Assasin with 3 spark

Options

Comments

• brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I gotta say i really enjoy reading bout sins...they are treated as wargods of some kind: pop out of stealth, kill, stealth....sounds goodXD why not enjoy it(and yes even i can do that without a triple spark)
    tho i have a bad feeling bout us beeing nerfed...many people are complaining and even though i enjoy it i can understand where they come from...so we will get nerfed eventually T.T

You need to get one-shotted by a wizb:angry...............oh...wait......even that doesn't work on you ppl b:shocked
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Crypsis - Lost City
    Crypsis - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I gotta say i really enjoy reading bout sins...they are treated as wargods of some kind: pop out of stealth, kill, stealth....sounds goodXD why not enjoy it(and yes even i can do that without a triple spark)
    tho i have a bad feeling bout us beeing nerfed...many people are complaining and even though i enjoy it i can understand where they come from...so we will get nerfed eventually T.T

Im not so sure about a nerf. When developers create new skills/classes they strictly look at endgame and compare how it will work against players with highly refines gear it seems.

They never really cared about certain things being overpowering at lower lvls.

A phoenix for example, its a highly overpowered pet at lvl 60-95. Any arcane or LA user is pretty much helpless and at lower lvls once they get bleed and stun. Its extremely unbalanced and people cried about it for ages but devs really dont care since its only an issue at low/mid-levels.

Endgame a nix is really not that strong. Venos actually need the nix and the bleed to compete against other DD-classes since they do rather low dmg themselves. So devs keep the bird the way it is.

Im guessing assassins will be kinda the same. We are far to strong at mid-levels and you can pretty much faceroll on the keybord when you get access to triple spark in stealth. But once you have to compete against endgame players with 10-20k hp and +10+12 weapons im guessing it will balance out a bit.

Not saying thats fair in any way, but devs always neglected everything below lvl 100+ that didn't spend a fortune on gear.
  • brownflamer
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Im not so sure about a nerf. When developers create new skills/classes they strictly look at endgame and compare how it will work against players with highly refines gear it seems.

They never really cared about certain things being overpowering at lower lvls.

A phoenix for example, its a highly overpowered pet at lvl 60-95. Any arcane or LA user is pretty much helpless and at lower lvls once they get bleed and stun. Its extremely unbalanced and people cried about it for ages but devs really dont care since its only an issue at low/mid-levels.

Endgame a nix is really not that strong. Venos actually need the nix and the bleed to compete against other DD-classes since they do rather low dmg themselves. So devs keep the bird the way it is.

Im guessing assassins will be kinda the same. We are far to strong at mid-levels and you can pretty much faceroll on the keybord when you get access to triple spark in stealth. But once you have to compete against endgame players with 10-20k hp and +10+12 weapons im guessing it will balance out a bit.

Not saying thats fair in any way, but devs always neglected everything below lvl 100+ that didn't spend a fortune on gear.

Wow yeah...that's a really good point

So how do you think assasins are gonna fare against endgame classes?
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If I do it right, I can pick off a 10X non-HA in a group then get away. But as for mass PvP, we do have our limitations. We are not meant to be mass PvPer's anyways and that's offset by our seemingly OP skills to pick off a single target. Things might change for me later on after more interval gears and more refines for better survivability, but for now, I'll stick to "assassinations".
    Wow yeah...that's a really good point

So how do you think assasins are gonna fare against endgame classes?

Can you really get more endgame than 10X? And note that this is without demon or sage skills, and the assassin in question is low 9x, without particularly exceptional gear.

Now, admittedly this is against "soft" targets, but still, the implications are... troubling.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Finaly found who killed poor Kennedy b:sin

b:shockedb:surrender
    Gimme a shout if you think assasins will be even stronger than wizzards endgame!(equal gear)

"stronger" is quite an ambiguous word. Will we be able to one shot everyone in a group with an ult? No. But as 1v1 goes, Sins win.

