Top five guilds

Comments

• Malilizi - Harshlands
    Malilizi - Harshlands Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    True. So when KD took the Crimson land there was no sense of accomplishment?

But we are not kicking around a guild that is easy to beat. You yourself said it was a 10 mins roll after you got your main cata parties?

So by that along i would say Crimson is on an uphill battle which would actually give a sense of accomplishment.

Also it works both ways so i beg to differ on the Crimson didn't get stronger but KD got weaker statement.

I wasn't even in KD when they took Crimson land, so I have no idea. I'm going to assume there wasn't just as there wasn't a sense of accomplishment when we crystal sprinted Kylin over and over.

I didn't say we were easy to beat now, I said that when you do finally win it will mean we're easy to beat. Crimson does the same things in TW over and over week after week and you guys still can't seem to manage defending and attacking at the same time. We had, at the end of the war, about 50 people in against how many of yours? There was never a point in that war where I thought "oh ****, we're going to lose." It was a pretty calm and fun war because I knew in the back of my mind that there was no way we'd lose. I guess we'll see this weekend though since we've lost even MORE members and have to split again -_-. Eventually, yes, KD will lose but only because we have hemorrhaged members and have nothing left to defend with.

So attacking a guild until they're dead and you finally win is "an uphill battle?" Maybe if you were the ones killing us, but I don't see a Zulu or Kylin tag above your head. Crimson and Evoke are like the vultures who hover around the lion's kill and then pick at the pieces.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Just remember...if you do ever win against KD it's not because Crimson got stronger or better, it's because KD got weaker.

The fact that KD is losing/lost most of it's members means they're easy to beat. So kicking around a guild with less members than you isn't anything to be proud of. It's like when we crystal sprint some lowbie guild. There's no sense of accomplishment.

I disagree with you, if KD loses is cuz Crimson got stronger and KD got weaker. In the last months is noticeable that Crimson got significatively stronger, so getting on the map after beating KD when they have been trying so hard for is a good accomplishment.
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    You can't be serious. Getting on the map just because you can beat a dead guild is no accomplishment Frickin Citadel was on the map after Last Stand died. Were they a strong guild? I mean really.

Crimson hasn't become any harder to beat in members or in strategy. The only difference now is they have more people and even flies can kill a cow if there's enough of them.

And Paimage you haven't been on either side of these TWs, so please keep your opinion of how strong they have gotten, IN TW, to yourself.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    You can't be serious. Getting on the map just because you can beat a dead guild is no accomplishment Frickin Citadel was on the map after Last Stand died. Were they a strong guild? I mean really.

Crimson hasn't become any harder to beat in members or in strategy. The only difference now is they have more people and even flies can kill a cow if there's enough of them.

And Paimage you haven't been on either side of these TWs, so please keep your opinion of how strong they have gotten, IN TW, to yourself.

Its true I havent been on either side of these TWs, but I get to see my twin bro playing on this TWs sometimes thats y I have an idea of how strong Crimson was a few months ago and how strong they are now. The last TW Crimson did with KD went on for about 1 hour and around 20 mins, that shows they have made a huge improvement considering KD used to beat Crimson with 2 to 3 rushes.
  • AsHeZ - Harshlands
    AsHeZ - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I wasn't even in KD when they took Crimson land

I'm referring to the single land we had which we lost a few weeks back. I'm sure you were there then though i might be mistaken. I still fail to see the strategic value of that move though apart from attempts to head hunt folks over but that happened anyways.
    Crimson does the same things in TW over and over week after week and you guys still can't seem to manage defending and attacking at the same time. We had, at the end of the war, about 50 people in against how many of yours? There was never a point in that war where I thought "oh ****, we're going to lose." It was a pretty calm and fun war because I knew in the back of my mind that there was no way we'd lose.

True .. But as pointed out earlier in this thread, the +bows of Lig / Nova and your weapon along with your 20K+ HP barbs are quite a significant challenge which we are willing to accept week after week b:surrender
    So attacking a guild until they're dead and you finally win is "an uphill battle?" Maybe if you were the ones killing us, but I don't see a Zulu or Kylin tag above your head. Crimson and Evoke are like the vultures who hover around the lion's kill and then pick at the pieces.

Actually its hard to say that ZULU or Kylin is killing Kingdom. It's debatable of course but something somewhere went wrong and things didn't turn out the way the KD leadership intended. Not everything that happens in a guild is determined always by external factors.

And as long as you guys roll us in 10 mins it's an uphill battle. Might turn out different in future who knows.
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Its true I havent been on either side of these TWs, but I get to see my twin bro playing on this TWs sometimes thats y I have an idea of how strong Crimson was a few months ago and how strong they are now. The last TW Crimson did with KD went on for about 1 hour and around 20 mins, that shows they have made a huge improvement considering KD used to beat Crimson with 2 to 3 rushes.

