Project Fashion Female Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Simple proof is... look how all flame the winning one, just because it's not the one they like. The argument for D now is it's not an 'armor contest' but yet there were flames on A before as well when it was winning, that it looks like another set in game lol

I dislike D based on its skimpy design and "demonic" aesthetic style, not because it's winning. Top or bottom of the voting pile, I'd still think it was ugly. C isn't all that bad - I might even let Dhal try it on if it were in-game.
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    disappointed....b:surrender

and D is winning? seems like a joke to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man frankie...you iz a good designer...XD

P.S. D sux
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If D wins im only buying the gloves but maybe not ... yeah D does suck its not very female at all not even kick **** femalish XDb:surrender
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i just don't get it. what happened to all of the fashion entries that were amazing. i mean, these are good for paper and to mess around, but not something that I, nor many, would even consider getting/wearing. and this is coming from someone with a fully extended wardrobe b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    i just don't get it. what happened to all of the fashion entries that were amazing. i mean, these are good for paper and to mess around, but not something that I, nor many, would even consider getting/wearing. and this is coming from someone with a fully extended wardrobe b:sad

A- maybe my cleric but i hate my clerics Posture. she just don't show fashion off well ..ever... More likely for my BM (even thought i hate fem BM psoture to [they look like they have a stick up their butt])
    B- i love the top and XD.. head fashion.. lolz eye patch
    C- maybe.. i like the hood, diffinitly on sin
    D-..............I just don't see D going with my Bm, Cleric,Psy,Sin,wiz,veno,archer.
    E- i like the top, not that into the pants or the head part (I don't do big bows.. )
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Roxiann - Heavens Tear
    Roxiann - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I can understand, there will always be people to complain, but they could of at least come up with a little more variety. Everyone has their taste, and for the rest of us who aren't interested in armor and more "game like" style clothing have nothing to vote for. I want to vote, but theres nothing here I dislike a little less then the other.

Also a little put off by the choices. I ignorantly assumed, "draw" meant that graphite and black and white were acceptable. If I had known before this I wouldn't of wasted my time. I wouldn't be wasting my expensive oil paints and pastels on something like this, so color wasn't an option. Would have been nice to know this in the beginning.

Still good luck to those who won! Its not my intentions to insult any one, just not my taste personally.
    Lvl 7x Cleric
    Lvl 3x Veno
    Lvl 3X Archer

Its just a game ^^
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Your drawing might have been acceptable, but just not considered as good in the judges' eyes as the ones we have to pick from now. Just a difference in opinion. But honestly, it looks like the judges were hormonal males >.>
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
  • Roxiann - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Your drawing might have been acceptable, but just not considered as good in the judges' eyes as the ones we have to pick from now. Just a difference in opinion. But honestly, it looks like the judges were hormonal males >.>

lol That might explain the winners. Also I wasn't referring to myself alone. Out of 12 entries picked, no graphite or black and white. I have seen a lot of drawings from the other thread and elsewhere that were entered, and I was surprised that there wasn't at least one in the finals.
    Lvl 7x Cleric
    Lvl 3x Veno
    Lvl 3X Archer

Its just a game ^^
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol That might explain the winners. Also I wasn't referring to myself alone. Out of 12 entries picked, no graphite or black and white. I have seen a lot of drawings from the other thread and else where that were entered, and I was surprised that there wasn't at least one in the finals.

Yet again...hormonal males...which would you go for if you were a hormonal male...a sketchy drawing of a female body wearing fashion, or a full color, skimpy-looking fashion on a full color, well-endowed female character...just think about that for a minute before you answer...that should give you your answer.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
  • EIodi - Sanctuary
    EIodi - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I would imagine that it's the design and the possibility to dye and ease of integration into the game that the GMs probably were after. The best drawing would win a best-drawing-competition, but here it's about the fashion ingame. For example, the high-end graphics on B are impressive, but I wouldn't vote for it because I don't like the design itself. I voted E because I have a scary passion for bows and I would buy the top. I'm not sure about the bottoms, but it just depends how they look ingame. :3

