Server Merge

NightRage - Raging Tide
NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
I used to laugh when I saw these threads and argue against such a thing, but events as of late have made me rethink my decision.

I used to run a faction full of promising high level individuals. We had quite a bit of territory. We had a ton of 9x and 10x players.

But eventually people began to quit the game. We were hit the hardest, because we were home to some of the fastest levelers and a good portion of the high level scene on Raging Tides.

We had so many people quit that a lot of the few remaining high levels just left for other factions, which had players just then reaching those high levels who were still playing.

Even today, people are quitting this game at an alarming rate. Whether it be from one of PWI's many abuses to the recent trend of there not being anything to do at high level on our server, the 10x scene is quickly becoming a ghost town. High level instances are almost impossible to get together.

Many high levels from all different factions on my server agree that a server merge might be in our best interests. Or an option I would consider is paying to put my character on an older server.

I just don't know any more. The pedigree and selection of high levels on our server is just pathetic and it really is driving me nuts that I can't get anything done. Everyone is quitting because of it. PWI is losing money.

On other versions of the game, they did this, TW factions were compensated for land, and it didn't cost the company much to do. Please GMs, give us something. I shudder to think of what Archosaur server must be going through.

Your servers are dying PWI. Namely your two newest ones. This is your fault, and you probably won't win those other players back. Now it's time to prevent new ones from quitting.

Please help us.
Post edited by NightRage - Raging Tide on

Comments

• KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    *deletes Raging Tide Server*

have fun~
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The real issue is all the people who speed level. They race to 100, and when they finally get there, there is not much game left for them because they bypassed most of the content you're supposed to go through. That and in the end, there's not much left for a PvE server to offer when most of your community doesn't PvP. PWI has supported this as they don't really care about long term players, but cater mostly to the quick levelers who will pay to get there, and get there so fast they don't have time to make friends and bond with their communities, so they hit the end, proclaim game over and leave for something different.

Not much you can do about it without changing the new style of gameplay. Hyper Frost and BH are the two largest contributors to this.

Sad to say that the long term playability that this game was originally and quite brilliantly designed for has been mostly overlooked this past 9 months. Not much is likely to change either.

I also suspect that the newer servers suffer far worse than the older servers. Many of whom retain a lot of their older players for these reasons.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The real issue is all the people who speed level. They race to 100, and when they finally get there, there is not much game left for them because they bypassed most of the content you're supposed to go through. That and in the end, there's not much left for a PvE server to offer when most of your community doesn't PvP. PWI has supported this as they don't really care about long term players, but cater mostly to the quick levelers who will pay to get there, and get there so fast they don't have time to make friends and bond with their communities, so they hit the end, proclaim game over and leave for something different.

Not much you can do about it without changing the new style of gameplay. Hyper Frost and BH are the two largest contributors to this.

Sad to say that the long term playability that this game was originally and quite brilliantly designed for has been mostly overlooked this past 9 months. Not much is likely to change either.

I also suspect that the newer servers suffer far worse than the older servers. Many of whom retain a lot of their older players for these reasons.

pretty much what micheal said. good luck with keeping Raging Tide alive~
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I used to laugh when I saw these threads and argue against such a thing, but events as of late have made me rethink my decision.

I used to run a faction full of promising high level individuals. We had quite a bit of territory. We had a ton of 9x and 10x players.

But eventually people began to quit the game. We were hit the hardest, because we were home to some of the fastest levelers and a good portion of the high level scene on Raging Tides.

We had so many people quit that a lot of the few remaining high levels just left for other factions, which had players just then reaching those high levels who were still playing.

Even today, people are quitting this game at an alarming rate. Whether it be from one of PWI's many abuses to the recent trend of there not being anything to do at high level on our server, the 10x scene is quickly becoming a ghost town. High level instances are almost impossible to get together.

Many high levels from all different factions on my server agree that a server merge might be in our best interests. Or an option I would consider is paying to put my character on an older server.

I just don't know any more. The pedigree and selection of high levels on our server is just pathetic and it really is driving me nuts that I can't get anything done. Everyone is quitting because of it. PWI is losing money.

On other versions of the game, they did this, TW factions were compensated for land, and it didn't cost the company much to do. Please GMs, give us something. I shudder to think of what Archosaur server must be going through.

Your servers are dying PWI. Namely your two newest ones. This is your fault, and you probably won't win those other players back. Now it's time to prevent new ones from quitting.

