Summer Event Party Contribution issues.

Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
So I've been enjoying the summer event and ranking pretty high, but suddenly not so much anymore.

Why? Cause some dillhole decided it wasn't enough to win the competition for his class and his class alone. Some **** has been partying a 6x guy and getting him an insane amount of contri at the last minute. Of course others quickly caught on (The first time the 6x won the competition, he literally went from 0 to 10.6k when the Plume Nien Beast died), and now the consistency of the top 20 list is falling apart a bit; people who've never ranked before are suddenly getting first and third and others who generally ranked 18th are sometimes popping up at 2nd.

So this brings up a real issue, because honestly, a Fist BM or a sin will ALWAYS have higher DPS than a Barbarian or a cleric. There's absolutely nothing keeping them from partying any random homie and tanking over the entire competition, ruining it for everybody.
People may argue "well not many people would do this, because that would cut into the person's score." Well, what about if your class has a heated competition for first, but half your score is outrageously high by another class' standards? Of course you'd party a mule and want that guarantee other-class win instead of a risky competition among your own class.

Now look, I'm sure everyone went into this event knowing that it'd be the high levels and CS whoars who would get all the nice prizes. That's fine. Let the highest level and highest paying BM's and Archers and Clerics and Sins win their respective competitions. However, when these guys start deciding that winning ONE class competition just simply isn't enough for them, and start cutting into the winnings of the other, lower DPS classes, then that's f**king ridiculous. That's basically them saying "**** an honest competition, I want ten more prize packs" and breaking an entire class' competition just for the sake of getting a few extra prizes. How selfish can you get?

So while I love the idea of event, this serious flaw in it is gonna destroy the fun of it for everyone BUT the highest DPS classes, unless something is done about it.
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure the high level wouldn't get the quest, so the low level gets all the contribution
    ijs...

EDIT: Don't quote me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yeah this PQ system is kinda **** imo.

It's not just because of squadding sorry for going off-topic but also sucks it's only based on DD and DD alone. I mean if it took other things into consideration not only demon sparked interval people would shine but others as well.

The last bosses are the most **** the others with so much HP and so low hits. Heals are practically useless the only thing that matters is to DD, and DD again, until boss dies. And the 5.0 APS people will get massive amounts of points in the end when boss dies.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure the high level wouldn't get the quest, so the low level gets all the contribution
    ijs...

EDIT: Don't quote me

OH I'MMA QUOTE YOU AND YOU GONNA LIKE IT!!!

No but seriously, think about it.

You're a level 100 Sin. There's about 3 other 95+ sins, all give you a good run for your money for the first place rank. All 3 of you generally get 25k contribution, and you only win every fourth competition.

The barb competition, the winner averages 8000 points.

Why wouldn't you? You'll rank 1st as "barb" and you'll still get 4th as sin. You'll also win barb EVERY round.

So yeah, this is freaking ridiculous. If it's not fixed then every public event is basically a Fist BM/Sin competition only.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That's basically them saying "**** an honest competition, I want ten more prize packs" and breaking an entire class' competition just for the sake of getting a few extra prizes. How selfish can you get?

It's a game, it's competitive. Don't hate the players: hate the game. We're limited by what the game allows us to do. Being charitable here (this is not real life) mostly benefits con-artists.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Nemfaros - Heavens Tear
    Nemfaros - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I loled so hard at the names you gave people, I forgot to take you seriouslyb:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    It's a game, it's competitive. Don't hate the players: hate the game.

Trust me, I do. I'm sure they only implemented the party contri feature so that clerics could heal and support and still get EXP from the Public Quest. Really backfired for the event though...
    I loled so hard at the names you gave people, I forgot to take you seriouslyb:cute

Hey, you just gotta be creative when the game censors everything even remotely offensive, jerkbutt.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So last time I did an event was about a week ago, right? We finally get to the final bosses, and I decide to go to Raging Tides.
    Who else should be there, but Zulu?

(Don't know who Zulu is? Try a 95+ RPK faction that owns almost the entire bottom half of the map. We're lucky Kylin is around.)

At first, I ignored them, and I started using my DoT's and such on the Nein. About three minute into this, my HP gets r@ped by a Wizard's AoE. I'm on the verge of death, when I noticed their guys had stopped attacking...too late.
    I accidentally hit the Nein just as I realized what they were doing, and aggro'd him, ultimately **** myself over.

Try two.