The designs we're voting on are all very individual and you can see the designers have put a lot of effort into it. I'm certain the other entrants did just the same, but at the end of the day it's up to the GMs.
    Lv 5x Psychic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AKA Adeacia - Shura (Jade Dynasty)
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I would imagine that it's the design and the possibility to dye and ease of integration into the game that the GMs probably were after. The best drawing would win a best-drawing-competition, but here it's about the fashion ingame. For example, the high-end graphics on B are impressive, but I wouldn't vote for it because I don't like the design itself. I voted E because I have a scary passion for bows and I would buy the top. I'm not sure about the bottoms, but it just depends how they look ingame. :3

The designs we're voting on are all very individual and you can see the designers have put a lot of effort into it. I'm certain the other entrants did just the same, but at the end of the day it's up to the GMs...

...who are, apparently, hormonal males...XD

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    EvAxx - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm a guy and I think these winners are not the best.. There must be something wrong with the judges eyes.. I chose D because it has potential with the appropriate fixes that makes it more feminine and tasteful (assuming they see that..) because right now it looks like someone just gave a girl a *****'s armor.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The way I see it, this was a concept art contest, not a drawing contest. You could have made the best drawing ever, but if it wasn't the concept PWE was looking for they're not going to pick it. Its not what we like, its what PWE was looking for. How they determined that exactly I'm not sure, but someone mentioned the polls in the main page.

And the judges, they're not just random people in the office. They're probably the design team and the advertising team that determined which specific outfits are the ones that the majority of people are going to buy, even if we in the forums like them or not. The top 5 are not entirely based on aesthetics, they were scientifically calculated and thoroughly evaluated. For example, I really liked Kephra's Valiant male set and that female ice queen dress a few posts back, but the judges were looking for another concept, even if the entry drawing looked worse. Now, at least we get the chance to pick the design we want. PWE has calculated which designs within a specific concept group, in this case anime/gameish, people are going to buy. And here we play our part and pick which one we're most likely going to get.

It wasn't not so much about the looks of the drawing or the fashion itself, it was more about the style and concept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • EIodi - Sanctuary
    EIodi - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SinCityChick - rofl. Well, it's the members who are voting for the nakedest design, so I don't know if we can blame the GMs for that one. xD

Davitiel - Said it better than I could. This, basically.

Furthermore, look at design A. That would be a generally popular design, I can imagine a lot of players wanting this. We gotta remember that the fashions will be in the Boutique and generating money for the company, so GMs have to look at it from a money-making point of view too.
    Lv 5x Psychic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AKA Adeacia - Shura (Jade Dynasty)
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm glad that the stolen designs were replaced, from those new ones I like D and B, not sure which one I will vote for. Maybe I'll flip a coin :D
    D is cool and not so girly as all the other fashions, so I'd totally buy it if it came on sales :P
    B reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean, which is my fave movie, so that's why I like it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roxiann - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The way I see it, this was a concept art contest, not a drawing contest. You could have made the best drawing ever, but if it wasn't the concept PWE was looking for they're not going to pick it. Its not what we like, its what PWE was looking for. How they determined that exactly I'm not sure, but someone mentioned the polls in the main page.

And the judges, they're not just random people in the office. They're probably the design team and the advertising team that determined which specific outfits are the ones that the majority of people are going to buy, even if we in the forums like them or not. The top 5 are not entirely based on aesthetics, they were scientifically calculated and thoroughly evaluated. For example, I really liked Kephra's Valiant male set and that female ice queen dress a few posts back, but the judges were looking for another concept, even if the entry drawing looked worse. Now, at least we get the chance to pick the design we want. PWE has calculated which designs within a specific concept group, in this case anime/gameish, people are going to buy. And here we play our part and pick which one we're most likely going to get.

It wasn't not so much about the looks of the drawing or the fashion itself, it was more about the style and concept.

