The Draconians [New Race]

Comments

• ShylahArista - Dreamweaver
    ShylahArista - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Nah, I was thinking that Evolution was just what the quest was named, not how they upgraded the wings. They'd get them the same way everyone else does, and then have variations in the cash shop. The quest could be named something different, but having Kick of Fury replace Gale Wind would probably be a good idea. Some people may get mad if there were two races that could immediately fly b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main IGN: Aleithyia - Assassin
    IGN: Assenah - Mystic

pwidreamweaverguilds.weebly.com

etsy.com/shop/ATimeToRememberPhoto
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think dragon wings would make anyone jealous regardless.b:shocked I know I would be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    GohanX - Dreamweaver Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okay I have replaced Gale Wind on the skill tree

And yes I'm sure the clerics and archers would be quite upset if another class could fly so soon. I did say a skill would be needed to use the wings and would be learned later but this is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    lmao, I've always loved dragons and paranormal creatures. BTW, I really enjoyed reading about your Cursed race. Actually, I have a lot of time on my hands right now, and after reading yours, I wondered if I could make one based off that drawing of mine. I was extremely bored lol. I look forward to reading more about the Cursed.

BTW GohanX, would you mind setting up a skill tree for the Witch Doctors too? You're much better at the statistical aspect of this than I am lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I will try but magic isn't my forte. That's why my class is always a melee.

Also, new skill idea for the fighters. A fiery punch as part of the Flames of Dragon Soul line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jokerxdude
    edited March 2010
    Thanks. We finally got a good weapon for the Specter's. It would be the first caster class with ammunition. You know how voodo and all use items for their magic so it makes sense =).

I love the dragon idea. I hope they don't rage you for the wing part.

I have a question about the summoning dragons. Would it be only for air or all of the above? And it may be over powered because someone can uber refine to give their pet wicked health. Also it may be underpowered if the master has crappy health. Perhaps give it a base like a normal pet and just have it grow with each level the master does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I wrote the dragon summon the way I did because I was trying as hard as I could not to borrow from venos too much. We could link the HP further however. Instead of it having it's own HP, when it get's attacked you take the damage. That way it's too risky to use in pvp so nobody will complain, and a great advantage as a DD in pve, making killing non aoe bosses a bit less troubling and everyone would love that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jokerxdude
    edited March 2010
    So it just auto attacks and you can't command it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    No there should be a command bar like a veno pet. If your on pve server and have blue name there would be no harm in having it out just as decoration. For that you would need a command bar so that you could tell it to simply follow you not attack.

EDIT: Having a slight problem with the Spirit Call skill. Mana drain to keep it out is fair but there's a problem here. I'm going to have to make it mimic the Dragon Summon a bit, because 50+ mana per second would bee too much a burden, but less than that and people could have it out all the time bypassing the mana drain completely using powders. No point in mana drain so I'll just get rid of that.

Ok I've fixed the Spirit Call a bit. When the spirit is attacked you lose mana as if it were the spirit's HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Skill tree done for Witch Doctors. its on the same page just scroll down.

http://gohanx.bravehost.com/skill%20tree.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    I wrote the dragon summon the way I did because I was trying as hard as I could not to borrow from venos too much. We could link the HP further however. Instead of it having it's own HP, when it get's attacked you take the damage. That way it's too risky to use in pvp so nobody will complain, and a great advantage as a DD in pve, making killing non aoe bosses a bit less troubling and everyone would love that.

I'm still not certain that Summon Dragon should be a Fighter skill. I think it'd be more suited to the Witch Doctors since the skill sounds more magical in nature.

GohanX, nice job on the Witch Doctor skill tree. Just a few things I want to ask about:
    1) I wrote Blood Curse to be a poison attack, because it's a plague. I know veno's already have this, so do you think I need to change the plague aspect of it to something else? Or keep it as poison?

2) On Lifeblood Offering, if the percentage goes up over time, it will quickly get to where WD's have little to no HP left after casting. Since HP goes up a small amount as you level, wouldn't it be better to keep it at a fixed percentage, even if it's a little higher? (I am seriously not good with percentages, so correct me if I'm wrong b:surrender)

I've been working on this most of the day, so I wanted to share it before I go to bed. I drew the picture about 5 days ago, but hadn't colored it in, so I put it on my computer and worked with it in Photoshop, to try and give it a little depth and personality. This one was drawn with sais, but that's too close to Assassins. So just picture it without them and call it a fighter lol.
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p181/DreamcatcherOSS/Stuff/DraconianGold.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    On the Lifeblood Offering you raise a good point. I did not think about that. I'll change it to something else, as soon as I can think of something that would increase with the skill level. On the Blood Curse I disagree with you. Am I correct in saying the Draconians were created from a group of people of the wizard class? That's what I gather from the background story. The Wizard class is of elemental masters. So of course the Witch Doctors should have a good grip on different elemental spells.