That depends on your style. What you mentioned is skill-spamming Sins with CoD. We do hurt quite a bit at that level range with skill spamming, which will eventually be less powerful closer you get to endgame. But if you are a DPS Sin with interval gears, you only get stronger towards endgame with more -intervals from TT99. If we are looking at 10k HP and +10 to +12 magic weapons, we can get pretty much get full -interval gears for the same cost and that +10 or +12 weapon will hardly get a chance to fire on a 1v1. I've 2-hit 10X Archers quite a few times with sparked Headhunt coming out of stealth get them to near 50% then next normal attack crits and kills w/o tick. I've been asked if we have a skill that prevents charm from ticking b:sweat

But like mentioned before, this is all in 1v1 situations, which is a small % of PvP.
  • BK_traderR - Harshlands
    BK_traderR - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    NABS, sins is 2 shot :S and you want to make them less OP ? this game have to much QQ'ers , all cryed then nix bleed killed them, then gms created genie's and you still QQ about bleed... omg... now sins... all have so much genie skills to resist/reduce dmg... if sin kills you then you are noob on PvP...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That type of logic is stupid. Noone is saying that it is impossible to kill a sin or that it is impossible to avoid being killed by a sin. Of course there are ways to beat a sin.

It is similarly possible for a soldier with a musket to kill another with a tactical assault rifle. That does not mean the soldiers were given equal weapons.

Just because a musket can kill and an assault rifle can kill does not mean those two are balanced. Just because there is an ace musket soldier who enjoys to make fun of his fellow musketeers for dying to assault rifles does not mean the weapons are equal either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    umm..from the developers' A&Q thread:
    http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1546124&extra=page%3D1

We r thinking of nurfing sin's spark, 'spark will kick sin out of stealth'

b:sadouch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HazZzarD - Harshlands
    HazZzarD - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why i don't see any high lvl wiz telling here that sins are easy b:sadb:shocked
  • Seralyish - Harshlands
    Seralyish - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

It would really sick...

But in the other hand we still can Stealth->Sleep->Spark and good bye anyway xD
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Because they aren't? b:laugh
  • brownflamer
    edited April 2010
    Options

they prolly didin't notice the sin who died along with the group that just ate his BIDS b:laugh
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they prolly didin't notice the sin who died along with the group that just ate his BIDS b:laugh
    There's a skill called Deaden Nerves. You should try it sometime.
  • brownflamer
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There's a skill called Deaden Nerves. You should try it sometime.

Lol I know what that skill does......I was just making a joke
  • Crypsis - Lost City
    Crypsis - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Im not surprised they're considering this. Even the developers here said it gives them to much of "advantage".

Haven't really seen anyone trying to argue for it or defend it being balanced either. Even high lvl sins sais triple spark in stealth is to OP, and they dont even have the lvl 11 skills to follow up the triple spark yet.

Will still be able to kill people very easy, even if spark knocks you out of stealth. Might have to use Occult Ice a bit more tho to keep target locked in place since triple spark has a few sec casting time.
  • brownflamer
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Im not surprised they're considering this. Even the developers here said it gives them to much of "advantage".

Haven't really seen anyone trying to argue for it or defend it being balanced either. Even high lvl sins sais triple spark in stealth is to OP, and they dont even have the lvl 11 skills to follow up the triple spark yet.

Will still be able to kill people very easy, even if spark knocks you out of stealth. Might have to use Occult Ice a bit more tho to keep target locked in place since triple spark has a few sec casting time.

Yeah...if they nurf the triple spark...It'll make things a bit easier for other classes...but I wouldn't hang my hopes on the "possibility" that it will get nurfed......cause maybe they won't do it
  • Zack_Lonhart - Raging Tide
    Zack_Lonhart - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    demon/sage spark+power dash+wolf emblem=HELL YEAH
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lmao they talking about nurfing spark in stealth????!!!!????!?!?!?!

Well I want them to Nurf:

Veno **** Pets

Bms Long Stuns

Wizards Earth Barrier

Barbarians armor break

Clerics Plume Shell

and last but not least Archers Wings of Grace

If we are on the QQing subjectb:chuckle
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lmao they talking about nurfing spark in stealth????!!!!????!?!?!?!

Well I want them to Nurf:

Veno **** Petsjust bleed on nix

Bms Long Stunsvacuity/absolute domain it, this takes skill to pull of as a bm, unlike sins which take zero skill to spark and 1shot, any idiot can pull it off.

Wizards Earth Barrierwhat about it?

Barbarians armor breakno comment, i dont know about barbs

Clerics Plume Shellits our only defense against a class such as yourself + all other classes except psychics, kite til its gone or dd through it

and last but not least Archers Wings of Gracegood defensive skill while it lasts, nothing wrong with it

If we are on the QQing subjectb:chuckle

^ all of that is preventable or is possible to get around, sins 3 sparking while u cant see them coming, followed by an almost guarunteed 1shot is in its' own category.
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yea nurf my earth barrier cus we all know I have like this outragous high Pdef to begin with and totally am getting such an amazingly overpowered buff there.

Dont you have an easy enough time killing my class already.

PS why mages cant kill sins. is easy

what you said earlier about if ppl would RUN then you have trouble using your combos
    well guess what jokers I HAVE TO STAND STILL TO CAST

bascially meaning, im screwed XD
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I should accept a 5% reduction in my earth defense?

b:cry b:chuckle

Anyways, if my armor is really a problem for you, you can always do what assassins that have problems with me do: they keep calling in friends until they get enough that they can kill me.

Sounds like Harshlands, yep. Luckily kiting is pretty effective here since no one really knows how to PvP outside of a few people.

I'm glad to see you levelling BTW, my cleric finally hit 80. We should totally FC soon haha.
  • sweetjamie
    sweetjamie Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    like archers hitting robies 5times with sparkcrits from somewhere before you even realized they were there?b:bye

You should press T.
  • brownflamer
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sweetjamie wrote: »
    You should press T.

^this

It's a habit for me(used to be...since I quit)
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yup, T should become a good friend of yours if you want to pvp alot.

I do think they should nurf 3 spark by making it cancel stealth, pretty OP to be able to use 3 sparks on some1 all the time without having a chance to run from it.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    T and minimap are a paranoid veno's BFFs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is the first game that I have played that allows skills to be used while you are stealthed. And yes I meant stealthed, not "invisible", since assassins have stealth, not invisibility.
  • RedHawkShade - Lost City
    RedHawkShade - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You cant use skills while in stealth. You can only use "buffs"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Since are are buffs not skills? b:question
  • RedHawkShade - Lost City
    RedHawkShade - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Since are are buffs not skills? b:question

do i seriously have to spell it out for u? or are u a big boy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Assassins will get nerfed soon, be sure of it. The fact that they can hit incredible hard even 1 shoot people w/o having to spend hundreds of dollars on refines, will not be accepted by PWI.

Like some low 9X sin popped up out of nowhere recently and hit me 4k than 3.5k than he got my nix in his face and went back into invis since i guess he didn't wanna die. But the thing is, i am heavy armor veno and i was fully buffed in foxform i even had BM buffs...meaning i had over 16000 phy defense. The assassin only had a like +4 +5 weapon.

Any un-buffed Arcane or LA user would have been a 1 shoot to this guy with a +4+5 weapon.

I mean not even Archers or Bms with +12 weapons that spent the amount of a sportscar on their character will hit me 4k if im fully buffed in foxform O_O But assassins that dont even cash shop in shiet gear hits way harder due to how their skills are created and the fact that they can spark in stealth - than attack you. So pretty sure PWI wont keep a class that dont require heavy CS - and still hits like a truck, they will adjust it b:surrender