How to make 5m coins on 1 weeks.

Comments

• Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear
    Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    lol 5m a week.. since when is that a lot...?

if i did that i could probably cut down the time it might take me to get a herc..if i grind it might take me a little under a year to get a herc..i go 2 college and its not pretty late nights..too tired to grind lol
    edited June 2010
    Exactly. I'm always amazed and just how much work people will put into avoiding having to do work. You don't want to pay $1 for 400k coin, so you will spend 2 hours in the game doing something you don't consider to be fun to earn that 400k. Even though earning $1 amounts to less than 10 minutes working at a RL job you don't consider to be fun.

They're both things you don't find fun, and in both cases you start with $0 and 0 coin, and end with $0 and 400k coin. Why not just go with the one which costs you a lot less time - the RL job?

Remember, you're playing this game because you find it fun, not because it's free. Watching paint dry is free too, but it's not exactly a popular activity because it's not fun. So why then would you want to spend your time in the game doing stuff that's free but not fun? Your primary goal should be maximizing how much fun you have, not maximizing how much stuff you can get for free.

well umm i am in college...and i go 2 school full time. I am working towards getting a career are you telling me I should quit because i can't spend real money?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Learn people learn.

If you say you cannot afford to spend money on PWI or any other game for that matter. Yet you have 5h a day to grind in game for a merger 1m a day. You are better off spending 5h a day working. You guys are probably unable to buy zen because you're making money inefficiently.

5h of grinding/mat farming = 1million coins. 0 real life entertainment. 5 hours 'wasted'.

5h of working = $50. Here you can use $10 to net you 4million coins. Use the other $40 to pay for education/food/bills/other entertainment.

We're not saying that you must pay money else you're a noob or whatnot. We're saying if you spend time working then putting that money towards coins, it is more efficient (also gives you job experience) than grinding your **** off in game.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well umm i am in college...and i go 2 school full time. I am working towards getting a career are you telling me I should quit because i can't spend real money?
    No. Say you're in college and every day you spend 6 hours sleeping, 6 hours in class, 6 hours doing homework, 2 hours eating, and 2 hours doing social activities, and 2 hours playing the game.

I'm saying you'd get a lot more enjoyment out of the game if you changed that to (hypothetically) 1.5 hours playing the game and 0.5 hours working a part-time job (i.e. 4 hours a week), and spent the extra $$ you earn on the game (or other stuff if you enjoy it more than the game).

Trying to get stuff for free simply for the sake of getting it free, while totally disregarding how much (entertainment) value it gives you is silly. Just because it's free doesn't mean it doesn't have a cost. It costs you your time and the opportunity to do other stuff.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

In other words, just becomes something is free does not automatically mean it's the best choice.
    edited June 2010
    No. Say you're in college and every day you spend 6 hours sleeping, 6 hours in class, 6 hours doing homework, 2 hours eating, and 2 hours doing social activities, and 2 hours playing the game.

I'm saying you'd get a lot more enjoyment out of the game if you changed that to (hypothetically) 1.5 hours playing the game and 0.5 hours working a part-time job (i.e. 4 hours a week), and spent the extra $$ you earn on the game (or other stuff if you enjoy it more than the game).

Trying to get stuff for free simply for the sake of getting it free, while totally disregarding how much (entertainment) value it gives you is silly. Just because it's free doesn't mean it doesn't have a cost. It costs you your time and the opportunity to do other stuff.