Please help us.
    No surprise, it would get boring on a PvP server. You need **** like this to keep things interesting 044.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Main reason people are quitting is because the game isn't being run exactly how they want it to. They are basically like "WAAAAH! I'm not the center of the PWI uiverse anymore, the game is not being run how *I* want it! WAAAAAH!"

It's the devs' game and their rules. Don't like the rules? Just go play something else and keep the QQ to yourself. It's that simple.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ^ LMAO PWI stocks going down, how much longer are you going to spout your "stop QQ and leave"? til there's no one left?

I guess it's because there's nothing much to do at higher levels. I literally sign onto the game and go "meh" then go on my shop alt for the rest of the day. Maybe this game needs LESS PACKS...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Even if I did fast level to 100, I still have plenty of things to do:

1. Level my hercules to my level.
    2. Get better armor/weapons
    3. Save up for warsoul.
    4. Chat with my faction, and help people.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Ok let me tell you a little bit about myself.

I started off in HT in 2008. I leveled a veno to 70 and was in Evolution.

DW came out, so I went there. I was in Calamity and leveled a cleric to 97. Leveling was easier, but not by much.

RT came out, I rolled this archer. I am now level 100.

I have 5.0 aps with claws. I have all of my endgame gear, armor to +5, helmet to +6, bow to +7.

There is no PK on this server. Further refines would be wasted.

I need a Delta to get my 100 fairy. I'm finding it impossible.

I have 4th map opened and I have the belt. Check there.

I would farm Nirvana, but not enough 100+ to farm it. Even so, Nirvana armor would be a waste.

What's left? Grind for a Warsoul?

Edit: I have seen 3 stages of gameplay. HT where leveling was quest or grind. DW where oracles were prevalent thanks to Jolly Jones. And now RT where PWI is like "OMG here have a level 100 kthnxbai."

It sucks.
    edited June 2010
    What's left?

Trying out PvP server 154218d4.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
    edited June 2010
    Trying out PvP server 154218d4.gif

Why should I reroll? I've played 10 different characters across different servers. I'm now level 100 and there is nothing to do. I don't want to do that all over again just to be disappointed again.
    edited June 2010
    Why should I reroll? I've played 10 different characters across different servers.

Ya, but all PvE server, not much entertainment therec8908497.gif
    Then again ofc you wouldn't want to go through all that, who would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
    edited June 2010
    Ya, but all PvE server, not much entertainment therec8908497.gif
    Then again ofc you wouldn't want to go through all that, who would.

I wouldn't mind trying out a PvP server, but not from scratch. I would pay for a character transfer.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Main reason people are quitting is because the game isn't being run exactly how they want it to. They are basically like "WAAAAH! I'm not the center of the PWI uiverse anymore, the game is not being run how *I* want it! WAAAAAH!"

It's the devs' game and their rules. Don't like the rules? Just go play something else and keep the QQ to yourself. It's that simple.

^ Fail troll ^

Anyways.....Raging Tide and Archosaur servers should never have been opened in the first place. The other PvE servers were nowhere near being at full capacity, and even the rest, like Sanctuary, are losing players on a daily basis. I'm glad PWE is losing money. They brought it upon themselves.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ^ Fail troll ^

I'm no troll. Just stating the obvious facts...
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    the servers are dying because people are lvling so fast with their money and they 1.get blown out. 2.get bored. 3.or are going broke. i see it all the time with these cash shop people paying for their lvls and gears..come on play the game like you should and accomplish something in it..dumb asses
  • Grindcore - Raging Tide
    Grindcore - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I agree with a server merge 100%
    We definitely are needing it.. and it's on more then 1 server.

I say this:
    4 server rule

Merge all the level 71+ from all the PVE servers into a server.
    Merge all the level 71+ from all the PVP servers into a server.
    Merge all the level 70 and lower from all the PVE servers into a server.
    Merge all the level 70 and lower from all the PVE servers into a server.

So maybe not a server merge. But more of an account merge.
  • Calija - Raging Tide
    Calija - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Server merge? I smell mass-QQ about who can still use there old names and who need to get a new one (for double names, what would happend, if server get merged).
  • Grindcore - Raging Tide
    Grindcore - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Server merge? I smell mass-QQ about who can still use there old names and who need to get a new one (for double names, what would happend, if server get merged).

