PSYCHIC better than barb as TW tank?? o.O

13»

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    There's like 4 different classes that can purge a barb.

Invoke, Tiger form, and Ironguard are all unpurgeable. They should be able to catch solid shield, though. But then you have ToP/true emptiness/etc as backup.

Point is, a good barb should last at least 30-50 seconds even with all the odds stacked against him @ the crystal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    R9 +12 psychics go down from 1 triple spark + will surge from an archer.

Barbs can at least survive with invoke, an unpurge-able buff. And genies are better build for tanking with solid shield, etc.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Whats the point of necroing this? Noone seriously thinks 100 defense levels means you're invulnerable any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol Dan did you forget that psychic's buffs can't be purged, lost on death, or even removed until their duration is up b:chuckle ?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As this is a funny post, and wasn't closed, I think I'll just up my post count here :o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    +1 post count!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Whats the point of necroing this? Noone seriously thinks 100 defense levels means you're invulnerable any more.

Sorry Asterelle, Fuzzy must have been too busy reading your self-serving posts about "getting 103" the hard way to close this one down. Poor fail barb must have been distracted.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011

it amuses the panda?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    And now a potential war of words between forum-goers? This thread gets better by the minute :D
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol Dan did you forget that psychic's buffs can't be purged, lost on death, or even removed until their duration is up b:chuckle ?

No I didn't forget, what I mean is invoke is an unpurge-able damage reducing buff. I mentioned earlier that a triple sparked archer with will surge on would easily roll a full +12 r9 psychic lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited July 2011
    it amuses the panda?

Indeed it does b:laugh
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No. No. and No. will not work at all . psy or sin aoe make sin pop out . psy you need all to mag not vit. or dex or str. psy will be to weak to fight. it would be like a lvl 40 mob hitting a lvl 100 barb. this is not rightb:shutup
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    No I didn't forget, what I mean is invoke is an unpurge-able damage reducing buff. I mentioned earlier that a triple sparked archer with will surge on would easily roll a full +12 r9 psychic lol.

Yeah, but if a psychic has SoV on and has a seriously epic Soulforce amount, the majority of the dmg they recieve will be sent back, and i've watched archers, sins, bm's, wizzys, and about every other class (excluding mystic and seeker, since I rarely see any of them PK'ing) one-shot themselves via reflect on a psychic b:laugh

Then again, if a archer manages a crit hit with a R9 bow or something...and it one-shots the psychic then yeah the reflect wouldn't mena much, but still you get my point :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, but if a psychic has SoV on and has a seriously epic Soulforce amount, the majority of the dmg they recieve will be sent back

Does this somehow negate a vit build barb in squad with a good cleric sitting on a crystal who is able to cycle IG, ToP, Invoke, AD, etc with 20-30+k hp...
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Does this somehow negate a vit build barb in squad with a good cleric sitting on a crystal who is able to cycle IG, ToP, Invoke, AD, etc with 20-30+k hp...

Not really, but my thing is that the barb has to sit there and keep switching between **** to stay alive

meanwhile this psychic who is tanking can have a cleirc re-buffing them every time they get purged from them (from the air) and then just keep sitting on the crystal letting other's killing themselves on reflect, while at the same time using their AoE's to drop people left and right.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sorry Asterelle, Fuzzy must have been too busy reading your self-serving posts about "getting 103" the hard way to close this one down. Poor fail barb must have been distracted.

I'm not sure why you're attacking me personally but it's not very appropriate from a forum mod. I was directing my comment to the person that knowingly chose to necro a long dead discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Are you capable of posting an intelligent reply without insulting someone at least once in a thread?

Close the thread and act like a mod ffs.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    hm 2010...

In short they wont be better.

Barbs have way more health and phys defence than a psy could ever dream off. 20k+ health psy anyone? Nah didn't think so b:chuckle.

lvl105, np
    +12? common
    http://pwcalc.com/b1a2c5e2da531b2c
    having fun with pwcalc :o
    this psy would suck
    i like potato
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited July 2011
    meanwhile this psychic who is tanking can have a cleirc re-buffing them every time they get purged from them (from the air) and then just keep sitting on the crystal letting other's killing themselves on reflect, while at the same time using their AoE's to drop people left and right.