In other words, just becomes something is free does not automatically mean it's the best choice.

umm -chuckles- did you see the part where i said i go to school full time. When i say full time I mean I wake up at 6 in he morning, get to school by 7:40 dont leave school till 4:00 in the evening, and dont get home till 5:30 or 6:00. The only time i will ever get 2 play is on weekends, but it is summer now so i get to work on my chars a bit. Even though I am getting a summer job in June i still wont be able to spend money on this game because there are certain steps...to take before you can get an international credit card...like you have to have a job and pay slips and proof that you are a citizen of the country and other stuff...if you havent realized by now i dont live in America. If i could spend money on this game trust me I would. I will wait until I have my career before i spend money on this game which is in maybe the next 5 years LMFAOOO...-clears throat- anywayz..before then, I like this game so I will continue with it...until
    edited June 2010
    umm -chuckles- did you see the part where i said i go to school full time.
    Look, this is really amusing watching you folks trying to come up with scenarios trying to disprove what I'm saying. But the bottom line is that if you don't enjoy grinding or merchanting, you are better off devoting part of your gaming time to a RL job to get money to spend on the game. What I'm saying applies whether you spend 40 hrs/week playing the game, or 2 hrs/week playing the game. You're simply lying to yourself if you try to claim "But I don't have enough time to work a second job!" while at the same time you are spending x hrs/week playing the game.

Personally I don't care whether you take my advice or not. I give it in the hope that some of the people reading this will gain some insight from it, make better decisions, and improve their lives a little. If you choose to ignore it, it's no skin off my nose.
    edited June 2010
    Look, this is really amusing watching you folks trying to come up with scenarios trying to disprove what I'm saying. But the bottom line is that if you don't enjoy grinding or merchanting, you are better off devoting part of your gaming time to a RL job to get money to spend on the game. What I'm saying applies whether you spend 40 hrs/week playing the game, or 2 hrs/week playing the game. You're simply lying to yourself if you try to claim "But I don't have enough time to work a second job!" while at the same time you are spending x hrs/week playing the game.

Personally I don't care whether you take my advice or not. I give it in the hope that some of the people reading this will gain some insight from it, make better decisions, and improve their lives a little. If you choose to ignore it, it's no skin off my nose.

wow...you are very thick...YOU HAVE TO HAVE A REAL JOB TO GET AN INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD..A SUMMER JOB IS NOT A REAL JOB..A PART TIME JOB IS NOT A REAL JOB ..understand? At least in my country it isnt enough to get an international credit card. Who the hell wants to work a second job for a game? o_O
    And i didnt say your advice was bad? o_o or not relevant If i actually lived in america I would be agreeing with you 1000%.

But i was simply replying to the post where you said something about 6 hours a day sleeping 6 hours at school and such...because at that time you didnt realize that I go to school FULL TIME from morning till night.

If you thought I said your advice was bad.. fault b:surrenderon my part
    edited June 2010
    YOU HAVE TO HAVE A REAL JOB TO GET AN INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD..A SUMMER JOB IS NOT A REAL JOB..A PART TIME JOB IS NOT A REAL JOB ..understand? At least in my country it isnt enough to get an international credit card.

What the heck are you talking about? Whats this international credit card? You're doing the job for money, thats it. You dont need any CC to buy zen... Also, may I ask which country?
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You are better off spending 5h a day working.

We're not saying that you must pay money else you're a noob or whatnot.
    ^It really seems like that's what you're saying.

We're saying if you spend time working then putting that money towards coins, it is more efficient (also gives you job experience) than grinding your **** off in game.
    Well, I'm saying that you are assuming two things:
    1. That either people already have jobs or can get them before a dropped hat hits the floor.
    2. That people want to spend hard-earned RL money on a bunch of pixelated "coins" that won't last them very long.
    Both of these assumptions are faulty, especially the first.
    ^Who the hell spends .5 hours a day on a part-time job? Those things are 10-35 hours a week.

^I can't believe you used wikipedia to bolster your argument.

Well, the same goes for your end. Just because working can give you more ingame money per hour than grinding, doesnt automatically mean all PWI players can just snap their fingers and have a job, and actually want to spend their money on the game.
    ^Maybe it's not that people don't have time, but that they can't get one? Even if they could, who are you to tell them how to spend their money?

If you don't care whether people take your advice or not, why didn't you shut up after one post >__>
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
    edited June 2010
    1. That either people already have jobs or can get them before a dropped hat hits the floor.
    2. That people want to spend hard-earned RL money on a bunch of pixelated "coins" that won't last them very long.
    Both of these assumptions are faulty, especially the first.