But you're missing the point. The reason that the TWs are taking longer is because KD has lost a lot of members and has gotten weaker, not because Crimson has gotten stronger. We can't even bring a full 80 anymore which is what we used to have when we'd roll through them in 10 minutes. There was only ever one Crimson war where I thought we might lose and that was well over a month ago which was when we had a lot more of our good members. Since then they seem to have actually gotten weaker.
    I'm referring to the single land we had which we lost a few weeks back. I'm sure you were there then though i might be mistaken. I still fail to see the strategic value of that move though apart from attempts to head hunt folks over but that happened anyways.

Oh...no there was no sense of accomplishment taking that land. I don't see why you think there would be. I'm pretty sure we took that land because there's no reason to let a guild attack you over and over, while holding land, when you can easily take it from them. It's kind of silly.

My point is still that I haven't noticed a significant improvement in Crimsons strategy or in how their members play in TW. I don't see why our members have anything to do with this since you can still improve how you play even with high level DD.

Of course some internal factors are to blame for KD's downfall too, but we didn't really start losing members until we started losing to Zulu and then they all seemed to jump ship. Plus it's always a chain effect. One person leaves and takes 5 of their friends with them over the ensuing weeks.
  • AsHeZ - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    I'm pretty sure we took that land because there's no reason to let a guild attack you over and over, while holding land, when you can easily take it from them. It's kind of silly.

Initially I had spoken to Micheal on the Crimson vent and informed our intention to do a TW and when he said he wasn't sure of getting people that week (assuming stacked wars) I held bidding [I was leader at that point] and bid the next week and Micheal knew about it.

And we didn't repeatedly attack Kingdom. Our intention was never land oriented. We wanted most members who were on the look out for more of a challenging TW to get that opportunity. and see how a good TW is done even though it was going to be a face roll.

And when Micheal bid on the sole land we had funny thing was another marshal from KD was talking to me about a TW alliance. That's what i thought was silly no offense.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    True .. But as pointed out earlier in this thread, the +bows of Lig / Nova and your weapon along with your 20K+ HP barbs are quite a significant challenge
    Apparently two Archers, a Veno and a couple of Barbs are more crucial than 30 extra people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    The first time was talked about, but you guys attacked us two or three more times before we bid on your land. Michael basically said "if they attack us once more I'm taking their land" and then you guys did.

If you want TWs that's fine, but you also can't expect the guild you're TWing against to let you walk all over them.
  • AsHeZ - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Apparently two Archers, a Veno and a couple of Barbs are more crucial than 30 extra people.

Not apparently. I'm stating what was problems for us.

In no way I'm saying Crimson suddenly became the next best TW faction. We have much to learn and improve i agree.

But remember what Mali said? Can tank 13 people with only charm ticking. So assuming you and Nova can do the same with the equipment you have then 30 is not much of a problem ye?
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    You'd think but poor little Liggy and Nova are squishier than I am ;)
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited May 2010

If you put Banzzok, Ligeia, malilizi and 4 barbs only against Crimson you wouldnt stand a chance to win at all... Ofc what he means is that there were players in that TW that made a big difference. Its like the difference between having a wizard/archer with rank8 in your side, he/she will always play a major role in a TW against ppl with average and below average gear.
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol when you guys took the only peace of land we had, you know how many KD felt like God that day? "Ohhh haha we took land!" (what, are weeks of failing to Kylin and not even trying at this point?) I had a few come up to me feeling like they were on top of the world cuz they ganked a smaller faction. Big accomplishment right?
    Just face the fact that Crimson is stronger, and sure we have an advantage. Not out faults that we have loyal members who stay here to be with friends and have fun, and not just money money money. b:chuckle For gods sake, it's a game. I personally come on everyday to chat with everyone, and don't really care about winning and losing. Sure, winning is great, but that's not all there is to a GAME... Most Crimson's are here to be in a fun faction, and most don't really care about losing. We do it for the fun and experience, and keep things positive. Sorry, the merge is NOT gonna happen. (still laughing a day later)
    Every faction eventually dies, like Crimson did before, like Uber said, now KD is experiencing. So yes, it will be a sense of accomplishment if we win, no matter what the situation is.
    And again with the merge thing... *loads gun* please don't make me do it.
    I've seen how KD is. Crimson + KD + RPK = hell. It's like, way to ruin all your rep right?

b:thanks The wise Emo has spoken~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoroaster - Harshlands
    Zoroaster - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2010

9 ppl were needed to take you down -.-
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. b:laugh
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    I was implying that you have more factors affecting your TW performance than you stated if you think those few people realistically provide a larger advantage than having nearly twice as many people on your side.

Emo, I'm always ready to point out how many idiots and scrubs we have in Kingdom, but I don't understand why you think Crimson has an advantage because of loyalty. There are several people still in Kingdom who are loyal to one another, we just have 100 more people whom I have no idea why they're even here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Until you actually take land from us than KD = stronger than Crimson. Once you take land I will say that you have become stronger than us, but that still does not mean you have become stronger as a whole.

