The Cursed [New Race]

Comments

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Mmmm fishies. Makes me hungry for seafood.b:chuckle I thought it was just their unchanging faces and odd skin color >.>. Oh and the fact you can't really edit them. Fishies can't haz beardz XD
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hmm.. i wonder if this will be implemented.. nao.. for customationz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
    edited April 2010
    hmm.. i wonder if this will be implemented.. nao.. for customationz

2nd last page, Gripp. joker set it up. Oh and I will start the race drawing after Hunter's veno is finished editted and colored. ^^

Edit: hmm, I thought their eyes could go red? The color range is yellow to orange >.>
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited April 2010
    kayy thx... imma think of sum ideas at work 2day

• jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ops, I did mean red. Thanks, Kitten. Thank you all. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Are black and white eye colours included in the range of yellow to red? D:
    edited April 2010
    Good question. It can. Start with white then go yellow, orange, red, dark red, black.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Good, good then^^
  • RubyFleur - Heavens Tear
    RubyFleur - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am beginning to like this race more and more... b:victory
  • jokerxdude
    edited April 2010
    Oh, I was thinking just the yellow, orange, and red colors. I guess it would be better for the whole line white to black with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
    edited April 2010
    yess joker that wud be soo much better

• Tweedledy - Raging Tide
    Tweedledy - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i guess u thought off everything, that really cool i just wish the tideborn would have new thing as well like for girl make up...anyway i like the idea can wait to actually see it!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    i guess u thought off everything, that really cool i just wish the tideborn would have new thing as well like for girl make up...anyway i like the idea can wait to actually see it!

Thanks, but we didnt think of EVERYthing 'til now ;) There's still a lot of work to do, right, fellows? Gonna check for quests soon (have some initial ones and some mobs/tameable pets (also rare pets ^.^) written down yet)
  • jokerxdude
    edited April 2010
    Awww, thanks joker ^.^ Just trying my best :D

The Cursed will be the coolest race ever, I'm pretty sure b:victory

rofl, llama mount xD

What about an ostrich mount? That's classic ^^

Or a sand beetle...

And as a tameable pet...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1070/531826509_15425b82c5.jpg

That's a must-have :*

Ah well, gotta brainstorm more l8r :D
    That looks evil and cool at the same time. Innocently evil?
    Woah woah, 101 posts?! This is the most immortal and long-living race suggestion thread ever :D

Ah well, I almost forgot, I wanted to post my skill suggestions for the Shadow Specter...
    Hope I don't bother anyone with my spam-like giant posts D:

Anyway, I'll keep it short :)

Note: Some of my skill layouts are related to joker's skills, and I did my skill tree in school, so I couldnt match them to his skill set.

Skill tree:

First Branch: Attack Skills:

-Pull Strings (Initial skill, pure damage) Hmm, Pulling Strings is an AOE immobolizer. Maybe a later skill not initial. Basically we want a regular damage skill like all the other races. Perhaps mimicing the wizard/cleric's initial skills.
    -AoE skills

-Puppet Dance (AoE, immobilizes enemies) Heh. Looking at this, it can be an evolved form of Pull Strings. You're good. =D

-Vision (AoE knock back of enemies)

-HP-Drain

-DoT Curse

-Obsess (controls enemy, controlled one attacks other mobs/friends) I'm slightly confused with this skill. I just need a brief explanation of it.

-Puppet Master Mastery (<- god, love that one xD) Lol. Increases magic attack would be great or critic so they won't necessarly have to go dex build for that one skill.

Second Branch: Heal/Support Branch:

-Lv. 59 Replenish Mana (refills mana of target/ not oneself (?), Cooldown 10 minutes)

-Heal Skill (Critical heal) I think it best for the soul fragments to give increase in dex so magic power won't be lost.

-Chain Heal (Lv. 29; jumps up to X times, every jump decreases amount of HP healed) That sounds cool though devs&programmers may have trouble with it.

-AoE Purify (read a thread about the fact, that clerics should have AoE purify, thought would be very appreciated ;))

-Sacrifice (resurrects other player, costs hp/mp)

Third Branch: Buff + Debuff Skills:

-Lv. 59 Mana Aura (increases mana regeneration, increases mana pool (!)

-Cripple (Debuff, reduces atk speed) Cute =)

-Curse (Debuff, increases channeling speed of enemies) I dear hope you mean reduce D=

-Lv. 79 True Personality (turns into a vampire beast, -> deals melee damage, leeches hp every successful critical strike; lasts 2minutes) Hmm.. maybe give this to the Night Hunters since they are melee dex/heavy class. This class already has Wraith State. PErhaps morph this to arcane.