1.) not hard to get a job. I got one when I wanted to work. My friends easily got one when they wanted to work.

2.) This is exactly the point that you guys are missing. What would you rather do spend 1/10th (if not less) of the time 'working' for the same result that it normally takes or farm herbs/mat till your brain dies? You are working in both situations. Its either grind for 10 minutes or work in RL for one minute. You make the choice. Both of the actions have the same result. The only difference is that one gets it done much faster. Stop with this hard-earned RL money non-sense.

Also, may I add: You are assuming that people want to spend hundreds of hours grinding/farming for a bunch of pixelated "coins" that won't last them very long.

You are using completely irrelevant responses to avoid admitting the fact that working in RL for coins is more efficient than grinding.
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    1.) not hard to get a job. I got one when I wanted to work. My friends easily got one when they wanted to work.
    Hell yeah it is hard to get a job. Yall were lucky. If it was actually that easy to get a job there would be no unemployment rate. Look at the big picture and stop using your own experience as an example.

2.) Stop with this hard-earned RL money non-sense.
    ...how is it nonsense?

Also, may I add: You are assuming that people want to spend hundreds of hours grinding/farming for a bunch of pixelated "coins" that won't last them very long.
    Actually, I'm not assuming anything. This is where we differ. And the reason why those people spend so much time in game farming/grinding is so they can have things in the game that require a lot of ingame money. So if they want those things and they can't/won't spend RL money, thats another option.

You are using completely irrelevant responses to avoid admitting the fact that working in RL for coins is more efficient than grinding.

If my responses are irrelevant, its because what you're saying to begin with is irrelevant. The thread is about how to make money, not THE BEST way to make money.
    And I never said that it's more/less efficient, I said get off your high horse cuz jobs aren't that easy to get and not everyone wants to spend their money on a game.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

• Melysa - Harshlands
    Melysa - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i dont spenad real lifemoney in the game.......and i always need coins in game to skills and al good gear
    but it still fun for me playing like this........i play for fun and go is squad doing quest ir just pvp iwht friends...i dont care too mucho abotu coins in game i just like to have fun with my firnds in game
    but is good to all that people who spend real life money....thanks to them PWI will still on...so the other can still play........so we need that people spend RL money.....otherwhise what would happen to PwIb:surrender
    be happy....life is beutifulb:victoryb:pleased
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    but is good to all that people who spend real life money....thanks to them PWI will still on...so the other can still play........so we need that people spend RL money.....otherwhise what would happen to PwIb:surrender

I agree, but those people who spend RL money on the game have no place telling others how to make money, ingame or otherwise.

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    wow...you are very thick...

He is not, but it sounds like others may be. Through refusing to understand the concept, even if it doesn't 100% apply to you because you only have a summer a job or whatever...you're actually missing out on a very good lesson. This does not apply if you enjoy farming or grinding, but why spend 5 hours in a game out of which 4 are grinding and boring and have only one hour for fun?

PS I have a sneaking suspicion PWI has a good way of accepting payments from any country, regardless of international credit cards and whatnot... Paypal and Google Checkout are two that I've used for online shopping before.
    If you don't care whether people take your advice or not, why didn't you shut up after one post >__>

Because not everyone is obtuse; some people are actually interested and responsive to ideas or concepts they haven't heard before ;).
    edited June 2010
    ^I can't believe you used wikipedia to bolster your argument.
    If you don't like Wikipedia, try these:
    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/opportunitycost.asp
    http://www.netmba.com/econ/micro/cost/opportunity/
    http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/OpportunityCost.html
    http://www.investorwords.com/3470/opportunity_cost.html
    http://www.answers.com/topic/opportunity-cost
    http://www.economist.com/research/economics/alphabetic.cfm?letter=O#opportunitycost
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-opportunity-cost.htm
    http://tutor2u.net/economics/content/topics/introduction/opportunity_cost.htm
    http://www.auburn.edu/~johnspm/gloss/cost
    http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/course/are012/readings/oporcost.html
    http://www.strom.clemson.edu/becker/prtm320/economics_primer.html#Opportunity%20Costs
    http://www.humboldt.edu/~microeco/cost.htm#opp
    http://econport.gsu.edu/content/handbook/productionpossibilities/Opportunity-Costs.html

Or if you prefer video:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=opportunity+cost&aq=f

The concept is universal in economics. You would be well advised to read up on it if you disagree with or don't understand what I'm saying. It will help you make better decisions in the future.
    Because people keep trying to come up with incorrect reasons to refute what I'm saying. I'm simply replying to them because the power adapter on my laptop died so I can't get any work done.

I have not responded to your criticism that it can be hard to get a job because that's a valid point. Jobs do not just drop into your lap, you have to go out and find them. If you don't play much, then once you factor in the time/effort it takes to find a job, you may have exceeded the time/effort to simply grind the coin you want.

But if you give up before even trying, telling yourself that it's too hard so let's just keep playing this game instead of putting some effort into finding a job... Well, that's just setting yourself up for failure in life, not just in the game. If you play >10 hours a week, surely you can devote at least 1 hour to looking for another job?
  • mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Solandri

Agree with your argument 100%, but there is one argument that hasn't been voiced. I wil charge some zhen once in a while for charms, and training scrolls, BUT I only use coin earned in game to buy gear, skills and shards, and yes even my herc (took months but I did it). I have a job, a house, a car, bills and in the end some "fun money". Why don't I spend it to get uber gear? Simple, in this game, as in life, there will ALWAYS be someone who will spend more or farm more. So my personal goal for myself is to earn my gears in game. Everytime I pull that herc out, I feel good about what I accomplished with hard work. If I had bought it with RL savings, I would probably feel guilty every time I brought it out. There is something to be said for working hard to earn something, and appreciating what you've earned that much more.

Work? in a game mooman? Your crazy. Well if every minute in game was jellybeans and cotton candy it would get old fast for me. The hours grinding make the hours using what I earned that much sweeter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    mooman321 wrote: »
    Well if every minute in game was jellybeans and cotton candy it would get old fast for me.

Well said.

As for the earlier thing with all those websites, that's just common sense. While your doing one thing, you probably could be doing something more efficient or worthy of your time. But there's something called preference. If people decided they want to farm instead of pay RL money for the same amount of coins, don't you think they know it would be easier to pay real money? But they PREFER to not spend the real money on whatever it is they're trying to get.

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well said.

As for the earlier thing with all those websites, that's just common sense. While your doing one thing, you probably could be doing something more efficient or worthy of your time. But there's something called preference. If people decided they want to farm instead of pay RL money for the same amount of coins, don't you think they know it would be easier to pay real money? But they PREFER to not spend the real money on whatever it is they're trying to get.

That is the first time you've voiced this argument; you've spent all the rest of your posts lamenting on the difficulty of finding a job.

I am a full-time student, usually carrying 18-21 credit hours (approximately 35 hours of class on average) per week. I also work 10 hours per week, and up to 20 when I am assigned a weekend. I make very little; I work the job I work because the hours I get there count for hours I need to apply to graduate school. During the summer, I work those same 10-20 hours per week, and I shadow another 10-20 hours per week, unpaid. Long story short: there are demands on my time.

Let us be realistic. There is a point in the game where it is very difficult function without a decent amount of coin. Not 500m or equally extravagant sums, but perhaps a store of 10 or so million coins at any given time, in order to cover costs that should arise. If you plan to fully purchase, with coin, say, green TT90 (again, nothing showy, perhaps 2-3 sockets, or to purchase the mats) you would need perhaps 25-35m coin.

Now, I can get that in 2 ways.

1. I can grind for the coin in-game.
    2. I can charge, over the course of 3 months, charge $30 per month, during which time I level from 80 to 90. (I level incredibly slowly--I just don't have the time to spend in-game to do some of the more time-consuming dailies, and there are quite a few days I don't log on at all.

I find it a little naive to think that because you spent hours grinding in a game, that the item you gained with coin has more value than an item you bought with coin that you made by selling gold. I work -hard- for my money, and I pay for several other recreational activities, as well as bills with it (cell phone, gas, school-related expenses). Why should you feel any less satisfaction knowing that you worked x long hours at x job to gain TT90 armor, then you would if you spent long hours grinding the coin to buy it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    That is the first time you've voiced this argument; you've spent all the rest of your posts lamenting on the difficulty of finding a job.
    ^Not true. If you were paying attention to what I was saying, I was pretty much hinting at this all the time. I was just emphasizing the job part because the initial argument was emphasizing the need to have a job in order to "efficiently" make coin.
    And I wasn't lamenting. I was pointing out the reality that jobs are not as easy to get as previous posters have assumed based on their own personal (and apparently lucky) experiences.

Why should you feel any less satisfaction knowing that you worked x long hours at x job to gain TT90 armor, then you would if you spent long hours grinding the coin to buy it?

Because there is something in the free mmorpg world called a "cash shopped noob". Now before I get flames, I'm not calling anyone who spends even a little money on the game a noob, but the epitome of the CSN is the 1-2 week level105 with TT90 gold all 4 sockets on all equipment, socketed with the highest level gems.
    People who want a real gaming experience and have a similar mentality to the previous "well said" person try to keep as far away from CSNness as possible.

• Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Because there is something in the free mmorpg world called a "cash shopped noob". Now before I get flames, I'm not calling anyone who spends even a little money on the game a noob, but the epitome of the CSN is the 1-2 week level105 with TT90 gold all 4 sockets on all equipment, socketed with the highest level gems.
    People who want a real gaming experience and have a similar mentality to the previous "well said" person try to keep as far away from CSNness as possible.

I read what you wrote, but innuendos are notoriously hard to interpret on the internet, and we all know what they say about assuming things.

Do you have any idea how much that actually costs? It's really quite an astonishing sum of money to spend at one time on a game. Either it had been spent over a long period of time and the coin saved religiously, or it was charged all at once on credit (or cash, who knows). Either way, it's a large sum of money.

Also, these people are in the minority. A very vocal, very talked-about, but a very small minority. Most people who charge zen are those who charge a small amount of money per month, the ones Solandri and I are talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    I read what you wrote, but innuendos are notoriously hard to interpret on the internet, and we all know what they say about assuming things.
    Actually, I read what I wrote over again, and that has actually been my second big main point from the start. I've been saying either people can't get a job that easily or they don't see the need to spend money on the game. But people only focused on the job part of my argument. The better to lord over those of us who go to school and don't have full or sometimes even part time jobs.

Do you have any idea how much that actually costs? It's really quite an astonishing sum of money to spend at one time on a game. Either it had been spent over a long period of time and the coin saved religiously, or it was charged all at once on credit (or cash, who knows). Either way, it's a large sum of money.
    ^I know that it takes a lot of money. That's part of the point of that example.

Also, these people are in the minority. A very vocal, very talked-about, but a very small minority. Most people who charge zen are those who charge a small amount of money per month, the ones Solandri and I are talking about.
    Did you notice that i've said the "epitome" of the CSN? I know not all CSNs go to such extremes, but all of us have experienced, at least once a week, someone with better gear than us who does not know their way around an instance. So before cash shoppers lord over us because they have more money, they need to look at their gameplay experience and see who should be giving advice to who.

• Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Did you notice that i've said the "epitome" of the CSN? I know not all CSNs go to such extremes, but all of us have experienced, at least once a week, someone with better gear than us who does not know their way around an instance. So before cash shoppers lord over us because they have more money, they need to look at their gameplay experience and see who should be giving advice to who.

You would shun CS totally because some people abuse it to get things they haven't truly earned, and have no idea how to use?