I come back, seriously pissed, and once again try to assist with damage, DoT's, etc. Again, the Wizard takes a chunk of my health with her AoE. I ask her to watch her aim. They try the aggro tactic again, which I was wary for this time. (I was pissed, they'd done some damage to my weapon's dura.)

So now their Assassin pops out of literally nowhere and kills me in about two hits.

Try Three.

By this time, the other Neins were all dead, and ours is at about 50% HP. My faction member (also doing the quest, also at my level, went to Etherblade,) pops up and asks me why ours isn't dead yet. At this point, now there are so many guys flowing into RT that Zulu can't PK them all. I FINALLY am able to deal some damage without getting my behind beaten senseless.

-_- I get only 93 contribution, because according to the stats, I'd been killed more times than I'd killed other things. You've got to love RPKers. b:surrender
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I barb on my server pays people to squad with him so he can win =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, the point split when in squad are kinda stupid when rewards are divided into classes anyway...

All top clerics on my server are in squad with high level fists BMs or Archers, including my wife b:chuckle
    She went from 35th place to 2nd place just squadding with me, and I don't think that is fair for other clerics.

BUT as long as PWI work that way, people will continue to do it, including me and my wife :p

It would be more fair for all classes if points are not splitted between squad members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010

No-one takes Longie seriously. We just watch him run his mouth and chuckle. Happens all over the place.

And on topic - this whole "event" is so poorly designed it isn't even funny.

I give the credit for thinking about us, but I take credit back for not putting 10 seconds of thought into the 'event.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yeah.. I've seen some people that can barely get into top ranks score 1st/2nd all of a sudden... & I know for fact there is no way in hell they'd win just with their own effort.

Meh, can't do nothing.

It's funny where did all the QQers go that claimed "Oh this is only for high lvls, lower have no chance!!!!" Well they do if they squad a higher DD... but now others QQing how unfair that is.

Doesn't matter what is done, smb ain't happy.

PS: b:sin I think it's time I get myself the expel skill & have some fun in the event
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    QQ moar
    this is the way pwi works now
    either join the crowd or play another game(go make a 5 aps bm/archer/barb/sin, get another computer and boost your own psychic's score)

happened in DW for clerics like what superhebbe said

People wonder why others use expel on them...they don't really care about other people but it is their right to do so since they merchanted/pumped money/time into the game, I mean, with their 5 aps why should they care about other people( or why other people matter?)?
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yeah.. I've seen some people that can barely get into top ranks score 1st/2nd all of a sudden... & I know for fact there is no way in hell they'd win just with their own effort.

Meh, can't do nothing.

It's funny where did all the QQers go that claimed "Oh this is only for high lvls, lower have no chance!!!!" Well they do if they squad a higher DD... but now others QQing how unfair that is.

Doesn't matter what is done, smb ain't happy.

PS: b:sin I think it's time I get myself the expel skill & have some fun in the event
    oh snap....i'm going to try that b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    QQ moar

Honestly, was that called for? Makes you sound like a child. I make a point and state why I feel the current system is imperfect, and all you can do is mock me and give a defeatist argument.

Listen, here's why I say there's obviously something wrong:

Assassins on this forum have used the argument "the devs gave us all these great skills, so that makes them ok." They're basically saying that the devs get to decide what goes and what does not, and it's their game so I have to play by their rules. Good argument imo. Of course people are free to argue WHY they feel sins are imbalanced, should they feel like the devs never intended for sins to be however powerful.

Similar to that, I'm arguing that it's incredibly unlikely that the devs intended the competition to work like this. Why? Because if it was supposed to work like this, why bother filtering the classes at all? Why not just award the top 20, no matter their class? Well, because the devs obviously didn't want it that way. They probably felt that if they did this, low damage dealing classes like barbs would never stand a chance. And so, they split the rankings based on class.
    However, due to contri being split evenly just like everything else when in a party, this completely defeats the purpose of filtering the classes. To me, it seems obvious that the event is not working as intended in this regard.

So? Am I allowed to point that out without you coming in here and making a "QQ more" comment, simply saying that people have every right to do what they want, just because they're rich? Well holy ****, I would hope so...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Something that is balanced in this game? Yeah right, don't even dream about it.