Did Fuzzy miss something? A barb sitting on the crystal can't have a cleric to rebuff or a veno to throw bramble back? Does that somehow make a Psy in white voodoo to stay alive allow them to pull a cata with more effectiveness than a barb?

As much as people like to profess the OP'ness of aps, when it comes to TW, no if's, and's or but's, a true barb is who you want behind your catapult and to even pretend or insinuate any different is not just an insult to Fuzzy and every other barb. It speaks volumes that someone wouldn't understand this.

PVE? Barbs are buff monkeys? Sorry, are you able to round up every instance,wined or not, in a few pulls? Fuzzy is sick of people thinking the panda's class isn't useful at end-game, or TW. Is it better to take a couple aps folk who can burn an instance mob by mob, or do you want an true tank to gather em up, 1/2 an instance at a time so the everyone can unleash their full aoe potential?

Do you imagine its better to have a 1-2k hp char pull your cata just because they have a reflect skill in TW?

If you imagine so, you been running with the wrong barbs. ..

Or perhaps you just need to go spend more time in FC....

TW have some fail class pull cata and think because they can reflect a little bit an get a heal here and there they are better than a barb?

Fuzzy suggests a rethink of that logic.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited July 2011
    Close the thread and act like a mod ffs.

You could close it yourself if......

oh wait.... b:bye
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited July 2011
    You could close it yourself if......

oh wait.... b:bye

I don't know what that is supposed to mean. Are you suggesting that I am jealous of your mod power?
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    why does this epic fail thread has so many pages?

and @ fishlips, jeez dude,think for once, no one wants the psy to fight back, do you see cata barbs taking down clerics or stuff? other than arma, ... just go and survive!
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited July 2011
    . Are you suggesting that I am jealous of your mod power?

You sure seem to suggest that if you could you would and somehow the Mods should follow your ideas... oh well... your loss. b:kiss
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited July 2011
    You sure seem to suggest that if you could you would and somehow the Mods should follow your ideas... oh well... your loss. b:kiss

LMAO. Well if that's what you gather then work on your deductive thinking skills. The only thing I'm suggesting is you muster up the self respect of at least a grade school child, because you respond to people with unprovoked and unnessecary taunting and insults in just about every thread I see you in. You make mods look bad.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    LMAO. Well if that's what you gather then work on your deductive thinking skills. The only thing I'm suggesting is you muster up the self respect of at least a grade school child, because you respond to people with unprovoked and unnessecary taunting and insults in just about every thread I see you in. You make mods look bad.

Here's your Sign
    edited July 2011

b:chuckle No I'm known for speaking my mind irl as well. I just find it odd no one says anything to Fuzzy, when the majority of times all I see him do is insult people and troll. Quite unmodlike imo

Poor kitty tho D:
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Did Fuzzy miss something? A barb sitting on the crystal can't have a cleric to rebuff or a veno to throw bramble back? Does that somehow make a Psy in white voodoo to stay alive allow them to pull a cata with more effectiveness than a barb?

As much as people like to profess the OP'ness of aps, when it comes to TW, no if's, and's or but's, a true barb is who you want behind your catapult and to even pretend or insinuate any different is not just an insult to Fuzzy and every other barb. It speaks volumes that someone wouldn't understand this.

PVE? Barbs are buff monkeys? Sorry, are you able to round up every instance,wined or not, in a few pulls? Fuzzy is sick of people thinking the panda's class isn't useful at end-game, or TW. Is it better to take a couple aps folk who can burn an instance mob by mob, or do you want an true tank to gather em up, 1/2 an instance at a time so the everyone can unleash their full aoe potential?

Do you imagine its better to have a 1-2k hp char pull your cata just because they have a reflect skill in TW?

If you imagine so, you been running with the wrong barbs. ..

Or perhaps you just need to go spend more time in FC....

TW have some fail class pull cata and think because they can reflect a little bit an get a heal here and there they are better than a barb?

Fuzzy suggests a rethink of that logic.

/sigh

Fuzzy it seems somebody has bought your account, but whatever I shall respond to this.

I'll start at the top: True a barb can have a bramble and cleric's rebuffing them like crazy, but my thing is this. A barb has to sit there and cycle through apoc's, genie skills, heals, barb skills all to stay alive. During this whole time the barb is sitting there just taking a **** ton of dmg and maybe reflecting a little bit of it if the barb is buffed with bramble.
    Now here is where I look at it like. Psychic in r9 and barb in r9, which is very common in the higher TW guilds (i.e. Enrage, Essence, etc.). Now a r9 psychic is usually at +10/+12 and sitting on 50k+ soulforce and ~20k buffed hp, the barb is sitting there ~20-30k hp (in true form). So the way I look at it is like this "Do I want somebody who can only sit on the crystal and not do anything, or do I want somebody who can sit on the crystal AND kill other people while sitting on the crystal?" I personally chose the Psychic over the barb as a cata puller because of the fact that a psychic who is in their r9 gear can easily just laugh as people attack them. Add in that a barb losses all their buffs upon death, a psychic can res right back up and still (if in r9 gear at +10/+12) have all their reflect buffs and still have 16k hp. Which means they can go into def voodoo and get the catapult right back on them, then switch to attk voodoo and start **** again.

Now as for your little remark about luring instances? Sorry but a BM, Sin, Psychic, hell ****ING ANYTHING NOWADAYS can pull half or more of an instances, wined or unwined and not die because of what gears are like on our server. I've seen BM's with 20k hp unbuffed, i've seen sins with 15k hp unbuffed, psychic's with 15k unbuffed, clerics with ****** 10k unbufffed, wizzy's with 14k unbuffed, etc. So seriously, unless the barb is APS the BARB IS ****ING USELESS BESIDES GOD DAMN BUFFS. Which now if you are in a faction with a faction base, YOU CAN GET FROM THE FACTION BASE. So that cuts out barbs even more.

Now please, Get the **** off this thread or lock it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    *Sighs* All this arguing makes me sad.

Closed.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited July 2011
    Sory Kirs, Fuzzy isn't going to let this one be close atm lest people thing somehow barbs don't cut the mustard....
    Now as for your little remark about luring instances? Sorry but a BM, Sin, Psychic, hell ****ING ANYTHING NOWADAYS can pull half or more of an instances, wined...
    So seriously, unless the barb is APS the BARB IS ****ING USELESS BESIDES GOD DAMN BUFFS.

As for Peses... get a clue...

Have you run an instance outside FC?

Lets get it on... bring your BM, Sin, Psy... can they pull SOT unwined in 3 pulls to clear the instance? Can you, without a barb even dream of a Lunar Trophy mode? Can they pull Abaddon unwined? Can they pull anything short of maybe Frostcoverd Ground unwined?

Let Fuzzy guess.. you are one of those who insists on something like Warsong and expects to take it 1 group at a time just like every other fail "play it safe" "play it like before" squad. "Lets do 3-3 and sit on out hands and clear it one room at a time"

Fuzzy would assume you, and many like you, are afraid to run 3-3, or any other instance, and pull for all everyone can.

Squads today are AFRAID of running instances lest they get outside their comfort zone.

A barb can't tank..?? Maybe, but lets see.. the barb runs ahed, gathers 1/3 to 1/2 to 2/3 of the instnace... Wizard, Psy, Seeker, BM, Barb, and Archer aoe.. mix of DB, Arma, HF, BoA, Vortex etc.. you think this is worse/slower than 1 or 2 ppl that have 5 aps???
    BARB IS ****ING USELESS BESIDES GOD DAMN BUFFS

Barbs only useful for buffs?

If you think so Fuzzy feels sorry for you. A good squad, no matter what the instance will always be faster than an aps toon playing hero. Don't care what the buffs, if they are R9 +12, team work trumps aps, trumps b.s. trumps people thinking any one class is a buff-monkey. If they think so, they roll with the wrong crowd.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
This discussion has been closed.