I think for that, PW could set it up so that the players who made the name first had the original, and the players who made the name after get a "1" or "2".. or "3" even after their name. Yes, probably major QQ about it, but beggers can't be choosers.
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I doubt that server merge helps on a long turn. This is nothing else as a sing, that the game is slowly dying and nothing else. Even on dream. server, you can already see ghost places ( low. lvl areas ), new people are rare and 80 % of lower lvl people are alts. So don't think that you can expect from other servers something else, sooner or later gonna be all as '' Raging Tide ''.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I need a Delta to get my 100 fairy. I'm finding it impossible.

I have 4th map opened and I have the belt. Check there.

those two are a contradiction...
    besides a character transfer would be unfair, tt mat prices are different across server and you didnt experience getting rpk-ed in a pvp server.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I wouldn't mind trying out a PvP server, but not from scratch. I would pay for a character transfer.

PvP from scratch is the way to go. Per aspera ad astra. b:victory
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
    edited June 2010
    those two are a contradiction...
    besides a character transfer would be unfair, tt mat prices are different across server and you didnt experience getting rpk-ed in a pvp server.

I don't see how those two are a contradiction, I farmed all of my TT mats (or chipped them), and I don't necessarily insist on going to a PK server.
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Meh server merge isn't possible, the GMs and developers have already said so themselves. First of all, the name pools. You do not want to have two different people with the same name running around. That'd be so a mess.

Server lag would spike up to the point of where I don't even want to think about it. If you put two servers together, think of all the characters on that server. I think they'd actually literally max out the number of people on a server.

The economy would be ruined and fail and causing more RQ than ever. Say you can sell gold for 500k on one server, and the gold price from the other server was... 300k, how would you fix that? For one, too many players and not enough mobs would be bad too.

Bleh oh well. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Sanguilia - Raging Tide
    Sanguilia - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Agree with last poster right now server lag is unberable, I am in Raging Tide and there are plenty people running around (admit low levels like me), server merger is a failure, never will work because the lag problems, until they introduce new quests (Check what BoI is doing) for high levels, you want to keep players happy? introduce quest lines that will attract them. End game dungeons, quest lines that will take them all over the map, make quests where the high level players must help low levels, a mastership/discipleship role like in BoI. There are many things that can be done.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    The economy would be ruined and fail and causing more RQ than ever. Say you can sell gold for 500k on one server, and the gold price from the other server was... 300k, how would you fix that? For one, too many players and not enough mobs would be bad too.

Not really a problem. That couple of players that play all servers and control the market make sure they're all identical. b:quiet
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Not really a problem. That couple of players that play all servers and control the market make sure they're all identical. b:quiet

Meh I know that it could be "balanced" out but it becomes unfair to everybody. For the people who were used to selling at 500k have to now deal with a lower price and the people who were used to selling at 300k can now sell higher. Bleh I'm tired, what I meant is the economy would just become unbalanced. That was just an example b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    No surprise, it would get boring on a PvP server. You need **** like this to keep things interesting 044.gif

lol excellent vid. You even killed two of my old friends there. A lot of pushovers though, you wouldn't have been able to keep that up on LC. Great killing streak though. b:victory
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited June 2010
    Meh server merge isn't possible, the GMs and developers have already said so themselves.

No they haven't, and it has been done before in other versions.

First of all, the name pools. You do not want to have two different people with the same name running around. That'd be so a mess.

Some of the servers already share the same name pool. I'm sure there is a way around this.

Server lag would spike up to the point of where I don't even want to think about it. If you put two servers together, think of all the characters on that server. I think they'd actually literally max out the number of people on a server.

No. None of the servers are that full, much less the ones I'm talking about merging.

The economy would be ruined and fail and causing more RQ than ever. Say you can sell gold for 500k on one server, and the gold price from the other server was... 300k, how would you fix that?

Gold prices are terribad on all servers. Gold was 100K, now it's 500K. People adjusted, and they always will.

For one, too many players and not enough mobs would be bad too.

Doubt it, nobody quests much anyway, and there is an abundance of mobs.

Bleh oh well. b:surrender
    10characters
    edited June 2010
    Meh I know that it could be "balanced" out but it becomes unfair to everybody. For the people who were used to selling at 500k have to now deal with a lower price and the people who were used to selling at 300k can now sell higher. Bleh I'm tired, what I meant is the economy would just become unbalanced. That was just an example b:surrender

So? They'll get over it. It took less than a few months for people to adjust from 100K to 500K.
    edited June 2010
    Agree with last poster right now server lag is unberable, I am in Raging Tide and there are plenty people running around (admit low levels like me)

Raging Tide doesn't lag in the slightest. You're level 6 anyway, it takes 1 minute till next level, you'll be fine...
This discussion has been closed.