You guys can sure feel proud of yourselves fairly easily, huh? Is this like grade school where everyone gets a trophy so they don't feel bad? Because that's what taking land from a dead guild feels like to me. DON'T WORRY, EVERYONE IS A WINNER :D.
  • LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands
    LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Look I don't mean to be mean, but if Crimson was an actual factor, why did they lose the land they had? Why didn't they take more land?
    "If God gives you lemons, then get a new God"-Powerthirst
  • AsHeZ - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    You guys can sure feel proud of yourselves fairly easily, huh? Is this like grade school where everyone gets a trophy so they don't feel bad? Because that's what taking land from a dead guild feels like to me. DON'T WORRY, EVERYONE IS A WINNER :D.

nah .. on the contrary we will consider Kingdom dead when they don't turn up to defend. Till then of course alive and kicking b:victory
  • AsHeZ - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Look I don't mean to be mean, but if Crimson was an actual factor, why did they lose the land they had? Why didn't they take more land?

Nobody said Crimson is a factor ...

We just exchanging opinions b:pleased
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited May 2010

Going by your opinion the only factor guilds in the server are Zulu and KY since they keep taking more lands and havent lost any land for a while? In my point of view every guild that at least has the potential to pose at least a future threat to one of the top3 guilds is a factor and I believe Crimson has that potential.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Of course they have that potential. Anyways, I'm tired of this discussion. I said how I felt, was wrong about a few things but right about others and still have a faction leader that wont talk to me because I "left" Crimson. I'm done. Good luck Crimson.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Suicidee - Harshlands
    Suicidee - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    that's probably because you're trashtalking them.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Pointing out flaws is not "trashtalking;" it's constructive criticism at best and brutal honesty at worst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands
    LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Pointing out flaws is not "trashtalking;" it's constructive criticism at best and brutal honesty at worst.

What Ligeia said. There's a huge difference between pointing out the flaws in something and offering ways to make it better versus trash talking. And I mean HUGE.
    "If God gives you lemons, then get a new God"-Powerthirst
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How amusing this thread has become. Is it constructive criticism to state a false and deceptive propaganda about something that totally doesnt concern you? No. Thats what I saw certain ppl doing here, and this is not welcome in my eyes. We in Crimson appreciate the constructive criticism, but not unnecessary trash talk some ppl intentionally or unintentiannaly did. Just see, its very easy to just shut up when you have only **** and rubish to say.
    (\__/)
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Os_city - Harshlands
    Os_city - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You give us way too much credit; barrage has a cooldown, you know. You actually started doing significantly worse once someone apparently assigned two squads to keep my HP at zero.

Bms just do smack when you c them barrage and that will give squad under barrage time to move/organise better
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    lol pointing out flaws? She was saying that while in Crimson she couldnt see any TW serious ppl or players with motivation to be good at TW, hows that constructive criticism? In this thread all I saw was she saying how bad she thinks Crimson is and how KD is so much better.
  • Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Until you actually take land from us than KD = stronger than Crimson. Once you take land I will say that you have become stronger than us, but that still does not mean you have become stronger as a whole.

I don't think anyones argueing that kd is currently stronger the crim, its pretty ovious that kd is stronger because crim hasn't taken any lands yet. And if crim beats you guys in tw why wouldn't that make them stronger has a whole? In tw crim is having a much harder time, just looking at the cata pullers, kd has taboo and such, barbs with good gear and that know what they are doing. what does crim have? (i seriously don't know what they have but i bet its not as good as kds barb). And then if kd puts its heavy hitters on defence, i bet those catas die fast. So crim has much larger obsticals to overcome to beat kd then for kd to beat crim (even if kd is lackign numbers during tw). If crim beats u guys, then they deserve to win, crim has been from hell and back, and if they win a fight to get on the tw map this time, they deserve it.

And are you talking about how kd should get a trophy so they don't feel bad too? since they can't win any tws like arch or ether. You say how weak and sad crim is, but when u compair yourself to ky and zulu, kd is the weak and sad one. Its all a matter of perspective. Im not trying to trash talk here, but you keep saying how bad crim is compaired to kd, well, i could go on about how bad kd is compaired to ky, but that would make me just look like an ****.
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • Tiphreth - Harshlands
    Tiphreth - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    And are you talking about how kd should get a trophy so they don't feel bad too? since they can't win any tws like arch or ether. You say how weak and sad crim is, but when u compair yourself to ky and zulu, kd is the weak and sad one. Its all a matter of perspective. Im not trying to trash talk here, but you keep saying how bad crim is compaired to kd, well, i could go on about how bad kd is compaired to ky, but that would make me just look like an ****.

If you compare Kingdom to Zulu and Kylin and find them weak then lets compare Crimson to this pathetically weak guild and find Crimson, who can't even win a war against 48 people on a lvl 3 land (Cause the level of the land totally matters), to be?

Honestly, if you want to call Kingdom weak than Crimson is less than nothing.
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In this thread all I saw was she saying how bad she thinks Crimson is and how KD is so much better.
    Honestly, if you want to call Kingdom weak than Crimson is less than nothing.

Point proven for you Paimage, looks like its more than 1 person doing the same thing.
    (\__/)
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.