The Draconians [New Race]

Comments

• ShylahArista - Dreamweaver
    ShylahArista - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just to let everyone know, I am going to be going out of town and won't have access to a computer for approx. 3 - 6 weeks. If anyone else has a suggestion, go ahead and post it, and I'll look at them all when I get back.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main IGN: Aleithyia - Assassin
    IGN: Assenah - Mystic

pwidreamweaverguilds.weebly.com

etsy.com/shop/ATimeToRememberPhoto
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Dragon form sounds really nice, maybe custumization of colour via boutique too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Draconians is from the book series Dragon lance and thats copyright xDXDXD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Draco, Dracon - Latin for Dragon

-ian - Suffix meaning of, relating to, or resembling

Draconian - Of, relating to, or resembling Dragons.

That is where I got the name. Now, if I'd copied the appearance, description, or any other key features from the book, then it'd be copyright. But since I've never even heard of the book series, there's no way I could copy it. XD

PS - I'm back, obviously
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shelaneosin - Sanctuary
    Shelaneosin - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    from my experiance with different games with races like these they had more classes then just 2. they were the healers the long range fighters and the short ranged fighters but a special skill they all have in common is that the breath of the dragon they chose is an important and yet deadly give that they have to have to not only keep them selfs alive but as a defence mechanisim. lol
    edited May 2010
    I've done some minor updates to the Dragonet's description, and also updated the Witch Doctor's skill list. Website is here:

http://draconians.weebly.com/index.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shelaneosin - Sanctuary
    Shelaneosin - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    now i like the female concept art but on classes im not sur about witch doctor i been playing different games and sometimes they are not as good as they appear but i would go and and figure out a another class for them but hey do what u think
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ****!!!!!

SERIOUSLY READ THE DAMN POST DATES BEFORE POSTING IN A THREAD!!!!

Shelaneosin = Stupid necroing idiot.
  • GohanX - Raging Tide
    GohanX - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thank you for necroing(and probably getting locked) a thread me an Shy worked so hard on.

Next time try making a new thread and linking to the old! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    ****!!!!!

SERIOUSLY READ THE DAMN POST DATES BEFORE POSTING IN A THREAD!!!!

Shelaneosin = Stupid necroing idiot.

Actually, this thread is still active as far as I'm concerned. It's only been a month since I last posted, and frankly, I've been sick and haven't worked on the Dracs as much as I want. I've said that anyone with suggestions or ideas can post either here or in the Character Models thread. I'd rather they be posted here though, because that's what this thread was made for.

In my honest opinion, you should learn some manners or forum etiquette. She posted on topic in the thread she was supposed to for a suggestion on this topic. If you'd bothered to look at the Character Models thread, you would know that the Draconians are still being discussed and worked on. I would have come back and posted here anyway, because I am working on -- and have almost finished -- my description of the homeland area. Would you have attacked me and called me names, when this is MY thread, MY idea for a race, and I'M still working on it?

All suggestions and ideas are still welcome, as long as they are constructive and on topic. Yours obviously isn't, and is blatantly rude and uncalled for. Next time you post in this thread, how 'bout you either post something on topic, or just don't post at all?
    now i like the female concept art but on classes im not sur about witch doctor i been playing different games and sometimes they are not as good as they appear but i would go and and figure out a another class for them but hey do what u think

Thank you for the thoughts, and I'm sorry that you had to be attacked when you were posting a suggestion in the right place, like I'd asked. Please ignore the other posters and continue to offer suggestions and ideas here. I still pay attention to it, and until I say so or a mod decides/tells me otherwise, I'll still be following it.

You're right, sometimes classes like the WD aren't very good, but other times, they are awesome. Personally, I think the WD will be the latter. I haven't gotten the class just perfect yet, but I've been working on the homeland description lately. I'll take another look at the classes after that and look at them with a fresh mind.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is still open to ANYONE wanting to post ideas or suggestions for the Draconians. I'm still interested in Character Models or other drawings of things pertaining to the Dracs in the Character Models thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Oh I thought it was a dead thread. Well now that I'm done taking a break from PWI I can help out some more ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Shylah: A thread that has been inactive for over 30 days = dead thread.

