The Draconians [New Race]

124»

Comments

• ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    archers do metal damage too.. but it doesnt look like PW care about the elemental affinity so much anymore.. the earthguard seem to be a mix of elemental skills. If the precedent has been set no reason why Draconians can't have metal, fire and water skills since these seem to fit in with the "dragon" motif

some level 59+ skills based on this mix:

"Sea of the Fire Dragons (SOFD)" - player centred continuous AOE skill (requires spark and eats mana like candy as usual) - looking like hundreds of flying dragons surrounding/defending the player) which does continuous fire damage to all surrounding enemies within 8 meters, while reducing fire resistance by 5% . This would stack up well with Wizards fire skills, archers blazing arrow enhanced skills would get a boost, blazing scarab etc. Fire resistance reduction and damage increase with level.

"Blaze of the Ice Dragons (BOID)" - enemy centred AOE skill (1 spark, mana eater - think magical barrage) - hundreds of crystalline dragons shoot from the ground surrounding the target enemy and reducing water resistance by 10% and inflicting continuous water damage to target and surrounding enemies. Has a chance to cause ice crystals to form in the targets blood slowing them by an 40% percentage. The slow chance and resistance reduction percentages don't change with level but the water damage increases. Casting range also increases with level.

"Dance of a Thousand Scales (DOTS) - AOE Defence skill centered on the player (requires 1 spark) - with a violent spin the player sends wall of razor sharp scales spinning out in all directions, causing all surrounding enemies metal damage and knocking them back random distance up to 15 meters. Metal Damage increases with level.

Now to go back and read the suggestions I have missed ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShylahArista - Dreamweaver
    ShylahArista - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sometimes I wish PW had skill trees like they're doing for Forsaken World. Then players could choose whether to have a fire, metal, or ice Drac. That would be awesome!

You guys have given me some things to think about, but having just woke up, my brain is working about at a snails pace. I'll come back and re-read these when I wake up a little more b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main IGN: Aleithyia - Assassin
    IGN: Assenah - Mystic

pwidreamweaverguilds.weebly.com

etsy.com/shop/ATimeToRememberPhoto
  • EmeraldOcean - Sanctuary
    EmeraldOcean - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I personally really like the Draconian Idea. are you looking for possible alternative names for the race? from what I have read on other posts that is a possible problem with copy writing and all. I will think on other ideas for you... I really like how organized you guys are other suggestions for new races don't have a page where they put there race and everything about it, great job.
  • ShylahArista - Dreamweaver
    ShylahArista - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Goodness, I've been gone for so long, I had to refresh the Draconians in my OWN mind. Been dealing with some health issues, and stopped playing PWI for a while. But due to recent boredom, I'm back! Now to catch up on forum topics.....

@Emerald -
    Draco, Dracon - Latin for Dragon

-ian - Suffix meaning of, relating to, or resembling

Draconian - Of, relating to, or resembling Dragons.

That is where I got the name. I don't think the name alone would be subject to copyright, just because anyone could do what I did and look up the Latin. If I'd copied actual characters (which I didn't lol) then yeah, copyright would probably be an issue.

@Zero -
    I like your ideas for skills! They are very creative. If you've ever watched Bleach, your DOTS skill reminds me of Byakuya's attack b:victory

I'm glad people are still commenting on this class, and still think it's awesome! That makes me happy b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main IGN: Aleithyia - Assassin
    IGN: Assenah - Mystic

pwidreamweaverguilds.weebly.com

etsy.com/shop/ATimeToRememberPhoto
  • uncleblademaster
    uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tghe Dark One...really lol. We don't need another summoner class nonetheless a dragon summoner. Its a cool idea though.

A evil race seems like the logical race to put in after EarthGUARDS. Bringing in the new Dark element type which is unlike any other type. Who aren't summoner's but are melee like BM and pure magic arcane class like Wizard