GM Response: DQ Mats price change

Options

Comments

• Shezmu - Lost City
    Shezmu - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Frankly, that's never going to happen. Not because PWI doesn't care, but because even if they do implement what needs to be implemented, somebody's still gonna whine about it.

Why don't we all just sit our asses down then and do nothing for the rest of our life, very poor excuse to not do what should be done yes thats right an EXCUSE no valid argument

why do we bother to live we will all die anyway.. pls dont talk ****
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You'll notice that Frankie did not said they will do something... He said they are trying to have something done...

So, the price drop will happens and nothing could be done to compensate it.

Please note that your first paragraph being true does not make your second paragraph is also true.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In response to this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=715932

Hey everyone,

So we talked with the devs, and the final word is that the DQ mat change is still scheduled to happen.

However:

After letting them know exactly how unpopular this change was going to be, they agreed to work with us to compensate you guys in some way, most likely by adding something to our specific version of the game to help counteract that blow.

While I can't get into details about exactly what will be added, I can assure you that we are currently discussing it, and we will let you know as soon as something concrete surfaces.

Thank you all for your patience, as well as your willingness to give good feedback on these forums :)

Additional response from later in the thread:

The DQ price change was originally made because of rampant gold-farming in the Chinese version of the game. It's a drastic measure, but one that was deemed necessary on their end.

However, our version of the game does not suffer from the same problem as the Chinese version, and we believe that it's unfair to you guys to have to deal with this change. It is for this reason that we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.

Thank you GMs for doing anything against that change, I really hope you succeed on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    +1 Respect for Frankie.

@Aliella: In the original chinese version there's a problem of people excessively (How this is bad, I've no idea) farming gold, so to cut that back a bit they're cutting the price. As explained before.

I absolutely love the prospect of a new way of making money. I can't login for long amounts of time at once, so for me there's few ways to earn coin and it sadly shows on my income. QQ
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    +1 Respect for Frankie.

i give +2 b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • GoldTiger - Dreamweaver
    GoldTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Damn,
    First someone cant buy gold to open like Supply stach lv 50 and 80!
    Prices of Gold in coins are HUGE.
    PPl ripping off all time, Dq 21 items 4 bank quest 5k ??

and after all u rip of NPC sell price??

if u wana make ppl less rich this is not way,

anyway i hard collect coins, always broke xD

this is another hit to my soul :(
    PWI
    DW - Server
    GoldTiger - LV 100
    Faction: ReMiX
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1271081599014.png

/10charters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:lipcurl k well i browsed through the first 12 pages or so of this reading ppl responces to all this and first off just wanna say TY GMS at least your trying

Second off to all the ppl i see saying quit QQing or there doesnt need to be any compensation or you can adapt i noticed one thing your all lvl 95+ or so hey GUESS WHAT not everyone can spend 12 hours a day farming 3-3 and nirvana and lunar and blah blah blah and then spend the next 12 hours afk with their comp on merchanting. REASON YOU DONT SEE ANYONE GRINDING IS YOUR ALL IN INSTANCES FARMING ALL DAY OR MERCHANTING AFK IN ARCH. I'm sick of hearing all the ppl that are well off in this game telling all the average ppl with average gears that didnt hyper there way to 100+ or oracle noob it up to quit QQing u can make money doing blah blah blah not everyone wants to spend 6 hours a day working for coin just to break even with their dailies b:shutupb:bye
  • Zuunu - Heavens Tear
    Zuunu - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, it better not be cash-shop related.
  • Shezmu - Lost City
    Shezmu - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:lipcurl k well i browsed through the first 12 pages or so of this reading ppl responces to all this and first off just wanna say TY GMS at least your trying

Second off to all the ppl i see saying quit QQing or there doesnt need to be any compensation or you can adapt i noticed one thing your all lvl 95+ or so hey GUESS WHAT not everyone can spend 12 hours a day farming 3-3 and nirvana and lunar and blah blah blah and then spend the next 12 hours afk with their comp on merchanting. REASON YOU DONT SEE ANYONE GRINDING IS YOUR ALL IN INSTANCES FARMING ALL DAY OR MERCHANTING AFK IN ARCH. I'm sick of hearing all the ppl that are well off in this game telling all the average ppl with average gears that didnt hyper there way to 100+ or oracle noob it up to quit QQing u can make money doing blah blah blah not everyone wants to spend 6 hours a day working for coin just to break even with their dailies b:shutupb:bye

Let me say your comment is that of a selfish idiot....