If you post in a dead thread it can lead to a possible ban.

That is from the current CM of PWI, frankiraye.

Now, with that I bid this b:bye.
  • GohanX - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Shylah: A thread that has been inactive for over 30 days = dead thread.

If you post in a dead thread it can lead to a possible ban.

That is from the current CM of PWI, frankiraye.

Now, with that I bid this b:bye.
    There have been times when a necro'd thread doesn't get locked. We won't know until this thread is closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    I doubt a mere 7 days over 30 matter to many people. Though apparently it matters to you. Guess you have nothing better to do. I, however, have had things going on with school, things going on in my family, and I've been dealing with a serious medical condition for the past year. I've been working on this race's homeland during the last month, and I would have been posting here in the next couple of days anyway. Shelaneosin beat me to it. So again, until a mod tells me otherwise/closes this thread, it is very much still alive, and I will still post updates as they develop, and still listen to suggestions and ideas as they come.

UPDATE: So while I was working on the homeland description, my f-ing computer decided to something. I don't know what happened, but it froze up, wouldn't let me do anything, and when I went to the task manager to close it, the screen went black. I restarted the computer, went to go back to my work, and my stupid computer has eaten the file. I can't find it anywhere. So now, I have to find my notes (and hope I didn't throw them away) and start all over again --- after I run a virus scan. So the homeland description will be coming later than I thought. Sorry to anyone who is wanting to see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think these idea was pretty good, too bad if it died just like that . . b:surrender

Pretty nice if dev considering making these idea, or at last pub ask dev to give the idea a try. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Necro'd again. Oh well... this idea lives once more! b:laugh

I just don't have anymore ideas for it b:sad
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I give this class idea two thumbs up for the most work and thought put into it.

+ I'm a hardcore D&D book fan b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I just ressu the thread again . . b:laugh
    But it was one of my favorite new race ideas b:laugh it even got original illustrations . .
    Too bad if end just like that . . b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Ogath - Heavens Tear
    Ogath - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i think that all of the people working one race suggestion threads should get together and colaborate.

the draconians remind me of the race i have been working together with other people on for a while, the cursed

though the cursed are more demon like instead of dragon, they have similar appearance, and both of these race use fist weapons like katars

and the nameless race suggestion reminds me of the cursed as well.

to me all 3 of these race suggestor people should get together and make an uber awsome race

edit: lol didnt see joker, here hi joker!!
    new race the cursed.

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132&highlight=cursed

plenty of ideas and lots of support come and help us.
    edited December 2010
    Glad to see you like this idea so much Usagi. I've been too busy irl to work on this. Really the only thing left for me to do is the descriptions of the homeland, I just don't have the time right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zaraxia - Dreamweaver
    Zaraxia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm honestly impressed, this is pretty well thought out. Would love to see PWE put Draconians into the game. Players have been suggesting races for awhile now though, and so far, I haven't seen much response from the other side. Do the developers actually take race ideas into consideration?
  • LampHat - Archosaur
    LampHat - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I based the race off a drawing I did about 5 years ago. Yes, I know PWI needs to work on the TB release bugs before implementing a new race, but I was insanely bored, this was fun for a while, and so here it is.

http://draconians.weebly.com/index.html

Reminds me of Deimos in a game called Arc the Lad twilight of spirits! I love it though and think this is one cool idea!
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Like the Rito of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker? Yes that's a much better idea. Take away the wings right from the start and they'll grow them later. I'll work on greater detail for that Kick of Fury.

how about instead of taking the wings away from the start, when the players are not flying their wings are small, so it doesnt look like they can fly with them from the start, but during the lvl 30 quest they learn to expand them, and thats when they get the flying wings ^^
    edited January 2011
    Good idea, but too hard to pull in this game, since everyone remains where they are in pvp.

Even knockback doesn't.

Lot of effort seen here so far, keep up the good work, honestly I keep getting the mental image of Gouf when I read this.

But hey, I love Draconians, even wrote a (simple) story once with the main character as one.

how about an ability where the character quickly fly's up in the air, and pounces on the target, mabey even causing some splash damage?(aoe)
    edited January 2011
    also wouldnt it make sense that the draconians can transform into mini dragons, or something of the sort, like how barbs and veno's turn to tigers, and foxes. i would really love to fight in that transformed start b:victoryb:victory
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions Kawaii b:cute

I really like the idea of the wings being small to begin with, but a lot of people have said wings are overdone, so what I did was have them transform at the lvl 30 quest. I.E., at lvl 30, they learn how to transform into dragons, and that is essentially their flying mount. But the tiny wings would be an awesome addition to their physical appearance, like it was part of the magic, but they never fully developed. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2011
    that was what i was going for when i thought of thatb:laugh. i personally thought it would be dumb if they had big wings as physical apearance and now fly, or no wings at all soo small wings should do it fine ^^. and i hope the devs accept this idea, since this being the most well thought up classes that i ever seen in suggestion ^^
    edited January 2011
    ive been looking over the skills that the witch doctor class uses and ive noticed that they seem a bit overpowered. one abilitlity that should be toned down a bit is the curse of the dead. that skill pretty much seems like a sin's bloodlust, but more powerfull, even at lvl 60 the bloodlust for sins doesn't drain anymore then 2%, and every lvl up of the kill barely increases the time, mabey by a 1 sec or 2. skills. also given the fact that they are a cursed race, and use black magic, they should have more debuff skills, like an ability to silence target for 10 seconds, or some poison skills. those kind of abilities give more of an impression of black magic, then the lighting abilities. also seeing as this race can heal like a cleric, i think that summoning will be a little too much, especially since the new classes coming out already have a summoner class.
    edited January 2011
    I'm not very good with percents and stuff, b:surrender so I let Gohan do all the stats for me. For me at least, it's just an example of what the skill could do. If the devs ever decided they wanted to implement this race into the game, they can do a better job of balancing the skills than I ever could.

I was gonna have them use more poison attacks, but people kept telling me that venos use poison attacks and that would be too much like them. So I decided to use an lightning as a throwback to the days when the Draconians were only wizards.

As for the summoning, I made all this up before the new race ever came out. (I like my race better lol) I knew that not only the Dragonets, but the Spirit Call skill could potentially become overpowered, like some people think Venos are with their pets. So I gave them handicaps.

For the Dragonets, it's the fact that they don't have their own HP/MP, like the venos pet. Their HP/MP is directly connected to the players. So if the Dragonet dies, so does the player, and vice versa. It would make the player really have to plan strategically if they wanted to use the Dragonet in battle, and not just as a pet.

For Spirit Call, it's the MP drain. Looking at it now, I forgot to add a key part of the skill when I was typing, but it's fixed now. Just keeping the spirit out is going to cost a % of a player's MP every 5 secs. But if the spirit is attacked, the damage is 5% of the players MP as well. If the player wants to keep the spirit out for a long time, they'd have to burn through MP pots. At lower levels, it may not last that long, but as you level up, it will stay out longer.

I haven't talked about the Dracs in a while. This is fun b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2011
    very creative indeed, but isnt lighting considered metal class, because i remember my cleric doign metal skill that had lighting effect, soo either way poison and lightning both are kinda based popular for the other classes. mabey instead of using 1 elemental kind of skill to best fit the class we could have them be more of a fire class, with many skills that damage hp over time (all elemental types) so a poison skill slowly damaging hp, fire skill doing same, and so on and so forth, because draining skills are kinda like a curse since damage is done keeps occuring over time. that will make the classes skills more unique in the fact that they have mainly set of damage over time skills
    ( i know what i said isnt well thought out in structure, kinda lazy with this post XD)