EDIT: I couldn't think of an angle for an HP recovery skill that wouldn't use up all the Witch Doctor's limited HP. So I thought I'd change it to something unique. An instantaneous MP replenishing skill that you can use on other players. The only skill that recovers MP of friendly targets is a cleric buff and isn't as good as powders. And it is troublesome when a squad member runs out of MP, especially the cleric, so I think this would be a better idea.

There are two ways it could work, each having a good side and bad side.

1) WD has 1000 MP. WD has level 2 MP skill. Target receives 210 MP.

This way the target recieves as much as the WD gives, however magic type classes have high MP, and the class isn't made yet. there's is no predicting the potential of the skill and some may say it is overpowered.

2) WD has level 1 MP skill. Target has 100 MP. Target receives 20 MP regardless of the WD's total MP.

This way, in many cases the WD gives more MP than the target receives, and they would likely complain about that. However it would not be OP.

Both ways someone is going to complain. We'll just have to make the right decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Right, so Blood Curse should probably be changed from a plague to something different, but I can't think of anything on that front. Maybe the whole skill should be scrapped and changed to something different, but I can't think of anything there yet either.

I like the Mystic Offering, and I like that it's at lvl 19. I think that's a good idea. Having WD's assist the clerics would probably help them out a lot. And I'm sure they'd love it if it saves even a little money on pots and powders lol.

I've been thinking about Lifeblood Offering, and I've figured out a way it may work. Especially if Mystic Offering is lvl 19 and Lifeblood Offering is lvl 29 or so. Keep Lifeblood similar to what it was, the WD sacrifices a % of their HP to heal a friendly, but instead of for the same amount, have it be a specific number or %. The latter number will be the one that increases with skill level. So, if Lifeblood's description was:

Lifeblood Offering
    Sacrifice 25% of your HP to heal a friendly target for 200 points. Increase friendly's heal amount by 50 per skill level.

Example: A WD has 1000 HP. Sacrifice 25% of that (250) to raise a friendly cleric's by 200. WD levels up, now has 1500 HP. Sacrifices 25% of that (375) to raise a friendly cleric's by 250.

Or you could do:

Lifeblood Offering
    Sacrifice 25% of your HP to heal a friendly target 15% of their HP. Increase friendly's heal amount by 5% per skill level.

Example: A WD has 1000 HP. Sacrifice 25% of that (250) to heal a friendly cleric. Cleric has 1500 HP total and 500 HP left in the battle. Heal for 15% of the total (225) and bring their HP to 725.
    WD levels up, now has 1500 HP. Sacrifices 25% of that (375) to heal a friendly cleric. Cleric has 1500 total and 500 HP left in the battle. Heal for 20% of the total (300) and bring their HP up to 800.

I think I like the second example better than the first. If you maxed the first example, you'd only be healing for 500 max points. Even if you max the second example at lvl 10, and the cleric had 1500 HP total and 500 left, you'd be healing for 65% of the total (975) and would bring it up to 1475. The cleric could heal the group and the WD could heal the cleric if need be. And it really wouldn't be overpowered because you have to sacrifice so much HP yourself to heal one person.

I'm only using 25% of the WD's HP as an example, it could be a higher number. Probably 25-50%, but not over half, or the WD would be too vulnerable to attacks. I think it would give a small edge to the WD and make them want to be played more. Right now everyone's wanting to play the Fighter, but I haven't heard much about the WD. Mystic Offering and Lifeblood Offering as complimentary skills would be a good thing for the WD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    So basically you're saying that the WD sacrafices HP but not all of the HP that is tributed is given to target, and the amount the target receives is what levels up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Right. Basically, the WD is gaining power in that area. They don't have to sacrifice any more of their own HP, but they can heal a friendly for more HP as they level the skill.

Oh, and I made a new website just for the Draconians. I kept getting lost trying to update everything on the PWI Dreamweaver Guild List. So the new website for the Dracs is
    http://draconians.weebly.com/index.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Lol the Witch Doctor skill page was double posted, must've read the paste as a double click or something.

And nice description on the Lifeblood Offering(why didn't I think of that @_@)

Well, I'll keep coming with ideas on new skills and stuff. If we can complete all the details about the class except the coding they'll be more likely to implement it.

EDIT: The fiery punch skill and horn skill I thought of awhile back is done, what you think?

Infernal Strike
    Learned at level 49
    Strike your opponent with a fist engulfed in flames.
    Deals base physical damage + 10% of weapon damage as Fire damage.

Horn Bash
    Learned at level 39
    Slam your horns into you're opponent.
    Deals base physical damage +30% of weapon damage, goes up by 1% per skill level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Oops lol. I fixed the page. Forgot to delete it as I was working with it.

It'd be awesome if they really did implement this. I've only got a small problem with the Infernal Strike. The description for Tail Whip is almost identical. Tail Whip is "Deals Base damage +10% of weapon damage increasing by 5% per skill level." For a level 49 skill, I think it should be either more damage, or some kind of different effect that none of the other skills have.

Horn Bash sounds alright. I've been thinking up a slash skill using their claws, with some kind of bleed damage. Maybe instead of claws, Horn Bash can do bleed over time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Now that I look you're right. Is this better?

Infernal Strike
    Learned at level 49
    Strike your opponent with a fist engulfed in flames.
    Deals base physical damage + 40% of weapon damage as Fire damage, increasing 5% per skill level.

Horn Bash
    Learned at level 39
    Slam your horns into you're opponent.
    Deals base physical damage. Deals 30% of base physical damage over time, goes up by 1% per skill level.

Also, just an idea to for an ulti, haven't worked out all the details yet. The Fighter leaps high into the air and comes down at great speed, landing a punch to the head. I call it Meteor Punch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    That sounds better. I like the Meteor Punch idea too. The Fighter is coming along nicely. Poor WD is lagging behind lol. I'll try to come up with some more WD skills later today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Lol yeah. The WD would have more skills but like I said, magic is not my forteb:surrender. I have no problem putting the stats on a magic skill, but you'll have to come up with the idea for the skill first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Okay, so I've got some ideas for the WD. I figure Thunderbolt could take the place of Blood Curse. Tell me what you think.

Acceleration
    Reduce casting time by x%

Elemental Intensification
    Increase elemental damage done to an enemy by x%.

Cloudburst
    Hex your enemies and force them to withstand a lightning storm. Does base damage plus x% to all foes within x meters.

Thunderbolt
    Summon a bolt of lightning to strike down your foe. Does metal damage over time. Lasts x seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Okay I'll work on the statistical aspects on those a bit.

But we really should think a bit more about location. We have so much on the characters, but all we have on location is "the mountains", and that says nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As for a dragon race. If that does ever happen, the starting town should be west of Land of Burning Heart. >:]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Actually me Shylah discussed it and we beleive that it should be somewhere north of the area indicated by the box in this image

1) The indicated area does has volcanism.

2) The Draconians evolved from a group of humans and it's unlikely that they would stray as far from home as Burning Heart just because they changed.

However if you have counterexamples or something please do let us know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Did some updates on the Dracs. Now have a description of the pets and mounts. Check it out.

http://draconians.weebly.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dragonscare - Sanctuary
    Dragonscare - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    the new race sounds fantastic i love the story b:pleased if it does happen it would be wonderful in fact it would be my main b:pleased
    to me it would be wonderful if it came through. congratz on such wonderful story btw
    b:victory
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    EDIT: Having a slight problem with the Spirit Call skill. Mana drain to keep it out is fair but there's a problem here. I'm going to have to make it mimic the Dragon Summon a bit, because 50+ mana per second would bee too much a burden, but less than that and people could have it out all the time bypassing the mana drain completely using powders. No point in mana drain so I'll just get rid of that.

How about instead of Mana drain - chi drain.. so you need to keep fighting to have spirit dragon out.. if you stop fighting and your chi runs out - no dragon spirit.. how does that work for folks?

Look of Draconians:

And I was messing about earlier and came up with these ideas for the look of the Draconians based on your request and the description. Hope you both don't mind i took a few liberties - more along the line of expanding on the snake look theme..

Base Model - No Textures
    Base Texture - "White theme"

Some Alternate Themes
    Blue
    Gold
    Green
    Purple
    Red

And a take on the Base Fashion/Underwear - Ripped Material left over from the what they managed to salvage when they were turned - or scraps of material they have picked up along the way - but worn only out of respect to other races moralities.. so simple draped cloth
    Base Fashion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
    edited March 2010
    @Dragonscare
    Thanks so much. I really only wrote it because I was bored silly, but now that people are really getting into it, and I see how many people like it, I really want to work on it more and hopefully get it implemented after the Tideborn errors are fixed.

@Shulkie
    The only problem I see with using chi drain over what we have now is that if you kill one monster with the spirit out, you'd have to immediately start fighting another or it'll drain all your chi. Then you wouldn't have any when you start fighting next.

I like your adaptation of the race. Would you mind if I put your Base Fashion drawing up on the website?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Bear in mind at higher levels your spirit could be pretty powerful - it needs to have a harsh price to use - like having to use a spark to set up an aoe. The drain would be pretty small to begin with say 4 chi every minute out of combat and 4 chi every 30 seconds in battle. As you level the amount of chi required could level also.

with regards to the pics - sure add away ;)

Did a quickie of what the lvl30 starter wings could look like, kinda link bloodmist in the boutique but fitting the Draconians more. Perhaps they could be coded similar to the new hair models that pick up on your existing hair or skin color.

Now with Wings :p

I do like the idea of turning into different types of dragons but I can't see PWI investing that sort of development - perhaps the dragon form could be a limited time skill -

Dragonform - take on the form of a dragon for 60 seconds. Requirement 1 spark. Increased Physical Defence and Fire Resistance. Increased Speed (on ground and in the air)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Rofl we have no idea what will work for the flying. We thought about transforming into dragons, using a skill instead of aerogear, wings, having an aura around the character for aerogear, and riding on the backs of dragons.

A skill instead of aerogear, unless you need a boutique scroll to upgrade it, it won't work. Wings are overdone, 2 races already have them and nobody is happy about it. And riding on the back of ANY living creature is taken.

Not a whole lot of ideas left out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]