracles to hit 6X. I was then one of the only people to actually zen on that server, at Seaweed theives. Now 90% of the RT population probably doesn't know what zen is or have done it. I gamma'd through straight to 85, then I began Frostcovered, before Hypers were even implemented. Pepper in some Delta, BH, Cube, Marriage Quest, and the new Hyper FC, and I'm level 100.

I didn't buy all of my gear. I farmed it, the TT stuff anyway. Broke my neck in 3-2 and 3-3 to get all of my TT99 gear, and I'm proud I have it now.

This server has been open for close to 7 months now. That is more than enough time for anyone with a little devotion to reach endgame.

Yea..... like said many times... Power level. 7 months???? LOL, not yet;P Anyway, yes, get a life:D

You're worried about the company's cashflow? This is not that expensive of an operation... Even so, people are regularly dumping mortgages into this game, I don't think PWI is hurting for money (yet.)

Graphical glitches? What does that have to do with anything?

I was one of the best if not the best PK clerics on my old server. I was Director of the largest land holding faction on the server (Calamity) and if you asked a random person if they knew who I was, chances are they could tell you.

I didn't feel like an underdog or a nonfactor or any of that. I just thought it would be cool to try a new server. And believe me, it has been very fun for me. However now I'm starting to miss that end game support that my old server had.

If you were so awesome there, why did you move to RT? To copy and paste your awesomeness???? You miss the old server? Ehmr... why not go back? Why QQ about something that you can change yourself??? You deleted your char? (if yes, imma rofl)

I have many friends, I have built a faction I was proud of, and I've done just about all quests left to me.

<thumbs up>

You sound so cool with your "Herp derp 4 months ToPsZ?" however the server has been open for close to 7 months, which is more than enough time for a college student to reach end game.

Your professors should give ya more work then.

Your post is just summed up to this. "Hurr durr you leveled faster than I deem appropriate or possible so u need to git a lyfeeee."

Kinda, yea... It's not about what he, or I see appropriate, but about what ... hurts you. You lvled so fast.. I guess it IS not appropriate.
    --

Back on topic: Server merge is just one idea I had. I wouldn't mind hearing other ideas, and that's why I made this thread. As stated previously, I would pay to transfer my character to an older server, and that would leave me at the mercy of renaming my character.

Why would you pay to transfer your char??? If you had an awesome char on another server, why not move? You got banned or deleted it or what? Also, go ahead, change the server once more, maybe this time you'll get it right.

[/QUOTE]

My post is a bit ... personal... I HAD to reply to what the OP stated, 'cause it just bothered me so much.

As for the server merge, NO! As stated already, there would be an issue with names, lag, etc.

You can't find a squad for whatever? Well, maybe you're not searching well. Gee, if it's true how amazing you are, why not call on your friends and ask for a squad? Oh, are they below lvl 90 still? Get your faction together! Use world chat. I dunno, use your imagination. Or maybe... people just don't wanna squad with you?

Maybe it IS you, not the server(s)b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Honestly...The game is old. They are already working on new games which will replace this one. They are going to squeeze every last cent they can from this game before everyone jumps ship IMO. Which is why you see rediculous things being added to cash shop instead of silly bugs and other issues being fixed. However i do enjoy playing ive made alot of friends in my short time here :]

I've started to look into other games, but the only other one that even remotely Interests me is one that most people will avoid... since it has a low player base and only arena battles for PVP, which I absolutely love, because open PVP sucks.

Plus it's more anime-themed, less customizations, and even less item mall items to make things unbalanced. (Which is better than this game.) Plus, when you equip something, it is immediately bound, and cannot be traded to anyone.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    if you are complaining about completing delta for your lvl 100 culti fairy, how did you open map 4 OHT in the first place?

Also, server merge can be considered as a solution to what you are saying ie lack of players, but there is another way you can do it, recruit more people into your factions, encourage/help them to reach end game, train more people to do delta. Like what Fuzzy said, they don't think the server is that deserted. However, if you are expecting other cash shoppers like you to reach lvl 100 and do stuff with you, that expectation might be a unreal.

To be honest, in Dreamweaver there are more people "quitting" each day. "quitting" as in they no longer do stuff, only logs in to tw, merchanting and maybe do bh 100, and the nien event thingy. and then there are those who quit completely. doing delta in dreamweaver is a nightmare because most of the time, its more of a faction thing, if you are not in the top 2 factions in dreamweaver, good luck fnding people to do delta.( i have seen people offering obscene amount of "payments" to make a squad). that being said, most of the farming instances are still being actively farmed so at least there is something to be done there. and the pvp scene in dreamweaver is also something like seeing the same faces everyday, something similar to what the people in your server has said.

Different kind of people might look forward to different kinds of things. Some of you like to enjoy the "journey", some just wants to pvp more, some just wants to socialize in game. Whatever it is, I hope others don't be too judging over what other people want in game even if he wants a server merge just because he cannot find anything to do in his server.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Believe it or not there is quite a bit of end-game content available, pwi just doesn't seem to release it for this version.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    We don't deserve it, we haven't cash shopped enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ooo Devoted, tell us something about those. I'm curious.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The long and boring path? The goal of the game is to play, not to reach 100 as quickly as you can. Your speed leveling generation is somewhat new to the franchise. Before BH, before hyper frost... people didn't complain about how difficult it was to level. I even went back to a little more than a year ago, looked through 42 pages of posts from 3-17-09 to 4-17-09, not a single QQ thread about it taking too long to level. Two threads actually said it was too easy to level, but most of the people who responded said it was just fine as it was.

Endgame content = Farming your end-game gear, TW and PvP. That's it.