-Lv. 79 Vanish (disappears out of combat) I can see QQing if this happens. Perhaps gie it a time limit.

-Cut Wrists (//wrists lmao; sacrifices hp for mp) Lol. As said before, just change the name ;)

-Lv. 100 Astral Dimension (self-buff; very low hp + phys/mag def., constant high damage with minor chance of getting aggro => 50% chance to draw aggro = instant death; skills have a 60% chance of not to use mana) Instant death? Ouch...

-Lv. 100 Astral Form (max. speed for X seconds) Run, Specter! Run!

That's it. Not that much as Night Hunters though. Hope those skills aren't that overpowered :/

Very well made. Just a few things questionable.b:victory
    Thanks and lol, I just realised that critical heal really requires dex o_o
    But wait, Shadow Specters would have sort of LA build with less points in str since they won't (shouldn't) wear LA ... hmmm so yeah, dex + mag. Would differentiate that healer class from clerics :D

There are some LA clerics, but I don't know ther status. I think keep them arcane but give them lots of dex boosts.b:surrender They do need lots of hp if they're going to sacrifice so much of it and points in dex would just eat away from vit.

I say priority is magic, vit, then dex, and last str. It is possible for dex but look how much you're giving for regular dex gear. It would make your health like a venos (seeming they pour all points in magic). Ok, that was stereotypical. Not all venos. But you see it would make the hp low. And bosses' aoes do not help that. They need a large mana pool and vit pool. Dex can be third priority or not.

Dex priority:

mag 4
    dex 4
    vit 1
    str 1
    for evey 2 levels.

We want something like:

mag 4
    vit 3
    dex 2
    str 1
    Every 2 levels or

mag 6
    vit 2
    dex 1
    str 1

Though we can stay in the middle but dex armor and magic armor req. is high demand. So you want as much as you can get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Hmm, thinking of that, you're pretty right about the Specters being a not dex-specific build.

Skill explanations:
    -Obsess (controls enemy, controlled one attacks other mobs/friends) I'm slightly confused with this skill. I just need a brief explanation of it.

The Specter targets a single mob, this mob is under the Specter's control then for some seconds and automatically attacks other surrounding mobs or players (if in PK mode). Best use in fights against multiple mobs.
    -Puppet Master Mastery (<- god, love that one xD) Lol. Increases magic attack would be great or critic so they won't necessarly have to go dex build for that one skill.
    Let's say, keep it simple and basically like any other class. So improved damage for working with those Puppet Gloves or whatever their weapon is called lol.
    -Heal Skill (Critical heal) I think it best for the soul fragments to give increase in dex so magic power won't be lost.
    Thinking again about that skill, skip that thing about adding dex. So Soul Frags are ONLY for adding damage. Critical heal has it's own critical rate and has nothing to do with common characters critical hit rate. Means every level the critical rate of this skill is raised. Like lvl 1 has a 20% chance to be a critical heal.
    -Chain Heal (Lv. 29; jumps up to X times, every jump decreases amount of HP healed) That sounds cool though devs&programmers may have trouble with it.
    Shouldnt be too hard for them. BTW, that's actually a skill of a Shadow Hunter in wc3 tft. Shamans in a certain (!) game have it, too, I think.
    -Curse (Debuff, increases channeling speed of enemies) I dear hope you mean reduce D=
    Uhm, yeah. Gambled with the meanings of the words xD And I thought increase channeling speed means longer time to cast a skill... or was it decrease channeling speed? D:
    -Lv. 79 True Personality (turns into a vampire beast, -> deals melee damage, leeches hp every successful critical strike; lasts 2minutes) Hmm.. maybe give this to the Night Hunters since they are melee dex/heavy class. This class already has Wraith State. PErhaps morph this to arcane.
    Thought that would make the class slightly different and more interesting. Hadn't Wraith State in mind (<- but that's an unfair skill somehow)
    -Lv. 79 Vanish (disappears out of combat) I can see QQing if this happens. Perhaps gie it a time limit.
    Yeah, of course. This skill also shouldnt work in PvP. Just a way to lose aggro of a mob...
    -Lv. 100 Astral Dimension (self-buff; very low hp + phys/mag def., constant high damage with minor chance of getting aggro => 50% chance to draw aggro = instant death; skills have a 60% chance of not to use mana) Instant death? Ouch...
    Hey, it's a lvl 100 skill. And, no risk no fun ;P
  • jblack896
    jblack896 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    wow very cool
  • Stormmaker - Dreamweaver
    Stormmaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Umm out of the blue question: how exactly is this race gonna fit in once its put into the game[ as in how will they change the game]. also what help will they be in pvp???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thanks dorset for the sig;]

MAH PSYCHIC IS ON THE HONOR ROLL
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey Silvy Char, can i add you as a friend in game? :3 im a lvl 70 sin in sanc.

OK back to business, i know i said i would make a thread but i don't have the time, so here this idea.

A half magical half physical class ( both classes of the race would be like this). For now i will call them "shielders". They would have a shield that would go in the arrows slot. It can be refined and imbueing is a bit different for it. You'd have different stones you can put in it which would cause counter atks, when an atk has been completely shielded( debuffs on them or buffs to you, or just a basic reflect). They would also use perhaps a magic sword or some other weapon(you can come up with ideas). They would be a class that focuses alot on buffs and basically enchanting their gear or using party buffs. They have 2 set modes they can immediately switch from, "Shield/Defence mode and atk mode". In defence mode, well they would have increased defence but slower movement speed, in atk they'd have increased weapon atk and faster movement and atking speed. certain skills will only be limited to activation in a specific mode. Essentially they would mostly be doing normal atks but depending on the array of enchantments they are using, the atks would look different and have different effects. some echantments are non-interrupting insta-cast. but the more party buff type ones are not.

Thats all for now, you can make a thread on this if you want or and it in here, but credit me b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Umm out of the blue question: how exactly is this race gonna fit in once its put into the game[ as in how will they change the game]. also what help will they be in pvp???

It will change the game in this way:
    Since Shadow Specters are mainly a healer class and Night Hunters a tank-able summoner class, they'll make the gameplay in a group easier. Squads won't have to stick to the basics - clerics and barbarians, instead a specter or a night hunter can tag along. There is no more need to be depended on a specific class. And in addition, a new pet master class can be a strong DD with unique skills such as raise critical hit chance and debuffs. And for the specters, they've got a party purify, can heal and DD, too. Those classes will be a great addition to the existing classes and fit in very well.

And for PvP, Specters got the ability to immobilize enemies, got DoTs AND can heal. True not that useful in PvP, though. But that's why there will be demon/sage forms for the skills to improve either PVE or PVP. And Night Hunters? They got a nasty pet. They hit hard. Imagine ninjas with pets. Overkill, huh?

Hope I could answer your questions. ^^

@Chrono
    Lol, sure you can add me xD just pm me ingame/ send me a random friend invite^^ and if you're lucky, then I'm online, too, at that moment :D

Hm, half-mag/half-phys class? Sounds nice. Got the picture of a WoW warrior + a BoI Heretic in my mind now XD Instead of adding that shield into the ammunition spot, just add another equipment slot. That's better^^
    A hybrid-hybrid class, rofl. Enchanter, tank, debuffer/buffer in one class, nice. And about weapons, I wouldnt give them a magic sword, rather a scythe-like staff thingy that goes along with their spiritual power and the shield. But til now, sounds pretty nice your class.
    I'd really suggest you to create your own thread about it someday ^.^
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    @ Silychar
    hah k, if i make one it'd have to be tmoro or some other later date :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Yo guys, lazy as I am, I wrote down some possible mobs for the areas...

I sorted them by level range, starting with the lowest one:

-Dune Worms
    -Desert Ostrichs
    -Sandspiders
    -Ghouls
    -Sand Wraiths
    -Will-o-wisps

Tameable mobs:

-Seasnakes (water)
    -Storm Dragons (land; black mini dragons, with folded wings OR (optional) mini versions of i.g. myriadtail . . .)
    -Fennecs (as mentioned earlier)
    -Vampire Kings (land; similiar to shadow rangers/voodooists, like TB humanoid pets, a human-shaped guy with glowing eyes, a palish face, a crown and a cloak, fights with bare claws OR with a rapier)
    -Pest Swarm (air; swarm of pest flies, pest fog animation/cloudish)
    -Succubus (land; humanoid... succubus . . . additional Incubus *coughs*)

Rare pets:
    -Armored Shadow Wolf (land, black almost astral/foggy wolf with silver bracers at his feet and maybe a collar) Lv. 90
    -Black Dragon (air, not that huge) Lv. 90
    -Goldfish (water. small. very small. and fishy.) Lv. 20

Thought venos could use some more rare pets.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I dunno about the phy class, i think its a bit too much like the others, except for the pets, maybe you can give a mid-range weapon as well, and maybe make the whips be supa whips that go up to 10 metres O.o and no close range dmg reduction. and their weapons could need equal dex and str
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I dunno about the phy class, i think its a bit too much like the others, except for the pets, maybe you can give a mid-range weapon as well, and maybe make the whips be supa whips that go up to 10 metres O.o and no close range dmg reduction. and their weapons could need equal dex and str

10 metres range + no close range penalty = Overkill much? D:
    And yeah, equal dex + str weapons should be fine for the Night Hunters.
    I'd say 3 vit 1 str 1 dex every level for the night hunters and every level they gain like 30+ to mp, so that they still can use their skills... Other opinions?
    edited April 2010
    Yo guys, lazy as I am, I wrote down some possible mobs for the areas...

I sorted them by level range, starting with the lowest one:

-Dune Worms
    -Desert Ostrichs
    -Sandspiders
    -Ghouls
    -Sand Wraiths
    -Will-o-wisps

Tameable mobs:

-Seasnakes (water)
    -Storm Dragons (land; black mini dragons, with folded wings OR (optional) mini versions of i.g. myriadtail . . .)
    -Fennecs (as mentioned earlier)
    -Vampire Kings (land; similiar to shadow rangers/voodooists, like TB humanoid pets, a human-shaped guy with glowing eyes, a palish face, a crown and a cloak, fights with bare claws OR with a rapier)
    -Pest Swarm (air; swarm of pest flies, pest fog animation/cloudish)
    -Succubus (land; humanoid... succubus . . . additional Incubus *coughs*)

Rare pets:
    -Armored Shadow Wolf (land, black almost astral/foggy wolf with silver bracers at his feet and maybe a collar) Lv. 90
    -Black Dragon (air, not that huge) Lv. 90
    -Goldfish (water. small. very small. and fishy.) Lv. 20

Thought venos could use some more rare pets.

I've alwayz wanted to tame those :O with the cursed race.... i'd b able to :OOO

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I've alwayz wanted to tame those :O with the cursed race.... i'd b able to :OOO

:O ^.^

My favs are the shadow wolf and the black dragon :* And the fennec, so cuuuuute :D
  • Stormmaker - Dreamweaver
    Stormmaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    uhoh, sliding off the front page. We need to do something about this. i suggest sticky.b:worried
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thanks dorset for the sig;]

MAH PSYCHIC IS ON THE HONOR ROLL
    edited April 2010
    sticky sticky stick stick!!! paleeeeez

and i totally agree silvy!

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Hm, if they won't sticky this (and I highly doubt they will sticky this ever b:sad, because it would be unfair for other suggestions etc.), maybe we can keep this thread from dying by post at least 1 post every day, without spamming or posting nonsense of course xD

EDIT: As nonsense like this. *coughs*
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Posts nonsense :3 jk lol
    10 metres range + no close range penalty = Overkill much? D:
    And yeah, equal dex + str weapons should be fine for the Night Hunters.
    I'd say 3 vit 1 str 1 dex every level for the night hunters and every level they gain like 30+ to mp, so that they still can use their skills... Other opinions?

i don't think it'd be overkill cause the mob a melee mob would catch them in no time, maybe 2 free hits, and they wouldn't escape magic/ranged mobs. The atk speed of whips would be slower then the fists and daggers but maybe a faster then the swords and stuff. I also think that they should have a lot of aoe's with the whip, they could swing it all around them, or rapid swings for a fan aoe in front of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    We vanished to page 2? O.o :(
    i don't think it'd be overkill cause the mob a melee mob would catch them in no time, maybe 2 free hits, and they wouldn't escape magic/ranged mobs. The atk speed of whips would be slower then the fists and daggers but maybe a faster then the swords and stuff. I also think that they should have a lot of aoe's with the whip, they could swing it all around them, or rapid swings for a fan aoe in front of them.

Hm... I'm still not completely convinced :/ It just would be unfair regarding to other classes if the Night Hunters had a 10 metre attack range. Maybe let's meet in the middle... 5 metres perhaps. Imagine PvP with 10 metre range, Night Hunter against a barbarian or so: NH stands there, deals pretty much damage from 10 metres distance, barb moves "slowly" to the NH, NH continues dealing damage. . . Okay, bad example.
    Slower attack speed sounds fine to me. And about those AoEs, they've got some... but a lot of AoEs would be unfair again, since they've got a companion to help fighting and other classes don't have loads of AoEs, too. (Veno's just have 1 in foxform/2 in normal form at all, and they're beast masters :O)
This discussion has been closed.