If you think PWI is easy now...

12346»

Comments

• _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hate to burst the bubble of those who think that having a 10 person squad would be a bad thing or even kill the game. In fact I know of 1-2 games, that already have this idea and have been using it for quite some time now.

Here's an example, since I can't mention any games on here since PWI only want us to know of PWI and nothing else but a game that was released in september last year has this method:

Group quests: A quest that can only be done in groups and drops/including quest only items can be obtained in group only, quests and drops can only be completed and allocated this way.

Alliance squads: Same as group squads except you can have up to 10-24 ppl in an alliance, suitable for mass pvp, Ie like TW, also very hard instances that a normal squad of 5-6 ppl can't do.

The only reason why I can see this really killing PWI is the fact that a squad of 10 or an alliance squad would only bring TT, FFC and Nirvana run drops in dispute. Some ppl may even end up with nothing if thats the case, however that problem can be countered IF and only if the Devs Increase drops via instances so everybody gets something OR b4 entering any said instance, bring in a new npc that will allow a group or Alliance instance, ie:

Group TT run: x1 normal drops as PWI has always done.
    Alliance TT run: x2/3 normal drops to accomodate all players
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hopefully things end up working out here....

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Group quests: A quest that can only be done in groups and drops/including quest only items can be obtained in group only, quests and drops can only be completed and allocated this way.

Alliance squads: Same as group squads except you can have up to 10-24 ppl in an alliance, suitable for mass pvp, Ie like TW, also very hard instances that a normal squad of 5-6 ppl can't do.

The only reason why I can see this really killing PWI is the fact that a squad of 10 or an alliance squad would only bring TT, FFC and Nirvana run drops in dispute. Some ppl may even end up with nothing if thats the case, however that problem can be countered IF and only if the Devs Increase drops via instances so everybody gets something OR b4 entering any said instance, bring in a new npc that will allow a group or Alliance instance, ie:

Group TT run: x1 normal drops as PWI has always done.
    Alliance TT run: x2/3 normal drops to accomodate all players

I think that is a decent idea to make up for the squad distributions. If the TT runs are still going to be the same though, with increased drop rate, I have a feeling lots more venos are going to be willing to run squad solo b:shocked