If you think PWI is easy now...

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I predict that people aren't going to do TT with 10 people even if this does happen. Why?

How many drops do you end up getting after distribution between 6 people? Now imagine 10. Pfft, **** that, if we can do it with 6, why do it with more?

b:sad Some squad do it with only 4 people or less . . b:cry

I am agree on 10 spot on squad, mean 2 more new class and 1 new race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:sad Some squad do it with only 4 people or less . . b:cry
    My point exactly.

The reason I'd like this.....uber fast BH's.

Oh, and easy **** rebirth b:laugh
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Most TT's I go have 2~4 members. Running with 10 will also mean splitting loot 10-ways.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A squad can make an agreement beforehand as to how many people they want. I really don't think it changes anything. If PvE is as easy as people claim, then having 10 people will just make it go faster.

Also, lol @ people crying over exp loss in FC...some seem to have forgotten but if hyper exp didn't come around, you'd be getting even LESS exp. We still have it as easy exp. Nowadays I only run FC in hopes that the god of daggers would pity me and spare a set of Ghost Cry Thorns that I can graciously use for my Assassin anyway. b:dirty

I for one welcome the change. Number of squad members is always optional. Having more people in a squad = more social interaction. I've played games with large squad pools, and I absolutely loved having all kinds of unique insane people in a party.

But I think it would be cooler if they could adjust difficulty of mobs and drop rates in instances according to the number of players in the squad.
  • Black_Ghost - Heavens Tear
    Black_Ghost - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:thanksi hope this means more drops from raids b:lipcurl but i doubt it
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    NICE!b:dirty I always wanted the squads capacity to b greater then jus 6, especially for TW and pvp b:pleased
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1 barb 2 BM 1 cleric 6 archers = lol rebirth

They MUST make rebirth harder or it'll be too easy =.=
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hmm better try gamma fast before this hits...kinda wanted to try one of the only difficult instances left

gonna laugh when people wine fb's with a full 10 man squad i mean 2 clerics each takes 1 tank and 3 DD = 2 squads running instance at once

gratz 69 is doable in 30 mins or less now w/o wineb:chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I just realised that FB99 trophy modes will probably become doable now. That at least sounds fun.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Zerg rush FTW b:chuckle
    Packs World International
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ohhh my God.

I'm done for unless there's at least another Cleric in a squad. Goodbye attacking, hello heal-bot for 9 people.

b:surrender

You can always tell the squad lder to get another cleric in another rpg I play we have 8 in a party.

This would sure help lower the cost of wine with 10 in a squad.You don't need 10 ppl to Tt so why fill the squad window.I wish they would move it to the right side as well.

I wouldn't go speculating that game is going to go down from this and who knows when it get here.I think as reading from the translated text is that they are wanting to see 10vs 10 PK teams.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    *Refuses to do TT with 10 peeps*

Mat share will be very low, lol.

*Also refuses to do TT3-1 w/ more then 3*
    I wish they would move it to the right side as well.

Im at school atm, so cant check but isnt that already possible?
    I know theres alot of windows move-able.. just cant remember if the squad window is too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    *Refuses to do TT with 10 peeps*

Mat share will be very low, lol.

*Also refuses to do TT3-1 w/ more then 3*

You don't have to being 90 soloing is the way to go is in it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You don't have to being 90 soloing is the way to go is in it.

Yea I can solo it. But I like to do squad runs to help people, and soloing is very lonely D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    With 6 people squad there's at least some kind of competition to get into it . Good reputation , proven skills , etc . With 10 people squad , 4 failzors will get a chance to do their bh with decent squad instead of teaming up with other failzors .
    Cleric opinion : In 10 ppl squad I'll have to focking SCROLL through squad tab to monitor party member's health -_- I see a lot of deaths in future ...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Everyone saying these 10 people squad will make many fail squad.

These mean . . it actually make pwi harder ? b:shocked

Ohh . . i will prepare my genie holy path, second wind / ToP, absolute domain, expel,
    event food & pot, emergency bronze hp charm, and GA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    U all QQ about a good thing, think about wines cost, less repairs, bhs much more faster, and the noob dont neeed to spam to do theyr fbs and 202020 , and about TT runs they will take half the time with this so do it with ur guild dayly or every weak and split the mats after...

This is a good thing but u ppl always se bad sides when something comes out...b:angry
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    With 6 people squad there's at least some kind of competition to get into it . Good reputation , proven skills , etc . With 10 people squad , 4 failzors will get a chance to do their bh with decent squad instead of teaming up with other failzors .
    Cleric opinion : In 10 ppl squad I'll have to focking SCROLL through squad tab to monitor party member's health -_- I see a lot of deaths in future ...

U dumb cleric with 4 more dds in pt u dont have to heal that much in mobs cause they will die faster, so its bassicly the same only faster dahhhhh
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    U all QQ about a good thing, think about wines cost, less repairs, bhs much more faster, and the noob dont neeed to spam to do theyr fbs and 202020 , and about TT runs they will take half the time with this so do it with ur guild dayly or every weak and split the mats after...

This is a good thing but u ppl always se bad sides when something comes out...b:angry

Forums of most all games are seldom anything more than a QQ fest now a days. Rarely do you ever see people post anything they are happy about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think instances will get harder if we get 10-man squads. However, there only a few ways how to do it:

1) Make the mobs and bosses harder (more HP, def, attack)
    2) More mobs (normal ones as well as walkers)
    3) Don't allow 10-man squads in TT/any instance

The first one is actually the best idea. The only problem is that if an AA user aggroes a mob, the death comes very fast. Bad thing if it happens to Cleric. Not to mention that fail players will cause more squad wipes (if cleric doesn't have enough healing power or barb doesn't have enough HP/p. def). The second thing is just plain stupid. And third one doesn't change anything.

It's not like I don't like this. 10-man squads are cool, as long as the instances aren't getting too easy. And I don't mind deaths, as long as it's not me, tank or cleric dieing b:victory
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • DragonPyre - Raging Tide
    DragonPyre - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Making bosses harder or whatever will make it even worse to find/form a squad.
    If they expand they should just go till 8. The extra space is nice, but 10 is just overkill.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    omfg, i rofled so hard at the translated page, ah gotta love your engrish. Anyway, this change wont affect anything, people will still play this game the same they always did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gyonax - Heavens Tear
    Gyonax - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A GM there made a post saying basically that the difficulty level in some instances will be adjusted, some instances will still be limited to six people, and it will be some time before this feature is enabled.

Link is in Chinese again.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1525819&extra=page%3D11
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okay, so once people figure out the optimal size of parties for different TTs, frost, and lunar, this change largely becomes irrelevant for them. We get a bit larger groups for group PvP, but aren't people already doing this for the most part through factions? It sounds like Rebirth is likely to be one of the places where they don't allow larger size parties (too hard to revamp it to scale difficulty). I don't know about Warsong (wouldn't this mess up the whole dynamic of each person having to win their part of the instance - never tried it myself so not sure).

All in all, it looks to me like the biggest difference is in BH runs. Everyone will want a 10-man squad to drive the wine shares lower That painful 60K wine share just became 36K (and maybe BH69 gets run more without wine), but the wait to fill up a squad just became twice as long. Great.

I really hope this is not part of the "major content package" Frankie talked about for this spring.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'd take complaint at people saying this will make things "Easier".

It will make things faster. But apart from a few timed bosses it'll still be down to the same main-tank+healer and what they can manage, whilst everyone else pours on the damage.

More people won't actually make most instances any easier. It'll be nice for faction runs though, all too often we're stuck with too many people for one run and not enough tanks/clerics for two.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I am speechless....

Wouldn't this be overkill for TT and FF?

Or am I thinking wrong? lol

It would be great for BHs and stuff... but its going to **** off lots of DDs during TT runs... there is not going to be enough mats to go around.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'd take complaint at people saying this will make things "Easier".

It will make things faster. But apart from a few timed bosses it'll still be down to the same main-tank+healer and what they can manage, whilst everyone else pours on the damage.

More people won't actually make most instances any easier. It'll be nice for faction runs though, all too often we're stuck with too many people for one run and not enough tanks/clerics for two.

Most people will agree with me when I say that faster means easier. And I really hope we get new content in few months. But no new classes, anything else is fine. I would settle even with one new mid-level and high-level dungeon and some new mobs + weapons from those instances.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It would be great for BHs and stuff... but its going to **** off lots of DDs during TT runs... there is not going to be enough mats to go around.

Lots of DDs don't do random TT runs at all because the common practice for loot division already discourages them. I don't see anyone getting any more pissed off than that.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well 10 people in a squad could be useful for clearing things such as frost faster. and the more runs that are possible. making all sorts of items easier to get.

actually it wont be useful...ye ull do ur bh and fc faster but..................................what about coins? if u do ur bh with 10 ppl and if boss drop a really cool mold that cost more then 2mil?if the squad is with 6 ppl the chance to be urs is bigger like lets say 10% and if the squad is with 10ppl the chance will be like 1% or smt and that isnt good for u >.> u need to be really lucky ...

btw:
    makeing stuff easyer=low cost price=no mnoney for you b:bye
    Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    actually it wont be useful...ye ull do ur bh and fc faster but..................................what about coins? if u do ur bh with 10 ppl and if boss drop a really cool mold that cost more then 2mil?if the squad is with 6 ppl the chance to be urs is bigger like lets say 10% and if the squad is with 10ppl the chance will be like 1% or smt and that isnt good for u >.> u need to be really lucky ...

Either way everyone will have the same chance as you, just like now.
    And isn't the "random" setting not based on chance? idk
    seems like i get nothing anyway in random squads but i really dont mind.

umm.. well let's see we know there wont be any 10 man rb's, hh's and fc's. (well the possibility is high, they seem like the type of instances who should stay the same)

but getting a 10 man squad for a bh sounds like it's gonna be a mission in itself, and if the bh instances get tougher than we might not have a choice. b:surrender