Apparently my post was taken the wrong way. I didn't at all mean that it was a drawing contest. I meant that it seemed like the display mattered more then the design. Even though some of the designs were colorless, some of them were really good designs.
    Lvl 7x Cleric
    Lvl 3x Veno
    Lvl 3X Archer

Its just a game ^^
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Apparently my post was taken the wrong way. I didn't at all mean that it was a drawing contest. I meant that it seemed like the display mattered more then the design. Even though some of the designs were colorless, some of them were really good designs.

Sorry hun, I didn't see your post. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Selephie - Lost City
    Selephie - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Awww... I liked the pretty ice dress from the same person who designed B...
    and the blue dress from xxshade or sumthing.. forgot name lolz.. b:cry
  • Shesmetet - Sanctuary
    Shesmetet - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Those dresses were my favourites too ;) The styles picked totally differ to my tastes, B was the only design that I liked, which I voted for.

I congratulate the final five on their designs, and wish them all the best b:victory
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol.
    Where did these replacements even come from.
    I'm glad stolen art was removed, but really?

Y'all need new judges, bad. Like the idea someone else posted, of having 15 entry's then have the public vote on those to narrow it down.
    Oh well. No vote here, GL.

Glad to see the judges didn't even bother looking at anyone's suggestions.
    Yay more **** armor...just what we need.
    b:spit
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm a little sad my favorites didn't make it into the finals but I have to say that I do admire the finalists this time around! No urban, cool modern fashion - oh well.

A has a simple aesthetic, which is nice. It's attractive, though perhaps slightly trashy for ancient China. I'd say it doesn't seem as creative or involved as the other designs though. B is very well done but... Pirate's aren't my thing. D does appear to be armored concept art... however the Plume-set in the Boutique is clearly armor as well. I'd argue there's a general divide between RL fashion and RP fashion, and this would be fine as a RP costume. It's just not exactly to my taste... but kudos. It looks awesome!

Currently I'm torn between C and E. The hood on C is totally cute, and I like over all outfit. However, E has a really well designed top! I'm not that into the panty-exposed pants however... Hmmm... I hope one of those two wins! I'm not sure which to vote for yet..
    PS: Leaning towards C, but may vote for E simply so D doesn't win *giggles*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I really loved E. I hope it wins. I'm not a huge fan of the dragon armor stuff. Looks a bit **** to me. b:sweat
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    C could be the underdog here, i love the pattern
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yet again...hormonal males...which would you go for if you were a hormonal male...a sketchy drawing of a female body wearing fashion, or a full color, skimpy-looking fashion on a full color, well-endowed female character...just think about that for a minute before you answer...that should give you your answer.

The judges were split about 60/40 male to female, and 100/0 hormonal to non-hormonal.
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The judges were split about 60/40 male to female, and 100/0 hormonal to non-hormonal.

lmao!! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so it took a few weeks to get those top 5 from 2000, but it took 1 day to do it again? did u have runner-ups? o.0

From the original post:
    "After going receiving close to 2000 submissions, parsing the total down to a serviceable 300, cutting those down to a top 20 per gender, and working with 12 different judges, we are finally down to a top 5 fashions for each gender!"

I just went through the rest of the top 20 female designs and used my executive decision to pick out the two replacements.
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Just for the record:
    I'm male, and there's no way in hell I'd vote for that dragon-armor stuff.
    Well drawn, sure, but nothing I'd want to see players running around in.

Frankie, thanks for correcting the contest (and extending the deadline on this one). Very responsible of you, and I'm sure we all appreciate it (except lostarot, and the cheaters who submitted).
    But I gotta ask - what criteria are you guys using over there? And I ask that in perfect seriousness with no snark. I would dearly love to know what rationale the judges gave for picking the sets they did, in both categories.

I asked the judges the same thing I am asking all of you: "Which do you like best?"

I gave each of them a folder with 20 female entries, and asked them to vote for their favorite 7 entries. I didn't ask them to explain their choices. I tallied up the votes and presented the top 5 as you see here now (well besides C and D which I myself picked from the top 20 after the originals were found to be fraudulent).
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dreddss.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sihndra wrote: »
    dreddss.jpg

WhaTheHeck? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
This discussion has been closed.