The Cursed [New Race]

Comments

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh surez. Should I say veno tamable pet and NH tamable pet over some of them? Or are we not allowing the taming and just give the NHs pets from NPC?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh yeah, noting which ones are tame-able for venos would be nice. And about the NHs, if we're now completely in that tank/DD thing, I think they shouldn't be able to get any other pets besides those "legendary" cashshop pets and the ones they get at certain levels after completing a quest.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    sounds good. maybe a full skill list. I think maybe NH pets could have gear that you can make and you get one from fb's too.
    And now that i see it, im not too sure about teh blindfold thing.... I dunno, thought it was like a sling kinda thing like david an goliath(reference to christian bible, if you don't know it pay no attention then) but i mean i thought they'd like swing in it.
    I think maybe a glove sort of thing with maybe strings hanging from it would be fine. Basically you'd wear the glove and when in combat mode the hangings strings would be floating upwards with the soul fragments. then you'd sort of throw your hand and one? fragment would fly out with the spell surrounding it or wtv, the action would correspond with the skill though i guess but yea.
    Another idea could be that the ss could use psy weapon and vice versa. Maybe assassin can use like one or too of NH weapons(obviously the smaller dex ones) and NH use daggers. Maybe spiked nunchuks the Assassin could use, and i mean with skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
    edited May 2010
    sounds good. maybe a full skill list. I think maybe NH pets could have gear that you can make and you get one from fb's too.
    And now that i see it, im not too sure about teh blindfold thing.... I dunno, thought it was like a sling kinda thing like david an goliath(reference to christian bible, if you don't know it pay no attention then) but i mean i thought they'd like swing in it.
    I think maybe a glove sort of thing with maybe strings hanging from it would be fine. Basically you'd wear the glove and when in combat mode the hangings strings would be floating upwards with the soul fragments. then you'd sort of throw your hand and one? fragment would fly out with the spell surrounding it or wtv, the action would correspond with the skill though i guess but yea.
    Another idea could be that the ss could use psy weapon and vice versa. Maybe assassin can use like one or too of NH weapons(obviously the smaller dex ones) and NH use daggers. Maybe spiked nunchuks the Assassin could use, and i mean with skills.

That was the ideaz but kitty couldnt draw the strings attached to the girl.b:sad And Iz forgot thee glovesb:cry
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Ooooohhhhh
    Well alls good, about the blind fold though....
    wouldn't that just cover the eyes and stuff hiding customizations...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Ooooohhhhh
    Well alls good, about the blind fold though....
    wouldn't that just cover the eyes and stuff hiding customizations...

Well yeah, but think of it, thats a new generation type weapon! I'm pretty sure no other MMO has that feature... n cmon, who needs eyes at all? XD Blindfolds can look pretty awesome.

I really like the idea of letting NHs give stuff like armour/special collars/auras/etc. to their pets... but I'm not quite sure what other people would think of that. Wouldn't many venos (and other classes) QQ about this? D: But on the other hand, NHs don't have much choice in pets, so equipment for their pets would make them more unique and that way it's fair.
    Maybe the gear increases HP, defense etc. a bit (like the useless genie gear).

Hm... well... why only give benefits to TBs D::/ Since all other races can't use TB weapons, TBs shouldnt be able to wear Cursed weapons. My opinion.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    No I mean that only cursed can use tb weapon and tb use cursed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    bump D:

I haz no one to talk to >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
    edited May 2010
    RaWrness! =^.^=
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    XD what else should we do for this...
    Joker needs to come back add in what we thought of so far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Hmpf, indeed... so far we've done I good job, I guess. *hands out cookies*

So yeah, how's the weather today?
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    O.o have we finally ran out of things to discuss.
    Hmmm, make skill list perhaps?
    Oh Nh speed would be like 5.0
    and SS speed would just be 4.8 but like when they possess something they get that mobs speed.
    Maybe SS could have a curse where a mob or someone in pk targeted, takes some of the dmg that the SS recieves. Doesn't have to be the atker.

And its nice and sunny over here b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Ugh, right... but somehow I'm to lazy to start with skill lists...

And yay movementspeed.

*complains* It's so warm... and the stupid sun shines here as well... *wishes for a snowstorm*
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    O.o you want snow storm
    Well i'll never know what thats like as long as i live in teh Caribbean. Its just sun or rain over here... Talk about heat there, imagine heat here >.>

On topic: Joker needs to update his post....
    can't go very far till what we've decided have been added in.
    The shields shouldn't just be shields, should be more deadly looking, like with spikes and stuff so it wouldn't just seem blunt.

I think it would be cool If Jyg Nh actually had a charge, knockback skill. It would be like a speed skill but with the jygen in front. And so you'd charge pushing the mob back until the move stops i guess. Would be helpful in a party.

It would be nice if you don't need dex for jygens at all, or maybe at least a comparatively smaller amount to get the same accuracy. So that you would be able to get str builds and vit builds without sacrificing much.

And based on my ideas, you could have at least 4 different playing styles for Nh. All varying with build and your own creativity.
    Jyg Nh with pet(defense mode) - more versatility, squad based
    Jyg Nh (without pet, defense mode or not) - balanced
    Jin Nh with pet (rage mode) - more balanced dd
    Jin Nh without pet ( rage mode or not) - More raw power, least defence

Think I'll put together some skills for Nh and SS later
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Caribbean :O Cooolio :D

Anyway you're pretty right, gonna keep that stuff in mind. But about minority of dex... dunno about that. But hey, sure it could be that way, I'd play a dex build tho. *dreams of Jinen Nh with pet and high critical hit rate... deadly hunter...*
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    haha

Well it doesn't matter to me as long as its balanced, id go jyg personally, with a shield so as long as the dmg of the shield compensates the sacrificed points on dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • SpearXSpear - Heavens Tear
    SpearXSpear - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    spell similar to shadow priests in wow
    yeah. maybe a spell like shadow priests in wow like disease and stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TIDEBORN AND UNTAMED RULE.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010

:O

That was so on-topic it seemed like being off-topic to me O.O (kidding...)

But yeah, yes ... wait shadow priest + disease? o_o Warlock? Anyway SS get DoTs, too.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Yes Id suspect ss would have curses and stuff. including confusions and stuff like that.

BTW : Can you see my avatar or is it just me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Shadow priests? Was I really that close to WOW?
    O.O I haven't even played that game nor looked at it at all unless in commercials.

And I can't see your avatar, Chrono.

Also we need a better place to store all this info. The first page has had it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • jokerxdude
    edited May 2010
    WB SILVY b:laugh

I haz it now. For NH you'd have the Jygen path and the lighter weapon path (Jinen?).
    Jyg NH would have a Defence stance/mode, where they can only do certain skills for defence stance and a slower normal atk. They'd have def related buffs and aoe shields skills. Eg. a huge aura(like the normal meditation) that is around the Jyg NH and all party members under it and each member will have a aura light up around them every now and again like bb/rb. dmg they recieve is reduced by a % Phy, or mag or both depending on which one used. costs same as bb/rb.

Lets not totally blow-off barbarians. xD
    I like the idea of two paths though. Jins get their own branch while the others branch of as well. The Jins will have agrro skills and the defense booster however the pet gets in the way so is said. I propose a sacrifice of pet. Since they are a pet master type class, I say the type of pet will be sacrificed for damage and/or defense.

Take a herc for example. If the master switches to Defense Form, the defense of the herc gets added onto the master's defense.

Master's defense: 5k
    Pet's defense: 7k
    After defense button is pressed-
    Master's defense: 12k

With every leveled Defense Form skill makes the defense higher by the pet's defense.
    So an equation can be: NH's def + (pet's def*#%)

Jin NH would have a Rage/atk mode. Where they get access to rage skills and they're atk speed is increased but defence is reduced, and they are faster. They will have an aoe increase atk or atk speed buff, a huge aura like circle is on the ground and any party members in it will have an increase to atk. and each member will have an aura light up around them every now and again like bb/rb. costs the same as BB/rb.