It's not about getting to the end as fast as you can, it's the journey that used to be special.

I've been playing since long before the introduction of Hyper and all that jazz. I'm fairly certain I dislike doing the same rebirth a million times to level, it used to be pretty much the only way to level and was able to be done semi-afk. Not really interesting imo.

if you are complaining about completing delta for your lvl 100 culti fairy, how did you open map 4 OHT in the first place?

I think he explained before, the high level cliques are constantly switching factions or quitting/rerolling. Given that there aren't that many high levels on RT to begin with, even less have ever attended a rebirth or even know what it is (yeah it's sad, there's lv90-100 people that never did an RB of any kind)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I used to laugh when I saw these threads and argue against such a thing, but events as of late have made me rethink my decision.

I used to run a faction full of promising high level individuals. We had quite a bit of territory. We had a ton of 9x and 10x players.

But eventually people began to quit the game. We were hit the hardest, because we were home to some of the fastest levelers and a good portion of the high level scene on Raging Tides.

We had so many people quit that a lot of the few remaining high levels just left for other factions, which had players just then reaching those high levels who were still playing.

Even today, people are quitting this game at an alarming rate. Whether it be from one of PWI's many abuses to the recent trend of there not being anything to do at high level on our server, the 10x scene is quickly becoming a ghost town. High level instances are almost impossible to get together.

Many high levels from all different factions on my server agree that a server merge might be in our best interests. Or an option I would consider is paying to put my character on an older server.

I just don't know any more. The pedigree and selection of high levels on our server is just pathetic and it really is driving me nuts that I can't get anything done. Everyone is quitting because of it. PWI is losing money.

On other versions of the game, they did this, TW factions were compensated for land, and it didn't cost the company much to do. Please GMs, give us something. I shudder to think of what Archosaur server must be going through.

Your servers are dying PWI. Namely your two newest ones. This is your fault, and you probably won't win those other players back. Now it's time to prevent new ones from quitting.

Please help us.

I couldn't help but smile happily as I am reading this post.

Basically when you had the strongest faction on the server and everything was going dandy a server merge is out of the question. But now the players quit, your faction is gone and you can't find parties to do things with it's time for a merge :P Good luck with that.

Also are you so bored now that you've become Rawrgh Jr on the forums? I'm rly rly happy thing worked out this way. You deserved it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think he explained before, the high level cliques are constantly switching factions or quitting/rerolling. Given that there aren't that many high levels on RT to begin with, even less have ever attended a rebirth or even know what it is (yeah it's sad, there's lv90-100 people that never did an RB of any kind)
    There's another problem. From my experience from being a non factor noob (Before joining QQme) I noticed this server completely sucks at helping/teaching/squadding with people who you don't know at all. The so called end game factors made their closed groups and ignore everyone else, call them nonfactors, and trash talk about them. And when people in this group start to quit they get desperate and see how dependent on a few people they actually were (which is a BAD idea, I know this from my other MMO I played before where I was guild leader of one of most successful guilds) and start to beg for help themselves, and see how it is when they get ignored by other "closed groups"
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I got all my TT stuff done without relying on any faction. I got my delta completed for second past map a couple days ago and I did so with only one faction member helping. I just PMed a few freinds and asked if they could come delta, they would come and ask their freinds, they would ask their freinds, and voila, delta squad.
    Also are you so bored now that you've become Rawrgh Jr on the forums?

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • timkalex
    timkalex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    do i hear a QQer
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    timkalex wrote: »
    do i hear a QQer

Do I hear a Bait?
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I've been playing since long before the introduction of Hyper and all that jazz. I'm fairly certain I dislike doing the same rebirth a million times to level, it used to be pretty much the only way to level and was able to be done semi-afk. Not really interesting imo.

You completely missed the point. The game isn't about leveling... if that's all it is to you I kinda feel sad.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They race to 100, and when they finally get there, there is not much game left for them because they bypassed most of the content you're supposed to go through.
    The same nonsense over and over. Are you trolling by any chance?

The OP is complaining about lack of people for end-game content. Who cares if he went through lower lvl content? In fact, look at me as an example.

I've done all TTs for my levels (not those above my lvl ofc), FC, BH, FBs, all quests (none in my quest log except for the Warsong ones, dunno why they put it at such low level), even dailies (they are a form of content too), Rebirth, grinding even, AOE grinding also, AOE grinding with a cleric as well (squad AOE grinding, not zhen though). Am I missing something?

What other content do you speak of?
    Or are you just trolling as usual?
    You completely missed the point. The game isn't about leveling... if that's all it is to you I kinda feel sad.
    Esuna is right though, and what's the point? Care to be specific? Like, what did we need to do else? What content did we miss? etc?

Seriously.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Actually the race to 100 applies to OP because he is claiming that lots of his lvl 100 friends quit because they are bored of the game. It kinda applies to OP as well because if he is leveling with his server, then there would not be any problem finding people for in game contents appropriate to his level. Sadly, the blame should be on the hyper stones and bhs instead of the OP.

quick edit: ok, OP didnt say that they quit because they are bored, but it is assumed so usually.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sorry but that makes no sense. Going through lower level content doesn't make you quit less at higher levels.

You may quit the GAME after a longer period... but who cares? At lvl100 you have the same content, whether you spend 1 day or 1 year leveling from 1 to 100. If you quit at 100 because it's boring at 100, then how does slower leveling from the lower level content (which, again, is not lvl100 content) make you quit less?

How does a person that takes 1 year to level from 1 to 100 and then quits like the other person who got in 1 day help the OP?

It doesn't matter that you stay at lvl99 for 5 weeks, the lvl100 content doesn't care about it, since you can't even open Nirvana.
This discussion has been closed.