Definitive Tideborn sage/demon skills :3

13»

Comments

• Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I fairly believe that demon white voodoo reduce -channeling on white voodoo while casting only (1s -> 0.97 sec?), I could be wrong. On the other hand -3 channeling is non factor for a psychic at 89+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Raving Slash
    Sage: Increases Attack and reduces defense level by 10 for 5 seconds. Amplifys damage by 60% during 5 seconds
    Demon: 40% Chance to reduce Opponents Speed by 90% for 5 seconds.Amplifys damage by 60% during 5 seconds
    It Amps now o.0
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nukka89
    nukka89 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ~~~bump~~~
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    How do you sanc sins level up so fast >:c. Big cheaters! b:cute
    most of our fish are hyper / oracle noobs.

i still think some of these skills are mixed up, the first translation we had in the assassin forum had some of the sage skills as demon ones and vice versa. usually demon has the adverse random effects, while sage has the constant damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They updated the simulator.

I rechecked all the info again of Assassins
    Sage version of dagger devotion was wrong, of course :-P
    Also, there's still no info about Tide form, so i assume there's no sage/demon version of them.

Will check the psychic's one later (or anyone check yourself there and post it :P -> Psychic info.

Srry for the necro, i think it's better this than go make another post =/
  • StainedBlade - Heavens Tear
    StainedBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Makes me lean toward going Sage even more. Now with the ability to have a chance of +20% attack rate for Sage assassins even with a no chi skill that has a short cooldown. Plenty of very nice things about Demon and I still do not think it would be tragic if someone choose that but I see so much more long term benefit with Sage.

-Flop Flop- I'm a fish
  • neamtuuuu
    neamtuuuu Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    cant w8 for the new skills
  • Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I hate waffling....

Im contending over sparks like everyone else, because of the attack speed of demon, but if they cap attack speed then meh, no need for demon spark.

Sage skills I literally like 15 of them versus the 9 demon skills I might care to use. the 15 sage skills are also skills that I use normally. Leaning on Sage more and more every day, maybe we'll actually see some official posts of sage/demon skills soon.

If this thread is accurate vs the other thread, then I dunno. Who knows which thread is accurate?
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    indeed as the release is now for soon there will be great to have something from gm's or anything. 6% left to be lvl 89 and still no official information to make my choice -_-.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sage > Demon

>:3

Finally.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Judging from what I read... the Sage versions seem much better. Some of the Demon skills are nice but very few of them compare to their Sage counterparts.

Um.. So you're one of those Clerics that gets their **** handed to them by a Blademaster aren't you? A six second stun doesn't mean an automatic win against casters. There are ways around stuns and ways to defend yourself while in a stun.

Also, Sage Venomancers get a purify as well. It has a one minute cooldown, but is a purify nonetheless. I do agree that the aerial speed boost sucks though, I call bullcrap!

If anything one of the Winged Elf classes should get that skill, why is a fish getting a skill that boosts their flight speed? Elves are the original winged class of this game. It makes no sense for Psychics to get such a skill.

Okay... sorry. In a direct one on one I hardly ever lose to blademasters. But that is besides the point. An assassin can be fully buffed, demon sparked in stealth and then stun you for six seconds, unprepared. That equals death to me, and most arcane robe casters I imagine. My genie is my baby, and I'm aware of Badge of Courage: its great. However, it is undeniable that an additional second of stun makes Demon Headhunter very attractive. That along with 100% interrupting shuriken and an amp-effect on throat cut talk about deadly to casters! So yeah. There's some wicked demon skills. I agree that there's overall more "better" Sage skills though.

HOWEVER: Sage is the skill based path. Demons generally focus on -interval gear and normal melee attacks. Hence, Sage skills should give them an edge to balance this. How many Sage Archers do you know? Their skills suck and the have a spark "disadvantage" for damage. The developers want a balance. If you wana go for the spark-build (still very attractive) you're going to have to pass up on something. That is called balance.

I wasn't aware of the Sage Venomancer Purify, but what I'm mostly annoyed at is that Psychics get a squad Purification spell. Clerics should get one too in my opinion.

PS- Yes I was offend by your groundless comment on my PvP skills b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    sage psy will have aoe purify but wont be spammable it on our aoe heal which is also the strongest ingame but on 30 second cooldown...

oh and that if they ont change skill before we get them .. the list that are around on forum is not official ....
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Dynamyte - Lost City
    Dynamyte - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Can people that get a skill book please confirm if these descriptions are all correct?

And can someone confirm if they drop in fbs too like the skills for any other class? And if you or someone you know see one drop, tell us which drops where?

Thank you :)
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Someone else on another thread showed how you can peak at all the skills in AH using the search function in filter. I looked at Sin skills and it appears that the descriptions above are not 100% accurate in all cases.

What I saw was Sage > Demon,but that was a first glance and of course what teh hell do I know......lol
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8243922&postcount=8

There's the Sin Demon/Sage skill effects, copied from the AH.

Edit:
    Someone else on another thread showed how you can peak at all the skills in AH using the search function in filter. I looked at Sin skills and it appears that the descriptions above are not 100% accurate in all cases.

What I saw was Sage > Demon,but that was a first glance and of course what teh hell do I know......lol

You're right, imo. Demon Sin only has 15 seconds of increased APS and 3 seconds extra stun going for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3