People are always allowed to voice their opinions and its not bout whether we CAN adapt but that we MUSTasapt

See it as the goverment suddenly raising taxes by 20% it's absurd unless justified and "the other version has gold farming issue"is not a valid reason merely an excuse of incompetence or a hidden motive fueled by greed

Pls keep your shallow brain to yourself
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Very much "Oh, who cares about those second class citizens."

Oh... you know what? I bet their idea for a recompense will be something involving bringing back the ever hated horns and anni-packs.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Why the unsticky?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if its another daily I think everyone will go insane...
    if its cash shop related the econemy will die compleatly...
    if its something for high levels only I think low levels will all QQ and quit (trophy mode?)...

ill be quiet now, still think the GM's get a thumbs up for trying b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Why the unsticky?
    Typical PWI's behavior, it's their standard procedure with topics they dislike. They unstickied it, next it will be put into the lower depth section or be locked so people will forget about it.. Then they'll apply the price change on DQ items, and never implement anything to compensate players for it.
    b:bye

PS : why do you think they locked the pool about this same subject last week? It's now on page 7 and slowly slipping into oblivion. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    Wolfssohn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,535 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They'll put DQ-items in Boutique...or an item which allows ya to npc 'em for the normal price...

No seriously...if we get another ridiculous Boutique-item i'll join the Wraith and destroy your citys...b:surrender

(Oh well, thanks for talkin' to the devs though)
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Silkroad use a likeable system to make coin: trade between city.
    3 job make with 1 special fashion item that active pvp between player: thief, hunter and trader.

Trader buy mats from 1 city and without teleport go to another city.
    + distance = + XY00% Ex: 4 map trade = 1200% of mats buy from 1 city.
    Thief try to kill hunter and trader, collect drop mats of trader and go to thief market (can sell only for normal price of mats)
    Hunter defend Trader
    Trader can make this with 1 special pet ride (work only 1 time).
    This special pet ride is free (2 different horse - x space into bag, y speed) and special pet ride (more space into bag with price and more speed)

Not only human thief for the trader convoy (+ mats into convoy + spawn special thief controlled by the game....similar to mob of different level and number)

This give a reason to make pvp and pk into general map b:laugh

Into PW can also make water-earth-air convoy!!!

Example

example2

example3

DQ drop...ok use this to compensate DQ drop!
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if its another daily I think everyone will go insane...
    if its cash shop related the econemy will die compleatly...
    if its something for high levels only I think low levels will all QQ and quit (trophy mode?)...

ill be quiet now, still think the GM's get a thumbs up for trying b:thanks

It's already easy to get to high levels. Only takes a few months or even less. So they really shouldn't QQ. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I still hope the DQ items will eventually have their original sell prices again. I really hate the change and it takes me more time to reach my goals. Why do we have to suffer for something that happened in an other version of PW? -_- I don't know what they will come up with... I hope it's a daily quest that gives 200k coins. b:laugh
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, I must admit I've been kinda tempted to come back and play on my 2x barb a little and keep in contact with the few friends I made here... but this honestly threw that idea right out the window, where it got run over 6 or 7 times by a large truck.

I really honestly do wonder if PWI is actually a huge convoluted experiment on how badly you can treat an addicted gamer before they eventually get sick of you, or whether it actually makes them more addicted. I mean come on, the devs treat you guys like a joke... O_o
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, I must admit I've been kinda tempted to come back and play on my 2x barb a little and keep in contact with the few friends I made here... but this honestly threw that idea right out the window, where it got run over 6 or 7 times by a large truck.

I really honestly do wonder if PWI is actually a huge convoluted experiment on how badly you can treat an addicted gamer before they eventually get sick of you, or whether it actually makes them more addicted. I mean come on, the devs treat you guys like a joke... O_o

I know. After this lame update, my faction fell apart and 90% of the Venos I knew gave up on getting a Herc and/or even quitted the game. Thankfully, Archer is a cheap class, so I don't have a problem, but I do miss my friends, so I really HATE this update. I feel really lonely now, so I'm just doing my dailies until I quit too... =/
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

I re-quit.

I did a small return from 89 to 93 but I will go back into quit.

Ib:bye
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I re-quit.

I did a small return from 89 to 93 but I will go back into quit.

Ib:bye

icecreameatingchildren.jpg
    Give me your stuff if you leave o.o and bb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Tiudo - Sanctuary
    Tiudo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My brother quit too, I feel so lonely. and I was saving for an uber bow and I can feel I get less money from grinding... That was my only source of income. the bow became more expensive so I just gave up and got a noob bow... Thanks for taking even that small amount of coins away from me, PWE... really thanks. -_-
    Edit: sorry bout the icon, my main is lvl 72.
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I just wanted to say,

My main is a high lvl veno and before i moved abroad with sucky pc i was saving for a herc and %90 of my sof were from the cash shop. I was planning to buy the rest too and i do use the cash shop quite often. I think there s absolutely nothing wrong with paying for something that entertains you but when you re treated like an idiot, i think its unacceptable. I didnt want to quit pwi since i ve already invested time effort and money in this game, but when the game starts to treat me like an idiot it s time to move on.

I have enough rl problems and i play games to relax, to enjoy ect.. if the game is providing me this i will pay for it, if its not, i will quit. its that simple. and i think someone should realise that with these changes they re losing more cash shoppers than they are forcing people to use it.

I m aware that many people already spoke about this but i just wanted to add +1 and to say its not just the dq prices its the way pwi seems to be desperatly trying to force people to use cash shop lately.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    k well i browsed through the first 12 pages or so of this reading ppl responces to all this and first off just wanna say TY GMS at least your trying

Second off to all the ppl i see saying quit QQing or there doesnt need to be any compensation or you can adapt i noticed one thing your all lvl 95+ or so hey GUESS WHAT not everyone can spend 12 hours a day farming 3-3 and nirvana and lunar and blah blah blah and then spend the next 12 hours afk with their comp on merchanting. REASON YOU DONT SEE ANYONE GRINDING IS YOUR ALL IN INSTANCES FARMING ALL DAY OR MERCHANTING AFK IN ARCH. I'm sick of hearing all the ppl that are well off in this game telling all the average ppl with average gears that didnt hyper there way to 100+ or oracle noob it up to quit QQing u can make money doing blah blah blah not everyone wants to spend 6 hours a day working for coin just to break even with their dailies

People are always allowed to voice their opinions and its not bout whether we CAN adapt but that we MUSTasapt

See it as the goverment suddenly raising taxes by 20% it's absurd unless justified and "the other version has gold farming issue"is not a valid reason merely an excuse of incompetence or a hidden motive fueled by greed

please keep in mind this is not real life and Jenova makes a good point.

if a country's government raises taxes 20% its not the people that make loads of money that get upset but the people that make enough to do alright. In real life yes you must adapt but this is a game. the simplest way to get away from the problem is to just click the uninstall button. people enjoy the GAME and the friends they have made and do not want to see it empty.

heres something i have noticed. the last few months (since the effect of packs, oracle noobing, BH and other powerleveling have had a chance to take hold) I have seen fewer and fewer people out killing stuff (and no thats not cuz of my lvl i have been leveling alts through) and more and more afk catshops. in other words everyone must be right that merchanting is the better way to make money. but does that lead to an enjoyable game? NO. that leads to people holding down a second job for virtual money **insert facepalm bear smiley**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luniko - Sanctuary
    Luniko - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think there s absolutely nothing wrong with paying for something that entertains you

Believe me, I would spend real money on the game if I could. But think about it - not everyone is from the USA. I am from Hungary and I earn about 70000 Hungarian forints a month. I have to give about 20000 to my freaking government though, so I'm happy if I get 50000 afterall. After paying all the bills and taxes, I have about 20000 HUF left. That is 100 american dollars. I have 100 dollars to buy food, clothes, etc... in 2 words, I have 100 dollars TO LIVE. I often have to go to work on foot because I do not have money to buy gas in my car!!! I would be the happiest person if I had spare money to spend on PWI, but I CANNOT waste money on pixels. So basically, people who cannot spend real money are SCREWED because we get EVEN LESS money from grinding thanks to the new DQ prices. Soooo easy for people who get thousands of dollars every month or are in a country with less taxes and can afford spending hundreds of dollars on games. But I work my **** off and still end up poor in this stupid country. I would move to the USA but I don't have money to buy a ticket. Born to the wrong place, and you're all screwed. =/
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

b:laugh idk where u live but if they tried raising taxes here 20% thered b riots in the street
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:laugh idk where u live but if they tried raising taxes here 20% thered b riots in the street

tea partiesb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ok, i've been out of the game for something like a month....has anything been fixed yet?

In response to this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=715932

Additional response from later in the thread:

The DQ price change was originally made because of rampant gold-farming in the Chinese version of the game. It's a drastic measure, but one that was deemed necessary on their end.

However, our version of the game does not suffer from the same problem as the Chinese version, and we believe that it's unfair to you guys to have to deal with this change. It is for this reason that we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • JeaIousy - Raging Tide
    JeaIousy - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ok, i've been out of the game for something like a month....has anything been fixed yet?

no but we have no bugs b:laugh :
    naked bug for both guy and lady
    i forgot the rest..
This discussion has been closed.