Options
    b:bye do u know wat is "necro" ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This topic is totally necro'd

Egaenil has a point -- this topic has not been necro'd.

This topic is ancient, and usually gets discussed with people harping on hobby horses, but necro has to do with the thread itself -- you are supposed to post in a new thread, rather than an old thread, if the thread has not seen any activity for a month or two (and that would be one month for trivial posts but two months for posts with good and worthwhile content).

Edit: Oh, nvm, you were talking greek.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It is kinda funny to see Mosz the demon archer argue "OMG SAGE SO MUCH BETTER"
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    necro-, the Greek prefix meaning death

that's the real definition

this thread and its original purpose is deadb:bye
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It is kinda funny to see Mosz the demon archer argue "OMG SAGE SO MUCH BETTER"

well i was argueing for pve, where it is much more difficult for a demon to overcome the survivability from sage spark once youre farming your **** off, i spend most my time doing bh/nien/3-2/3-2/nirvana, which is pve, ive had to refine my ornaments higher, and use jade of steady defenses and still dont come close to the ease of tanking that comes from sage spark especially on bosses such as emp lord armma and belial, although i can and do tank them
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    fulgida wrote: »
    Egaenil has a point -- this topic has not been necro'd.

This topic is ancient, and usually gets discussed with people harping on hobby horses, but necro has to do with the thread itself -- you are supposed to post in a new thread, rather than an old thread, if the thread has not seen any activity for a month or two (and that would be one month for trivial posts but two months for posts with good and worthwhile content).

Edit: Oh, nvm, you were talking greek.

just because i use the actual definition of "necro" doesn't mean i was speaking greek

it's not a word, it's a prefix which we find in plenty of english words (:

i'm sorry i don't speak pwi'ish 24/7 and don't refer to every word as you do in pwi lingo.
  • fulgida
    edited June 2010
    Options
    just because i use the actual definition of "necro" doesn't mean i was speaking greek

it's not a word, it's a prefix which we find in plenty of english words (:

i'm sorry i don't speak pwi'ish 24/7 and don't refer to every word as you do in pwi lingo.

tl;dr version: bs

Assuming you care enough about any of us to actually read my response, though:

In english most of our words have multiple definitions, and to speak english you need to have a good enough understanding of the context to recognize the right definition. Thus, for example, we are not discussing the rapper, here.

But also, these forums have a "Rules of Conduct" forum which is listed first in the list of forums and which has exactly one thread in it, and that thread currently has three posts in it. You really should read it. And, by the way, the third post you will see there is titled "definitions" and is short.

But also, you do not use prefixes following the word "is", as a direct object and the end of a sentence. Also, if you know you are using a prefix as a prefix you typically follow it with a hyphen.

So I think if you really had meant to be using the word the way you say you were using it, that your grammar would have been different. My guess would be that you have been reading the forums enough to see other people declare threads to be necro, that you did not understand them, so you came up with a meaning for yourself, and then decided that your meaning was so good that it was worth posting about, over and over again, in this thread.

Meanwhile, this topic attracts a fair bit of interest, which kind conflicts with your "its dead" concept.

I think we have our problems talking about sage and demon because people start off with assumptions and never examine them.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    necro is short for necromancy a.k.a. raising the dead. you meant the topic got derailed by nein talk, and then re-derailed by you calling necro inappropriately. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    necrobumping is more like an exhumation =p.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Do you enjoy talking to yourself so often?
  • fulgida
    edited June 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Do you enjoy talking to yourself so often?

That was a rather disgusting display of spam.

Edit: for posterity, since the spam got removed: i was not referring to truekossy's post but instead I was refering to the sequence of posts that truekossy was addressing.
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Guess who jus' figured out a new feature of Modding Posts...? THIS GUY!

Looks like Shady... *puts on sunglasses* ...just got "8 Mile'd". YEEEAAAAAAHHHHH

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • PenutButer - Dreamweaver
    PenutButer - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    *Feeds Konari a cookie* b:sin
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    YAY!! Mod for the win XD wondering where did that guy go XD

Anyway back to my topic.. Now i think about it.. sage archer actually might be a bit better at pvp, I can only use my tw experience, as I m semi retired only come for tw mostly friends using me. In tw, I dont normally get chance to use quickshot that often, I still use it if situation fit. This might sound surprise to all of you guys/girls, but hear me out, quick shot channel 1 secs cast 0.5secs, so for that amount of time i can attack them 1.5times already, and you have to think 50% time you actually not attacking fast.

When I tab tab select some1, depends on their hp and if they got attacked or not, if they have got attacked and charm ticked or if they got attacked hp is lowered by a lot i DO NOT use quickshot, reason for it, I just need to kill them asap before they run away or charm tick. only if they r full or near full hp I will use quick shot.

This might also something to do with my weakish weapon, heaven shatter +10 2 sockets

This is just my personal experience XD since im in a noob tw faction our tw only last about 2hrs per week so yea.

But please leave you opion
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    @Eganil-- There is a lot of truth in what you're saying. Archers, Clerics, Wizards, Psychic and assassins are pretty much stun -> regular shots for a sage archer. When you've got good refines, they almost all die before the 3 seconds of stun wears off. A PvP sage archer will stack enough interval to compensate for a lack of quickshot, so I attack exactly once per second with decently high crit rate and, due to weapon proficiencies, HARD.

Of course, +30 atk lvl blessings make this effect even more noticeable.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    b:laugh I see Zhadi What happen to all ur posts?

demon isnt bad for tw, zhen is good, and quick shot isnt all that bad. Im not saying I dont use it, im just saying I dont use it that often.

I think if u r on the winning side sage is better, coz u can just pick them off kill them to farm up kill numbers

however if you on a lossing side.. or the tw goes for 2+ hrs.. demon is better, zhen deals more damage (if no chi just use chi pot), and most likly you have to use quick shot a lot more coz enemy normally is on full hp.