If you can't win, then you can't. It's kinda obvious that cashshoppers must have the upper hand. Otherwise there wouldn't be any need to cash shop ie. less money for the company.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Honestly, was that called for? Makes you sound like a child. I make a point and state why I feel the current system is imperfect, and all you can do is mock me and give a defeatist argument.
    I think she's one of the spoiled clerics who leeches off from 5 APS/sec contribution points
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think she's one of the spoiled clerics who leeches off from 5 APS/sec contribution points

no he aint. he dont have any 5 aps friends there squad with him. have never sen him in top 5. i dont even think he do the event lol. ( yes lylfo is a guy)
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Squadding for this event should have no effect on the participants. One should get the same amount of points whether they're squadded or going solo. Until then, this is just another fail event.
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    get the nien beast to move at 50% hp..
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Trust me, I do. I'm sure they only implemented the party contri feature so that clerics could heal and support and still get EXP from the Public Quest. Really backfired for the event though...

Hey, you just gotta be creative when the game censors everything even remotely offensive, jerkbutt.

Clerics don't get contributions from healing in the event.

I ranked 15 today by going solo, when I squad my husband DrAgOOnZ, I rank first place nearly every time. Is it for healing? No, I don't heal.. I DD and absorb his contribution. BTW he never ranks first because of me, top 5 is where I think he is tho.

True enough, I think some players squad low lvl alts for the prizes.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    simply make is so Squading for event doesnt share points. or make the quest fail if trying to squad. example pretty easy. my friend Vahala ( cleric) usually rank 1 cos she either squad Auka or Kasumi.( ~9-10k score) while clerics alone with tons beter gear get below half that. i mean if Vah goes alone its like 4k score to her.

my friend, but still getting pretty annoyed when my other cleric friends with +10's vs her average **** get half her score. not deserved.. at all.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Auka usually squad his alt AukaJr but w.e b:shutup
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Clerics don't get contributions from healing in the event.

I ranked 15 today by going solo, when I squad my husband DrAgOOnZ, I rank first place nearly every time. Is it for healing? No, I don't heal.. I DD and absorb his contribution. BTW he never ranks first because of me, top 5 is where I think he is tho.

True enough, I think some players squad low lvl alts for the prizes.

I meant that the intended purpose of squaded contri is so that clerics are able to do nothing but heal and still get contri, not that the healing itself gives contri.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited June 2010

b:angry you bish... seriously whoever does that to people is just lame... couple events ago someone was spamming expel on me non stop... if i see you doing that to me VlLKASS i swear... no more humps for you b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This definately needs to be changed, people just squad with high DD players and end up getting top 5 everytime over players that should hvae won.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    A lot of ppl party their alts for extra reward lol

Its kinda hilarious seeing some lowbie alt char getting spot 1-5 because the guys main is a 4/5 aps assassin/BM/archer. Than he gets triple top 5 rewards since he partied all of his alts Its obviously unfair but doubt they care enough to change anything.

Its unfair as well that you can leech you're way into top 5, bypassing players that have far better gear and worked their **** of. But i guess its like in real life, its a popularity contests. If you kiss enough **** you get to party the expected winners and you also get top 5 from their efforts.

I do understand why this event makes people spam expel on each other b:chuckle
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    let me ask u all do u think that thats the ONLY prob with this event?? how about stacking quests??
    i see pl start off with 1.2k contribution in 1st 2mins of its start also it is unfair to lower lv ppl as they have to contend against higher lv ppl, liek a 63 bm vs a 100bm with Decals...thats fair..
    the devision of ppl should hav more sauch **** lv devision
    like 50-60, 60-70, 70-80, 80+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well, the nien beast/captain should be able to do something else other than aoe 2 or 3 times in it's whole life span.

like wat?

move? maybe at 50% hp? This will effectively counter all the 5 aps talk

cast buffs/debuffs/purge etc randomly?

At the moment, it is just another sitting duck waiting to be slaughtered. The devs/GMs should know better, nuff said. b:bye

edit: make the nien beasts spawn randomly too.. that way, you need more than just 5 aps to score :p
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    let me ask u all do u think that thats the ONLY prob with this event?? how about stacking quests??
    i see pl start off with 1.2k contribution in 1st 2mins of its start also it is unfair to lower lv ppl as they have to contend against higher lv ppl, liek a 63 bm vs a 100bm with Decals...thats fair..
    the devision of ppl should hav more sauch **** lv devision
    like 50-60, 60-70, 70-80, 80+

Um.. how is unfair to lower lvls? If those players can do the other quests besides killing as well as stacking them. I say it puts an equal sort of ... footing... Since most higher lvls I ask only take waiting quest sometimes, they don't do runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    most high lvs i know stack the quest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye