The Cursed [New Race]

Comments

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    jokerxdude wrote: »
    Funny how they have that wand I said in the beginning for the class. Oh well, they have assassian there. They can cope with a vampire-like race here. And it seems they're a hit over ther.b:thanks

Oh and please tell me if I'm missing anything. This looks so much better than going on the first page and scrolling: http://thcursed.weebly.com/

Now we know exactly what we're missing and what we have. =)

Nice layout. Colors look fitting. And the skilld look awesome. The Protector skill can really come in handy actually if NH is about to die he passes his defense over to the cleric or SS and gives them etra time to revive. Or passes it over to the back-up tank.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Nice Site 1stly
    Dunno about the pets idea because, it wouldn't work out well for the pet to only be able to be summoned when health is low, so i think you should set it differently.

Btw, Jygen is the group of the bigger str based and focused weapons. Like the armblades and shields, fans and Boomerang.

And Jinen is the group of smaller dex based or focused weapons. Jinen : whip and dual whip, nunchuks.

I was thinking of limiting the 'Defence' tree to Jygen weapons and the 'Rage' tree to Jinen weapons. That seems good? Jyg NH and Jin NH, sounds nice right?

And im not quite sure how the blindfold works as a weapon.
    but remember the gloves as weapons any maybe magic guns? all using the same ammo.

And remember the skill for SS i made earlier where you possess a mob while in the wraith state.

They take control of a mob by overshadowing it in the wraith state. Basically, the SS would be standing behind the mob, lin wraith stat with strings attached to the mob. And the mob control would drain away from chi overtime. When chi is finished or move canceled, the mob will die and and you'll still be in wraith state. If the mob dies however, you'll lose a % of you hp and mp and be knocked out of wraith state. You can only control a mob your lvl or lower and it can't be a boss or miniboss. You will have some preset standard moves the same for all the mobs, and you can learn more? depending on skill lvl. can be healed by veno but obviously not revived lol
    Eg. SS lvl 60 controls a lvl 60 mob, uses mob to kill another mob and re-presses skill to cancel control. Both mobs die, SS left in wraith mode.

Can be quite useful to tank for a bit, then abandon ship if things get risky lol. You coud even change it so that instead, you'd actually be copying the mob and not possesing it. like this, when hit you'd lose hp, not the mob. Copying the mob would take a while as if your capturing it like a veno. And it wouldn't drain chi. It would just cost some chi or maybe 1 or 2 sparks. You could even have it as too different skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Really like how the race is coming along.

I'll see what I can do to help with introductory quests, and maybe some special case monsters. I might also see if i can help you create full skill tree's.

By full i mean Lvl 1 - Lvl 100 skills. Since it seems you only have a certain number on there. ^^
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    we would be grateful for your help

Heres how you would organize the skills for Nh Joker.

You'd have the skills open to any weapon: support skills and atks for the normal mode

And you'd have a the Jin(rage) tree and the Jyg(def) tree
    The Jin tree would have skill pertaining to Jinens only and only useable in rage mode.
    While the Jyg tree would be jygens and def mode only.
    And so you'd have Jygen mastery and Jinen Mastery.

As for pets, based on your idea Joker, pets would only be useable in normal mode and stats would be 'sacrificed' or added when you switch mode. The condition for pet summoning would have to be changed though for the reason I stated b4.

So check these ideas, Sacrifice a % of both hp and mp to allow pet to atk? and I think venos should be able to heal and revive the Nh pets and vice versa. That would make them work together.

As for the aoe buffs for NH. I think its already nerfed enough because in pvp, take a Jyg with the phy def shield aoe buff for instance. They would have to be in def mode, and while they might be getting back chi from blocking, they can't use other powerful and key moves as they would require chi, so using the move would mean giving up the buff. Therefore evening it out again.

Hmm since, Jyg Nh would get chi back from blocking, what about jin Nh. Would they get it back by dodging? or would the passive buff just increase chi gained from atking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    bleh....x.x

I'll see what I can come up with based on what he's shown on the site he created, and use that towards how I make the skills.

Because creativity is very useful, but restrictions on it make it practical >.>
    edited May 2010
    Taking from Silvy's history story, npcs like Cursed Traveler should be somewhere in Arch or outside of Arch. Maybe near the Elder. He should be the one to talk to after talking to the Elder of arch to get a wayppoint to the cursed area.

For the quest like the lochmurs, there should be Scouts. Scouts will act like the Lochmurs, providing quests such as gathering materials (since the Cursed are losing supplies).

There should be another public quest just because. But like a massive wraith boss (like nien beast now ^^)

Messengers will be stationed in the main cities: Lost, Plume, and Ether to give waypoints to Arch so lower levels talk to the Arch Elder.

Duke Blacke can actually be helpful for a change and gives you coords to an npc who currently needs help (Cursed Explorer scattered over the word). All quests would be randomized for each hour. And if you did one, you can't do another that day. New Daily. Item can be a box that gives a gem, exp, spirit or rep.

And Lol to the two NPCs that are quite obvous that we didnt put... b:chuckle NH Trainer and SS Trainer.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Good stuff, Kitten! But do we really need another chain quest like TB's Lochmurs? I mean, assuming that the Cursed Quest Chain has almost the same rewards, wouldn't that make the game even more casual and easy? Anyway, that cursed q chain should start at higher levels, I don't think another level boost at 50+ would be good... Maybe the chain could be for 80+ people (considering that leveling nowadays is kinda easy. . . ThX to hyper stones, oracles and other stuff.)
    and I think venos should be able to heal and revive the Nh pets and vice versa. That would make them work together.
    Healing, maybe. But not reviving... :/

And btw, weren't the str weapons originally called "Jygean"? o-o

Skills and stuff are becoming more and more confusing lol...
    edited May 2010
    Ya, I just called the weapon jygan so it includes large weapons XD
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    I dunno i just try to add more stuff, you ppl know the orignal names >.>

Oh and not all of us charge zen and by not all i mean me.... So leveling ain't that easy.
    I need to update my sig, but I doubt i can find that pic back...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    I dunno i just try to add more stuff, you ppl know the orignal names >.>

Oh and not all of us charge zen and by not all i mean me.... So leveling ain't that easy.
    I need to update my sig, but I doubt i can find that pic back...

Well okay, not that easy to level, but hey, even without cash-shopping there is BH and TB chain and such...
    edited May 2010
    Well okay, not that easy to level, but hey, even without cash-shopping there is BH and TB chain and such...

I haven't done BH since level 90 and CS since 80ish rofl. I'm going for 105 without cashshop help. Alittle quest that invovles action with no need for squading wouldn't hurt. =3. And I think PWE is giving out levels and stuff so they can get alot of players 105 so they can raise the cap.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    moar quests could never hurt, plus moar end game material....
    Im lvl 70 and even I know that pw need moar end game material....

If your wondering why months have passed and im still lvl 70?
    Its cause i haven''t played pw in a while even though im on the forums...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    And I think PWE is giving out levels and stuff so they can get alot of players 105 so they can raise the cap.

Ugh raising the cap? I definitely quit before xD

If your wondering why months have passed and im still lvl 70?
    Its cause i haven''t played pw in a while even though im on the forums...

^^ When Im online Im either doing BHs or WQ (while reading mangas) otherwise... the game bores me :/ And I had reached the status that the forums are much more interesting and fun... well my current view of the forums is that it's getting boring, too... x.x
    I really hope FW will be better ... otherwise, well GW2 sounds awesome if they can keep all their promises.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Yea i hope FW will be good, but from the look so of it, the combat is a bit lacking in terms of the simple things. As for GW2, not gonna happen for me cause i frankly just don't spend money on games....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Yea i hope FW will be good, but from the look so of it, the combat is a bit lacking in terms of the simple things. As for GW2, not gonna happen for me cause i frankly just don't spend money on games....

Well true, but at least FW is F2P ^^ Hope it won't get destroyed as PWI got... :(
    And GW2 gonna cost probably like 40$ and doesn't even charge monthly fees, isn't that a good thing? If it's really going to be that awesome, WoW will be history xD
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    yea, all thats left is to wait on FW. You know which other one is great? **** Awesome, graphics awesome gameplay, every about that game is great ..... except the cost and subscription crazy expensive..... thats why i'll never play it -__-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
    edited June 2010
    Sorry but I'm not going to another game of PWE after PW. FW looks like a disappointment waiting to happen for me.

Anyways, sand foxes sound good for veno pet?
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Yaay sand foxes! And yeah... somehow all the games of PWE get stuck in greed some point in time...

And Chrono, what game do ya mean?
    edited June 2010
    You tried the other ones?

Wraiths

-Sand Fox (Veno)
    -Worms
    -Rattlesnakes
    -Ravens (Veno)
    -Beatles (Hercules biggy biggy ones)
    -Stone statues
    -Sand Crawler (Skeleton zombie dudes)
    -Llamas (Veno)b:laugh
    -Spirit dolls (Shadow Specters' messed up magic)
    -Hallows (Pale possesed beings made of black bone)
    -Mosqitoes
    -Possessed Caskets (Shadow Specters' messed up magic)
    -Ant lion
    -Fire Ant
    -Fire Gryphons
    -Cactus Cat (Cat with thorns covering its body) (Veno)
    -Unicorn Lolz
    -Piper (Mini-boss summons snakes)
    -Bull Spirit
    -Snake Spirit
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    "Tried" ... well I was participating in JD CB, BoI CB... but from the blog posts which are sometimes on the PWE site ... it seems those games are also very cash shop related...

And lol the mobs xD Cactus cat rofl... xD

And one thing:

Chaaaaaaaaaaaarliiiieeee lets go to candy mountain! Candy mountain yaaay
    edited June 2010
    What? It's the dessert. We can haz cactus mobsb:chuckle

Aww, that sucks. JD looked like another version of PW. I was going to try that first, but I said nah.

lolbqq Charlie the Unicorn. XD Those two unicorns are hilarious! Poor Charlie got his kidney stolen XP
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    He sacrificed his kidney for a good deed! xD For the snowmenz teehee
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Candy Mountain.... That was funneh...

And right ... no naming of other games on the forums... tey blocked it out D:

But if you type in 'The tower of eternity' in google, you'll find it. It's super expensive game though, thats it's one draw back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Ugh THIS game...I still have 2 t-shirts from the gamescom and the games convention b:cute
    but they rly screwed that game up in some ways...
  • Morath - Harshlands
    Morath - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    OK GUYS i have posted links to many different forum topics up on till the cash shop huddle maybe one if u guys can do the community bit lets spread the word
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    OK GUYS i have posted links to many different forum topics up on till the cash shop huddle maybe one if u guys can do the community bit lets spread the word

By spamming the forum, everyone will now think this thread is a waste of time cuz some ignorant person (im being kind) spammed everything.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Dude,those areas of the forums aren't supposed to be filled with that ****.You're just gonna make everyone think this is some noob joke.
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:shockedI didn't even have to go to Suggestions Forum to get here.

Thank you, Morath for trying to help spread the word, but spamming is bannable. Don't want you to get banned for a suggestion's sake.

And I have a treat for you all later.b:mischievous

BTW, got good footage and better music on that PW Anime. Blank is doing his animation magic using the concept arts. b:happy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Holy **** :O Someone rly rly rly tried hard to advertise the Cursed O.O

Anyway... uhm as Joker said thanks Morath, but next time better keep the advertisement to a minimum... a forum signature should be enough as well ^.^

By spamming the forum, everyone will now think this thread is a waste of time cuz some ignorant person (im being kind) spammed everything.

Ah well, I don't think so. People forget things easily, so this shouldn't matter for us.
    And basically it's not even necessary for the Cursed that people read everything here. It's enough that we are here I think.

EDIT: btw Joker, what about adding the URL of the cursed page to the first page?
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Yay for two posts in a row. . . sorry for that, but I was too lazy to edit my previous post since the following should have a post for itself.

Well, so I decided to "draw" the area of the Cursed - the map. It's not that cool, since it's pretty rough-drawn... well not even quite drawn... But anyway I'm pretty proud to present you the map of the Cursed territory!

P.S.: Sorry that...

a) it's hand-written with my uber bad handwriting.
    b) it's only a photograph since I don't have a scanner (my Da does, but I didn't want him to scan this somehow b:shocked).
    c) it's so small and confusing.
    d) there are 3 pictures (overall one, upper one, lower one)
    e) I changed some stuff and added other things (really sorry guys, hope you won't mind)

Here are the screenies:

The Cursed Map Overall

The Cursed Map Upper Half

The Cursed Map Lower Half

For those who can't read the lower half, it says (adding more information + descriptions):
    0.) The whole territory is called "Whispering Sands"
    1.) Starting area: The Dunes
    2.) Capital city of the Cursed: City of Utopia (with a pyramid in the middle ^.^)
    3.) First town: Sandstorm Village | Area around: Valley of Fallen Dreams
    4.) Second town: The Hideout (a small hideout near the beach "Sunken Hopes" surrounded by rocks) | Area: Sunken Hopes (beach)
    5.) Third town: Barrow Cemetery | Area: Cursed Orchard
    6.) FB19 Areal: Area: Pang Gu's Hatred (a canyon leading to the FB entrance)
    FB19: Yin Yang Realm
    7.) Sandfalls (mountain) (the sand which rains down the mountain pollutes the lake below)
    Spoilt Lake
    8.) Moonlights Mirror (lake above the waterfall, on one side of the plateau of the canyon sides)
    9.) Streams of Light (great lake below the Waterfall of Fallen Dreams, the water flows to One Thousand Streams)

That's it basically, hope everything is fine.
This discussion has been closed.