Would you similarly shun a college education because some people simply have enough money to go, party, flunk out several years, finally scrape by to get a degree, and then don't know how, nor do they care, to use the skills they "gained"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    You would shun CS totally because some people abuse it to get things they haven't truly earned, and have no idea how to use?

Would you similarly shun a college education because some people simply have enough money to go, party, flunk out several years, finally scrape by to get a degree, and then don't know how, nor do they care, to use the skills they "gained"?

*shakes head* Why must people take everything others say to unrealistic extremes?

I'm not shunning anyone. The cash shop itself is fun stuff. But using it does not give you the right to give advice to others on getting money without using cash.
    To use your analogy, those fails with degrees are going to be found out as soon as they get a job with their flashy degree. Their coworkers will realize that they have someone on their team who is not at the same level as the rest of them who did the actual learning that college is intended for. Just as when people realized they have a CSN in their squad, they leave or kick them, because those people tend to cause squad wipes.

• Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    *shakes head* Why must people take everything others say to unrealistic extremes?

I'm not shunning anyone. The cash shop itself is fun stuff. But using it does not give you the right to give advice to others on getting money without using cash.
    To use your analogy, those fails with degrees are going to be found out as soon as they get a job with their flashy degree. Their coworkers will realize that they have someone on their team who is not at the same level as the rest of them who did the actual learning that college is intended for. Just as when people realized they have a CSN in their squad, they leave or kick them, because those people tend to cause squad wipes.

I'm not giving anyone advice on how to get money without using cash. I'm simply agreeing with Solandri, that it is more time (=money) effective to use cash to purchase coin.
    You're missing my point. You say you avoid the cash shop because you:
    1) want to "earn" what you get
    2) want to say as far away from "CSNs" as possible
    3) jobs are difficult to find (very true) and there is not enough time to work said job

I am simply replying that:
    1) I feel I earn what I get just as much as you do, by working for it in my job.
    2) 99.9% of people who utilize the cash shop are just like you and me, and it is unfair to make generalizations.
    3) I did not reply because I cannot pass judgment on a situation I know nothing about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    I'm not giving anyone advice on how to get money without using cash. I'm simply agreeing with Solandri, that it is more time (=money) effective to use cash to purchase coin.
    You're missing my point. You say you avoid the cash shop because you:
    1) want to "earn" what you get
    2) want to say as far away from "CSNs" as possible
    3) jobs are difficult to find (very true) and there is not enough time to work said job

I am simply replying that:
    1) I feel I earn what I get just as much as you do, by working for it in my job.
    2) 99.9% of people who utilize the cash shop are just like you and me, and it is unfair to make generalizations.
    3) I did not reply because I cannot pass judgment on a situation I know nothing about.

I didn't say that YOU were the one giving advice. Solandri was. And you're missing my point. I do not avoid cash shop. Depending on who you are, you feel you "earned" something in different ways, and one is not better than the other. You were right on 2 and 3 though.
    As for your reply:
    1) good for you
    2)definitely not. the number is closer to 95% and that's a lot of cash shoppers for an mmorpg. Aw man, now I gotta do math. Most CSNs are around lvl70+ and there's not that many of people that level around.
    The breakdown: Let's say 100,000 people play. Let's say 30,000 of these people are lvl70+
    That means 5,000 (5%) out of 100,000 players are CSNs.
    That means about 17% of lvl70+ are CSNs.
    I think that's a lot, cuz they are gonna be doing BHs and event type things in game, not questing, because they took the easy way to level. And 5,000 CSNs (and that may be a small number; i dont think just 100k people play PWI) running around ruining people's BHs is a bit too much CSNs for me >__>

• Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    I didn't say that YOU were the one giving advice. Solandri was. And you're missing my point. I do not avoid cash shop. Depending on who you are, you feel you "earned" something in different ways, and one is not better than the other. You were right on 2 and 3 though.
    As for your reply:
    1) good for you
    2)definitely not. the number is closer to 95% and that's a lot of cash shoppers for an mmorpg. Aw man, now I gotta do math. Most CSNs are around lvl70+ and there's not that many of people that level around.
    The breakdown: Let's say 100,000 people play. Let's say 30,000 of these people are lvl70+
    That means 5,000 (5%) out of 100,000 players are CSNs.
    That means about 17% of lvl70+ are CSNs.
    I think that's a lot, cuz they are gonna be doing BHs and event type things in game, not questing, because they took the easy way to level. And 5,000 CSNs (and that may be a small number; i dont think just 100k people play PWI) running around ruining people's BHs is a bit too much CSNs for me >__>

I find more people are just noobs, rather than CSNs. Far more prevalent. I think you're heaping the two together (thought both are to be avoided <_<). Gear sharded with immaculates does not a CSN make. You're looking for people in +10 to +12 gold TT99 sets with orange cube and warsong ornaments, lunar rings and wep (or sage wep). That is (still) fairly rare. There are people who legitimately earned the coin for those things in-game, but I can guarantee they didn't grind it--they merchanted it, buying and trading to profit from sales and low priced items.

In my experience, for every vocal CSN crowing about the power of the almighty dollar, on these forums you can find 10-20 people up on an equally obnoxious soapbox, ranting about how they work hard for what they get and that it's the only way they can gain satisfaction from the game and that's why they don't spend a single nickel. There's got to be some sort of happy medium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    I find more people are just noobs, rather than CSNs. Far more prevalent. I think you're heaping the two together (thought both are to be avoided <_<). Gear sharded with immaculates does not a CSN make. You're looking for people in +10 to +12 gold TT99 sets with orange cube and warsong ornaments, lunar rings and wep (or sage wep). That is (still) fairly rare. There are people who legitimately earned the coin for those things in-game, but I can guarantee they didn't grind it--they merchanted it, buying and trading to profit from sales and low priced items.

In my experience, for every vocal CSN crowing about the power of the almighty dollar, on these forums you can find 10-20 people up on an equally obnoxious soapbox, ranting about how they work hard for what they get and that it's the only way they can gain satisfaction from the game and that's why they don't spend a single nickel. There's got to be some sort of happy medium.

Being a noob is excusable and goes away with gameplay experience. CSNness is/does not. There is not just one type of CSN, though I forgot about the refines. I'm talking about people who skipped a huge part of the gameplay experience. The people who went from 1-100 in 2 weeks, or even the people who went from 20-80 in two weeks. Sure, around lvl70+, you're on the short end of the stick if you dont shard your armor, but that is one small aspect of CSNness.
    I agree with your last point though. The happy medium is playing the game. Quest, BH, do events and dungeouns, and use the money you come across wisely, whether its ingame or RL.

• Neddih - Harshlands
    Neddih - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    are you trying to say that farming for hours to gain a few hundred k coin is experience playing this game? because thats what the original posts were about and what the argument about getting a job was against.

im sorry but farming for any period of time wont teach you anything but to avoid mobs, while getting a job on the other hand might acutally teach you something you could use in the real world.

cash shop or not. the argument to spend less time earning cash rather than to spend more time farming makes sense. either way its earned. one is just more efficient.

yes some people will feel more accomplished to say "ive never spent a dollar," and if that is your goal then congrats. Dont bash others who dont have time to farm for hours and would rather spend a couple bucks that they earned in less than an hour and get the same amount of coin.

this thread was not about cash shopping to lvl to 100+ and get good gears. it was about earning money, and its more efficient to get a job to earn money.

if you cash shop to get to 100+ in a matter of weeks you probably dont know as much about your class, but not necessarily.

cash shopping for items or coin that would take a long time to farm is not the same as cash shopping to level a character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    people should realize that they had to agree from the beginning of playing this game with CS-ing in general

if all players would feel like not spending any money on free games this type of games would never exist... ever. if you dont agree with whats happening then guess what, move on to another game or one with monthly fee
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    mooman321 wrote: »
    Solandri

Well if every minute in game was jellybeans and cotton candy it would get old fast for me. The hours grinding make the hours using what I earned that much sweeter.

+1

Second line
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin