Summer Event Party Contribution issues.

Options

Comments

• oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well, the nien beast/captain should be able to do something else other than aoe 2 or 3 times in it's whole life span.

like wat?

move? maybe at 50% hp? This will effectively counter all the 5 aps talk

cast buffs/debuffs/purge etc randomly?

At the moment, it is just another sitting duck waiting to be slaughtered. The devs/GMs should know better, nuff said. b:bye

edit: make the nien beasts spawn randomly too.. that way, you need more than just 5 aps to score :p

So that range classes have more advantages? How ridiculous is that. QQ more because you hit like a girl. b:bye
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    oyamajio wrote: »
    So that range classes have more advantages? How ridiculous is that. QQ more because you hit like a girl. b:bye

well, you missed the whole picture.

point is to add more random variables on the captain/beast, such as aoe mana drain, phy/mag def buffs etc..

isnt that hard to understand i supposeb:bye
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm going to make a petition to create an "Imbalanced" forum. It would become the new General Discussion and the sheer volume of threads created in it might stir some GM response.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    the beast is stunnable and freezable, so no, it moving randomly wouldn't affect melee chars cuz sometime during the fight someone is always stunning that thing. I had a friend that considered resetting it by flying cuz she was one of the top DPS on the server, and i was like naw look when isn't it stunned or frozen?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think it happened on sanc earlier... some veno I've never heard of got nearly 11k cont points out of the blue.

Well, not like its unexpected that people would start abusing the system sooner or later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You can also use knockback on it.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    oyamajio wrote: »
    Really dude get off the forums and stop posting ****. You don't even have the balls to post on your char.
    I'm going to make a petition to create an "Imbalanced" forum. It would become the new General Discussion and the sheer volume of threads created in it might stir some GM response.
    That would certainly get my vote.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    You can also use knockback on it.

Sure, but knockback doesn't work on frozen targets. I think I'll have to start trying it anyway though, for the lulz.

Also, here's a thought: Make its attacks drain large amounts of chi, purge, or both. Basically, prevent whoever is currently doing the most damage from perma-sparking.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Believe it or not, knockback actually works on stun but not freeze.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hmm, really? *makes a ninja edit*

Even more reason to toss off a few knockback arrows now and then. Maybe if I get a few friends we can move it far enough away that the 5aps BMs can't find it b:chuckle
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My point in my post earlier is that since PWI allow those people to deal that kind of damage and the contribution system works on splitting the damage dealt by the group to its member, also pwi allow multi boxing(running multiple pwi clients on different machines), it is not against the rules and what they do is absolutely right.

What you are complaining about is about low levels not getting their chances at making it to the better prizes rank. Be aware that they *are* sacrificing their points from main to their alts/friends so they might get worse prize with their main.

It is their built, weapon, armor, gears, time invested, money invested and to deny them of this event is just simply unfair. No matter how unfair the ability to generate enough points to win in few classes it seems to the casual gamers, it is actually fair because they are not getting as much with their mains but at the same time, their friends/alts benefit from this. This is what you call a tradeoff and it seems like a fair one to me.

So stop the QQ-ing, it is not like they(the major cashshoppers/merchanters) are even reading this, they are enjoying the game with what they have gotten with their cash,effort and time. And its not like you are keeping the game afloat, they are making it free for you to play. And the longer pwi/pw cn/pwe allows this to go on, they might lose more players like you(if you cannot stand this anymore and decided to switch game) (another tradeoff that they might be willing to make).
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The thing is, the tradeoff isn't even remotely a fair trade. It's not sacrificing all, or even most, of their prizes on their main to win prizes on their alts.

Just as an example, the usual first place finisher on Harshlands consistently gets over 30k contribution. The top finishers among Clerics, Wizards, and Venomancers rarely get over 6k or so. If the BM in question were to multibox, he could split his contribution no less than five ways and still finish in top 5 for four of those characters.

Luckily for the rest of us though, he seems more concerned with setting new contribution records than prizes.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My point in my post earlier is that since PWI allow those people to deal that kind of damage and the contribution system works on splitting the damage dealt by the group to its member, also pwi allow multi boxing(running multiple pwi clients on different machines), it is not against the rules and what they do is absolutely right.

What you are complaining about is about low levels not getting their chances at making it to the better prizes rank. Be aware that they *are* sacrificing their points from main to their alts/friends so they might get worse prize with their main.

It is their built, weapon, armor, gears, time invested, money invested and to deny them of this event is just simply unfair. No matter how unfair the ability to generate enough points to win in few classes it seems to the casual gamers, it is actually fair because they are not getting as much with their mains but at the same time, their friends/alts benefit from this. This is what you call a tradeoff and it seems like a fair one to me.

So stop the QQ-ing, it is not like they(the major cashshoppers/merchanters) are even reading this, they are enjoying the game with what they have gotten with their cash,effort and time. And its not like you are keeping the game afloat, they are making it free for you to play. And the longer pwi/pw cn/pwe allows this to go on, they might lose more players like you(if you cannot stand this anymore and decided to switch game) (another tradeoff that they might be willing to make).
    No it's not "fair" because it's based on rankings per class. If your "alt" was the same class I would agree. But this is systematically abusing the per-class ranking reward system.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

So you're saying I should be thankful to the Cash shoppers who basically break and cheat every competition of the game for allowing me play the game?

That's like saying I should thank a friend who drives too fast in his car for allowing me to get car sick.

And if you had read my point at all (which it doesn't seem like you did, because my point directly counters yours), you'd see that I'm saying the fact that they have the possibility of doing this COMPLETELY CONTRADICTS the fact that they separated the rankings based on class. There is good reason to believe that the devs are unaware of this loop hole, because it they WERE aware of it, why the hell would they ever bother making a 8 separate class lists?

The people abusing this exploit are sneaking high DPS classes into the low DPS classes' competition list.

The purpose of the separate class lists is to let low DPS classes have a chance at prizes too.

They completely contradict each other, so it's quite clear that this was not intended. I would be INCREDIBLY surprised if the devs said they intended for Fist BMs and Sins to be able to do this.

Furthermore, lemme put it in perspective based on your standards:

Two players, a CS user Fist BM and a CS user Cleric, both compete in the event. By your logic, both deserve to rank first because they put down the money to pay for this game.
    However, the Fist BM, frustrated with his occasional 2nd place rank, decides it's much more profitable to party his cleric alt and constantly get 1st place cleric and 5th place BM (ranks 2-5 get the exact same rewards).

The CS user cleric stands absolutely no chance, because his class simply isn't built for the same damage output as a Fist BM.

Please explain to me how this is fair.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Basically, I am jsut saying its fair from the way the system works. It is fair in the system to squad your alts and split your contribution points. If you don't like the system, don't play the game.

I am against it too but of course, I don't feel like my voice is being heard by pwi management at all. And I am telling you to not waste your time trying to tell them what you feel is unfair.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options

And if you had read my point at all (which it doesn't seem like you did, because my point directly counters yours), you'd see that I'm saying the fact that they have the possibility of doing this COMPLETELY CONTRADICTS the fact that they separated the rankings based on class. There is good reason to believe that the devs are unaware of this loop hole, because it they WERE aware of it, why the hell would they ever bother making a 8 separate class lists?

The people abusing this exploit are sneaking high DPS classes into the low DPS classes' competition list.

I am sure that if you build your psychic to be a fist-based psychic, you can be a high-DPS class too.

The purpose of the separate class lists is to let low DPS classes have a chance at prizes too.
    How do you know? Maybe its not so. You cannot prove it.

Furthermore, lemme put it in perspective based on your standards:

Two players, a CS user Fist BM and a CS user Cleric, both compete in the event. By your logic, both deserve to rank first because they put down the money to pay for this game.
    However, the Fist BM, frustrated with his occasional 2nd place rank, decides it's much more profitable to party his cleric alt and constantly get 1st place cleric and 5th place BM (ranks 2-5 get the exact same rewards).

The CS user cleric stands absolutely no chance, because his class simply isn't built for the same damage output as a Fist BM.

Please explain to me how this is fair.
    It is fair because the CS cleric can simply make a CS BM user and beat him at his own game. b:bye
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    All because you want me to read it

So this brings up a real issue, because honestly, a Fist BM or a sin will ALWAYS have higher DPS than a Barbarian or a cleric.
    PLease fix it by using a fist bm and sin *with some interval gears*. A regular fist BM and sin won't have enough points to split to other classes.
    People may argue "well not many people would do this, because that would cut into the person's score." Well, what about if your class has a heated competition for first, but half your score is outrageously high by another class' standards? Of course you'd party a mule and want that guarantee other-class win instead of a risky competition among your own class.
    That is his choice to make and not yours. And btw, this is an MMO where squad based playing is encouraged, if he choose to squad with his alts, that is still his choice to make and not yours.

Now look, I'm sure everyone went into this event knowing that it'd be the high levels and CS whoars who would get all the nice prizes. That's fine. Let the highest level and highest paying BM's and Archers and Clerics and Sins win their respective competitions. However, when these guys start deciding that winning ONE class competition just simply isn't enough for them, and start cutting into the winnings of the other, lower DPS classes, then that's f**king ridiculous. That's basically them saying "**** an honest competition, I want ten more prize packs" and breaking an entire class' competition just for the sake of getting a few extra prizes. How selfish can you get?

So while I love the idea of event, this serious flaw in it is gonna destroy the fun of it for everyone BUT the highest DPS classes, unless something is done about it.

What makes you think that others are not having fun by just taking part in the event? They are getting some prizes too, its not like the guy is hogging all of the prizes.
    Btw it is an honest competition, of who can squad the best DD. Who said that this is an honest competition of who deals the most damage? People even thought healing brings in the points at some point.

Edit : triple post ftw
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    First people cry that this is an event for the best cash shoppers to get richer once again and the poorer or lower level people simply get shafted.

Now people cry that the people who can't deal as much DPS don't deserve a top place...what is your conception of who deserves top place? There is random contribution bonus afterward FFS, and bad draws on that have kicked me from top 20, have kicked a friend from 1st to 3rd, what is your conception of who deserve top place now? You can't satisfy everyone, someone will always QQ about it either way it's done.

Maybe separate competition by level group as well as class would be nice.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options

That is his choice to make and not yours. And btw, this is an MMO where squad based playing is encouraged, if he choose to squad with his alts, that is still his choice to make and not yours.

Well based on your logic, the only squad-based play will be a swarm of Fist BMs. Somehow I doubt that's what the devs intended, either.

Other than that, all I can say is, with all due respect, your arguments seem incredibly defeatist and somewhat ridiculous to me.
    First people cry that this is an event for the best cash shoppers to get richer once again and the poorer or lower level people simply get shafted.

Now people cry that the people who can't deal as much DPS don't deserve a top place...what is your conception of who deserves top place? There is random contribution bonus afterward FFS, and bad draws on that have kicked me from top 20, have kicked a friend from 1st to 3rd, what is your conception of who deserve top place now? You can't satisfy everyone, someone will always QQ about it either way it's done.

Maybe separate competition by level group as well as class would be nice.

If you're asking my opinion, just let the high levels and CS users get first place. I mean, they worked hard and got that high and they did slap down money, so of course they need something to show for it. Besides, the first place prize is near impossible for a level 60, and awards 250k EXP. Ranks 10 through 20 however are NOT impossible for a level 60 (seen several get it), and award 100k EXP. One could argue that everyone has the possibility to rank somewhere where the prizes will still be good by their level standard.

The issue is when the classes start interfering with one another. All it takes is ONE Fist BM who isn't happy with just one reward, and the entire Barb list is doomed to never receive the first place prizes. Every single dedicated Barb player is doomed to never win, all because of ONE dedicated Fist BM. Just seems ridiculous and incredibly selfish of the Fist BM.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I am sure that if you build your psychic to be a fist-based psychic, you can be a high-DPS class too
    Fail, they'll never have high dps because their demon/sage spark boosts matk and not patk. Believe me, I tried this with cleric once...
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bull.jpg

And this is exactly the type of bull**** I'm talking about.

Fought hard, ran like hell, beat out the competition....
    And some prick says "hay I'm just gonna sit rite here kthxbai."
    I <3 AGOREY
  • axt57
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Me and a veno attack a nien beast. Both are same level, both LA venos with nixes. The other veno has nearly identical equips with me - maybe slightly worse (no scoll of tome). Both start at about 3.5k points (other veno was slightly late by about 10 seconds).

After nein dies - I get 2.2k points.... the other veno? 6k+ points. 6000+ from nein for a veno.

She is in a well known faction, and I saw their faction leader attacking who is a BM with -int.

At the end, the veno finishes with over 11k points, I just scrape 7k with my own effort.

**** -int; is there any aspect of the game it can't break?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    axt57 wrote: »

**** -int; is there any aspect of the game it can't break?

Nope, my wife is currently tinkering with lunar fists, TT99 LA, and TT99HA ornaments. She is a veno. We'll see how it turns out tomorrow :D
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why do you guys care anyways? 1st place prizes suck. It's identical to laced except it has no exp orbs.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why do you guys care anyways? 1st place prizes suck. It's identical to laced except it has no exp orbs.
    apparently, it enlarge epeen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Its not quite identical; you have more chance to get the cards, and of course you get a chance at perm fashion (timed in the other packs) and immac shards.

I have got it a few times before, its a step up but not a huge leap from the 2nd prize packs.

TBH I don't mind getting 2nd prize; what I am worried about is that the first 6 spots becoming deadlocked by the -int leechers every single event.

Might aswell not bother doing it then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol I got no chance of getting into top 5 on archer. b:chuckle Doesn't mean I won't participate just for fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Immaculates instead of flawless, better chances of ecstasy cards, and mysterious chip packs that are tradeable. If this isn't a big step up, I don't know what is.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    apparently, it enlarge epeen

Yes of course...the epeen.

Nah, the thing I want you guys to realize is there's normally two of those score boosters, and there's a legitimate high level Psy with a +11 weapon. I've only beaten that +11 weapon Psy once, so I'm used to getting and very happy with top 5. One should also note that the +11 weapon Psy sometimes has issues beating the person that beat me here, so I can't imagine she's too happy about this ****, either...
    What's annoying as **** though is that I absolutely CANNOT get 1st. It's like 1st is shut down for Psys. Perhaps more annoying is that the top 5 basically only has two spots left for average players to achieve, since we have one high level and two boosters hogging the top three. This makes it VERY annoying when you end up getting 6th one day, since you know you would've been 4th if two of these idiots would just get the hell out.

And yeah, it was pretty annoying to get second here. I knew all the top guilds would be busy that day, so I really gave it my all. Apparently I wasn't the only one who noticed, cause that was some good competition that day.

And just when I feel good about beating out that good competition, some dillhole steals first. Pretty damn annoying.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Options
    When you are 1st are the tiger shops permanent also or still temporary? I never got them so I don't know (**** luck :/)