Let's not give them more forms. I know a lot of people would bich and complain about it. I'm a bit confused a bit. A run skill is ok, because I would say defense mode would make them slower.

Increase in attack is sweet, but maybe give this to the SS. They need a helper skill along with their curses and debuffs.

SS would be the ones with the wraith summons. They would have a normal pet at first but after sacrificing a spark, it would transform with wraithyness lol and then BE ABLE to atk.(Not really sure about this part). Can be self canceled. After which it would take another spark to put it in atk mode again. I has its own skills you can teach it too. like veno pet. Can be healed and rezed by veno's and vice versa. If it dies, then you have to spark it again. same pet heals and rez as veno.

Pets are with the melee class this time not arcane.

Then they'd have another skill where they can take control of a mob but overshadowing it in the wraith state. Basically, the SS would be standing behind the mob, looking invisi like a sin with strings attached to the mob. And the mob control would drain away from chi overtime. When chi is finished or move canceled, the mob will die and and you'll still be in wraith state. If the mob dies however, you'll lose a % of you hp and mp and be knocked out of wraith state. You can only control a mob your lvl or lower and it can't be a boss or miniboss. Controlled mob haz its own moves and 1/or more moves depending on skill lvl. (at least one is aoe). can be healed by veno obviously not revived lol)
    Eg. SS lvl 60 controls a lvl 60 mob, uses mob till kill another mob. press skill to cancel control. Both mobs die, SS left in wraith mode with mp running out.

That would be complexed to do. Every single monster they have to give skills to control with. And it would be a very deadly weapon in pk. Draining chi from a mob and making it your own chi.

Spent more than a hr thinking and typing this.. b:sad

Fireballs are fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • Wolfsters - Heavens Tear
    Wolfsters - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i like the idea but what i'm thinking is that the mounts need to be different instead of having them all pulling there masters behind them maybe something to ride on?
    b:victoryb:laughb:laughb:victory

join the new cursed race

you'll love it

i would put a url in but it wont let me
  • jokerxdude
    edited May 2010
    You mean saddle on? Or stand on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Well the corrected version of what you have above is:

Jyg Nh - This skill base has defense mode and i more defense based. Jyg weapons have high magic and phy def as a weapon, but all together Jyg Nh has less than a barbs' phy def of course but they would be better at tanking than bm's. Skills include(tentative names) :
    Shield of Phy def
    Reduces the phy dmg taken of all squad member in the vicinity of this moves aoe. Works like a cleric's bb except uses chi and Jyg Nh has to be in def mode, and has as much movement etc as def mode allows. Only one this type of skill can be used at a time.

There would be other shield skills like this. There would also be a lasting aoe buff that increases phy and mag def.
    Also as Silvy said b4,there could be a passive skill that allows Jyg Nh in def mode to get an amount of chi for each hit taken. Jyg Nh's would have the aggro skill as the tank.

Jin Nh - This skill base has rage mode and is more atk based. They also have a skill like cleric's bb, but it increases phy and mag atk. and maybe on with atk speed. This would be their only skill adding mag atk. and of course jin nh has to be in rage mode. And a lasting but that increases aoe buff that increases atk speed(melee only).They short buffs that increases atk or atk speed or crit rate or wtv, that can be used in succession but not at the same time while in rage mode, they do not interrupt atks(not aoe).

So Jyg Nh's would be tanks in def mode, better with mag mobs than barb but less hp and worse with phys mobs. And Jin Nh's would be dd's, more squishy than bm in rage mode, but less than sin. With an atk power nearby.
    Running speed of Nh is 5 normally, 4 in def mode and 5.2 in rage mode(not sure about those speeds). And they have a spinting move like bm or sin for normal mode.

And Joker i don't quite understand what you said about pets, but im not sure is quite right. Because a Jyg Nh in def mode, would have pet for atk. Unless your saying pet would be in normal mode O.o. Explain that for me...

Now unto SS
    Skills:
    Wraith state - same as Joker mentioned.
    Wraith Overshadow - same mob possession as i mentioned b4.
    Empowerment - aoe buff increasing magic casting times and channeling.
    Bad luck - small chance that target has gets a negative status of those that mobs may
    have (weak etc).
    Confusion, poison and other curses, and same skills you meantioned b4.

That's about it. got a comment or wanna change something here, tell me and i'll edit it.
    As for another place for this info, fansite. The 1st page never haz enough btw >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    So... much... to read... and understand at the same time.... :O xD

Gonna pick out everything what I'm not that convinced and quote that:
    So Jyg Nh's would be tanks in def mode, better with mag mobs than barb but less hp and worse with phys mobs. And Jin Nh's would be dd's, more squishy than bm in rage mode, but less than sin. With an atk power nearby.

Hm... Jyg NHs worse with phys mobs? D: That doesn't sound well. And squishy Jin NHs? Mh.. dunno...

With the rest I'm okay.... I think.

i like the idea but what i'm thinking is that the mounts need to be different instead of having them all pulling there masters behind them maybe something to ride on?

*coughs* Got the same opinion. Still I'm for morphes...^^
    But stand on beasts is already taken, saddle on would be pointless since the Cursed can't fight sitting, can they?

And about a place to store our stuff... either another fanpage or so like Chrono mentioned or... post for every part of the Cursed a new thread in the suggestion box *evilgrin* That would **** so many people off, I'm sure :D Especially all those haters of new race suggestions...
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Lol Silvy, ppl would complain alot...

Jin Nh's would not really be squishy, just more squishy than bm. They just have a bit less def than bm's. Only time they are a bit squishy is rage mode, w/o a pet.

Jyg Nh's would just be a little worse again't physical mobs than barbs. Because tiger barbs have high def and high hp, while Jyg Nh wouldn't have as much. PLus you don't want them to just be better than barbs and replace them...

You know how like you have barbs are best tank for most things, and then like bh 59 you use a caster cause of mag def. Well Jyg Nh would just the tank for all situations. They be just good enough to tank it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • jokerxdude
    edited May 2010
    I'm a bit confused myself now lol.

Alright, from what I was saying. Remember before we have it so the pet only attacks when the master's taking heavy damage a.k.a. health going low. When in defense form the pet say turns into a spirit and increases the NH defense power by its defense. So no one would complain about them in pvp if they run around in defense form all the time. No pet would come to their aid.

I believe they should be still weak against magic not the strength monsters. Though have better magical defense than a blademaster.

The aoe damage reduction is great, but that plus the reflection and cleric buffs and aura bell, that would be a pain in the neck to fight against in pvp. Yes, I know sparks, but they can spam that power. I just don't want to make them OP. Give them a mighty weakness to balance it. Or at least a cooldown time. Something like a heavy chi eater.

As for mounts, I'm sorry. b:surrender

And why do I get the feeling we've been had? b:cry http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=3791
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Evil stealer PWE... but well... makes Vampires much more attractive (future FW/vampire player...^^)

True, we don't want the Cursed to be as OP as TBs are... and right about AoE buffs... no need for giving NHs and SS the same buffs like clerics, bms and so on have. (Thats why I stick to critical hit aura + dmg reduction// mana increase aura)

EDIT:

LOL have you read those CB skills for FW?? That's what I call WoW/WC3 TFT rip-off much o_O
    and they stole so many of our ideas D: -> mana increase aura (for mage)... Sacre bleu...
  • jokerxdude
    edited May 2010
    Funny how they have that wand I said in the beginning for the class. Oh well, they have assassian there. They can cope with a vampire-like race here. And it seems they're a hit over ther.b:thanks

Oh and please tell me if I'm missing anything. This looks so much better than going on the first page and scrolling: http://thcursed.weebly.com/

Now we know exactly what we're missing and what we have. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Good job :D Gonna bookmark the page ^.^
This discussion has been closed.